(2014/11) Nov 2014 Mummies

I din use powder till my gal is much older ..
As for ordering milk bottles, i think pigeon ones are good enough for me ..
Still can trade in at bb fairs ..

7months too early arh.. 37weeks..

As for milk bottles depends on what you wanna get.. heard Dr brown cheaper on Amazon..

Get more rest yeah..

My Oscar appointment on this Tuesday! Cannot wait.. need to visit gynae first then go tmc for Oscar..

Mine is twin babies. So after 7 months if need to come then come.. I think I be getting nuk. Damn cheap.

Omg... Can see baby kicking inside Liao. Hee..
Good luck for your oscar scanning!! Mine still got one more week go..

Yeah I guess use sparingly should be fine and cover the face when dabbing the powder.. there's another kinda bb powder which is ok.. not sure which brand though

I think should be okay wan. Cover the face...
I also did that for my #1. Mummies have been using powder for generations and all of us are growing well. So doubt any problem... Our babies are not so fragile!!! Haha..

I din use powder till my gal is much older ..
As for ordering milk bottles, i think pigeon ones are good enough for me ..
Still can trade in at bb fairs ..

Can trade in? Actually pigeon ones are okay and not too bad, I just like nuk because of hello kitty( provide I get to bingo girl ) lol...

Can trade in? Actually pigeon ones are okay and not too bad, I just like nuk because of hello kitty( provide I get to bingo girl ) lol...

Yah, old pigeon bottles can trade in & buy the new ones at special rates ..
Try to get wide neck bottles coz easier to put the scoops of milk powder in ..

Hellooooo girls~~~
Jus nap my whole afternoon away :p
Oscar review this morning shows low risk :D (gynae say pass 92%, 8% grey but overall still low risk - so I shld jus trust the 92% hor?)
One more test to go :)

Hellooooo girls~~~
Jus nap my whole afternoon away :p
Oscar review this morning shows low risk :D (gynae say pass 92%, 8% grey but overall still low risk - so I shld jus trust the 92% hor?)
One more test to go :)

Congrats babe.. This is what all mummies wanna hear!!! I am so happy for you..
Gynae is not gonna say 100% safe de.. But I can see 92% is really something good!! If you still uncomfortable about it then maybe go for other test??

Yah, old pigeon bottles can trade in & buy the new ones at special rates ..
Try to get wide neck bottles coz easier to put the scoops of milk powder in ..

Wah. Sound good lehx.. Can save again!!! Haha. Gonna put pigeon in my list and see if how it goes..

Congrats babe.. This is what all mummies wanna hear!!! I am so happy for you..
Gynae is not gonna say 100% safe de.. But I can see 92% is really something good!! If you still uncomfortable about it then maybe go for other test??
Thanks Siling :)
Will see how the 20th week scan in June goes 1st.

Hi mommies :)

Happy to see you guys after so long. I have staying over at mom's place and have been napping all day long over the week. so shiok!:p no need to do any work...haha...but the weather has been on and off lately, now im down with cough n flu :confused:.

As for baby powders n nappy rashes, they have something in common. I have seen caring of babies around in my family to come up with my own theory. I guess, on the overall baby powder is ok; but for oversensitive babies, lotion is best. I have seen in my side family, that over time the babies get rashes with using disposable diapers due to the stocking of urine b4 u actually change. I mean u cant really change the diapers after one urinating session - wasting the diapers n money. So they usually alternate with nappy cloths n disposable ones. But after seeing how babies frm my in-law side never get rashes despite the use of diapers only. And i found d reason. It is not the urine that cause the rash all d time but d mix of baby powder n urine. Since u change disposables when it becomes loaded, d mix causes rash on babies. So other than body, hands, face n legs, baby powder is no no for butt n around private parts. I guess d old people didnt know that n juz stock on baby powder all over baby's body. Instead my in-law side people applied drapolene cream around that area for d babies n wear d diapers. Everytime they change diapers, they dont forget to apply d cream. It is a similar nappy rash cream n has prevention measures so d urine or feces dont cause any reaction to baby's skin n cause any rashes. And i have seen the proof - those babies have never gotten a single nappy rash at all n d mommies didnt have to use nappy cloths at all ( how convenient). Even if there were cases where the baby does get rashes, no fear...juz continue with d routine, mayb use nappy cloths for some time until d rash goes away - usually babies develop rashes if they get diarrhea...d heat n d feces can cause d rash to appear. Quite sad to see babies crying when the mommies try their to wipe off their butts.

And i have seen some mommies doing this but you should not mix lotion n powder together. Some will apply lotion first, let it dry n then apply baby powder. Not a good idea either.:eek:

My oscar is on the 3rd may. So excited :D

But d next gynae visit is on 21st may though...so another long wait lor....:oops:
Thanks for the diapers talk :D going to test my mum to see what she will do to her grandchild. LOL
So ur oscar review on 21st May? Very long wait lei.

when are you gals going to announce the pregnancy? I plan to say only first week of June. but I wont tell everyone just when they ask. cos I am fat I dont have a baby bump - already have one huge spare tyre there lah... so ppl dont give a second look!

but I was thinking of telling my parents and in-laws after the 11 week scan

when are you gals going to announce the pregnancy? I plan to say only first week of June. but I wont tell everyone just when they ask. cos I am fat I dont have a baby bump - already have one huge spare tyre there lah... so ppl dont give a second look!

We let our parents know once we tested positive. Super close friends on 6 weeks. Boss ard 8 weeks. My mum let slip to relatives on week 11. The rest of the ppl, can wait. Lol maybe till they see the bump n ask ba.

My oscar is on the 3rd may. So excited :D

But d next gynae visit is on 21st may though...so another long wait lor....:oops:
Same same.. Mine also 3rd may.. Gotta pay extra money cuz it's a Saturday lo.. Plus early morning at 930am... Have to reach Gyane clinic at 920 to collect the paper... Zzzzz... Hopefully I can wake up.. Haha

I only let my parents know when I'm 14 weeks.. Then will tell them not to tell anyone, tell nobody!! I do not want this pregnancy to be known yet... So will ask them to keep quiet...

I only let my parents know when I'm 14 weeks.. Then will tell them not to tell anyone, tell nobody!! I do not want this pregnancy to be known yet... So will ask them to keep quiet...
My parents already knew since my dad is my boss. So I can freely go hospital for jabs, blood test and go to work later when I'm feeling tired. Lol and with my past history my parents kept very quiet this time. Quite good cox mum making red dates water for me when she is free almost daily and home made chicken essence once a week.

My in-laws I will tell them in first week of June. That's when I'm in my week 14/15. Hubby will tell them I won't visit my SIL when she delivers and at her bb full mth in aug.

No fb announcement. Close friends when they see me and with the bump they will know. Others when they see on fb in mth 8-9 with bigger tummy pics they will know lol

Keeping as low profile as possible. My friend didn't even post a single fb pic until her baby was delivered. She also suffered 3 miscarriages so super pantang when she was preggie the 4th time.

Anybody knows where do they sell nappy cloth nowadays huh?
I also intend to tell both sides parents only after OSCAR scan result. The closer friends will be after 14th week. The rest only when they ask if they c my tum tum. Hee...

Anybody knows where do they sell nappy cloth nowadays huh?
I also intend to tell both sides parents only after OSCAR scan result. The closer friends will be after 14th week. The rest only when they ask if they c my tum tum. Hee...
I'm planning to buy those modern type of cloth nappy. They have a waterproof shell outside then just need to change and wash the inside. I think some websites are selling it. It's not cheap but I find them adorable and can reuse. Long term cheaper than disposables.

I asked my gynae today about Baby Plus. He said he heard about it from another patient and asked me to refresh his memory. He asked questions like is there research to back it up, any negative reviews. I mentioned pple reported it causes hearing loss but that this was an odd and not frequent comment and not sure if true. He said, well if it could even have the chance of causing hearing loss, best not to use it. He remained non-committal about the device throughout and kept asking these Socratic questions to help me arrive at my own conclusion! My thought is that your gynaes would be non-commital too as it is not something they know for sure. Do share what your gynaes say.... :)

Those nappy u can try buy online no need to buy the branded types. During my #2 I bought alot oso didnt use cos thick after u put the inside. End up I sell away.

me also thinking of baby shots.. not keen on maternity shots for me... I dun think I will like seeing myself fat and all... oops! I really wish my fats will just concentrate on tummy n dun spread all over...

once at ,my gynae's I see this preggy woman so poor thing, she looks swollen all over.. legs, arms, even her nose looks swollen. my hubs said could be water retention (he go read about preggy stuff.. ha!) I see I almost freaked out. den hubs whisked me away to wait outside coz he know how easily affected I am.... hiaz

today I have been a good gal, I didn't nap... scare I cant sleep at all... had dim sum lunch at MBS.... I ate like a pig n mom said order more coz she said I eating for 2 (which I promptly told her not exactly, coz eating for 2 dun start till 2nd trim...and I am just yao gui..,hahaha!)

lol. That day I told my mum I got cravings for dumplings. Today she made them for me. Yeah hubby collecting now from her. Those Cantonese style salted egg yolk, lean pork( cox I don't eat fatty pork, so mine is lean), chest but, mushrooms , dried scallops. Woo so exciting!!!

Lol I also don't know leh abt maternity shots. Don't know if I will have a second child so was thinking to take some shots. Think now they come in a package with maternity and baby shots. Baby shots must take so adorable!

I am thinking of baby shots not maternity shots instead... I have seen those where hubby and wife carry baby and outdoors also. hope to get chance to lose weight lol
I am pantang yet I cant resist browsing various studios which does baby shots.. I am looking for those indoor, natural type.. not too over the top cutesy type, I prefer soft lighting, baby at its most natural form, like nude, hiak hiak hiak...

lol. That day I told my mum I got cravings for dumplings. Today she made them for me. Yeah hubby collecting now from her. Those Cantonese style salted egg yolk, lean pork( cox I don't eat fatty pork, so mine is lean), chest but, mushrooms , dried scallops. Woo so exciting!!!

Lol I also don't know leh abt maternity shots. Don't know if I will have a second child so was thinking to take some shots. Think now they come in a package with maternity and baby shots. Baby shots must take so adorable!
ba zhang!!!!!!!!!! Now u making me carve for em! bad!:p

Those nappy u can try buy online no need to buy the branded types. During my #2 I bought alot oso didnt use cos thick after u put the inside. End up I sell away.
if I decided to go with cloth, I think I sourced frm neighbourhood baby stores.. think they still sell those rite? yeah, I am a very economical mom to be....

anyone started applying stretchmark cream? I haven't got any (touchwood!) but I read its good to start when u haven't got any, like apply for prevention...
is this correct?

coz u carryin twins so bigger... which is good.. show both r growing... congrats!

I think bed rest very important.. Especially first trimester. Cuz we can't eat very well. I will go home lie down on my bed soon after work.. When I went for check up at week 9.. My babies measurement is on time( also week 9) I din expect that cuz normally twins are smaller than expected date.. I hope this help some mummies !!!

My parents already knew since my dad is my boss. So I can freely go hospital for jabs, blood test and go to work later when I'm feeling tired. Lol and with my past history my parents kept very quiet this time. Quite good cox mum making red dates water for me when she is free almost daily and home made chicken essence once a week.

My in-laws I will tell them in first week of June. That's when I'm in my week 14/15. Hubby will tell them I won't visit my SIL when she delivers and at her bb full mth in aug.

No fb announcement. Close friends when they see me and with the bump they will know. Others when they see on fb in mth 8-9 with bigger tummy pics they will know lol

Keeping as low profile as possible. My friend didn't even post a single fb pic until her baby was delivered. She also suffered 3 miscarriages so super pantang when she was preggie the 4th time.
Same same... Keeping super low profile!!

I told my parents the day I tested positive, right after telling hub ..
Good frens on same day too ..
My pils knew the next day ..
My boss also knows coz of the activities based teambuilding ..
Not announced in fb too ..

Do u have to take the blood test in advanced so that u can see dr right after oscar?

I cant really remember the sequence but I took the xrays & readings to my gynae for review right after the scan ..
My gynae is at TMC so it is quite convenient to just go to the clinic ..

I cant really remember the sequence but I took the xrays & readings to my gynae for review right after the scan ..
My gynae is at TMC so it is quite convenient to just go to the clinic ..
Oh cox I read somewhere need to look at blood tests results also. And usually if review results on same day then blood tests would be taken earlier. Cox they need to test.

Nvm I'll try to rem to ask on Monday when I see my Gynae.

Oh cox I read somewhere need to look at blood tests results also. And usually if review results on same day then blood tests would be taken earlier. Cox they need to test.

Nvm I'll try to rem to ask on Monday when I see my Gynae.

Okie ..
I am seeing my gynae next wed ..
The long awaited 2nd appt ..

Back