(2014) ivf mummies support group

@iwantahealthybaby - you can consider continuing your fish oil supp cuz it suppose to help in lifting your spirits... I did had one episode of breakdown in my third week cuz BB was still having jaundice and I felt my milk supply was not enough then... hang in there... your milk supply will come in very soon! If nipple is sore, apply some of your own breastmilk onto the nipple and let it dry there... will help to heal faster... and when you start to pump for the session, tab nipple with clean warm water and start with low suction till you are comfortable (say 5 mins into it then increase the suction)..your nipples will get sanitized soon...

Ecym thanks for the advice. Think my boobs very weird. I went breast massage both masseur tell me my milk a lot just that it's block so cannot fully come out. Try to clear by massaging but when pump out still not a lot. Shall see how it goes.

Now pumping as I type :( really the life of a newborn mummy lol.

Ecym thanks for the advice. Think my boobs very weird. I went breast massage both masseur tell me my milk a lot just that it's block so cannot fully come out. Try to clear by massaging but when pump out still not a lot. Shall see how it goes.

Now pumping as I type :( really the life of a newborn mummy lol.

not bad lo... can still check forum to relieve some stress!!! Jia you! You can start to shoot ppl mouth when others starts to say newborn very easy to take care de!!! :p

My supply also very low.. pump like so long only a bit faint. Buddy I also cry when I discharge. I know is not good but I cry as I very heart pain see my baby crying badly and the nurses was so busy to see my baby. Then my baby nose kenna cover by a cloth until I got to knock at the window to ask the nurses to check. So heart pain as I discharge and baby cannot discharge crying badly makes me cry. Haha anyway that episode is over.
Tomorrow I going bring baby back, she looks yellow and I really hope she does not need to stay in hospital tomorrow if the level is found not ideal again.
Buddy, no worries you have we sisters here to share your thought. Well now is really not a easy period but it is worth for our loving babies. Jia you.
Bb_hc, are you next???
The rest jia you. ..

Yeah. I just finish pumping again. Going to take a nap. Lucky my mum around to help but soon she going back already cannot help out. I going miss her. I think if I got one bb my bm is enough but now that I got two supply consider low. Bud how ur volume after each pump? Mine fluctuate so much diff. At gd times can be 50-60ml bad times can be 20-30ml omg.

I totally understand now that we are mummies really not easy. I also keep telling myself if they cry don't care don't go carry immediately but whenever I see them cry till face change color I heart pain. And before I can go carry my mum will go already so I think my babies also used to pple carry once they cry. I am thinking whether to give pacifier anot. Still thinking....anyone giving?

I shall go nap nap 1st before wake to pump again.

Once you are without help, it very difficult to you to carry your babies every time they cry... you will have to brave thru the crying for a while (up to 20mins)...You may want to have a device on to let them hear soothing music or your own voice recording... may work for some babies?

Buddy same as you. . Good times 50-60ml and bad times 20ml. I seldom pump often as I got to take care of baby too while my mum busy cooking.

Lynn, supposed to be same date as you and Iwahb. Now gonna wait another week. Prof says cervix still close. Next week is week 40. By the way today got a lactation nurse gave a short lecture on bf. Says milk or no milk must let baby latch 8 times a day to stimulate.

My baby just can't latch on me. Even the nurses help me also cannot. Sigh. I pump out she also don't like to eat.

My baby just can't latch on me. Even the nurses help me also cannot. Sigh. I pump out she also don't like to eat.

Lynn you try your best to persist.
Did a lactation nurse come by to advise you?
Don't feel disheartened. The first 3 weeks are the hardest for breastfeeding

Lynn, supposed to be same date as you and Iwahb. Now gonna wait another week. Prof says cervix still close. Next week is week 40. By the way today got a lactation nurse gave a short lecture on bf. Says milk or no milk must let baby latch 8 times a day to stimulate.
Wow! Week 40. Bb_hc, are you having twins too?

I just finished my regular swim. The weather is terrible! So humid!

Iwahb & Lynn, persevere on. It's not easy but you can do it! Babies can't talk yet so they are unable to express themselves properly. So we must try and catch their cues. It's also not easy but no matter what, we can't give up. Sometimes all these are very frustrating but hey we wanted our babies in the first place. That's why we went through so much to conceive them. Just keep telling ourselves this is just a stage where we need to go through tough.

Bbhc jiayou soon u be joining the league. Sleepless nights ahead. But still all is worth. Like what Faithfullyours mention yes everything for our bb gone this far come this far! Let's all stand strong together.

Bud your milk production is good too 50-60 but u must try to pump often as in regular intervals 2-3hrs so to generate more milk. My Twinnies cannot latch well too but I still try not frequent cause usually they sleep
I don't wake them up. By time they wake up they cry for milk already so if latch they will be super fustrated. My elder one can latch more but super painful. Feel like she is biting on me.

Now my mum helps to bottle feed most of the time so I got time to pump. Soon when she return home I will be the one handling and I guess I will have either no time To pump or pump halfway bb cry for milk.

Ecym I guess soon I will let them cry cause no more help...

Handling twins Is no joke keep calm n latch :) btw u gals need to standby rid wind drop coz by 2nd or 3rd mth they will start to have colicky tummy n they will cry for an HR at the same timing everyday so keep a lookout if bottle feed try to use anti colic bottle can reduce or prevent colic tummy

Handling twins Is no joke keep calm n latch :) btw u gals need to standby rid wind drop coz by 2nd or 3rd mth they will start to have colicky tummy n they will cry for an HR at the same timing everyday so keep a lookout if bottle feed try to use anti colic bottle can reduce or prevent colic tummy

Thanks snow for your advice. Now every milk bottles mostly they mention is anti colic also don't know how true. I using avent natural range now. Hope it's suitable for them. But how do we know if they are having colic stomach from their cries?

iwahb & lynn-hang on there! jus try 2feed as n when u all can.. supp w/formula in btwn, no need 2stress urself.. happy mummy more impt! lynn hope ur princess jaundice goes 2normal level 2day...

bb_hc i guess u r nex.. take good care yah!

Thanks snow for your advice. Now every milk bottles mostly they mention is anti colic also don't know how true. I using avent natural range now. Hope it's suitable for them. But how do we know if they are having colic stomach from their cries?

If they keep crying n u have already feed them with milk change their diaper pet them n they can't slp, u might want to observe 1 or 2 days if they are crying at the same timing for the 2 days. But I've frien tellin mi that colic tummy will cry anytime of the day. If not will be tummy bloated

Lynn - cant latch is ok...at least try to get bb to bottle feed the expressed bm to flush out the jaundice...if bottle feed cannot, cup feed also can! i think i ever tried a small syringe to feed at one point of time.

Just now I try to latch my twins. I think my nipples are short that's why they hard to latch :( anyway after on off latching for 20mins they still cry so in end I give ebm in bottle form to them. Guess from the boobs direct cannot satisfy their appetite.

Later after lunch going to pump again and hope can take a nap...

Had contractions yesterday and checked-in to hospital for a night. Cervix is soft but not opened. In the end went back home to monitor contraction again. If contraction is getting intense and as frequent as last night, would need to go csec.
Arghh... Dilation check is so painful! :mad: Practically went numb after the physical examination. Any ways to relax?

Hi hi... i had exciting morning. went to gynae appt. bp ok but water level dropped from 7 to 4.9. doc was still telling me that may need to induce.

then he checked cervix and exclaimed he can't feel it. baby is very low. then he straight away get up and said I dilated 4-5cm already. need to be admitted now.

so I am now lying in the delivery suite. Most likely tonight can see baby already

Circlecirle welcome to Parenthood soon. Praying for a smooth delivery for u. Jiayou. Push push ya. Have u got everything prepare at home? So excited :)

ermmmmm not super ready at home. imagine my hubby was packing hospital bag like 3 hrs ago. And I was telling him where to grab the things. hahaha!

We really didn't think it will be today. Hahaha!

Had contractions yesterday and checked-in to hospital for a night. Cervix is soft but not opened. In the end went back home to monitor contraction again. If contraction is getting intense and as frequent as last night, would need to go csec.
Arghh... Dilation check is so painful! :mad: Practically went numb after the physical examination. Any ways to relax?
Ete, when is your edd?

I had my CTG done for an hour today. Dr Tan said I had contractions and asked me if I had felt it. I said no and told him that baby was moving during those moments as I was looking at the print out. Then he checked my water bag level and said it was still good. He asked me if I wanna wait. I said yeah wait. So I'll see him again next week. He also told me I'm cleared of GBS infection but I do have some yeast infection so he prescribed me pressie to insert. I did ask him what if baby goes past 40 weeks and still doesn't wanna come out. He said usually he will wait one or two days. If baby still doesn't wanna come out, he will induce labour.

Hi hi... i had exciting morning. went to gynae appt. bp ok but water level dropped from 7 to 4.9. doc was still telling me that may need to induce.

then he checked cervix and exclaimed he can't feel it. baby is very low. then he straight away get up and said I dilated 4-5cm already. need to be admitted now.

so I am now lying in the delivery suite. Most likely tonight can see baby already
All the best, Circle! So you're next on the list! :)

Do you feel painful contractions as of now?

Faithfullyours did you get checked on dilation?
Ete, nope. Dr Tan didn't check on my dilation. Because I said I didn't feel the contractions, he explained that sometimes it's the electrolyte in our bodies that cause the contractions. Baby's head is down already since week 32. Today baby's weight is the same as last week, approximately 2.8 kg. Last week she was 2.9 kg. This week I weigh 61.5 kg. Last week I was 62 kg. Dr Tan was not concerned with baby's weight and concluded she is of a good weight baby.

I just finished my last facial before I pop. Just now felt some mild menses like cramps again. Therapist said it can be any time soon from her own experience.

Jia you the next batch of sisters. Circle jia you..Welcome to parenthood soon...
My milk supply went very low think is I hand no time to pump regularly. My baby went to see doc today jaundice still there and sat got to go back again. . Hopefully she can be alright soon.
My baby can't latch well and they cry for milk can't drink well from me very frustrated then cry and cry I rather use milk Bottle too.. Very very tired for as I never rest and went out to buy clothing today as my baby not enough clothing. The changing is faster than washing.

my contraction intervals were at 7min apart with occasional 4min interval. But tailed off in the morning... seems like contractions are more at night, like now. The self monitoring of contractions is making me a little tense up... keep asking myself, is that my baby's movement or contraction? The only differentiating sign is, if I have pooing feeling, ya that's contraction and start timing... lolz so mind draining actually. need a way to relax myself better.

Bud I got alot clothings haven't wear especially rompers. I let them wear button tops easier to change diapers. So practically all my rompers haven't wear. I think when they outgrown the clothes I believe 90% are new! And it's real new only wash one time when bought from store. Excited mum to be then c nice buy. But maybe also cause my mum every 1/2 days wash bb clothes so I got more than enough. If she not around I guess I will only throw in washing machine once every week so I need Lots of spares too. Hope your daughter jaundice go down the acceptable range soon. Not to worry as long still monitoring should be fine. She don't need light treatment anymore right? Just go blood test check level only right?

Lynn, I have less than 20 clothes(rompers + long short sleeves sets). Do u think enough? Most likely wash 3 or 4 days..

Back