(2014/08) August 2014

So tired today as I had a night of fake contractions and worrying was bb going to come out but end up nothing happened...Currently at week 39+4 and waiting to see gynae for further plan on my delivery...yawn...

I too dread the constipation after the delivery. When I had my #1, passing motion after the delivery felt like going through another labour. Luckily, this time round, my gynae gave me laxatives to pass motion before discharge.

So tired today as I had a night of fake contractions and worrying was bb going to come out but end up nothing happened...Currently at week 39+4 and waiting to see gynae for further plan on my delivery...yawn...

I'm currently at 38+2 and I can't wait to deliver.. really tired of being so pregnant. I want my body back. I delivered my first one at 37+3 so this time round seems really long for me.

Ladies, i will be induced on baby due date, this coming friday, excited and feel scared too....3 more days to go...

For anyone who is interested

Rohayu - 91866561

Package: 5 days : $450
7days : $550
10 days : $750
include binder and herb.

She brings her own massage table.

how many days notice must we give her if we want to engage her service? every session is 1.5 hrs?

I'm currently at 38+2 and I can't wait to deliver.. really tired of being so pregnant. I want my body back. I delivered my first one at 37+3 so this time round seems really long for me.
Ya I am really tired of the waiting game...doctor said I am starting to dilate but no show yet...now I am queuing for a detail scan to know baby's accurate size to determine if I should go through c-sect or continue the endless wait...gynae said bb could be bigger than we thought...zzz

I'm 38+2 too! But first pregnancy so I have no idea what to expect! Feeling nervous!

Jiayou all mummies that hvnt pop..
Dont think too much and only think smooth delivery!
I delivered my v.first precious on 1st Aug..10 days earlier than edd.

Baby need some daring from mommy too..8/9th mths bond, they can feel de!!!

Last edited:
@shirleyten thanks alot for the info! i'll check with her now.. need a really good post natal massage.. i'm only 36w1d now.. hopefully she's still available in sept.. my edd is 31 aug 2014.. haa..

she'll try to slot me in! hehe.. the massage lady i previously booked like got no news so no choice got to look for another one.. lucky no deposit put down with her..

Jiayou everyone! I was really nervous & scared of the delivery so much so i rather have the bb still in me haha..
Didnt help when i had to go thru emergency c sect. I was 38wk + and deliver 13 days before edd.

However the v 1st time they put your precious on you.

PRICELESS.

So hang in there!:)

Okay so I did a detail scan and bb is est. 3.4kg so the most is 3.7kg now. Gynae advise to continue waiting for these last few days before my EDD on 7th :) I hope bb will pop within the next few days...

hi mummies i have problem looking for confinement lady for next year 2015 can any nice soul share with me your confinement lady that you use before and is good?

Congrats axara! Can I asked what's the reason that u have to induce? I just went to see Gynae today cos I felt baby movement is less. Did a ctg scan and showed baby moving ok. Gynae checked and I am 1.5cm dilated and she suggested to induce tmr. So I am going to admit tmr at 6am.

Congrats axara! Can I asked what's the reason that u have to induce? I just went to see Gynae today cos I felt baby movement is less. Did a ctg scan and showed baby moving ok. Gynae checked and I am 1.5cm dilated and she suggested to induce tmr. So I am going to admit tmr at 6am.

I was induced because I was already 4cm dilated by that day but with no significant contractions seen at CTG scan. Also because gynae was worried baby will get bigger if we wait longer as I am quite small sized, only 50kg at 38 weeks...

Congrats Didy!! Smooth delivery ya!

Ooooo.. exciting! Smooth delivery!

having blocked ducts again. running a fever, chills, pain, body ache, etc etc. super miserable. think the pump can't drain my boobs well. will seeing a GP help? or shld go back to see gynae? :(

Can put cabbage or other cooling gel pad on your engorged breast to soothe the pain. After that do massage in circular motion. Try to express the milk every 2 to 3 hrs.

Last edited:
having blocked ducts again. running a fever, chills, pain, body ache, etc etc. super miserable. think the pump can't drain my boobs well. will seeing a GP help? or shld go back to see gynae? :(
U can see a lactation consultant. They have it in most hospitals eg TMC, KK, Alvenia.
U can actually clear it yourself but I learnt it best aft visiting a LC then from then onwards its DIY! Some massage ladies and confinement ladies know how to do it too!

I can't pump out anything from the clogged breast at all. getting more n more clogged. booked a massage lady to come by this afternoon. hopefully it helps. :(

I can't pump out anything from the clogged breast at all. getting more n more clogged. booked a massage lady to come by this afternoon. hopefully it helps. :(

I hope it has not developed into mastitis. Although your symptoms seems to be.
http://kellymom.com/bf/concerns/mother/mastitis/

It can be cleared but it will be very very painful. And u must really bear with the pain. It's like the breasts are "rock" hard and the pain is so unbearable that I feel like chopping the breast off!!

Meanwhile, try the following bef u pump again
1) take a hot drink eg milo/red date tea
2) get a hot towel and cover the breast to allow the ducts to expand so breasts can soften
3) locate the blocked parts of the breasts and massage by rolling the whole breast to soften it eg circular motion
4) cup the breast w one hand, then using your master hand's thumb, press and push towards the aerola to get the milk out. It's v v painful but be mindful not to damage your skin w too much friction. I'll put nipple butter / laolin on the thumb to reduce the friction
5) if its cleared, your milk will juz shoot out!!! Very messy so prepare a towel to wipe.

If it is not successful, keep repeating it till its cleared. Eg every 1hr. Give yourself max 1-2 days else go straight to LC k. Coz once fever sets in, it's quite bad alr. Muz take care of your health!

In between, u can use cool cabbage (from fridge) for pain relieve. Put inside bra. It doesn't affect supply ESP when the engorgement is bad.

The good news is, once u know how to clear the engorgement, u'll have this skill for life!!! Engorgement is only bad during the initial breast feeding journey. U'll eventually learn to manage and detect a small block duct and get it fixed bef it developed into a big case. Jiayou!!!!

I just booked my masseur recommended by forum and friend.

This is her rate :

$50(60min)full body massage
Apply herbs on tummy n wrapping.
Natural start 1wk c sec 3wks onwds or get advise frm gynae recomand 5-10session.
If interested can book now juz msg name add n edd

97724579 - Sadiah

I'm officially a mommy! Baby was out on 39w+6days on 03 aug!!:)

Gynae est 3.5kg and turns out 3.005kg... Mmmm not as overweight as he always thought!:rolleyes:
Had irregular contraction for 1.5days before decided to just go hospital check n was dilated 2.5cm! She put me on drip so dilation was quicken...

Can't seem to upload pic.. Show u girls tmr!;)

Breastfeeding is not an easy task. Maybe book a lactation consultant to go over to your house and help you out. She will usually have more experience than the GP and you can get it sorted in the comfort of your house .
TMC lactation consultants make house calls .

I gave birth to my princess yesterday on 5 aug at tmc. Labour was rather quick about 5 hours and was smooth. Thank god for everything. Will be going home tmr if everything goes well. :)

Didy congrats!! Does your gynae happen to be YC? Was at TMC for check up ytd and my gynae went to deliver a bb and came back in 20min!! But she said labour was 5hrs and v smooth!!! Hehe

Breastfeeding is not an easy task. Maybe book a lactation consultant to go over to your house and help you out. She will usually have more experience than the GP and you can get it sorted in the comfort of your house .
TMC lactation consultants make house calls .

yeah. bf not easy. envy those mummies that seem to bf so easily.

I gave birth at mt A. can engage TMC LC for housecall? any idea what's the rate?

I went see gynae yest. confirm is breast infection. gave me antibiotics for 5 days. also got massage auntie to come yest. she managed to unclogged some ducts & pump out milk from the infected breast. but I couldn't pump out anything again after she left. arragghhrr. :(

yeah. bf not easy. envy those mummies that seem to bf so easily.

I gave birth at mt A. can engage TMC LC for housecall? any idea what's the rate?

I went see gynae yest. confirm is breast infection. gave me antibiotics for 5 days. also got massage auntie to come yest. she managed to unclogged some ducts & pump out milk from the infected breast. but I couldn't pump out anything again after she left. arragghhrr. :(

It's means its not fully cleared yet. Takes a few pumps to clear it. It may be the pump is "faulty". Eg membranes are torn, the valve inside has a slit etc.

Yes u can engage TMC LC even if u deliver at Mt A. I prefer going down to Parentcraft centre at TMC to see LC coz they let u use their pump to clear also so u can test if it is really a pump problem.

Call and check the rates. Mine isn't accurate co it was more than 5 yrs ago. Then it was $60 for a session. But if u ask me, I'll gladly pay to get the problem resolved!

Don't be disheartened k! It's part of the BF journey. I used to suffer the same for #1. Now I have diff pumps to treat diff kind of "block" cases. U will juz improve from here on. Need a lot of support initially from LC, family members and friends! Last time in my ex Cpy, we even have a unofficial moo moo club. The experienced mummies will help the new mummies massage and clear the engorgement. Somehow I think a real life demo by someone eg LC really helps!

My little Prince is out on 3rd aug (37 wk +5), induced delivery as advised by gynae cos he claimed baby is big but came out only 2.89 kg. Should have waited till full term.

The induce tablet works too well for me.. contraction starts 1hr after induced and strong contraction after water bag burst. I dilated 3 cm in 30 mins which usually it should be 1 cm/hr. Too painful for me and I took epi.. Luckily I did so cos my baby was too stress over this sudden strong contraction and his heart beat dropped.

Managed to smooth the womb n bring his heart beat back to normal. Otherwise will end up in c-sect. Finally after 13 hrs, baby is out with just 2 pushes. I will say coconut juice n walking does help. :)

Just back home ytd, and now struggling with breast feeding. Baby didn't latch well first 2 days n both nipple now sore. :(
Still trying to work it out.

Congrats all mummies who had given birth. And jia you for those still waiting. :)

Congrats to all mummies who had pop! I'm 39wks le but stil "waiting & waiting"! Feel very uncomfortable with a big tummy! Really hope that can giv birth asap but stil no sign. Tomorrow will visit gynae and hope that can hear some "gd news" frm her :)
Jia You to all mummies and mum to be here :)

Congrats to all mummies who had pop! I'm 39wks le but stil "waiting & waiting"! Feel very uncomfortable with a big tummy! Really hope that can giv birth asap but stil no sign. Tomorrow will visit gynae and hope that can hear some "gd news" frm her :)
Jia You to all mummies and mum to be here :)
I am 39week 6 days today and still waiting...now I am thinking my bb is going to be overdue...:confused:
Congrats to all mummies who have delivered! ;)

Hi mummies. . Any recommendation for nipple cream? Is lansinoh nipple cream good?
I'm using earth mama angel baby natural nipple butter which is rather good. I got sore nipples and they were healed in about 1—2 days. During that time, I stopped latching and pumped out instead. Try to use the nipple sandwich technique for breastfeeding.

My little Prince is out on 3rd aug (37 wk +5), induced delivery as advised by gynae cos he claimed baby is big but came out only 2.89 kg. Should have waited till full term.

What was the estimated weight? My gynae also tell me my bb is big and always hinted abt c-sec... But today I am reading that bb weight is overestimated by 2 mummies' experience! Why scare me? Hahaha!

Went for detailed scan today... I am at 38wk + 3, estimated bb's weight is 3.8kg.. *faint*
My gynae scare bb gets too big for natural delivery if continue to wait.. No dilation or signs of labor yet... I am going to be admitted to induce labour tomorrow.
Hopefully everything goes smoothly and won't take too long..

Back