(2014/10) Oct 2014 Mummies

@Tiffanytei if whole coconut with husk and all. I think your best bet is wet market :)
@beac

yes, we searched at our place wet market fruit stall, the seller said 'sold out'...wah so many ppl buying coconut water r...:)
will continue to search at other wet market this weekend...
actually somewhere in this forum, there's post of cocomax (bottled coconut water), claimed to be 100% pure but to me i still think it is not 100% coz poured out from it's original form and stored in bottle....what i 1 is the coconut water from the coconut with husk shell/skin...:)
last time when i gave birth my #2 (8 yrs ago), this original coconut can be easily avail at Kopitiam food court $2.5-$3 per pc...but now no more le...

@beac, can you also find out if you are to stay an extra day for whatever reason, what is the charges like? Usually for natural is 3D2N lah.

@angel_loi, my edd end oct. during the maternity tour, i forgot to ask about the extra day of charges? do you know if they go by hour or by per day?
i'vent decide on hospi yet but most likely is Mt E Nov lah. From my memory, it seems Mt E Nov is cheaper than TMC for 1 bedder with companion charge added in, true?
When is your EDD again? you shd be earlier than me if i remb correctly.

I was dilated only like 3cm so I guess they put me at the waiting area. It's in a corner of the delivery ward there. Wah 16 hours! I took I think... 11 hours? From waiting area to delivery.

Later I'm gg for the maternity tour at mt Alvernia! I will see if they say anything on the charges for the delivery ward/waiting area.

Ya, I heard is Mt A charged after > 7 hours in delivery ward & $20 per half an hour. I think u better check with them & update us too.. Hehe! At least I can inform my other friends although I have choose Mt E Novena.

@leoclub

My EDD is 2 Oct but my gynae said I will be delivered somewhere ard mid to 3rd weeks of sep meaning around 38 weeks. So excited.. Only left 3 weeks for me!

If I'm not wrong, any additional day of stay they charged another 1 more night. Checkout time is 11am not 12pm. But they still allowed some allowance time as long as not over 12pm. All the rooms there is 1 bedder & husband is allowed to stay overnight at the sofa bed provided. During stay, mom enjoyed confinement meals while dad can choose western, Chinese, Indian or halal meal for 3 meals per day. All included in the package. The most I like of this hospital is not crowded & feel luxurious of their single room. :)

For those mummies looking to buy coconut, u can get it easily at wet market or Pasar malam. I'm planning to start consumed on next week too.

Is it ok to drink/eat coconut? I love to drink thai young coconut but they say cant take too much,also watermerlon! Haizzzzz

@leoclub

My EDD is 2 Oct but my gynae said I will be delivered somewhere ard mid to 3rd weeks of sep meaning around 38 weeks. So excited.. Only left 3 weeks for me!

If I'm not wrong, any additional day of stay they charged another 1 more night. Checkout time is 11am not 12pm. But they still allowed some allowance time as long as not over 12pm. All the rooms there is 1 bedder & husband is allowed to stay overnight at the sofa bed provided. During stay, mom enjoyed confinement meals while dad can choose western, Chinese, Indian or halal meal for 3 meals per day. All included in the package. The most I like of this hospital is not crowded & feel luxurious of their single room. :)

Oo.. you are almost a month earlier than me. Share your exp of the hospital with me k. Ya.. i like it also as the occupancy rate is not high so hopefully can get more attention. But duno if they are shorthanded.
But i heard the confinement meals there cannot choose one leh.. everyday the same. Thats boring.

Ladies,
Is there any difference between those square based coconut and those round base coconut?
Cant get those round small base coconut at the supermarket nearby.Can only get those big square base coconut...

@kitty

yes, my diabetes went away once #2 pop out....my gynae said due to this, this round #3 pregnancies hv to do GTT (this wk), so i dare not take red bean soup n ice cream (both r my fav and craving)....my gynae oso said when i grow older, my possibility of diabetic is high coz i hv records during my pregnancy :(

wah ur diet looked healthy leh...:)

for me, breakfast: i everyday take pregnancy milk powder + [whole meal bread (peanut butter, butter and kaya or slice cheese) OR econ noodles with fully fried egg]
lunch: mix rice (spinach, tofu, chicken/pork) OR mee hoon kuey OR yong tau foo OR mee soto OR chic rice
dinner: porridge with spinach, tofu, chicken/pork and egg OR Subway OR fast food OR zhi char (yee mee or fried rice)
but recently dunno y, i dun hv any idea for dinner leh...m hungry but dunno eat what...probably need to take some soupy food...

do u know where to get coconut water?...very difficult to find leh...most supermarkets or food court sells de is the Thai fragrance coconut (with preservative)...m looking for 1 whole coconut with skin de....u know where?

@ Tiffany,
My gynae also told me the same thing.Next time i have higher chances to get diabetes as i have them during my pregnancy. My pregnancy milk powder is anmum chocolate. Dietician ask me to stop cos sweet. I didnt touch it since now... I am force to stick to light diet cos of the high glucose level... Else my diet is very unhealthy one.

Ur diet is consider healthy already.
I also looking for coconut... The one i found is sealed and the name it nata de coco.. seems to be Jelly not coconut. U looking for those that sold at coffeeshop or east coast park. green color type is it? My side supermarket sell 1 type coconut.should be peel from those green big coconut. square based one...

I went for maternity tour at Mt E novena too. Yes, after >12 hours, they charged ard $26 per hour if I'm not wrong. I heard Mt A charged $20 every half an hour? Is that true? I can't remember the charges during my # 1 at Mt. A
@ Angel,
I didnt ask why not to take red meat... I just follow their instruction since its my 1st child. But i was wrong not to ask question...
End up my BB grow almost 1 kg in 3 weeks.. and i lost 2 kg... bb from normal size become slightly big:( BB is now 2.3kg @ week 31...

Hi to All the Mums here...n esp to Kitty_Kitty and Tiffanytei:)

During my free time, I browse and read threads of interest esp in this section. I am not expecting yet I had once, 10years ago experienced pregnancy w GD and was on a very controlled diet.

I am writing now to share on the coconut water that is purely 100% of its natural juice w some pulp and absolutely no sugar nor preservatives called, Wong Coco.

I thought you mummies would be keen for an alternative in a can, since the specific fresh ones may be hard to find.

Wong Coco is sold in selected NTUCs, yet easily found in Sheng Siong and CK Store, esp the outlet at Chinatown which is where my hb and I usually get our supplies from.

I hope this info has been really useful :)

Attachments

• 1409049094020.jpg
    1409049094020.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 197
@ Verine22,
Ya lor.They gave a standard meal plan for all at a start.When I go back to review, dietician say I lost weight, must eat more.

Doc scan BB then tell me dun follow their portion and stop going to see dietician and all these day care people.Let him monitor and guide me.

Tink bb absorb the nutrients ba.Then the portion in the diet plan is too much for me...

The coconut I found at nearby supermarket look like this.Dunno is this type that we talking about.square base.the round round type is like coconut jelly...

Attachments

• 1409052104128.jpg
    1409052104128.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 236
For the delivery ward at Mt A, when i go for the tour, was only told charges start from midnight at per day charge. Lets say if u admit 2359, will be charged 1 day.

@kitty, yea yea.. losing too much weight also not good.. better listen yo gynae..

@lervia, ntuc also square base one?? Actually seeing what you say, what is the difference from square and round??

Emm.. the ntuc at jp got square n round. Square is with the white husk. That is young coconut. Round is just the inside. I think is old coconut?

@silentlove @verine22
Went checkup today at sengkang - dr adrian. Overheard the receptionist told a mummy to pay $856 first for hospital. So was wondering why need to pay? My friend had natural birth this yr april under dr adrian, never ask to pay that.

Currently, wk33 bb head is below, weighing 1700g plus :)

yup the receptionist told me to pay as well. i went to see him today as well cause i have brown discharge. currently I'm 35 weeks. baby 2.5kg.

@purple luv, i also not sure leh.. i have not been ask to pay yet.. will be visiting next sat, see if im will be ask to pay anot..
Also, i purposely ask him last week during my visit if i need to test diabetes, he say no need wor..

I read somewhere drink green coconut instead of those white young one. As it was injected with sweeteners so.... but green one (big, water not very tasty) hard to find leh... btw both ntuc sells are young coconuts.

Anyway I also drank the young one, sometimes square sometimes round. Twice a week for my #2 during last few weeks.

Now my discharge came back so don't know can drink a not. Ask my gynae later.

Last edited:
mummies having baby boy, u plan to do circumcised??? I planned to, but i wonder how to handle the wound le.. will get infection easily etc???

Circumcise... ermmm... I got no boy. But this issue was on my hubby. He got tight and thick fore skin so if we after some time no sex then after sex he'll be in pain for 1-2weeks. So I guess we'll do it for our boy if we have 1.

Anyway, Mummies, any of your hubby did circumcision as an adult? Need more info, hubby thought of going through the procedure. Any advice?

Verine , really contradicting, actually I feel heaty as my lips always crack. Although i drank lots of water.but still discharge came back these few days with some itch inside. Really got to consult Dr. (Going for chk up in awhile)

Anyone here get woken up by bb's kicks at night? My bb very active lately... Kicking day and night.. Sometimes I can't really concentrate on the things I'm doing as his kicks are really quite distracting...

The coconut I found at nearby supermarket look like this.Dunno is this type that we talking about.square base.the round round type is like coconut jelly...
@kitty

yeah, i think the square 1 is better....d round 1 is those Thai fragrant coconut....i will get the square 1 from ntuc later...:)
thanks...

Circumcise... ermmm... I got no boy. But this issue was on my hubby. He got tight and thick fore skin so if we after some time no sex then after sex he'll be in pain for 1-2weeks. So I guess we'll do it for our boy if we have 1.

Anyway, Mummies, any of your hubby did circumcision as an adult? Need more info, hubby thought of going through the procedure. Any advice?
@agaga

my #1 boy had been circumcised due to his fore skin too long...everytime when he 1 2 urine, if tahan then his private part will be like swollen, so we scheduled him for the operation...it's a day operation...he was abt 5 yrs then..very brave boy :)
since he was young, so the recovery is very fast....abt 1 wk...
for adult, not sure leh...heard that need 2 wks MC?...

Icic.. i planned to do so straight after the birth, but they will urine in their diaper which i scared he will get infection or etc..
My dad went for circumcised 20years back... a week mc.. a week have to wear sarong lor.. haha..

yea my hubby did as an adult. i think he said because of NS requirements? I'm not sure what's the procedure like but I can ask him. I recall he said under LA not GA.

I hardly slept last night coz baby was kicking and moving all over the place! When I slept on my left, he would kick towards the bed on the left, same as when I slept on the right. Could only sleep on my back, but even then only for a while. When I'm awake in the day I dont mind all the movements, find it amusing. but at night OMG please stop and sleep.

I did circumcision for my no.1 on the 2nd day he was born. Recovery was good cos he is still young, don't feel pain or crying, all he do is sleep & eat and after 5-7 days the cap will drop off. As for the cleaning, just splash water on it when bathing, dry it then used the medication given.

Will be doing for my no.2 this round too.

Last edited:
@agaga
If felt itchy inside, discharge hv smell and cloudy then may be yeast infection. I've it when I had my no.1 which made me worried that the newborn may get infection.

Just went routine chk LO @ 2.5kg 35wks

Next appt 2wks later @37wks
So my gynae weekly shld starts 37wks onwards

Got yellow discharge, some itch, some pain, some smell. But Dr. said so long urine no pain still okay, no prob. Anyway got another virginal insert. Hopefully can tahan till birth no more discharge.

Hubby thought of the every morning erect will be so painful for the 1-2weeks after circumcise turns him off.

i nvr circumcised for my no. 1. PD said no need but of cos its an individual choice. Just have to practice good hygiene lor.

@agaga, i got itch at the external area sometimes back. so went pharmacy to buy canesten cream to apply outside. so far it works. you might want to try. But if its internal, they have an insert but not advisable to use the applicator and they will ask u to inform gynae.

@zeropanda, so its easy to handle? Coz the area got operation wounds, will he pain during pee or will easily get infection mah? And the gynae will do the cirumcision???

@lervia, okie.. think i just buy which ever is convenient ba..

My #1 nv circumcise. Everyone here circumcise their baby boy? haha. I never leh. My MIL did wanted my hubby and I to arrange it but we thot it not necessary.

My baby forever kicking me leh, always wake me up.. Last night kana woken up by HEARBURN!! So angry, i didnt manage to get enough sleep. :mad:

oh yeah, im supposed to get back to you all on the delivery tour for Mt Alvernia.
So, for delivery prices you can refer to their website here:
https://www.mtalvernia-hospital.org/maternity-packages/

For the delivery ward its per day (12AM-11:59PM) cost - $400 range. (exact price I check for you later, as I'm in the office HAHA)
So if you're placed in the observation ward, i think it doesnt matter? If im correct ah :oops:.

Hope this helps.

i'm seeing Dr adrain at sk at week 35 #2 baby. can't sleep well at nite. feel sleepy during daytime., having stomach and leg cramps too.

I think i have slight fever, slight running nose and sore throat.. :( such a bad timing... mummies the weather is changing, do take care..

Back