(2014/11) Nov 2014 Mummies

Where is a safe place to go for holiday during second trimester? I still cannot make up my mind but I am keen to take a holiday before 3rd trimester.

Also anyone knows when 7th month starts?

Lol! I see! But ok la.. Ur mum can look after you even better?? But will nag At u if u take the wrong food..
hahaha. still dun knw who take care who lei.
i guess she also let me eat wat i wan ba.... lol. she is not those very particular on wat food i can take n cannot take.
juz tat i will aviod liang food lor. but COLD DESSERT is a muz take at HK. hahaha....

Hihi pooopi, i am a new mom but stored my cord blood... Not all problems and disorders are genetic in nature. There were many instances where own stem cells was used for own body. And particularly for own use your own cells won't attack ur own body. There were many transplants in the world using own stem cells. Even in Singapore. Think stem cells is going to more treatments rather than just the conventional blood cancers which have been know for few decades. Now I hear alot of trials on brain injuries, birth accidents, autism even. And it's worthwhile to store my baby's stem cells because no one else is a better match than his own.

hahaha. still dun knw who take care who lei.
i guess she also let me eat wat i wan ba.... lol. she is not those very particular on wat food i can take n cannot take.
juz tat i will aviod liang food lor. but COLD DESSERT is a muz take at HK. hahaha....

Lol! Ya!!!! Cold dessert!!! Cannot miss that out leh.. It's good that your mum isn't the particular kind.. My mum is more of the particular kind.. So a lot of things I eat I cannot let her know. If not she will nag like mad..

Lol! Ya!!!! Cold dessert!!! Cannot miss that out leh.. It's good that your mum isn't the particular kind.. My mum is more of the particular kind.. So a lot of things I eat I cannot let her know. If not she will nag like mad..
lol. lucky me lor. but still have to control. cannot overeat. hahaha....
scare go there come bk heavy alot. hahaha....

For non first time mum, just wondering how much cash do we need to fork out for the delivery? I'm looking at TMC, 1 bedded. Just want to be prepared for the bill.

Hi Menoid, my gfriend went for the emergency C-sec last year, after trying for natural delivery. She stayed in 1-bedded in TMC, after medisave deduction she paid about $15K. It;s not cheap if C-sec is confirmed.
I am thinking of TMC as well, but hopefully mine can be natural delivery instead.

I think for c-sec tmc seems to be the cheapest.. I saw the comparison bill from thomson.

My friend's friend recently just have birth in tmc.

She stayed in 2bedded, natural with epi.

Total bill is about $4600. After medisave deduction cash layout is about $2100.

She say 2 years back the paid the same price for 1bedded. She said tmc increase a lot. For 1bedded I guess got to fork out another $1-2k..

So meaning 1bedded in tmc will cost roughly about $3500-$4500 for cash layout. Quite a huge difference between 1 bedded and 2 bedded.

Plus u have factor in IF got complications. And use of other assist.. Means extra charges le..

I'll go for 2 bedded confirm, as 4 bedded and 2 bedded the differences not very big. Unless the complications falls under the list that my insurance covers (eg: one of them covers breech position, be it naturally or csec), then I'll op for 1bedded..

But then again, touchwood!!! CHOY!!

Hihi I'm new to this forum too. EDD end oct / very early nov so prob one of the first in the group! My #1. Did my detailed scan just this week and it's so exciting to be able to see baby moving around and zooming in to brain, heart, fingers, size of feet etc. think all mummies will really enjoy the FA scan so look forward to it mummies!!!

Can I be added to Facebook too? [email protected]

Thanks!

Hi, im new here. First mom-to-be. Now 4 months. Just wondering whether Can we do teeth filling while pregnant?

I got ask my dentist before.. She said if not necessary she won't do it.. And can't use those silver filling.. Only can use those "lousier" filling.. Due to the chemical reactions..

And usually during 3rd trimester advice not to do filling or treatment.. Only scaling and polishing... I went for my crowning treatment during my 1st trimester.. Was very concern so I ask her details on visiting dentist during pregnancy :)

Ya base fees only. My mum original doing for me. But she old le and fingers now cannot bend so she ask me hire also. She says impt lah. Cox it's not just abt cooking etc. The cl can help take care of the baby while u recover. Esp impt if u intend to have 2nd one. Also rest properly so that u can recover well to look after the baby in future. So look at longer term benefits bah.

But to each his own. Some ppl can managed well without CL also. :)
I scare lah so follow my mums instructions. Ahha I'm mummy's gal.

My mum will still come over and help. Buy ingredients etc for the cl. Look after me. Tell cl what I like don't like etc.

I also think very ex. But since my my says worth then I will spend. Like u all say money can earn back and confinement impt also. Cox u will be very tired.

2.5K is really alot. I'm still not sure whether to get cl or do it myself n spend the $ on bb stuffs instead..

$2.5k for 28 days and stay over kind is already very cheap le..

I think seldom can get $2.5k Liao.. At least $2.8k..

For those daytime kind used to be $1.5-1.8k now also need about $2k Liao...

So CL unless u got no pple to help u, if not it's really a luxury..

U also have to factor in hospital bills leh... Maybe can compromised, stay 2bedded den the price diff can used to offset CL. Or if u stay 1beddes den don't engage CL.. Haha.. Cuz if I really sit down and calculate, it's really a lot of money!!

Ya but I still think it's worth it because it is important to recover... I also plan to start trying for second one as soon as possible. Getting old lah

Ya but I still think it's worth it because it is important to recover... I also plan to start trying for second one as soon as possible. Getting old lah

I mean it's up to individual choice la..

I'm more concern as the chances of me having complications is higher so every cents count...

If u can get help from mom and relatives den I feel will be enough.. Tho at night will have to handle urself..

$2.5k for 28 days and stay over kind is already very cheap le..

I think seldom can get $2.5k Liao.. At least $2.8k..

For those daytime kind used to be $1.5-1.8k now also need about $2k Liao...

So CL unless u got no pple to help u, if not it's really a luxury..

U also have to factor in hospital bills leh... Maybe can compromised, stay 2bedded den the price diff can used to offset CL. Or if u stay 1beddes den don't engage CL.. Haha.. Cuz if I really sit down and calculate, it's really a lot of money!!

Mine is $2.2k + $111 levy, from agency. Cos scared personal arrangement may play us out

Mine is $2.2k + $111 levy, from agency. Cos scared personal arrangement may play us out

Oh.. That's quite cheap.. But those they assign u, might be a headache as well.. My friend say heng suay.. Some very good.. Some very lazy.. But good thing is u not happy call back agency complain and ask then to change another one for u...

Cuz those good one, self arrange de price all pricey..

I got ask my dentist before.. She said if not necessary she won't do it.. And can't use those silver filling.. Only can use those "lousier" filling.. Due to the chemical reactions..

And usually during 3rd trimester advice not to do filling or treatment.. Only scaling and polishing... I went for my crowning treatment during my 1st trimester.. Was very concern so I ask her details on visiting dentist during pregnancy :)
I checked with my gynae. He dun allowed me to do any filling and my upper gum swelling quite badly until my half of my face swollen. He prescribe me antibiotics coz I also got tongue infection. He insist I must rest n sleep for three days. Even I went to dentist, he dun dare to do any filling for me. He said during pregnancy our hormone intend to change and affect our gum n teeth as well. Good thing is my tooth only got crack shadow from my previous filling. Just avoid to use that tooth for eating during pregnant. Hopefully I'm ok after tat. Bear with it!!!!

Yes spicy food is ok i have been eating cut chillies, curry, nasi lemak, muslim food (around once a week ) but my colleague from China told me that 水煮鱼 and most szechuan food is not good.

I checked with my gynae. He dun allowed me to do any filling and my upper gum swelling quite badly until my half of my face swollen. He prescribe me antibiotics coz I also got tongue infection. He insist I must rest n sleep for three days. Even I went to dentist, he dun dare to do any filling for me. He said during pregnancy our hormone intend to change and affect our gum n teeth as well. Good thing is my tooth only got crack shadow from my previous filling. Just avoid to use that tooth for eating during pregnant. Hopefully I'm ok after tat. Bear with it!!!!

Oh I see.. That's bad.. My gum swell too... And bleed.. So I brush my teeth every morning n night.. So everything got better after that.. It's the best to drink lots of water.. Cos bleeding gum can be due to heaty body also.. :)

I jus placed deposit with a CL cos my mom changed her mind she say I better hire one and do properly ... I initially looked for one my fren rec but she's booked alrdy and recommended her fren. $2.5k .. I now jus cross my fingers and hope I will have a happy experience with her .. My fren say angbao ard $30-50 can le .. She say agency tell her must be above $30..

Ya... I also hire a cl . Think is need lor cos first time mummy, body need to recover back ,bb need to have good care also. Good sleep &'food is important . $ can earn back, no choice now have to pay first...:)

I also hope will have happy experience with her.
Slapurface, ang pow $30-50 can r ? What's the market rate r ? My cl request to have it when come & back . Is this their 'law'?

I dunno leh she tell me 开工 and 收工 ang bao .. I thinking of giving lesser first then if she good at the end give more .. But I abit uncomfortable when she tell me about angbao and she say actually we must buy ticket for them to go home at the end but if not convenient then she buy herself .. Then when they cook expensive food for us like fish all this they also eat ah ?

Ya... I also hire a cl . Think is need lor cos first time mummy, body need to recover back ,bb need to have good care also. Good sleep &'food is important . $ can earn back, no choice now have to pay first...:)

I also hope will have happy experience with her.
Slapurface, ang pow $30-50 can r ? What's the market rate r ? My cl request to have it when come & back . Is this their 'law'?

yah agency also advised that two ang paos needed for first and last day. my colleague said it is gesture of goodwill...should at least cover their transport costs

Yup. I called PEM abt the Angbao range and they advise $30-50 and more if u wan,but generally one when she come and one when she leaves.

My CL cost me 2.4K plus levy (ard 120, which i need to apply when CL comes).
As for ang pow, i tink it depends on hw much you wan to give.
but start n end give angpow is a gesture lor. which i tink shld lar. for heng heng.

i heard got ppl say their CL request min 100 for angpow lor,
so if u say agency advise 30-50, i tink quite ok.

i tinking give less when start. end if CL is gd then give more.

Anyone tried PEM?

I fired my first CL who only worked 3 days. First and foremost, she insisted I feed fm at night coz babies will sleep longer (that's so wrong!). And since I heard some CL do basic housework I had expected her to do some simple housework like sweeping the floor coz I have 2 dogs around and she keep saying they are dirty (I wonder coz she perspired like a pig and didn't bother to change a new attire when handling my son... Eeek!). Worse of all, since I have 2 dogs, they naturally 'owned' the common toilet and I did mention to her. Well guess wat she did?! She wanted to bath my son in the dogs' toilet while the pee/poo are on the tray. She's a nightmare. Not only is she nt supportive of bfd, I have to do my own housework... Thank God I fired her... Lol!!!

Last edited:
Can PM me if you want to find confinement nanny... Have one to recommend. Had her last year for my recent confinement

Supermom of 2!

PEM agency have to see if ur lucky or not... My friend got a not bad lady from Ipoh. Apparently those from Ipoh are good cook haha!

Supermom of 2!

Back