(2014/10) Oct 2014 Mummies

Hi everyone here, Im new to this forum. Have been reading threads n picking up great and helpful info regarding pregnancy. Its my first and my EDD is 28/10/14.
Can add me in facebook private page? Thanks!
My email [email protected]

I everyday wear liner. Yeah will have discharge. Sometimes wet sometimes slightly yellow and thick. really depends I guess. Haha. I think it's quite normal. But maybe if very smelly must tell gynae!

Hi ladies, I'm new here. Currently 29 weeks (EDD is 30 Oct) and it's my 3rd pregnancy.
#1 is 5 yr old boy, #2 is 3 yr old girl, and this baby is another princess.

Will be delivering in Mt A, just like my previous 2 deliveries. But am still thinking should we go for single room now since my hubby needs to be home with our 2 kids, plus the maternity package seems more expensive than when I delivered 3 yrs ago. The price difference for single room and 2 bedded is $1k! That's quite a lot right?

Been feeling dizzy lately esp yesterday. Googled it and it seems normal esp at 3rd trimester, since baby is bigger and maybe pressing on our veins. Anyone feel the same?

Hihi welcome. I'm also ard 30th oct if you count by weeks. But may deliver earlier, cos I think this baby getting big faster than my #1. I'm also gg to Mt Alv! :)

If giddy, must becareful!! It happens to me on super hot days!!

Is it normal to feel breathless easily during 3rd trimester? I feel breathless every night while trying to sleep and while seated down..

@hpng88
Im in my third trimester too and feeling breathless easily too. I guess its norm.(according to my frens tat goes thru pregnancy) Everynite i have prob trying to slp n feeling breathless even when lying down or seating.. i think we just have to hang in there till we pop.

@hpng88
Im in my third trimester too and feeling breathless easily too. I guess its norm.(according to my frens tat goes thru pregnancy) Everynite i have prob trying to slp n feeling breathless even when lying down or seating.. i think we just have to hang in there till we pop.

Yeah I agree. I think it's common. As I lay down i get breathless. I get more heartburn than breathlessness though.

I don't feel breathless but feel getting more tired easily.. Reduce fried food & spicy food that may cause heartburn.

I dunno if what I'm experiencing is considered as heartburn. I have hard times burping and every time I do burp, it's those gassy/acidic kinda burp. Like food cannot digest properly then the smell of the burp also smells like the food I ate earlier. Anyone have the same thing?

[QUOTE="beac, point: 7362118, member: 108923"hospital inte. I'm also ard 30th oct if you count by weeks. But may deliver earlier, cos I think this baby getting big faster than my #1. I'm also gg to Mt Alv! :)

If giddy, must becareful!! It happens to me on super hot days!![/QUOTE]

I may see you Mt A! Haha..

Anyone going for hospital tour? Although delivered there twice but still like to go visit again.. Haha..

For those feeling heartburn or indigestion, try to take Enzyplex. Can be found in any pharmacy or NTUC. Just 1 or 2 capsule, can really relieve it. No issue on taking this.

Just curious is anyone not engaging CL for your confinement?
We have no helper and also no parents/in laws to help out, with 2 older kids, but yet worried get a bad CL like my 1st experience. We DIY 2nd time, manageable though tiring. This time round thought of getting 1 in the beginning, but now maybe want to DIY again.

For those feeling heartburn or indigestion, try to take Enzyplex. Can be found in any pharmacy or NTUC. Just 1 or 2 capsule, can really relieve it. No issue on taking this.

Just curious is anyone not engaging CL for your confinement?
We have no helper and also no parents/in laws to help out, with 2 older kids, but yet worried get a bad CL like my 1st experience. We DIY 2nd time, manageable though tiring. This time round thought of getting 1 in the beginning, but now maybe want to DIY again.

wah i cannot imagine having to handle my #1 and new baby all by myself. really respect. I'm engaging a CL again this time even though first time was not that good (just not the same CL). I personally think i will need an extra pair of hands or eyes to watch baby if I need to tend to #1, e.g. bathe her, fetch her from school etc. But this time I used agency so if really buay tahan I will request to change CL. Anyway this time round I think I'll be more confident of what to do so I won't suka suka listen to bad advice from CL and regret later heheh. I'm quite a pushover so must remember to stand firm.

will your hubby be at the birth?? I cannot rely on parents to take care of #1, and MIL works so I havent figured out how to settle #1 when I go into labour. May I ask what did you do when your #2 was born?

[QUOTE="beac, point: 7362118, member: 108923"hospital inte. I'm also ard 30th oct if you count by weeks. But may deliver earlier, cos I think this baby getting big faster than my #1. I'm also gg to Mt Alv! :)

I may see you Mt A! Haha..

Anyone going for hospital tour? Although delivered there twice but still like to go visit again.. Haha..[/QUOTE]

Haha yeah I'm gg for the your on 26th :)

Hihi welcome. I'm also ard 30th oct if you count by weeks. But may deliver earlier, cos I think this baby getting big faster than my #1. I'm also gg to Mt Alv! :)

My edd 31st oct at Mt A too! Hope to see u all there :)

wah i cannot imagine having to handle my #1 and new baby all by myself. really respect. I'm engaging a CL again this time even though first time was not that good (just not the same CL). I personally think i will need an extra pair of hands or eyes to watch baby if I need to tend to #1, e.g. bathe her, fetch her from school etc. But this time I used agency so if really buay tahan I will request to change CL. Anyway this time round I think I'll be more confident of what to do so I won't suka suka listen to bad advice from CL and regret later heheh. I'm quite a pushover so must remember to stand firm.

will your hubby be at the birth?? I cannot rely on parents to take care of #1, and MIL works so I havent figured out how to settle #1 when I go into labour. May I ask what did you do when your #2 was born?

Which agency r u using? I did consider agency too, same reason that can change if buay tahan.

Yup, my hubby went in with me for both deliveries. My mum helps to take care of my #1 when I went to hospital to deliver. She's also working, but took leave for 1–2 days. Ask your hubby to ask your MIL to help out when u need to go deliver. Only 1-2 days. Cannot go into delivery alone lah. How to take it babe. U need the support.

My hubby took over #1 during my confinement period. But my son was in childcare that time. So he will shower son, send him and fetch him, shower baby, bring #1 out and play with him.
We ordered confinement food for tingkat dinner for that 1 month.

Now #1 in 3.5 hr kindergarten, so we have to come out with a solution on fetching him at noon when I'm having confinement.

Last edited:
Anyone planning to have natural childbirth without epidural?

I went for my first yoga class and the teacher mentioned she knows of people whom gave birth painlessly... And one angmo in the class who is having her 3rd baby also said that it is possible and u just have to distract your mind from the pain...

While in my 1st trimester, I've also read about it from a book written by Ina May that childbirth pain is manageable..

Anyone tried giving birth without epidural b4?

I went for my first yoga class and the teacher mentioned she knows of people whom gave birth painlessly... And one angmo in the class who is having her 3rd baby also said that it is possible and u just have to distract your mind from the pain...

While in my 1st trimester, I've also read about it from a book written by Ina May that childbirth pain is manageable..

My sis who gave birth in July did it. I'm planning to do the same for my #2. My #1 I did epidural. :)

Which agency r u using? I did consider agency too, same reason that can change if buay tahan.

Yup, my hubby went in with me for both deliveries. My mum helps to take care of my #1 when I went to hospital to deliver. She's also working, but took leave for 1–2 days. Ask your hubby to ask your MIL to help out when u need to go deliver. Only 1-2 days. Cannot go into delivery alone lah. How to take it babe. U need the support.

My hubby took over #1 during my confinement period. But my son was in childcare that time. So he will shower son, send him and fetch him, shower baby, bring #1 out and play with him.
We ordered confinement food for tingkat dinner for that 1 month.

Now #1 in 3.5 hr kindergarten, so we have to come out with a solution on fetching him at noon when I'm having confinement.

I'm using PEM. They have mixed reviews, but better than nothing. I just need to pray for no conflict during confinement.

So your mum took urgent leave that time? I dunno how to ask MIL to do that when she's always so reluctant to take leave, what's more urgent leave coz we won't know when I will deliver. But ya i don't think i can deliver by myself, esp when i intend to try without epi this time o_O maybe i should pray I deliver on a weekend then MIL wont need to take leave...

does your #1's kindy have school bus? I intend to let my #1 take school bus soon so I'll just need to go down to fetch her from the bus. No need to fetch her from school...

I'm using PEM too,hope it's good. Heard from SIL,The friends using All gd. But hers no gd. I'll not ask my MIL to help even she's not wkg. Still own mummy best! So my mummy & CL will help me. Cos this is my #1.

I'm using PEM. They have mixed reviews, but better than nothing. I just need to pray for no conflict during confinement.

So your mum took urgent leave that time? I dunno how to ask MIL to do that when she's always so reluctant to take leave, what's more urgent leave coz we won't know when I will deliver. But ya i don't think i can deliver by myself, esp when i intend to try without epi this time o_O maybe i should pray I deliver on a weekend then MIL wont need to take leave...

does your #1's kindy have school bus? I intend to let my #1 take school bus soon so I'll just need to go down to fetch her from the bus. No need to fetch her from school...

Yup my mum took UL when I need to deliver. 2 days I think.
Ask your hubby to tell her mah. It's his mother leh.

My son's kindy don't have school bus and plus it's only 1 traffic light away from my place. But my EDD is very close to the school holiday, so gotta pray that baby don't come too early, so only need 2 weeks of sending and fetching and my hubby can do so for 1st 2 weeks as he intends to take leave to help out.

How you ladies so brave, can decide to go without epidural? I'm scare of the epidural injection but I'm more scare of the contraction pain, tearing pain and sewing pain... | *__*"|

hi all, I m new here n this is my first child. my edd is @ 28 Oct .
nervous + exciting . I also facing having yellow discharge since first trimester. I try to change pantiliner 2-3 times a day to avoide any itchiness. I feel relieve that lot of Oct mummies having same symptoms. hehe .

Last edited:
My sis who gave birth in July did it. I'm planning to do the same for my #2. My #1 I did epidural. :)

Hi! Back after long break. Busy sorting logistic ready for bb. Haha.

Anyway I had my #1 with epidural and #2 without. #2 came too fast. From admission to delivery slightly over an hour.

I think it helped that my dilation for #2 was much quicker, and I didn't feel much pain until I was at least 6cm dilated. Could still talk and joke. Didn't even realize i was that dilated. Actually i was scared to go without epidural but since dilation so quick and seem to still be able to behave quite normally so i decided to try without. The pain I experienced was not quite the type you see in movies and drama; screaming, squealing, wailing. Not so scary. It is not sharp pain. I would describe it as intense and extremely uncomfortable.

My experience with #1 was quite different though. My dilation was very slow. Was in labour for more than 12hours. And bb position was awkward. Gyne told me i needed to push harder cos her head was facing side ways. After 4 hours all hooked up, not being able to eat and not really able to move much to keep myself comfortable, I made a decision to take epidural to relax and rest until dilation was adequate for pushing. Cos I really didn't want to deliver under GA if they ever needed emergency c-sect. I want to rcv my baby! But if under epi also another experience. Cos u will not feel v much and u need to be hooked up with urine catheter. More things to chk after delivery.

My Conclusion:
Every pregnancy is different. You really need to talk to your gyne to find out more and work closely with your gyne so you develop a good birth plan. And you know yourself. If you think you cannot then cannot. Don't force yourself just because of what people say. Do what you think is best, of course taking into consideration professional advise. With my 3rd bb now, I still haven't decided what to do. Will see what happens when I go into labour for real I guess. :)

All the best ladies (and to myself!)

@littlepeanut
i had given birth to 2 baby last 8-9 years, natural without epi...now with 3rd bb, hope to do the same too...
the labor pain is just a while only.....just bear with it and it will over in short time....
this actually makes me more appreciate and sayang my mum, coz finally i can feel what she felt when giving to me..:)

@MummyNancy , heard about Sccb may not accept all cord blood too. But does that means it is not 'perfect' therefore they reject. If it's not perfect and we r banking it also defeat the purpose right?

I'm not too sure also actually. I din bank nor donate for my previous 2. Only recently then decide to donate for #3 after reading many stories on how own cord blood can't save own life.

If you got extra $, can store in private bank, take this as a insurance or a chance which the sales ppl always says. For a pc of mind.
@agaga, i talked to my friend who works in the medical industry. she said that is not because the cordblood is "spoilt" or cannot be used. she said is because people are buying cordblood from Sccb, hence, they have a very strict requirement such as the number of the stem cell in that bag of cordblood. she mentioned like the higher number of stem cells, the higher chances of recovery. smt like that. so the cord blood needs at least a min amt before sccb can accept it. afterall, people are paying quite a lot for that bag of blood.

like even if u want to donate dont know whether can or not. later they dont accept it then they will throw away. like a waste only.. i guess i keep it. next time touch wood really smt happen still got hope kind. like my baby cannot use it but maybe his siblings can..

Mine is different,after i wewe sometimes drs still a bit of urine coming out,so my panty will get wet and smells stinky hahahahah,so i usually change my panty 2-3 a day.it helps trust me rather than u always wear pantiliners,coz if u used pantiliners all d time ur thing cant breath and actually its not advisable to wear pantiliners all d time coz most of my friends complain dr thing is smelly.i experienced that before also,drs a yeast infection in my thing coz everyday i used pantiliners even m just n d house.so my advice to u verine if ur n d house better change ur panty 2-3x a day. Hope ds will help u
not good to use pantiliner ?! i tot will be cleaner ? :(

I'm having back flow of acid from my stomach into my throat.. Feels a burning sensation in my throat sometimes...

maybe u try sleeping on your left at night? cause i attended this prenatal workshop. the doctor said that sleeping on the left can help to reduce the tendency of acid flowing backwards. i only feel acid flowing backward when i am too hungry or eat too much.

not good to use pantiliner ?! i tot will be cleaner ? :(
Yes its not good,my doctor advise me not to use it everyday,if ur n d house just change ur panty 2-3x a day. Better dnt use it everyday also. Had bad experience using too much pantiliners.also my friends.as wht doctor say sometimes we better let our thing breath coz ones it covers by pantiliners everday we cud have yeast infection inside which lead to discharge and smelly

Yes its not good,my doctor advise me not to use it everyday,if ur n d house just change ur panty 2-3x a day. Better dnt use it everyday also. Had bad experience using too much pantiliners.also my friends.as wht doctor say sometimes we better let our thing breath coz ones it covers by pantiliners everday we cud have yeast infection inside which lead to discharge and smelly

oh my goddd. maybe i should cut down on the usage! thanks for sharing ! :) cause my sis is using it quite frequently and she insisted me on using cause she said it will cleaner. then i was like okay, so use lo. she used to have urinary tract infection. maybe that is the reason behind it!

Hi MummyNancy, good choice to store with Cordlife. if you need referral you can PM me. :) Stored both my #1 and #2's cord blood with Cordlife.

Hi angel_loi, while i agree that it is worthwhile to put eggs in different baskets, but it would have to be one that is wisely chosen! According to what I know, I have seen this terrible news on SC’s court case in their Indonesia branch, http://news.detik.com/read/2013/08/...ura-terdakwa-dituntut-2-tahun-bui?nd771104bcj, and i just want to share that a reliable company would not let such a thing happen. Translated link is: https://translate.google.com.sg/tra...a-dituntut-2-tahun-bui?nd771104bcj&edit-text=

i was like you, considering to put my eggs into different baskets. but if the basket is not a good one to begin with, it is as good as throwing my chance away.

if you should be storing your baby's cord blood, it is impt to ensure that the company has good track records and so far i have only seen that cordlife has published transplant records, while Stemcord's consultant wasn't able to furnish me with any. it is also impt that the company is financially sound so that you can store your baby's cord blood for a long time, and cordlife is a listed company so they are financially stronger as well i believe.

just my sharing what i know so that mummies can make a better decision. :) do find out more from each company and MOST IMPTLY, read their fine prints! i rem SC promising very high coverage but when i read in detail, it's not true.

oh my goddd. maybe i should cut down on the usage! thanks for sharing ! :) cause my sis is using it quite frequently and she insisted me on using cause she said it will cleaner. then i was like okay, so use lo. she used to have urinary tract infection. maybe that is the reason behind it!
Ur welcome

maybe u try sleeping on your left at night? cause i attended this prenatal workshop. the doctor said that sleeping on the left can help to reduce the tendency of acid flowing backwards. i only feel acid flowing backward when i am too hungry or eat too much.

I didn't feel the acid while sleeping.. It's only after my meals.. I guess I'm lying too comfortably on the sofa and on the sofa I'm lying on my back... Haha...

How much is PEM charging? I did left an enquiry with them but no one revert. Then now we are thinking maybe we can DIY ourselves. Just order confinement food and tingkat dinner.

Anyone managed to do 3rd confinement without CL and parents' help?

not sure whether do they have private FB group for oct baby. but i saw my friend do join this kinda of group and seems so fun when they go out for gathering

Back