(2014) ivf mummies support group

Today father's day if still got promo can buy n keep. just check the expiry date first :D

I do not hv a strong understanding of chinese herbs and internet research din turn up very conclusive outcome.

Hence I do not want to buy first cos they are very expensive, especially the cordyceps. ( 1 tael abt 40gms cost $2600 for the top grade from tibet)

I probably will get her clearance first before i buy. My body type is heaty but can change fairly quickly too when i take certain certain herbs. She made changes to my herbs a few times since i started on my 2nd cycle of ivf.

sumiko i m not in é fb group. my edd ard 24dec.. i thinkin 2join end of this week.. u think u can add me? i see é request to add in é thread quite tedious... my oscar is thurs...

@portia, I just had cordyceps few days back. Mil said it's good for me coz previously I had a v bad cough. But she's not gg to let me have bird nest which I'm still v upset abt it. Haha.. I'm in week 13 now, sometimes will take some mild tonic like dang seng.
@dolly, hope your godson get well soon.
Sumiko,

Any reason why mil say no bird nest for u? Is it because of cough or other reasons? I heard that some bird nest that are heavily processesd are not good. But i dunno how to differentiate the good ones yet. Must research and shop around.

Some can be as cheap as $200 to $300 a tael. Others can be $800 to more than $1000. Cordyceps is a lot more exp than birdnest for the same weight.

Some ppl say bird nest are Siang so dun take too much while some said bcos some bird nest they use bleach to make it white so ban eating it. As for cordyceps tik dun take too much too. Much dh eldest cousin n twin cousins took quite abit when young n they didnt grow tall wherelse their 2nd sister who didn't take grow much taller than all 3 of them. Y she didn't take bcos she was born 2nd gal so her grandma disappointed n bochap (if I m not wrong ) then when her twin brothers came along they got the attention n her eldest sister was first grandchild of the family. So I guess everything in moderation.

Wah! So many posts! Yes yes, my waffles and ice cream is from creamier at toa payoh lorong 1.

I had drippy nose and very tired so KO after father day dinner at East coast.

This morn wake up 7am to.go church, see tcm doc for my flu and now at mil house.

Later going to friend house for mahjong. Hahaha! Hopefully my drippy nose will get better!

Dolly, to be on the safe side now better dun bring him to ur plc first. Can understand the guilty feeling of unable to bond with him now (I oso went to play w my baby nephew the whole afternoon yesterday missed him very much can only sit n play w him tho he prefers to carry him ard) but think it in another way to protect ur bb n urself first. Hope it's not hfmd very suffering for the kid n adults.
When He sick He only stick to my mum or his mum. Tik too late liao leh, last night He kissed my whole face good night

Hi gals, can I take chicken essence now? I just bought the brand's chicken essences but I saw dolly_gals said not to eat too much?

cordyceps r good.. but too ex now... i want 2see sinseh 2ask abt tonics, but hav not decided go which sinseh consult...

I only take bottle chicken essence on alternate day for a week cos only few bottles left at home. Since I m on tsb an tai yao, I dun want add others in besides duphaston n oil jab I have.. I usually time 3 hrs apart between western n chinese medication...

Hi gals, can I take chicken essence now? I just bought the brand's chicken essences but I saw dolly_gals said not to eat too much?
Tinga,

I think it depends on individual's body. I din take chx essence throughout my entire ivf cycle cos i am on chinese herbs. If u see a tcm, maybe u can ask if you are suited to take. There are many types out their with herbs included.Also, do look at the ingredients on the box. I tend to avoid those with added caramel.

My DH used to take the normal Eu Yan Sang chx essence 3x a week. He feel more energise after taking. (He works long hours and wakes up at 5am each day.) But after he started on the chinese herbs for our ivf, he stopped chx essence as he can feel the heatiness when he takes both. Now he is off chinese herbs and back to his chx essence.

After 6 months of no alcohol ( social drinking of a glass of wine or a beer occasionally), he just had 1 glass last week after going off chinese herbs. He could feel the heat in his body after half a glass. I think the chinese herbs must have helped in adjusting his health and blood circulation.

cordyceps r good.. but too ex now... i want 2see sinseh 2ask abt tonics, but hav not decided go which sinseh consult...
Yep. Best to consult before buying tonics.

The thing i like about tcm is it is tailored to individual's needs. What is good for one may not be suited for another.

sumiko i m not in é fb group. my edd ard 24dec.. i thinkin 2join end of this week.. u think u can add me? i see é request to add in é thread quite tedious... my oscar is thurs...
I can't add u coz I'm only a member. It must be the administrator then there won't be any problem. U have to add that administrator as frenz before she can add u into the closed gp.

Tinga,

I think it depends on individual's body. I din take chx essence throughout my entire ivf cycle cos i am on chinese herbs. If u see a tcm, maybe u can ask if you are suited to take. There are many types out their with herbs included.Also, do look at the ingredients on the box. I tend to avoid those with added caramel.

My DH used to take the normal Eu Yan Sang chx essence 3x a week. He feel more energise after taking. (He works long hours and wakes up at 5am each day.) But after he started on the chinese herbs for our ivf, he stopped chx essence as he can feel the heatiness when he takes both. Now he is off chinese herbs and back to his chx essence.

After 6 months of no alcohol ( social drinking of a glass of wine or a beer occasionally), he just had 1 glass last week after going off chinese herbs. He could feel the heat in his body after half a glass. I think the chinese herbs must have helped in adjusting his health and blood circulation.
I m not on any tcm yet, thinking Shd I start to see tcm now? I think I need to start to take some an tai Yao. I have not tell my family members yet so can't ask them for opinion for now.any good tmc to recommend in north? I'm staying in sbw area.

i c.. thanks sumiko.

i m very sentitive 2tcm n herbs.. so i muz definately consult sinseh b4 i tak anythg.. but i tak chicken essence today, aft a long time..

I m not on any tcm yet, thinking Shd I start to see tcm now? I think I need to start to take some an tai Yao. I have not tell my family members yet so can't ask them for opinion for now.any good tmc to recommend in north? I'm staying in sbw area.

Both dolly gal and i are with Tan Siew Buoy. Many ladies on this forum are seeing her, including non chinese. But her appt are vey full. You may want to walk in and try. I am seeing her tmr for review.

Some ladies could not click with her and din like her cos she has a long wait and seems arrogant. But i say, if she is good in what she is doing and can help in ensuring a safe and healthy pregnancy, just queue and wait and put up with the so call arrogance. She must have the skills and knowledge in order to be 'arrogant'.

Sumiko,

Any reason why mil say no bird nest for u? Is it because of cough or other reasons? I heard that some bird nest that are heavily processesd are not good. But i dunno how to differentiate the good ones yet. Must research and shop around.

Some can be as cheap as $200 to $300 a tael. Others can be $800 to more than $1000. Cordyceps is a lot more exp than birdnest for the same weight.
Portia, my mil heard tt bird nest were bleached so she doesn't want me to eat. As for cordyceps, it was for my cough. She said take twice shld be sufficient. My sil last time bought for her and she kept it in the fridge never eat.
During my mid 1st trimester, she would make double boiled chkn essence every alternate week. Plus brew dang seng water. I ended up too heaty and got sore throat and a bad persistent cough. Then she stopped. So I think it's good to consult tmc before taking any tonic. If not, take in moderation or take those mild tonic.

Sumiko,

Portia, my mil heard tt bird nest were bleached so she doesn't want me to eat. As for cordyceps, it was for my cough. She said take twice shld be sufficient. My sil last time bought for her and she kept it in the fridge never eat.
During my mid 1st trimester, she would make double boiled chkn essence every alternate week. Plus brew dang seng water. I ended up too heaty and got sore throat and a bad persistent cough. Then she stopped. So I think it's good to consult tmc before taking any tonic. If not, take in moderation or take those mild tonic.

Wah! So many posts! Yes yes, my waffles and ice cream is from creamier at toa payoh lorong 1.

I had drippy nose and very tired so KO after father day dinner at East coast.

This morn wake up 7am to.go church, see tcm doc for my flu and now at mil house.

Later going to friend house for mahjong. Hahaha! Hopefully my drippy nose will get better!
Haha.. circle, I wonder how or if your babies will react when u "pong! Pong! Pong!" at your mj session.. :D

Saw this from fb.. JTS. . Can show to your hubby..

Attachments

• 1402815569148.jpg
    1402815569148.jpg
    126.2 KB · Views: 123
I had cordyceps too at $100 for 2 pieces with good pao sheng. Tcm said good for me as last time I got bleeding problem. Ok queue to go in church now.

Last time I love to eat dessert and dark chocolate like those bitter taste for food. After having beanie, I must make sure the things are sweet then can eat. Bitter will feel very bitter. my 1st trimester only take vegetarian diet. I see meat I will feel like want to puke. Last time I eat meat and seafood. But don't know what's wrong in 1st trimester just can't eat. Btw I have scan 3 times so far they commented is girl. Shall wait for detailed which is coming soon to double confirm. We are approaching week 19 soon.
Bb_hc are you there? When is your detailed?
My detail scan probably much later than you. 3 weeks away, week 21 day 5. When is yours?

Q:
- Who is planning or already booked CL?
- Getting mom/mil to help w/o CL?
- getting mom/mil to help with CL?
- mom/mil to help with complete catered confinement meals?

Most probably will be mil with either lunch or dinner by caterer.

Bb_hc, mine suppose to be 27 June at kkh but I plan to skip. Tmc arrange one at 5 july also my week 21 then 8 july I will do my scan with dr ananda.
Yue, my mum will be my cl and my dad will be cooking the food for me. So I can save on both costs.

My mum will cook and help with cleaning and bathing bb. Will engage maid to support her and do cleaning and housework.

Whoa long post. Haven't got time read finish all but manage to scroll thru some. Cheerywalnuts I prefer part 1 more funny. Part 2 I hear pple laugh in cinema but I find ok only.

Me will get a maid then put babies at parents house during my working hours. Will bring them home daily.

Today I walk whole day since morning. Can really say full day walking. My niece today say my stomach very big already.

Dolly hope your godson recover soon.

I'm having my crave now. Mala soup.
ImageUploadedByForum1402840618.452403.jpg

The 4-1 steriliser diff is the dish basket and also digital display (time to show when the sterilising completed) 3-1 no digital Display and dish basket.

Today went maternity exchange get 1 shorts, 1 top and 1 overall. Before I went out today I realise all
My bottoms cannot wear already even with extension belt. I realise not only My tummy is growing my thighs are getting wider too which adds up to the width of my buttocks. I got a mini skirt which I used to wear super low waist today totally cannot wear. Very sad. Means I am not only increasing in stomach my lower half is growing too. Shit.

I think I need to start getting more bottoms that are elastic already.

Me Backies from my mahjong. So happy and enjoyed myself a lot!

My mom doing confinement for me. I might order just confinement dinner so that can help her save work cos she still must cook normal food for bro, dad and hubby. But lunch she poss can cook

The 4-1 steriliser diff is the dish basket and also digital display (time to show when the sterilising completed) 3-1 no digital Display and dish basket.

Today went maternity exchange get 1 shorts, 1 top and 1 overall. Before I went out today I realise all
My bottoms cannot wear already even with extension belt. I realise not only My tummy is growing my thighs are getting wider too which adds up to the width of my buttocks. I got a mini skirt which I used to wear super low waist today totally cannot wear. Very sad. Means I am not only increasing in stomach my lower half is growing too. Shit.

I also got 2 pairs of shorts, 1 pair of jeans and 1 pair of yoga pants from maternity exchange on last thursday... can't wear my usual bottoms and tops any more...

I just got back from robinson. Bot 3 pairs of flats / ballerina pumps and a bottle of blackmores pregnancy supplements for only $210 in all.

My mom doing confinement for me. I might order just confinement dinner so that can help her save work cos she still must cook normal food for bro, dad and hubby. But lunch she poss can cook
I understand that confinement food orders are not cheap. Some of my friends did not really eat confinement food. Just lots of steam fish, chicken or pork rib soup and greens daily.

Thanks for the update!
I had satay beehoon n tip top curry puff :D
Just finish my daily glass of milk
Wah... nice...

I had pasta and mushroom soup ay coffee club but only managed to eat half. My bloated tummy is killing me and i keep wanting to burp. :(

It would be really nice if i can enjoy my food again instead of eating for the sake of eating.

Yes confinement food are never cheap. In fact anything to do with preg, birth, babies are never cheap. Portia for multi vitamins in fact when u reaching 2nd trim your doc will prescribe u with one too. Now u just had to continue your folic acid should be good enough.

I'm preparing to sleep soon. Today been up since 6plus am. Yawn..

Yah... but my hubby don't eat steamed food and soup. Bro don't eat ginger. And my bro body is super heaty kind. All the food for me, he can't eat.

My mom got to cook a lot of different dishes for dinner. So I though cater just confinement dinner. At least she don't need to cook like siao.

i heard é mother should avoid frozen fish or meat durin confinm.. é only thg i m worried is catered meal is they might not use fresh ingredients fully.. i still plannin but most likely mum will com n help n teach hubz when she is not workin.. hub tak leave from work 4 two weeks mayb.. need 2check edd dec entitled 2full 6d of childcare leave n how 2tak not 2double with maternity leave..

Bb_hc, mine suppose to be 27 June at kkh but I plan to skip. Tmc arrange one at 5 july also my week 21 then 8 july I will do my scan with dr ananda.
Yue, my mum will be my cl and my dad will be cooking the food for me. So I can save on both costs.

Lucky you that your papa will be cooking for you.

Me too, few days back, those zipped shorts got stuck when reaching the hip then realised I couldn't pull them up anymore. Dresses wise, already almost all can't wear anymore.

Letting mil to prepare both confinement lunch & dinner plus helping with bb might prove too much for her, now is wondering lunch or dinner to order caterer & which one is good.

Any 2nd or 3rd time mommies that had ordered confinement meals before able to share?

Back