(2014/10) Oct 2014 Mummies

my gynae is going on leave soon too..he said PSLE marking so his son has school holidays haha.

I'm due 29 Oct but gynae said baby may come out earlier... sigh i'm so not ready!!!

I'm also not ready!! My hospital bag also packed half way!! Lol!!

@verine22 @beac @nanadeedadee yahlor. They go holiday together is it. Haha. Really hope our gynaes will be ard during our labor. Heard a few of my friends another gynae take over their labor, some because their gynae actually in Sg but arrive late. Tsk tsk

Yeah I don't know how gynaes can be late. My cousin in law gynae came in for like the last 10-5 mins of pushing leh!! How can. Then pay the gynae delivery fee all. 0.0 not worth can. She's is cos her gynae is not station in that hospital. So I guess it's best to hv your gynae that's stationed in the same hospital? Safer.

@shabsrina,
Me just 36 week y.day... Doc still tell me 1st child is usually 40 weeks... If its 40 weeks then mine is 21st Oct... also towards end oct:)
My bb is 2.65kg at week 36.I have develop this pregnancy diabetes at week 28...my bb was 2.3kg at week 31.doc say slightly big... worried too big and difficult to give birth...I was on controlled diet till now and gynae ask me to continue diet as bb weight is normal...

Yay! there r still a few who are due end of Oct. Glad to know Im not alone. Hehe. Btw, I realised i keep craving for sweets lately. My gynae warned me about my sugar level previously and bb weight also quite big.:(
And everytime I feel guilty after eating a sweet, I gulped down lots of plain water. Haha. So guilty. Other than avoiding sweet stuffs even cakes or pastries, mind sharing how else u control ur diet?

Yeah I don't know how gynaes can be late. My cousin in law gynae came in for like the last 10-5 mins of pushing leh!! How can. Then pay the gynae delivery fee all. 0.0 not worth can. She's is cos her gynae is not station in that hospital. So I guess it's best to hv your gynae that's stationed in the same hospital? Safer.

True. Paid so much but in the end having another gynae to deliver our bb is heart pain leh. There's one of my friend, another gynae took over as her gynae was late. So the gynae who attended her labor didn't even read her profile/records I guess as she was underweight and has some medical issues. So when she last minute opted for epidural, the gynae who took over gave her epi but dosage was actually too high for her medical condition & she ended up vomitting black liquid everytime she pushed. So pitiful.. but at least she managed to gave birth naturally even though labor was long & very intense.

As what i know, the midwife will be the one who handle the delivery.. The gynae will be there to witness the birth, do stitches and attend to any complication including csect.

@shabsrina, i also crave for sweet stuffs... ice cream, jelly, agar agar, chocolates, cold drinks :( maybe bcoz of all the sweet stuffs, my baby grow fatter.. haha

@zeropanda, oh... maybe is not my gynae's usual procedure ba... he just tell me, water bags burst or contraction just go hospital.. Hahaha!

I m going to induce in the evening. Blood pressure high
you just went to the gynae and ask you to admit for induce due to blood pressure high??
are you pre-term??
anyway, jiayou!!!! hope you will have a smooth delivery... update us..

Last edited:
Yay! there r still a few who are due end of Oct. Glad to know Im not alone. Hehe. Btw, I realised i keep craving for sweets lately. My gynae warned me about my sugar level previously and bb weight also quite big.:(
And everytime I feel guilty after eating a sweet, I gulped down lots of plain water. Haha. So guilty. Other than avoiding sweet stuffs even cakes or pastries, mind sharing how else u control ur diet?

i crave sweet things too! in fact I eat chocolate and ice cream everyday. i even need to add milo powder to my fresh milk. i only tried to control the few weeks just before the glucose test, then my gynae asked why i didnt put on any weight in 1 month haha. controlled too well. during that time, whenever i craved chocolate i would eat fruits. stocked up on a lot of fruits and didnt buy any chocs. but now my baby is small so i'm just going crazy with all the chocs. i just hope the weight goes to baby and not my butt!

@verine22 my gynae handled my first delivery. But her clinic was just downstairs so i guess she made it in time? Nurse called her when I was 10cm dilated, I waited for her to arrive, then pushed 3 times and baby was out. I suppose i was also lucky that I delivered "during office hours" so she was around...

@shabsrina,
A lot of things cannot eat... No sweet stuff... totally stop... eat wheat biscuit, skimmed milk/low fat milk, wheat bread, mulit grain bread. No noodles at all. Ban mian, you mian all no no...
I stick to bee hoon, bee tai bak, kueh tiao and brown rice...No tar tar sauce or mayo, no fried food. Limit the amt of rice,meat i eat. I have no choice cos if i dun control. I might need insulin injection.

oh ya,i took lady finger, bitter gourd, guava. good food to lower blood glucose level... But i dun tink u need to come to my diet... I have to do prick test and record blood glucose level before and after meal. Doc want me to do 2 days per week.

Bb grow 300 grams in 5 weeks... but i m left with 4 weeks and i start to eat some forbidden food once a while.. ha ha...

Juz visited gynae today~ baby weighs 3.184kg@38wks4days.
When i ask Dr when will baby b out, he tell me to wait for baby to tell us....

Now is waiting time ......

Haha. Sorry to burst your bubble dear... I give birth in a public hospital for both my babies. And gyne so far only appear at final push and to "cut the ribbon" only. Unless there are complications. The midwife and nursing staff are really more important. They walk you through most part of your pain.

Last edited:
im due on 28 Oct and my gynae is currently in his 2 weeks leave. So sian cause my appointment with him should be this week but postpone till next week. N he keeps going on overseas leave also. Haiyah.. so many times appointments had to be postponed. U mean ur gynae will be on leave during ur due date?

I m due on 26 gyne back on 19. So in between I hv another gyne to cover my gyne. Cos this is my 3rd pregnancy there is a chance I might deliver early. Lets just see whether my bb can wait lor. Hehe. But gyne quite confident I think. Cos last 2 pregnancies no history of early delivery.

Haha. Sorry to burst your bubble dear... I give birth in a public hospital for both my babies. And gyne so far only appear to "cut the ribbon" only. Unless there are complications. The midwife and nursing staff are really more important. They walk you through most part of your pain.

Is it? I guess yeah la, everyone have different experience. All gynae have diff methods also.
For my #1 my gynae was with me from beginning 3cm dilation on and off she will come in to check on me cos within same hospital. I gave birth slightly before midnight. I thot not bad lah at least she's here when I need and have questions. Of cos midwife and nursing staff important.
I guess also depending who's the gynae?

Assisted with forceps due to baby face turn up & I have difficulties on pushing her out after tried for half an hour. Doc worried I might not have energy to push anymore so advised using forceps.

So far service quite good..the moment we step in hospital, cust service at front desk guide us to labour ward & nurses start to arrange all necessities. Food quite big portion for dad & mom.. Facilities wise definitely is good & high class. Even my friend said like hotel stay.. Haha! So far as for now is quite comfortable & enjoyable during my stay.. :) final feedback I will update u when I discharged ya!

View attachment 387032
View attachment 387033

This is the labour ward where u will enjoy your labour moments.. :)
Please share more experience with ME. Need to bring own pyjamas? And what ME will provide when discharged?

@kelly choo
@leoclub

Sorry for the delayed of updating my stay at Mt E Novena. This few days was really a busy day for me to "settle" my breast. Luckily I got my MIL to take care of my #1 & my newborn baby.

Hospital provided all the necessities so I think mummies don't need to bring much things over unless u prefer yr own pyjamas. The only thing I need to feedback is they are not well coordinate if compare with Mt A. Maybe also due to they are quite new in maternity as they only started this service this year March. During discharged, it takes more than 1 hours plus to settle the bill. But mummy & baby still can rest in ward. Only dad go to level 1 to settle bill. Oh ya! For those mummies who will be stay at Mt E Novena, do remind them to do massage for u which is included..I was totally forgotten about it until when we left, there's a nurse came over & asked if I have done my massage. As we have prepared to leave, so I just give it a missed. Wasted ler.. As I have been hoping since day 1. :-(

Hmmp.. Any others thing that you all would like to know? I can explain more.. Feel free to ask me.. :)

This are the items given by Mt E, Novena.

The 1st pic is the diaper bag only.

ImageUploadedByForum1411568425.509867.jpg
ImageUploadedByForum1411568441.375998.jpg
ImageUploadedByForum1411568451.525701.jpg
ImageUploadedByForum1411568461.192952.jpg

Hope everything is well and organized for u now.

Seems that most hospital don't provide bb bath tub, I better go get mine soon. The massage is provided daily? Can I also asked how much u paid for stay? Urs is natural + epi?

Is it? I guess yeah la, everyone have different experience. All gynae have diff methods also.
For my #1 my gynae was with me from beginning 3cm dilation on and off she will come in to check on me cos within same hospital. I gave birth slightly before midnight. I thot not bad lah at least she's here when I need and have questions. Of cos midwife and nursing staff important.
I guess also depending who's the gynae?
Actually come to think of it, my #1 gyne was on leave when I delivered but in town. N I was taking a long time to dilate. #2 gyne was next door sewing up when I was already at 8cm. Haha.

@angel_loi, how's your engorgement? Better?

Thanks for sharing. U mean hospi provide front button pj or its those back tie hospi gown? Also what massage is that? During hospi tour they nvr tell me leh.

U use their assigned Pd?

Can share final bill? If its too sensitive to post here pls pm me can? Thanks!!!

Seems that most hospital don't provide bb bath tub, I better go get mine soon. The massage is provided daily? Can I also asked how much u paid for stay? Urs is natural + epi?

Ya, no bath tub provided as Mt A. I think the massage is daily if I'm not wrong. I will update u once I got my final bill as for now, there's only estimate bill.

Curious to know has anyone inhibit labour before?

As I'm under medication and all but discharged to go home and stay in bed. Hoping to delay my labour till 37 weeks. The nurse jab me on my butt to mature baby's lung just in case baby decided to come out before 36 weeks. My butt still aches man!

@angel_loi, how's your engorgement? Better?

Thanks for sharing. U mean hospi provide front button pj or its those back tie hospi gown? Also what massage is that? During hospi tour they nvr tell me leh.

U use their assigned Pd?

Can share final bill? If its too sensitive to post here pls pm me can? Thanks!!!

During my maternity tour, I saw there's a front button PJ (hotel types) but when during my stay, I didn't see it in my wardrobe. Anyway I prefer mine so I didn't ask for it. I guess u can ask for it. No additional charges. Actually I can't rmb what's the massage but I know that's ard 15-30mins massage. (Must rmb to ask for it & update me ya! )

I don't use their assigned PD. Actually the PD is recommend by my gynae but this time round I would prefer to give it a try at polyclinic for normal injection since it's free. If any other issues, then I will look for PD.

Ya, I will update u the final bill too.

Curious to know has anyone inhibit labour before?

As I'm under medication and all but discharged to go home and stay in bed. Hoping to delay my labour till 37 weeks. The nurse jab me on my butt to mature baby's lung just in case baby decided to come out before 36 weeks. My butt still aches man!

I don't know if you consider my treatment as inhibiting labour. I had false alarm from 24wks n has been on this pill to reduce contractions since. Recently I cut down my intake because nearing edd but gyne advised me to go back on it cos bb is still moving v strongly n I feel a lot of downward pressure. Gyne prefers that I deliver after 37 weeks. Baby will b more matured then.

No jabs given yet

I don't know if you consider my treatment as inhibiting labour. I had false alarm from 24wks n has been on this pill to reduce contractions since. Recently I cut down my intake because nearing edd but gyne advised me to go back on it cos bb is still moving v strongly n I feel a lot of downward pressure. Gyne prefers that I deliver after 37 weeks. Baby will b more matured then.

No jabs given yet

Yeah I think it's still considered inhibit. I hope yours can wait till 37 like mine too. My one more serious I guess. My gynae say this time my uterus seems more sensitive for some reason. And I'm hving a high white blood cell count. So may hv infection so they sent in my urine for culturing. Results still not out. Zzzz

Kelly mt alvenia provide the bath tub. I am using it now :)) no need to buy.

@verine22

Can read this article.
http://www.babycentre.co.uk/a1044907/fetal-distress

Count fetal movement. At least 10 times a day as advised by gyne.

Also when you visit gyne should have chkd heart beat and fluid levels. But if no complications throughout pregnancy so far not likely foetus will be in distress.

Anyway our follow-ups will be getting more and more frequent already. So no worries. If anything, gyne will be able to identify on time. Just remember to count fetal movement.

Yeah I think it's still considered inhibit. I hope yours can wait till 37 like mine too. My one more serious I guess. My gynae say this time my uterus seems more sensitive for some reason. And I'm hving a high white blood cell count. So may hv infection so they sent in my urine for culturing. Results still not out. Zzzz

Don't worry. If there is infection they will give antibiotic treatment to bb post delivery... According to my gyne. I just did my swap test on Monday. Results also not out. Hopefully no infection.

Doctor ask u to rest just rest. For me I find it helps to reduce my activity. When on bed rest I just literally stay in bed, and sleep. Minimize movement to just going to toilet and meals. If watching tv and messaging gives you stress, cut that also. I read happy novels and watched happy shows.

Are you already on leave? Or still working? Can ask gyne to give you hospitalization leave.

Don't worry. If there is infection they will give antibiotic treatment to bb post delivery... According to my gyne. I just did my swap test on Monday. Results also not out. Hopefully no infection.

Doctor ask u to rest just rest. For me I find it helps to reduce my activity. When on bed rest I just literally stay in bed, and sleep. Minimize movement to just going to toilet and meals. If watching tv and messaging gives you stress, cut that also. I read happy novels and watched happy shows.

Are you already on leave? Or still working? Can ask gyne to give you hospitalization leave.

Now on hospitalisation leave. Gynae say will probly give me mc till I deliver baby. Now alr take antibiotics. I every 3 hours have to take medication to relax uterus. 0.0

Now on hospitalisation leave. Gynae say will probly give me mc till I deliver baby. Now alr take antibiotics. I every 3 hours have to take medication to relax uterus. 0.0

Gyne give just take. Don't think so much. Just relax. Think too much and stress also cause uterus to contract. Jia you!

Gyne give just take. Don't think so much. Just relax. Think too much and stress also cause uterus to contract. Jia you!

Yeah. Just tiring. Make wake up take. Haha. Now having headache. Yeah I will go relax. Thanks popie :))

@shabsrina,
A lot of things cannot eat... No sweet stuff... totally stop... eat wheat biscuit, skimmed milk/low fat milk, wheat bread, mulit grain bread. No noodles at all. Ban mian, you mian all no no...
I stick to bee hoon, bee tai bak, kueh tiao and brown rice...No tar tar sauce or mayo, no fried food. Limit the amt of rice,meat i eat. I have no choice cos if i dun control. I might need insulin injection.

oh ya,i took lady finger, bitter gourd, guava. good food to lower blood glucose level... But i dun tink u need to come to my diet... I have to do prick test and record blood glucose level before and after meal. Doc want me to do 2 days per week.

Bb grow 300 grams in 5 weeks... but i m left with 4 weeks and i start to eat some forbidden food once a while.. ha ha...

Oh wow..such a strict diet! salute u for being able to follow ur diet properly. Afterall, we just want the best for our little ones. 300grams in 5 weeks is not too bad i guess..
my bb gained 250grams in just 2 weeks, between week 31 to week 33 of my pregnancy. And in fact I lost 1kg within that 2 weeks.
But my gynae confidently said that bb's taking up my hubby's genes. Ha Ha! Pity my hubs.
Cause he's tall and slightly plump for his height and when gynae asked hubs on his birth weight (3.9kg), gynae said it proves that fact even more:p. So bad hor.
But lucky we're cool with those remarks. ;)

Congrats @lala!!!!! ya.. heng you induce..Rest well.

Frankly cord around neck cannot be detected during routine checkup?

Actually cord around the neck can only be detected through the Doppler ultrasound. However just the cord simply being around the neck doesn't cause fetal distress. If u think about it the baby does not breathe in our womb, it gets it's oxygen from the placenta so the cord won't b choking or suffocating the baby since it's not breathing through it's lungs. In fact 3 out of 10 babies are born with cord around the neck. It's only an issue if the cord is being pressed tightly by the baby which reduces oxygen flow. Can read this article: http://midwifethinking.com/2010/07/29/nuchal-cords/

My little girl has landed !! She is only 2.1 kg.
Luckily made the decision to induce as she had cord round her neck .
Congrats Lala! At least she is above 2kg so that's gd! Don't think the reason is due to the cord round the neck (see my reply above) but due to your existing high blood pressure. Relax n enjoy motherhood! :)

Yah I was told cord ard the neck cannot be detected by normal scan.

Mine causes fetal distress becos it was tightened her neck each contraction, which leads to low o2.But as per what u mentioned ,if not tighten then ok.

Ya, no bath tub provided as Mt A. I think the massage is daily if I'm not wrong. I will update u once I got my final bill as for now, there's only estimate bill.
No bath tub at Mt A?? New rules?? But i got the paper it says got free bath tub wor..

Actually cord around the neck can only be detected through the Doppler ultrasound. However just the cord simply being around the neck doesn't cause fetal distress. If u think about it the baby does not breathe in our womb, it gets it's oxygen from the placenta so the cord won't b choking or suffocating the baby since it's not breathing through it's lungs. In fact 3 out of 10 babies are born with cord around the neck. It's only an issue if the cord is being pressed tightly by the baby which reduces oxygen flow. Can read this article: http://midwifethinking.com/2010/07/29/nuchal-cords/

thanks for sharing. Guess its hard to tell if the cord is pressed tightly then and we can only pray for a safe delivery.

Congrats @lala!!!!! ya.. heng you induce..Rest well.

Frankly cord around neck cannot be detected during routine checkup?

Can! My #1 & #2 were both found cord round neck during week 35-37 routine check up normal scan. Dr still show me the color difference on the 2d ultrasound scan.

Ask u ladies, u think I can still take the risk to go jb in my 35th week? heheh. So far baby's doing fine.
Cause there's this clinic in JB, does 3d/4d scan pictures and also video of the scan, costing only at RM100.
So cheap compared to doing it in SG. so many gd reviews on the clinic also!
Yah... im cheapskate lah ok i admit. hehe :p

Back