(2014/08) August 2014

actually i am worry abt my upcoming monday gynae appt. he will tell me abt my oscar result and what need to be done ..(base on last phone conversion he mention slightly high but ask me not to worry) i still worry and scare ... hb will be company me go ... just hope things will be fine and i dont require to do any further test ...

actually i am worry abt my upcoming monday gynae appt. he will tell me abt my oscar result and what need to be done ..(base on last phone conversion he mention slightly high but ask me not to worry) i still worry and scare ... hb will be company me go ... just hope things will be fine and i dont require to do any further test ...
Don't worry first, hear what gynae said. Some more he tell u don't worry already... Oscar not very accurate also de... Keep us posted after your gynae visit... Hugs...

Indeed, since Gynae says dun worry, that would be the most re-assuring.

My gynae is very concerned with mine, so proven it's high risk. He called just to ask what my decision is on whether to do Harmony or Amnio when I didnt get back to him after receiving the oscar report.

I am praying things will go well, and should I be in the clear, I would like to start having birds nest in my diet. Does anyone know how soon we can start? I heard birds nest is a no-no in the first trimester but wonder how soon we can introduce into our diet once past first tri.

Anyone already on it now?

Indeed, since Gynae says dun worry, that would be the most re-assuring.

My gynae is very concerned with mine, so proven it's high risk. He called just to ask what my decision is on whether to do Harmony or Amnio when I didnt get back to him after receiving the oscar report.

I am praying things will go well, and should I be in the clear, I would like to start having birds nest in my diet. Does anyone know how soon we can start? I heard birds nest is a no-no in the first trimester but wonder how soon we can introduce into our diet once past first tri.

Anyone already on it now?

My Chinese Sinseh told me can eat already!
But still, everything must be in moderation. =)
Happy enjoy the bird nest!

he mention that even want to test further will wait till week 16 . therefore he ask me when my next appt and talk to me further ... at that point of time i cant hear clear due to i am in train but i remember he mention normal range is 300 but i am 360 which is slight high (i cant remember which result when wrong) ...i chose not to question further because by talking in the phone is no use. rather meet him in person ... so monday shall be the day ...

I know it's probably difficult not to think about it but Oscar test result can be very subjective to interpretation. For example, while the doc who interpret my result told me I am in high risk, when I met my Gynae yesterday, he told me actually my risk is not very high, just moderate so no need to worry too much. Anyway, I am waiting for my Harmony test result, so meanwhile I just continue to take good care of myself and talk to my baby everyday.

Meanwhile, maybe you can just read up more about the Oscar test results and other tests so that when your gynae discussed with you, you already have more info on hand. And if you read up more, you will realise that more often than not, Oscar test result is not very accurate one.

On the side note, my gynae asked me how much I paid for my Harmony test, he was very surprised that I paid $1200 for it. Apparently, harmony test can cost up to $3k when done at private hospital. @.@

he mention that even want to test further will wait till week 16 . therefore he ask me when my next appt and talk to me further ... at that point of time i cant hear clear due to i am in train but i remember he mention normal range is 300 but i am 360 which is slight high (i cant remember which result when wrong) ...i chose not to question further because by talking in the phone is no use. rather meet him in person ... so monday shall be the day ...
Eh... I tot the higher the number, the less risk it is for Oscar test..

The larger the number, the better it is. Cut off is 1:300. If yours is 1:360 it's a good thing cause low risk.

The 1:360 means your chance is one in 360 pregnancy .

The larger the number, the better it is. Cut off is 1:300. If yours is 1:360 it's a good thing cause low risk.

i hope it turn out to be safe and scare myself. he just mention slightly high ... just x my finger. hope i dont require to do any further test ...

Ya... my gynae also told me the cut off is 1:300.
So meaning your number is higher, it means u are lower in risk.

Hi Xuefen, when does the package starts? normally, 1st visit higher?
They offer the package when we entered 2nd Trimester but fee previously paid for visits and scan will be deducted from the $550, we just need to pay for the balance. Current consultation fee $70 and scan $70 (just increased recently).
First visit should be higher but I can't remember how much as this is my #2 with Dr Lawrence Ang. Anyway if you bought the package when 2nd trimester, the fee paid for previous visits are deductible.

They offer the package when we entered 2nd Trimester but fee previously paid for visits and scan will be deducted from the $550, we just need to pay for the balance. Current consultation fee $70 and scan $70 (just increased recently).
wow seems like a very good price package. so the package will last till delivery? Dr Lawrence Ang is from which clinic in TMC?

Hi hi. . I tried adding u all in but can't. . Probably cannot use apps to do the adding ba.. sorry. . I don't have a computer..

Someone pls help at in these mommies. .

I've tried adding a few but it all returned with a message: The person you are trying to invite was already invited to this group.

Hi everyone, I just got back my oscar test results and the results are bad. I barely passed the Down syndrome (1:337) but im high risk for trisomy 18 (1:4) gynae advised me to do amino. I m. Trying to arrange to go to the detailed scan at Camden centre

Hi everyone, I just got back my oscar test results and the results are bad. I barely passed the Down syndrome (1:337) but im high risk for trisomy 18 (1:4) gynae advised me to do amino. I m. Trying to arrange to go to the detailed scan at Camden centre
Sorry to hear abt the results. Don't despair. Oscar tests are just guiding standards. When I saw my gynae today, out of the many amniocentesis he has done, only a handful are positive for downs. I think in Singapore the guidelines are more conservative. What is your baby's NT measurement?

wow seems like a very good price package. so the package will last till delivery? Dr Lawrence Ang is from which clinic in TMC?
Yup, think his package is cheapest yet his skill is superb. The package till post delivery, included post delivery check up :)
His clinic at Blk 355 Sembawang Way #01-02. Think he also see patient in TMC. You may contact them at 67535228 to check if you interest. But please be prepare to wait for one hour even u had made appointment. His clinic always very crowded.

Sorry to hear abt the results. Don't despair. Oscar tests are just guiding standards. When I saw my gynae today, out of the many amniocentesis he has done, only a handful are positive for downs. I think in Singapore the guidelines are more conservative. What is your baby's NT measurement?

Baby's nt is 1.2mm. T18 is different from downs.its fatal and mostly result in still birth.if survive birth,will only survive for a few hrs only..sigh...I really hope that the results are wrong! A lot of bad scenarios are running in my mind.somemore,on my report it says that my baby's nasal bone is absent!!

Baby's nt is 1.2mm. T18 is different from downs.its fatal and mostly result in still birth.if survive birth,will only survive for a few hrs only..sigh...I really hope that the results are wrong! A lot of bad scenarios are running in my mind.somemore,on my report it says that my baby's nasal bone is absent!!
U spoke to ur gynae already?

Hi CONGRATS to Mums to be !!!
can i check ... ...

1) anyone here conceived aft taking TCM medicine?
2) which TCM and where did u see TCM?
3) How long did u conceive aft seeing TCM?

Thanks in advance.

I have been missing so much for this group...

Went through many tests and check up for the past few weeks.. All have been good so far.
Oscar result was ok... falls under the low risk but might have Thalassemia so went for another blood test again.

Think the Thalassemia is genetic and all my siblings got it so can't avoid that... hopefully will not affect the baby...

Hi, Can add me to the FB group again? I found the email invitation but when I click to join grop, i was prompted that the link has expired. Thank you.
My email addy [email protected]

Just rcd my Oscar results. Low risk. Phew. Jiayou Mummies!!!

Last edited:
Finally receive my Harmony test result this morning!
After 2 weeks of worry.. finally I can put my heart at ease..
My baby is healthy and I am expecting a little prince. =)

Thank you all the mummies who gave me such support and strength during the rough period.

Back