(2014/08) August 2014

Dahlin. .. everything will be fine.. the jab will help to stabilize baby.. as long heartbeat strong and bb in the right growing stage. . There is nothing to worry abt ya.. its all good now.. now you can enjoy CNY! Woohoo!

Dahlin. .. everything will be fine.. the jab will help to stabilize baby.. as long heartbeat strong and bb in the right growing stage. . There is nothing to worry abt ya.. its all good now.. now you can enjoy CNY! Woohoo!
Yap... Thanks! Happy Chinese New Year to you too!

How's everyone doing today?
i think i did my 'oscar' test last sat at gynae clinic....doc showed me gender...but KIV...hehehe
nw my edd is brought ward to national day...anybody's edd is on national day too?

Mudppie, so fast u r able to see ur bb gender? Oscar test is abt week 12, am i right?

Oscar is usually at week 12. According to my colleague it depends on whether your baby cooperative or not.
You may be able to see the gender.

Mudppie, so fast u r able to see ur bb gender? Oscar test is abt week 12, am i right?
Oscar is usually at week 12. According to my colleague it depends on whether your baby cooperative or not.
You may be able to see the gender.

Yea...i shld b 12wk+ according to gynae....i think my gynae did the 'oscar' scan for me wor....cos done in his clinic....& he drew my blood to send for dwn synd test.....so i assume i dont nid to go to tmc ba...shld b oscar scan.....hehe
J.Lau is rite, mayb my bb is cooperative....hehe....
Gynae said can see & showed me......but KIV 1st...LOL...most prolly can cfm upon my nxt visit when im abt 16-17wks....

Yea...i shld b 12wk+ according to gynae....i think my gynae did the 'oscar' scan for me wor....cos done in his clinic....& he drew my blood to send for dwn synd test.....so i assume i dont nid to go to tmc ba...shld b oscar scan.....hehe
J.Lau is rite, mayb my bb is cooperative....hehe....
Gynae said can see & showed me......but KIV 1st...LOL...most prolly can cfm upon my nxt visit when im abt 16-17wks....

is it a boy boy? usually boy easier to confirm?

I'll be going for my 'oscar' at gynae's clinic tmr too. hoping everything is fine... so worried, esp since my #1 is having HFMD. :(

is it a boy boy? usually boy easier to confirm?

I'll be going for my 'oscar' at gynae's clinic tmr too. hoping everything is fine... so worried, esp since my #1 is having HFMD. :(

Not cfm....gymae said KIV...hehe...so let u noe when my nxt appt comes...lol

Oh dear...don't worry...everything gonna b alrite....u nid to wash hands all d time after handling ur boy + he mus wash hands too....try to get some1 to help u wash & clean toys & house too & nid to practice better hygiene ya....take care!

Hi All,
Im a first time MTB.
My EDD is 29th Aug. Am considering gynae in Glen E and TMC. Any recommendation?
Any info on gynae packages for scans and checks?

Hi all!
Silent reader of this thread for a few weeks' now.
Went for my first appointment on 03/01/14 and was informed that I was 5 weeks+ pregnant then, EDD 31/08/14.
Only saw the sac, could not hear heartbeat then. We are going back to the clinic on Friday and really hope to hear/see more.

MS wise - it was bad last week. Threw up, bad indigestion, bloating.. but has since been manageable this week.
I am able to eat well for breakfast and lunch (have been eating korean bbq for the past 4 days!!!), but dinner is a different story as anything fried/rice-based/sight of vegetables etc really puts me off. I've resorted to having bread for the past few nights.
Anyway, the throwing up/nausea has sort of disappeared. To the point I am concerned whether or not bb is still around! Anyone else feeling this way? :(

Hello Queen!

Lydia here. We have the same EDD! :))
I had very very bad nausea last sat and was so ... weak and upset.
Now I am nursing a cough and cold, each time I cough I worry for baby too.

& yes ironically when I stop feeling nausea I wonder if baby heart is beating. But now I have learnt to slowly shift my attention to positivity. :)
Gg for my next check up on 3 Feb! Can't wait!

Gynae wants a close watch on me as I had miscarriage before. Thus I am so anal in the beginning of this pregnancy.

Sometimes u noticed my tummy has shrunk and start to think if bb is still doing well inside. Not sure about you guys but I barely feel anything yet. Only some rotational movement sometimes. Whenever I went for scan bb is always in a sleeping position.

Hello Queen!

Lydia here. We have the same EDD! :))
I had very very bad nausea last sat and was so ... weak and upset.
Now I am nursing a cough and cold, each time I cough I worry for baby too.

& yes ironically when I stop feeling nausea I wonder if baby heart is beating. But now I have learnt to slowly shift my attention to positivity. :)
Gg for my next check up on 3 Feb! Can't wait!

Gynae wants a close watch on me as I had miscarriage before. Thus I am so anal in the beginning of this pregnancy.
*waves*
I'm also having flu on and off. How do you cope with it?
I think that's every mummy to be's fear. You're not alone!
Hope the wait for 3rd Feb comes soon for you!
I'm next saying Hihi to bb on 10th Feb! What a looooong wait.

Blessed CNY!

Meemeemoomoo,

The prices are quite ok lah.

As for knowing the gender of baby, it may be too early to tell as some baby may "hide". From my experience, it is easier to tell if the baby is a boy. Maybe the sonographer does not want to commit. You may want to check with your gynea during your next appt. ;)

anyone could share where to buy maternity clothes?
i surfed Qoo10 but i'm unsure of the quality n whether suitable for sg use
but dont know yet where in sg that i can actually try and wear before buying..
thanks!
Try newlook maternity! Free shipping to SG if you purchase above a certain amount. Prices quite reasonable

*waves*
I'm also having flu on and off. How do you cope with it?
I think that's every mummy to be's fear. You're not alone!
Hope the wait for 3rd Feb comes soon for you!
I'm next saying Hihi to bb on 10th Feb! What a looooong wait.

Blessed CNY!

i'm having flu/cold like every alternate week.. i got some medicine from gynae & GP for flu/running nose.. chloromine is supposingly safe for pregnant mums.. jiayou! :)

thanks bbjourney - are the prices affordable?

just wondering if anyone has the same experience.. i went for OSCAR a few days ago at TMC. i'm currently in 13th week. we saw the baby flexing fingers and details of the spine and skull and also between the legs, i saw nothing so i thought it's a girl. i asked the technician who did the scan for me (seems like a junior staff) and she said i can only tell the gender earliest in week 16. is she right? cos i read on forums that some can tell as early as week 10!

what was ur experience in this?

i juz had my scan yesterday (currently @ 12W) & scan showed a bump between the legs. i asked abt the gender & gynae said MAY be a boy, but can only confirm at 16W onwards when the baby/ the genital parts are more developed. so the technician probably just didn't want to make a wrong guess & make u disappointed now/later. btw, my friend was told that his was a boy until the detailed scan at 20W then confirm it's a girl. so really no pt trying to make any wild guess now...

anyone could share where to buy maternity clothes?
i surfed Qoo10 but i'm unsure of the quality n whether suitable for sg use
but dont know yet where in sg that i can actually try and wear before buying..
thanks!
Hi meemeemoomoo u can try spring maternity. They have pretty nice pants. I am getting some maternity tops from asos.com. They are reasonably priced and have free shipping!

I will be going for oscar scan on coming tues at tmc. Anyone too?

Im going on the 6th, not sure bout the full bladder but i think ill just keep a full bladder and if they say no need we can just pee anytime. Haha.

hi everyone! happy lunar new year! I am curious to know what is the cost per gynae visit? the visit includes, consultation, scan and vitamins. If you don't mind sharing, I would love to know the average cost and which doctor? I think my gyane is pretty expensive. hope you guys can share with me. thanks!

I had steamboat dinner at friend's place an hour ago, and only realised alcohol (Martell) was used in marinading pork innards. I didn't take any innards but drank the soup and had other stuff cooked in the same pot. I'm at 11 weeks, will this cause any harm?

I am so upset and mad with myself for not protecting my little one. Please let me know if I hv caused any harm at all.

Damsel in great distress.

I had steamboat dinner at friend's place an hour ago, and only realised alcohol (Martell) was used in marinading pork innards. I didn't take any innards but drank the soup and had other stuff cooked in the same pot. I'm at 11 weeks, will this cause any harm?

I am so upset and mad with myself for not protecting my little one. Please let me know if I hv caused any harm at all.

Damsel in great distress.

If the food with alcohol is cooked, most of the alcohol would have been cooked away. Don't worry. :) I had a tiramisu some weeks ago and I only realized that it had alcohol (nt cooked off) in it! Hehe.. Carry on to finish it because it was so awesome. I thought the amount is too little to have any adverse effect on the baby.

I drank champagne when I was around 6 weeks. I think should be ok. Try to avoid those pre packed or pre made cold sushi. I tried those on Xmas and nearly died. but fresh sushi made on the spot seems fine. Weird!

Eh... I thought we cannot take steamboat when we r preggie? Cos there is risk of food not fully cooked?

I had steamboat all the way through cny!! Yah agree with attorney, just make sure it is fully cooked before eating. I had it with my church and there were three pregnant ladies among us. It should be fine.

i didnt know about keeping bladder full or not, but when i entered the room at tmc, the lady asked me "did you drink a lot of water?" and i said yes and she said "ahh beautiful images with bladder full".

so it seems quite differing opinions..
Maybe different machine? I did it at KKH and was constantly told to empty my bladder. But I drank too much and the doc who was scanning me mentioned that my bladder was affecting the scan. Yah.. Maybe diff hospital diff rules

Thanks for the assurances, alcohol evaporating in hotspot sounds legit. I was so mad with myself last night.

My symptoms have also kinda diminished. I'm at 11weeks+, anyone feeling the same? Nausea feeling all gone it seems. I hv never puked so far, just feeling nausea with the thought of food. But of late, I dun feel that way anymore. Kind of concerned and so tempted to visit a nearby women's clinic to get a scan while waiting for my next scan in a week's time.

Am I the only one feeling this way?

Thanks for the assurances, alcohol evaporating in hotspot sounds legit. I was so mad with myself last night.

My symptoms have also kinda diminished. I'm at 11weeks+, anyone feeling the same? Nausea feeling all gone it seems. I hv never puked so far, just feeling nausea with the thought of food. But of late, I dun feel that way anymore. Kind of concerned and so tempted to visit a nearby women's clinic to get a scan while waiting for my next scan in a week's time.

Am I the only one feeling this way?

Hi wai wish,

Me too. Kind of worry since last week.
Although I still Puke but may b only once a day or once in a few days.

Having oscar scan on next Monday.

Hi wai wish,

Me too. Kind of worry since last week.
Although I still Puke but may b only once a day or once in a few days.

Having oscar scan on next Monday.
My symptoms started to subside on 9th week. Less nausea.. Was kind of worried. But by 12th week it was even more obvious. My hunger pangs were almost gone. And the occasional puking went away. My bloatedness subsided so much in the morning my tummy was flat. So was kind of worried when I went in for oscar. Kept praying to God to focus on Him and not on myself and was able to be somewhat peaceful. The oscar scan turned out well and it is so wonderful to see your bb on the screen.

Me still having weird n metallic taste in the mouth.
Hunger pang seems to subside abit.
Me today 11 weeks.
Hope everything would be fine.

my gynea charges $100+ excl medicine/folic acid/other tests for first visit, then subsequent visits at about $70+ excl medicine/folic acid/other tests. every visit includes an abdomen scan.

aft 16 weeks, he offers a package abt $600 or $800 (i cant rem) that will cover all visits till delivery. this also excludes medicine/folic acid/other tests like blood tests etc. delivery and hospital stay are separately charged but a portion can claim via medisave.

hmm.. mine is abt $250+ per visit, inclusive of $80 (consultation) + $120 (scan) + $50+ (supplements)..

package is $1800+ starting at 16 weeks, includes consultation, scan, detailed scan & iron tabs/vitamins.. delivery and hospital stay are separately charged too..

kinda ex..... :( but think i'll juz stick to this gynae for convenience & comfort... good thing is the wait is not too long & she won't rush thro' the visit, waiting time ard 30mins-1hr (max), consultation ard 20mins.. guess paying for service ba..

i'm at 13wks, but my ms, hunger pangs & fatigue still come and go.. can still get real bad on some days, esp when overtired...... :(

hmm.. mine is abt $250+ per visit, inclusive of $80 (consultation) + $120 (scan) + $50+ (supplements)..

package is $1800+ starting at 16 weeks, includes consultation, scan, detailed scan & iron tabs/vitamins.. delivery and hospital stay are separately charged too..

kinda ex..... :( but think i'll juz stick to this gynae for convenience & comfort... good thing is the wait is not too long & she won't rush thro' the visit, waiting time ard 30mins-1hr (max), consultation ard 20mins.. guess paying for service ba..

Which gynae u took? It tot mine already very high... Urs even higher

Back