(2014/08) August 2014

Weiy
Did u inform your gynae of the pain?
Try soaking the wound (whole bottom on a tub) in salt solution. It'll help wound heal faster but can be quite painful.

I had the same prob last time. Pain for 1M! Sit pain, walk pain. Had to sit on a float!!! It heals v fast aft I soak w salt solution. After that I realise it's my Gynae's poor stitching. My 2nd gynae stitches v well and I heal in 2 weeks for my 2nd delivery! No pain even when discharged! My skin is v thin and sensitive too so needs special care.

My gynae mentioned d pain is common n hav to take pain killer n usually d pain will only go off after at least a week. Nw d challenge fr me is controlling the poo. i heard of sitz bath but i scare d pain when hav d wound soak in salt water

Hi mummies..
I have just nice BM supply for my gal but right breast still v.pain despite masaage or letting her latch..
I still pump but the supply is lesser compare when is not pain..I think it's clot but I'm still able to pump but aint as much when there's no pain.

How how???
Get a breast messager. . That's what I did. She helped to clear out all the milk out when my breasts were so hard and unable to clear myself regardless manual or pump. Have to clear it asap before it gets clot.

Actually I agree that the wound painful or not depends on the skill of the gynae. For my first gynae, I had pain for a week. Like really intense pain. It was a torture even having to go pee. Poo was hell. But my friends around me could all stand and walk in 2-3 days time. This time round I went to another Gynae. My wound didn't hurt at all since delivery. I could get off the bed and walk on day 2 and totally no pain when pee and poo. Really. It's the skill of the gynae that makes a difference.

Yeap.. totally on skill of gyane! I can walk without pain on second day after urine tube out and the operating nurse came and visit to see how I am doing was shocked I am off my bed, sitting on the chair feeding my baby. Lol.. she asked if I am ok. Lol.. and my confinement auntie cannot tell I csect as I can move quite fast. Hahaha

Baby_mummy, may I know what is the special soft cup feeder?

It's by Medela. Easier than the Medela baby cup. U control the milk flow by pressing the sides. It's going to be my first time using it when bb pops! Now it's still sitting in the package! It's not the special needs feeder ya. This is for short term feeding. I have the baby cup but the risk of choking is really high coz it's v hard to control. The nurses in hospitals use baby cup and they can do it v well!

http://www.medela.com/UK/en/breastfeeding/products/breastmilk-feeding/special-feeding-devices.html

Actually I agree that the wound painful or not depends on the skill of the gynae. For my first gynae, I had pain for a week. Like really intense pain. It was a torture even having to go pee. Poo was hell. But my friends around me could all stand and walk in 2-3 days time. This time round I went to another Gynae. My wound didn't hurt at all since delivery. I could get off the bed and walk on day 2 and totally no pain when pee and poo. Really. It's the skill of the gynae that makes a difference.

Didy! Hi5! My first birth story was like that too. My gynae removed my stitches on day2 aft discharge loh! My massage ladies who saw my scar left from #1 all winced! But w YC, no such prob! I was cut all the way to near the rectum for #1 coz I can't push due to overdose of epi. I praying it'll be the same speedy recovery!!! Coz it really turns the whole mood ard w fast recovery!!!

My gynae mentioned d pain is common n hav to take pain killer n usually d pain will only go off after at least a week. Nw d challenge fr me is controlling the poo. i heard of sitz bath but i scare d pain when hav d wound soak in salt water

Weiy
The pain isn't that bad. U can use your hand to "spot" test the pain. The comfort after is heaven! No more itch and pain!!! Natural remedy! :)

I also use the spray prescribed by gynae. Some don't prescribe (like my #1). It provides lots of comfort too. Eg after the soak, cleaning the area , spritz the spray the bottom feels so nice, clean and cool instead of raw, painful and bloody.

Baby_mummy, do you also pump out after every latch?

Yes yes! I pump after every latch. I Kiasu lah. some juz latch and that's it. can be done too! but i need to build more supply so i wont be stressed when bb has growth spurts and i prefer to keep a stash of EBM frozen bef i go back to work.

There is no milk nor colostrum when u pump after delivery usually. Juz use the stimulation phase continuously for 5-10min. Don't over pump! Most pumps have the 2 phase system. Use the drawing (pumping mode) only when u feel the let down and there is milk coming out. First time mummy usually will get sore nipples so either use BM (if u have milk alr) and apply ard your nips or any of the nipple cream to heal.

No milk no stress. Can always supplement till supply is established. Initially its really a few drops! The hospital will combine and feed it to our babies! I always get those small Medela disposable 80ml bottles to make myself feel better. Standard ones are 150ml. Now I get the 35ml colostrum bottles to boost my self esteem! Haha!

Mommy's mental health more impt k! It's really tough when we r trying to BF, get the wound healed and understand the newborn patterns!

It's by Medela. Easier than the Medela baby cup. U control the milk flow by pressing the sides. It's going to be my first time using it when bb pops! Now it's still sitting in the package! It's not the special needs feeder ya. This is for short term feeding. I have the baby cup but the risk of choking is really high coz it's v hard to control. The nurses in hospitals use baby cup and they can do it v well!

http://www.medela.com/UK/en/breastfeeding/products/breastmilk-feeding/special-feeding-devices.html

wow. I wish I had this. I was using syringe to feed. took like 2h to feed 30ml. feed until pek chek so change to bottle. since then bb doesn't really like to latch anymore.

Yes yes! I pump after every latch. I Kiasu lah. some juz latch and that's it. can be done too! but i need to build more supply so i wont be stressed when bb has growth spurts and i prefer to keep a stash of EBM frozen bef i go back to work.

There is no milk nor colostrum when u pump after delivery usually. Juz use the stimulation phase continuously for 5-10min. Don't over pump! Most pumps have the 2 phase system. Use the drawing (pumping mode) only when u feel the let down and there is milk coming out. First time mummy usually will get sore nipples so either use BM (if u have milk alr) and apply ard your nips or any of the nipple cream to heal.

No milk no stress. Can always supplement till supply is established. Initially its really a few drops! The hospital will combine and feed it to our babies! I always get those small Medela disposable 80ml bottles to make myself feel better. Standard ones are 150ml. Now I get the 35ml colostrum bottles to boost my self esteem! Haha!

Mommy's mental health more impt k! It's really tough when we r trying to BF, get the wound healed and understand the newborn patterns!

hahha. u funny leh. get 35ml bottles. :p

Congrats to all who have delivered. So excited and happy for u all. Just visited gynae at wk37 and baby is at 2.8 kg. I see some mummies whose gynaes will go ctg scan and check dilation. Is this a must do? So far my gynae never check all these leh. Just say baby head is down and everything is still ok. Hmm..

Not all will do. Really depends on gynae. Somehow I don't like dilation check coz it always disturbs the womb and will feel contractions after that. I only allow the gynae to do when very near EDD.

CTG will help gynae check bb movement and contractions. It's like a scientific representation of bb movement and contraction with the strength and frequency of movement vs the conventional way of gynae asking if bb is moving actively, do u have any contractions etc. So it prob means gynae trusts what u say! Hehe

Get a breast messager. . That's what I did. She helped to clear out all the milk out when my breasts were so hard and unable to clear myself regardless manual or pump. Have to clear it asap before it gets clot.

Thanks...I had massage today and yes v.pain but unclogged alot and not so sore n lumpy already.

Didy! Hi5! My first birth story was like that too. My gynae removed my stitches on day2 aft discharge loh! My massage ladies who saw my scar left from #1 all winced! But w YC, no such prob! I was cut all the way to near the rectum for #1 coz I can't push due to overdose of epi. I praying it'll be the same speedy recovery!!! Coz it really turns the whole mood ard w fast recovery!!!

Yes yes! I agree YC stitching is very good. Really helps in the overall recovery period. I will go back to her if I have #3.. but unlikely la hahaha

I don't pump after every latch. I pump only when I feel baby didn't empty my breast. If baby latched on well and breast feels soft, then I don't pump.

I have the Medela cup feeder not the SoftCup Advanced Cup Feeder. Tempted to buy leh. Where did u buy and how much?

Hi mommies, how long do u all take to recover from csect and when did the pain completely go away? Tia!:)

I think its the skill of ur gynae stitching. I csect on 23 Jul and till now I didn't really feel pain. I can get down and walk on second and of cos first day cannot really move much and sitting up is painful. Wound still fresh. I consider myself having high threshold. Lol. I can get down from bed the third day without assistance and in and out of car easily on fourth. The day I discharged. I can bend and squat easily as well. I believe its individual. So this is my sharing.

I have the Medela cup feeder not the SoftCup Advanced Cup Feeder. Tempted to buy leh. Where did u buy and how much?

It's expensive if buy from SG. Most hospital pharmacy sells it. Saw it in major dept stalls and mothercare and mums and babes!

I bought direct from US and ship to SG via Vpost (25% discount). Costs USD28.65.

Hmmm not salbiah But sadiah.. double market rate?? Oh no...

Can u give me her contact number please? And what's the rate etc..

Hi Carine1
I've PM u her contact.
Normal rate is abt $50/hr.
But those exp ones usu got more "fanciful" stuff like steaming, hot compress etc etc. personal pref. call her to find out more first ya.

Hello everyone!
I was admitted on 7/8 for induced labor becoz Gynae estimated bb too heavy at 3.8kg at 38 weeks.
After more than 36 hours of induce, I only managed dilation of 9cm.
In the end, Gynae said cannot wait anymore and not worth it for me to start pushing at 9cm.
End up C-sect on 9 Aug morning..
Lol! Originally I wanted to avoid National Day Bb coz scare wards are too full.
But in the end, bb choose to delay till National Day then come out.. Haha..
Lucky I chk in early on 7/8, I keep hearing the nurses said on 8/8 and 9/8 that all the labor wards, operation wards and staying suites are too full.. Some moms after birth have to rest in their waiting room becoz no suites avail.

It's expensive if buy from SG. Most hospital pharmacy sells it. Saw it in major dept stalls and mothercare and mums and babes!

I bought direct from US and ship to SG via Vpost (25% discount). Costs USD28.65.
Baby_mummy, that is really expensive! But I would also have bought it if I have known it earlier. I've just started on paced bottle feeding, crossing my fingers that it won't affect direct breastfeeding.

They insert the 1st pill for induction at about 3pm.
After observing for abt 2 hours, they sent me up to the suite to wait...
So I was still able to eat and drink then.. They only sent me down to labor ward at abt 6am becoz labor ward no space and becoz I only dilated 3cm. But from 6am on 8/8 onwards, no food and drink, can only sip a bit of water to wet lips.
Actually I only feel a bit of menses like pain while waiting in the labor ward.
Painful Only when they break my water bag. After that I waited for many hours before dilated to 4cm do I asked epidural as I think it is not worth to endure the pain as I expect I need more time to dilate.
After epidural, I literally quite pain free.. I can even sleep while waiting.. And ya, it's the hunger and cannot drink part that I cannot tahan.... Hahaa

@xlxin our babies have same birth date! Glad that we are all safe and heathy now :)

The contraction and dilation was really just v mild like mensus cramp before water bag burst. I was already 3cm dilated when I first admitted and I could even walk to waiting ward at level 2 myself while my fluid was dripping lol. But the hours after that was hell! The contraction became unbearable (laughing gas is useless) and I was only dilated to 4cm after 2 hours. I requested for epidural but my gynae objected cause baby already poo inside...then they send me to delivery ward while waiting for my gynae to be here (this was a wrong decision cause I ended up paying for normal delivery ward room fee as well -_-) as I was really in great pain (I even vomitted the sanwich I just ate before admitted), gynae instructed the nurse to give me a jab that make me sleepy to relieve some pain and stress...ended up this causing bb to be sleepy and not moving much as well and they gave another jab to make bb awake and let me inhale oxygen instead...when my gynae was finally here and look at the CTG...he straight away said emergency csect...so I was in pain for 3hrs for nothing lol :p I only did half body anesthetic so that my hubby can enter operation room later on when they wanna push the bb out...and the operation went smoothly and quickly! (strongly advise mummies to opt for csect if bb is oversize or no dilation near due date rather than induce to go through all the pain and extra troubles and fees) just wanna share my thoughts after first time delivery experience lol :)

Last edited:
@Pochacco123 Glad that you and baby are doing well... :)
Which hospital are u at?
Btw, I agree that laughing gas is no use... Hahaha
At TMC! Bb was sent to UV light portal today :( blood test result shows bb got jaundice...our blood group are different so his jaundice is worse...also my breastmilk not enough now and need to topup with formula milk :( not easy to be mummy! Jiayou everyone! ;)

I delivered last night too! Was 3cm dilated when I admitted on 8 August and remained at 3cm after the whole night! So they broke my waterbag and placed me on oxytocin to get my dilated going... finally managed to see my little one after 24 hours of admission!
Good job! Congrats!!

At TMC! Bb was sent to UV light portal today :( blood test result shows bb got jaundice...our blood group are different so his jaundice is worse...also my breastmilk not enough now and need to topup with formula milk :( not easy to be mummy! Jiayou everyone! ;)

jaundice is quite common. both my kids got them & was put under uv for a day. managed to get better & can discharge together. also quite common to supplement with fm. many of us here do that. don't worry k. stay positive. jiayou!

Hmm.... I'm reading a lot of c-sect cases. Any natural birth delivery process recently to share? Like in wat situation water bag burst, wat u do after that, how long it took, What did u think u did to make ur delivery so smooth, any other advice?
Coz I'm really hoping to do a natural delivery so hoping to copy some ideas here.

@Pochacco123 Glad that you and baby are doing well... :)
Which hospital are u at?
Btw, I agree that laughing gas is no use... Hahaha

My friend's husband tried the laughing gas during the labour .. and he said it just made him nauseous .. He ended up puking in the toilet ... can't understand why it is administered to his wife ..lol

Shirlen, mine was natural. Was dilated abt 1.5cm and felt baby not moving much. So gynae wanted me to admit into hospital. After admit, gynae broke my water bag, water was clear and was still 1.5cm dilated. I was put on drip to bring on the contractions. Contractions came and I asked for epi when I was 3 cm dilated. After epi was totally relaxed cos can't feel pain. I guess the cervix dilates very quickly when the body is relaxed. Within 2 hrs I was 10cm and ready to push. Baby came out smoothly after pushing for about 20 mins?

hi mummies, anyone experience heavy bleeding then almost stopping then heavy bleeding again? not sure if it's still lochia or menses. I tot lochia shld be ending liao. possible to get menses this early?

Pochacco123
U muz be so tired out aft the whole delivery!!
Congrats, take care and rest well!!

Didy
Hehe your birth story is similar to my #2!

Crossing my fingers and hope I can go natural this round too!!!

Jaundice
Quite common. They do a blood test to check the levels. If its too high, bb won't be discharged. Somehow all my kids have jaundice too but diff levels. And it rises aft discharged! The prick the bb feet (sole) to get the blood. Usually it clears by itself. (Sunning etc) no need med.

hi mummies, anyone experience heavy bleeding then almost stopping then heavy bleeding again? not sure if it's still lochia or menses. I tot lochia shld be ending liao. possible to get menses this early?

Usually no. Could it be your diet or massage? Eg if u take a lot of black fungus, it helps to contract the womb n flush out the blood also. Postnatal massage will also cause more bleeding initially.

In doubt, Chk w gynae. They can see from the ultrasound. If its v heavy, better to check just in case coz it might be other reasons.

Usually no. Could it be your diet or massage? Eg if u take a lot of black fungus, it helps to contract the womb n flush out the blood also. Postnatal massage will also cause more bleeding initially.

In doubt, Chk w gynae. They can see from the ultrasound. If its v heavy, better to check just in case coz it might be other reasons.

hmm. I noticed my lochia like stopping so I wore the binder (those high waist panty kind) for a day. then got heavy bleeding so stop wearing. till now 2 days like that still quite heavy.

hmm. I noticed my lochia like stopping so I wore the binder (those high waist panty kind) for a day. then got heavy bleeding so stop wearing. till now 2 days like that still quite heavy.

Hmm not too sure why also but I've frds who had some complications after delivery and heavy bleeding was one of the signs. It could also be normal or menses like what u suspect. Prob need some time to observe. Why don't you call the clinic and consult your gynae? Juz to have peace of mind. :)

I noticed my bleeding will gets heavier when I took black fungi. My confinement lady said should eat to clear the dirty bleed out from the womb for 1 week plus. But if your bleeding is too serious is better to check with your gynae.

Hi mummies. . Like to share my breast feeding experience for past 1 week. breast feeding is a stressful, tiring n painful journey. Stress when baby dunno how to latch and no experience how to manual express. Painful when baby sore my nipple and when milk starts to come, nipples are clotted unable to release the milk. Breast is sore n painful. Tiring is when I have to pump milk every 2 - 3 hrs otherwise it gets clot again.

But after all, when I look at my baby getting healthier with my BM, is all worth it. :)

Hmm not too sure why also but I've frds who had some complications after delivery and heavy bleeding was one of the signs. It could also be normal or menses like what u suspect. Prob need some time to observe. Why don't you call the clinic and consult your gynae? Juz to have peace of mind. :)

my gynae on holiday. hahha.

Back