(2014/08) August 2014

Hello all mummies-to-be~

Tested a faint line on sunday (using watson's one step pregnancy kit) and went on to a nearby clinic for confirmation haha. What I saw was a faint line initially when he congratulated us. However, the Dr said a faint line is still a line :p

Have booked an appt with the gynae tomorrow but am afraid will be too early for first visit? any advice? :)
Congrats!
Still can visit,but barely can see any thing... like a small dot...
Best to visit after 8-9weeks.

Yes, single bedder in Mount A is very big..
your_attorney, who is your gynae? My gynae also in GlenE.
GlenE not big?
they got different single bed...
For my Last stay, my friend commented not as big as Last time she stayed...
But for me... not bad, at least got privacy

Thanks ladies for the advices!

If I were to visit the gynae between wk 8 - 9, how do I make sure that the baby is fine during the few weeks of wait? I read that ppl do tests every now and then to make sure the line is still there lol

Pardon me if I sound like some panic freak. First pregnancy, very anxious me lol

If I were to visit the gynae between wk 8 - 9, how do I make sure that the baby is fine during the few weeks of wait? I read that ppl do tests every now and then to make sure the line is still there lol

Pardon me if I sound like some panic freak. First pregnancy, very anxious me lol

Hi gunner

I bought online pregnancy test strip to test in between weeks. Hehe...

This is also my offical first child. So I do have past unpleasant experience which is why I choose to go only week 7

Hehehe... yesterday I gone gynae first appt . I told her my last menses is 24 Oct & I tested BFP 27 Nov. She asked why I took so long to come.. I just tell her cos when I come visit, I wanna make sure I sees what is right for 7 weeks. And indeed.. this time round I bring home a picture & a edd which I never had in my past 2 experiences. :)

Gunner its ok to be anxious
I was also v anxious for no. 1 too. Don't worry too much. As long as no cramp+fresh bleeding, its ok. If you have ms, its good too because it means baby is doing well. Dun worry we are here to help each other.

Gunner its ok to be anxious
I was also v anxious for no. 1 too. Don't worry too much. As long as no cramp+fresh bleeding, its ok. If you have ms, its good too because it means baby is doing well. Dun worry we are here to help each other.

Yeap... your_attorney is absolutely right. I know its hard not to be paranoid but we just have to be positive & always talk to your baby. ;)

Actually even u got someone to help you ...The best still engage c.l and it really make a lot of differ. I see 2 example that mil help. End up they suffer n still got to take care the bb. Not enough rest etc...

Hi everyone, i just visited my gyna and cfm my edd 5 Aug. this is my #3, hope that it will be a girl as i am having 2 boys now.

Muddpie, are you the one i know? ;)

Bubblepearl Congrats to u for #3...!!!! I think we noe each other & if u remb me cos u seldom turn up for gatherings! Whahaha I hvn gone to see gynae! Will do so nxt wk...after cfm liao can join & help u in d fb grp ok? Kekeke

Hi gunner! I know how you feel, this is my first baby too, same thing very anxious and paranoid since my first gynae appt only on 9 Jan.

Think just take the pregnancy test strips every now and them to assure ourselves. :)

Hi gunner! I know how you feel, this is my first baby too, same thing very anxious and paranoid since my first gynae appt only on 9 Jan.

Think just take the pregnancy test strips every now and them to assure ourselves. :)

Hi Faryerfly,

Yup, we shall do that for now :D my ms is rather mild now..i do feel bit more uncomfortable on certain days only..but anyway guess its still early for me :)

Hey mummies, I tested positive yesterday 2nd child. Any FB group opened for better communication n sharing???

Hi all,

I'm expecting my #1 now. Edd August 2014 too.

A newbie for me into motherhood. Will need plenty of advise from all.. ;)

Nice to MIT all of u here!

i also tend to pee more frequently even though i just discovered i am preggy.
that was quite a scare! its fresh red blood or brown? just monitor and if got more red blood, better go gynae earlier
It happen to mi at 6 weeks too on Went to c my gynae n I was given a jab n ask to admit a hospital to completely rest in bed. Stayed for night, next day no more blood streaks and discharge but still continue to rest in bed till now. Monday go c gynae for my 7 weeks scan.

Please rest n do not walk too much. :)

It happen to mi at 6 weeks too on Went to c my gynae n I was given a jab n ask to admit a hospital to completely rest in bed. Stayed for night, next day no more blood streaks and discharge but still continue to rest in bed till now. Monday go c gynae for my 7 weeks scan.

Please rest n do not walk too much. :)
Pardon my typo error.. Auto correct.. Haa

Congrats Mamdes, you rest well too...seems like a lot of moomies have spotting or bedrest experience.
I guess being SG mommies not easy...must work and must bear babies!!*stress*

sharks, I can't eat again....having the MS feeling again....damn!
I really hate this feeling, making me v miserable sometimes.
I have seriously super envious of those mommies who have no problem eating!!!

Mommies with children, do your older children ask you to carry them? I am having this problem where my daughter is asking me to carry her.
I try my best not to...but sometimes its difficult.
And b/c of my MS, my mood isn't tip top. Sometimes I really feel like screaming at her though I have suppressed it (esp when she is super sensitive these days as if she knows there is another bb coming)
My tot is acting super sticky to me, super need attention from me, super wants me to carry her. *arggghhhhh*

Apologies for sprouting so much rubbish.

Congrats Mamdes, you rest well too...seems like a lot of moomies have spotting or bedrest experience.

Mommies with children, do your older children ask you to carry them? I am having this problem where my daughter is asking me to carry her.
And b/c of my MS, my mood isn't tip top. Sometimes I really feel like screaming at her though I have suppressed it (esp when she is super sensitive these days as if she knows there is another bb coming)
My tot is acting super sticky to me, super need attention from me, super wants me to carry her. *arggghhhhh*

Yes! My boy insist only me to carry him. He even push away his daddy. Super sticky!

Me too.. Having cramps at my 7 weeks now. Seeing gynae on Monday to check with him.

Quite normal. As long as no sharp pain or bleeding, usually OK.
But if still worried, visit your gynae to get assurance.

In fact this round, my cramps start one week before my expected menses period, and Last for three days!

Hi ladies,

Nice to meet everyone. I'm a first-time mum so feeling pretty lost. I'm at my 6th week now and edd is 17 Aug :)

I guess I am also the same. I hate MS. My MS start from morning, peak in the afternoon. Only feel better at 9pm... Then only time I feel gd is when I am sleeping.

My boy is only 19months.. So he don't really know anything. Sometimes no choice I have to carry him. But I don't carry for long. Max 1min.

For those who having cramps and spotting, rest more on bed. Don't go shopping and walk too long. Try to lay on the bed, and only get up for food and toilet only. that's the best. :)

Hi all, just tested positive this morning and this will be my #2.. #1 is dec 2011 bb gal.. :)! According to the online calculator, edd should be around 24/8.. Yet to go for gynae visit to confirm..maybe next few weeks.. :)

Can I join the fb group too? Can add me [email protected]? Thanks!! :D

my boy is also super sticky. keep on wanting me to carry when he sleeps. super bad habit. hope it doesn't harm the little beanie inside. is it a must to avoid carrying?

Hi all,
I'm expecting #2, tested a faint line last Wed, yet to see doctor. Don't want to go see doc too early this time as last time went around 7 weeks scanned and gyne said no heartbeat, asked to go back another week to check again. He said if still no heartbeat then hav to do abortion! We are so stress and worried during that week! We keep praying and praying.....Thanks God there is heartbeat in my second scan! Now my #1 18months a sticky mummy boy also who 2 weeks ago still wake up few times a night and drink 2 times milk. But God make a way....my boy was down with fever and cough 2 weeks ago no appetite for night milk. Hence, me and hubby decided to take this opportunity to wean off his night feed. (We has been tried many times before but failed). Guess what? Last night is the first night he able to sleep through the night since he is born! We have to continue praying that he will maintain...... :)

Last edited:
Hi all, just got a positive pregnancy test yesterday. am leaving for my honeymoon for 1 month, when should I book in for my first gynae appointment? o_O

Hi all

Still keeping in contact with my ex-CN whom we visited her at her confinement place last weekend and was told that she is available in May n July onwards.
She is currently in SIN-Punggol engaged in a confinement for 2months.
She is a good cook, clean after each meal, very PRO in BF.
My hubby actually misses her daily breakfast which she made for him during my confinement. Not calculative lady. Lastly her charges are very reasonable.
You may want to contact her at 81441626

Last edited:
I bought from qoo10.sg. search for hpt. I bought the David brand. cheap & reliable so far.
Congrats! I just tested positive few days ago. This is my #1. Feeling overwhelmed & excited. Haven find a gynae too. Im going to for my check around 8th week too( from my friend's suggestion, as now what gynae do is just confirm pregnancy only.) U guys got any recommendation on female gynae? or if possible, anyone knows a gd gynae in punggol too?

Congrats! I just tested positive few days ago. This is my #1. Feeling overwhelmed & excited. Haven find a gynae too. Im going to for my check around 8th week too( from my friend's suggestion, as now what gynae do is just confirm pregnancy only.) U guys got any recommendation on female gynae? or if possible, anyone knows a gd gynae in punggol too?

Congrats!
I will seeing a female Gynae. She delivered my #01 and I am going back to her. She is Dr Heng from Parkway East hospital. Her clinic is either at the hosp/cassia road. U can goggle abt her.

I'm going back to see Dr Chen Chern Yi coz I saw her for my 1st pregnancy (which ended in ms) & she delivered my boy (2nd pregnancy). Her clinic is in punggol & she delivers in mt A/ TMC. don't know whether she's considered good or not coz she's the only gynae I've seen, but so far she's been very professional lah. I needed an emergency c-sect for my boy & she arrived at mt A within <10mins!

I had maid + confinement catering for my #1. almost died. had to look after my boy on my own at night, and the maid was more trouble than help (got rid of her before my ML ended & send my boy to infant-care instead). still thinking whether to hire CL this time anot. sigh. so ex leh!! :( but most likely going for maid + confinement catering combi again. coz think I'll definitely need a maid with 2 kids now. my #1 is in CC now. gonna send #2 to IFC & maid to do housework & cook dinner.

I had maid + confinement catering for my #1. almost died. had to look after my boy on my own at night, and the maid was more trouble than help (got rid of her before my ML ended & send my boy to infant-care instead). still thinking whether to hire CL this time anot. sigh. so ex leh!! :( but most likely going for maid + confinement catering combi again. coz think I'll definitely need a maid with 2 kids now. my #1 is in CC now. gonna send #2 to IFC & maid to do housework & cook dinner.

I think is if financial allow, is better to get a CL. A gd Confinement for that 1month is very impt. Is more like for mummies to recuperate our body. And we need a lot of rest and tonic. The elderly always say, if dont do a gd confinement, next time our body will have a lot of problems. So prevention is better than cure.
Just a cent la... Cos that's what happens to my neighbor. She didn't do a gd confinement for her #02. End up body become weak easily and problems..so to resolve this. She need to have #03 and do a gd confinement to get her body back. And now she better.

Hi all im new here.. just tested positive last week. EDD ard mid Aug..Haven't seen a gynae yet and this will be my first one.. btw saw piggy2008 posting on feeling breathless. I am too!!! I thought it was just me... Any idea why? Btw could you also add me on fb? [email protected]

Hi all im new here.. just tested positive last week. EDD ard mid Aug..Haven't seen a gynae yet and this will be my first one.. btw saw piggy2008 posting on feeling breathless. I am too!!! I thought it was just me... Any idea why? Btw could you also add me on fb? [email protected]

I have no idea why ....my friend say maybe I walk too fast ...If slow ...still ok ....

I have no idea why ....my friend say maybe I walk too fast ...If slow ...still ok ....
It's because ur body need to work harder to support the baby within. Just try not to stress unselfish too much. Walk in slower paces. Try not to carry heavy stuffs and you should be fine :)

It's because ur body need to work harder to support the baby within. Just try not to stress unselfish too much. Walk in slower paces. Try not to carry heavy stuffs and you should be fine :)

My no 1 , I don't feel breathless ...only this ...maybe old liao ...lol

I also try not to carry my no 1 too long ... haiz ...I feel bad ....

Wow wow wowo so many messages!
First of all, i would like to wish everyone a Merry X'mas! Best X'mas present having to know you are pregnant!
Congrats all mums to be!

Can i check if anyone has taken these folic acid, and how much do u take daily? Thanks in advance.
1) Unity Folic Acid 5mg- e cheapest of all, dono gd or not
2) Nature's Farm 800mcg
3) Blackmore 800mcg
4) GNC 800mcg

Any recommendation which is good? Welcome to recommend those not stated here too.

Wow wow wowo so many messages!
First of all, i would like to wish everyone a Merry X'mas! Best X'mas present having to know you are pregnant!
Congrats all mums to be!

Can i check if anyone has taken these folic acid, and how much do u take daily? Thanks in advance.
1) Unity Folic Acid 5mg- e cheapest of all, dono gd or not
2) Nature's Farm 800mcg
3) Blackmore 800mcg
4) GNC 800mcg

Any recommendation which is good? Welcome to recommend those not stated here too.

I took gnc folic acid for my #1, also bought the same for my #2. Gnc one also not ex I think a by $17+ for 100pcs. Btw I take 1/day.

Back