(2014/08) August 2014

May i check which type of carrier that you use with your baby? Do you mind sharing? TIA
I am going to get I-Angel. Been crazy abt this carrier since I was preg. I didn't use carrier till, she is 3 mths plus now but 6mths onwards I am gonna use it!

My boy hates tummy time too... His neck is quite strong & he enjoys looking around when being carried. He's also now able to turn his head from one side to the other while on his tummy.

kopibeanie, I'm so relieved to hear that your boy is a light sleeper during the day too. Thought my boy is the exception from the norm... I tried all means & ways to get him to sleep for a longer duration but he sleeps for about 30mins each time. So envious of mummies whose babies can sleep for 1-2h or longer. But am thankful that he recently started to sleep through the night from 8pm to 4/5am.

Wow 8pm to 4/5am is very good! probably explains why he is more wakeful in the day. think we r all envious of u now. hahah.

my boy slept at 9+pm & woke up at 5+am last night. keeping fingers crossed. hope it's not a one off thing. :)

I tried 9.30pm but she wakes up at 4.30am for milk. Faint.. so I go back to 11pm so she can sleep till 7am. But 6 mths onwards I will try again for earlier timing

hmm.. tot it would be better to train her to sleep earlier else it becomes a habit & difficult to correct next time.. easier to train her to wean off the 430am feed instead?

my elder one sleeps at ard 10-11pm since a baby.. has been impossible to make him sleep any earlier.. the older they get, the more resistant they are to bedtime..

8pm bedtime is a dream. My baby sleeps at ard 9+ but we'll wake him up for a last feed at 11. He wakes up at abt 7am if i don't wake him. But he gets hungry at night cos i always wake up to see him trying to chew his arm with his eyes closed.

I have an ergo baby but baby's legs don't seem comfortable in it yet so will wait a few months to use it.

hmm.. tot it would be better to train her to sleep earlier else it becomes a habit & difficult to correct next time.. easier to train her to wean off the 430am feed instead?

my elder one sleeps at ard 10-11pm since a baby.. has been impossible to make him sleep any earlier.. the older they get, the more resistant they are to bedtime..
Many ppl told me 6 mths onwards then start? Lol. I also dunno.. but for sure as she grows.. the sleep time definitely will be early. My nieces sleep at 9pm on weekdays and 10pm on weekends. when I start train her. I am just gonna put her to bed everyday at 9pm and lights off. I believe its determination. Lol. Watched many episode of super nanny and use it in my nieces to tame them.

My boy also nap at most 30mins each time in the day. My mum was complaining why he slp so little. He is going 3mo and getting naughtier liAo. Need ppl to carry him to slp. Sob sob

I tried 9.30pm but she wakes up at 4.30am for milk. Faint.. so I go back to 11pm so she can sleep till 7am. But 6 mths onwards I will try again for earlier timing

11pm to 7am is great! How do you train your baby? I tried pushing back my LO's feed time but he ended up waking up around 2am for milk.

I am going to get I-Angel. Been crazy abt this carrier since I was preg. I didn't use carrier till, she is 3 mths plus now but 6mths onwards I am gonna use it!
Heard about the I- Angel too! I like the hip seat. Currently using a Manduca which is quite ok but LO doesn't seem to like being in it when he's awake. He can sleep for up to 2 hrs while in it though, so it's handy for going out.

Wow 8pm to 4/5am is very good! probably explains why he is more wakeful in the day. think we r all envious of u now. hahah.

my boy slept at 9+pm & woke up at 5+am last night. keeping fingers crossed. hope it's not a one off thing. :)
These last 2 days he's been waking up at 3am though he's developed a habit the last few days of sleeping from 5pm till 7+pm (carried in arms) and then again from 8pm after wipe down & feeding. Figured that he may be waking up at 3am as he has slept too much!

Kopibeanie, great to hear that your boy slept from 9 to 5! :) Hoping that mine goes back to waking up at 5am too.

I'm having a "shitty" problem with my LO. Not sure isit the diaper problem or because he wriggle too much. his top and pants often kenna the poo and i have to keep washing. anyone has advice? currently using Drypers wee wee dry S size.

I'm using dryers for both my toddler n baby. So far no leakage problems. I always use it for outing and overnight. Just ensure that the side layers are opened up. Hope it helps :)

JTS, I've a Sinbii hipseat carrier too. it's similar to i-angel. but cheaper. quality is good & comfortable too. comparable to hippychick (the original UK award winning hipseat). but not sure how it compares to i-angel as I haven't tried that before. those with budget can consider. :)

I'm using my manduca now. it wraps ard the baby providing better support. better for younger babies. hipseat carrier will be more suitable for older babies that have good head support & can sit well unsupported. JMHO.

11pm to 7am is great! How do you train your baby? I tried pushing back my LO's feed time but he ended up waking up around 2am for milk.

Actually I didn't train. Lol...

Not bragging but she did it on her own. We realised she sleeps longer and longer after 2 mths. Feeding time at 11pm. At first She will wake up 2am then is 3 hourly... then next few days suddenly 4am.. and then now 7am. So we trial and error and concluded 11pm last feed is the best timing for now. Even she had her milk at 9pm, I will let her take her milk again at 11pm. She is on 3 hrs. Of cos she can't finish cos she is not that hungry. But she still take in and fill up her space in tummy again. Thats what we did ba.

Many ppl told me 6 mths onwards then start? Lol. I also dunno.. but for sure as she grows.. the sleep time definitely will be early. My nieces sleep at 9pm on weekdays and 10pm on weekends. when I start train her. I am just gonna put her to bed everyday at 9pm and lights off. I believe its determination. Lol. Watched many episode of super nanny and use it in my nieces to tame them.

ya. mabbe coz we've been too lax with him. tried switching off all the lights in the hse, close our room door & leave him alone in the living room. but he can still happily continue playing with his toys in the dark! faints!

Actually I didn't train. Lol...

Not bragging but she did it on her own. We realised she sleeps longer and longer after 2 mths. Feeding time at 11pm. At first She will wake up 2am then is 3 hourly... then next few days suddenly 4am.. and then now 7am. So we trial and error and concluded 11pm last feed is the best timing for now. Even she had her milk at 9pm, I will let her take her milk again at 11pm. She is on 3 hrs. Of cos she can't finish cos she is not that hungry. But she still take in and fill up her space in tummy again. Thats what we did ba.

ur gal is a dream baby. wonder when my younger one can sleep thro. hopefully soon.....

my boy still hates tummy time. likes to be carried in a upright sitting position. neck still abit wobbly. but can turn to look left & right when in sitting position. btw, my boy is already 3+mths. think most babies the neck will be totally firm only at ard 4mths.

my boy is also a light sleeper in the day. probably naps abt 20-30mins each time. but sleeps quite well at night. not sleeping thro the night yet thou. feeds at ard 8pm then sleep, then feed again (drink & immediately go back sleep) at ard 12am & 4am, & wakes up & feed again at ard 7am. timing quite good already compared to the elder boy.

Hi kopibeanie, when ur LO wakes up at 12am and 4am, is he drinking FM or BM? If BM, is he latching? My boy only latch one side when he wake up and fall asleep after 15mins

Hi kopibeanie, when ur LO wakes up at 12am and 4am, is he drinking FM or BM? If BM, is he latching? My boy only latch one side when he wake up and fall asleep after 15mins

now he's fully on FM already coz I need to start work soon.

my boy used to fall asleep after latching on 1 side for 10-15mins too. think too tired to suck. then sleep for another 1hr hungry again. so what I did was latch on 1 side, 1hr later latch on other side, 1hr later feed FM (get hb feed so that I can get some rest), 2hr later latch 1 side, 1hr later latch the other side, 1hr later feed FM etc etc thro the night. if FM he will finish all 90-100ml & go back to sleep. used to wake up every 2-3h then stretch longer 3-4h. yesterday night first time sleep 8h in a stretch. hopefully tonight will be the same.

Last edited:
Hi Mummies & Daddies...
I just signed up at the Parenthood Fair for a free digital edition of the Motherhood magazine. Its filled with lots of interesting articles as well as brochures of the upcoming Parenthood fair for the various contests.
Just sign up at http://gift.motherhoodexhibition.sg/ with the Promo Code PHF3 for the free digital magazine now!
Parenthood Fair from 21-23 Nov 2014 11am to 9pm.

I see. I'm gg back to work next mth. Hopefully my baby can wake up only once in the night. Under the pressure by old folks to feed him FM, but I'm trying not to give in yet..

My lo turns 12 weeks this Sunday. If his last feed is 11plus. Without fail he will wake up every 3 hours for milk :( wonder when can he learn to sleep through the nite. I'm soon to be

I'm using dryers for both my toddler n baby. So far no leakage problems. I always use it for outing and overnight. Just ensure that the side layers are opened up. Hope it helps :)

I have tried all means but drypers doesn't work for me. As long as he has explosive poo, sure leak. Now I change to Pampers active baby. The cutting is much better.

My lo turns 12 weeks this Sunday. If his last feed is 11plus. Without fail he will wake up every 3 hours for milk :( wonder when can he learn to sleep through the nite. I'm soon to be

understand how u feel. my elder one was on full FM since 6 weeks. also wake up every 2.5-3h till 6mths (somemore drink finish liao muz carry for 30mins-1h then can put him down), then every 3-4h thereafter. only 1+yo, till now almost 3yo, then feed & sleep at 11pm, wake up feed at 5+am (drink finish liao immediately go back sleep), then wake up at 8am. it was really tough having to work in the day & take care of him at night (plus all the housework & chores). but eventually we got used to it & got brave enough to try for a 2nd one. hahah. some babies are just harder to handle. but juz hang in there. it'll get better. jiayou!

Last edited:
understand how u feel. my elder one was on full FM since 6 weeks. also wake up every 2.5-3h till 6mths (somemore drink finish liao muz carry for 30mins-1h then can put him down), then every 3-4h thereafter. only 1+yo, till now almost 3yo, then feed & sleep at 11pm, wake up feed at 5+am (drink finish liao immediately go back sleep), then wake up at 8am. it was really tough having to work in the day & take care of him at night (plus all the housework & chores). but eventually we got used to it & got brave enough to try for a 2nd one. hahah. some babies are just harder to handle. but juz hang in there. it'll get better. jiayou!
My goodness! Until 1 yo... I have increase my lo's milk from 110ml to 130ml. So lets see if he can sleep longer ;) going back to work in jan, praying hard tat he will be able to slp through by then, otherwise I can't imagine how tiring it would be. Everyday now I feel myself like a cow.. Either busy pumping, latching or bottle feeding. Then again, though it's tiring lah. When the moment my lo flashes me with his smile. All my tiredness are gone! Hehe

My goodness! Until 1 yo... I have increase my lo's milk from 110ml to 130ml. So lets see if he can sleep longer ;) going back to work in jan, praying hard tat he will be able to slp through by then, otherwise I can't imagine how tiring it would be. Everyday now I feel myself like a cow.. Either busy pumping, latching or bottle feeding. Then again, though it's tiring lah. When the moment my lo flashes me with his smile. All my tiredness are gone! Hehe
Can I know how old is ur LO? Cos my LO currently 4wk old already drinkin 80ml to 100ml.. afraid my bm not enough for him later...

She is taking 140 ml per feed(some feeds are less) 4 hourly in the day, night time 1 to 2 feed ard 110 to 120.
total average ard 740ml a day.

my boy was taking 100-120ml/2-3hr, abt 900ml per day, before he caught a very bad cough & blocked nose from my hubby. since then he's been drinking 60-90ml/2.5-3hr, abt 700ml per day. wish he can drink more coz he seems to be losing weight. sigh. but it's so hard to force him to increase his intake coz he's that kind that will stop drinking & push out the teat/ chew on the teat once he's done. so so so unlike my elder one. elder one will finish up the whole bottle no matter how much u give. don't know what is stop when full. will drink all finish liao then puke when overeat. was drinking abt 1500ml last time.

anyway the general guideline is 150-200ml per kg. so if ur baby is 6kg, then he should be taking abt 900-1200ml a day. some babies drink more (like my elder one), some drink less (like younger one). just go according to their appetite. as long they are active, happy & growing well then no worries.

Hey mommies...
My gal is now 3 mth 17days old.. im experiencing postpartum hair loss.. I can see my forehead hairline getting lesser and more hairs are dropping last 2 weeks.. I hope it don't get worst and I will be reporting to work next mth.

Any remedies for me??? SOS....

Hey mommies...
My gal is now 3 mth 17days old.. im experiencing postpartum hair loss.. I can see my forehead hairline getting lesser and more hairs are dropping last 2 weeks.. I hope it don't get worst and I will be reporting to work next mth.

Any remedies for me??? SOS....

I'm also experiencing major hair loss. :( for me, the dropping usually starts when baby is 2-3 mths. previously the dropping only reduced / got back to normal when my elder one is almost 1yo, didn't do anything special. but some of my mummy friends complained that their hair loss didn't stop at all. hopefully the hair loss will return to normal soon this time.

u can try anti-hair loss shampoo/ treatment, essential oil (cedarwood) or salon? got a mummy friend recommend this salon (http://www.beechoohair.com) but I've not tried it yet.

My friend went to beechoo for post partum hair loss and it worked for her. I tried it a few years back for hair loss due to oily scalp and honestly it was not bad. Just gotta remind them to be gentle because they run the salon like a production line so can get quite rough. Usually after i leave i found that more hair had fallen off during their treatment.

Started my son in ifc today and it was quite hard to see him amongst many kids. They are quite happy looking but most of them have got runny noses or cough. I wish i could stay home with him.

Mummies..

Do babies react when they have a fever? My boy took the 5 in 1 yesterday. He was very cranky. Ear and arm pit thermometer no fever but very warm to touch. Gave him panadol then he was ok.

This morning woke up early and kept playing. Very sleepy and warm to touch but couldn't sleep. Latched, dozed off, latched again. But no crying. Again, thermometers showed no fever. I just have panadol after my parents felt him and said he's very warm and he's finally sleeping. Was up from 6am to 2pm.

What cues should I look out for? Don't really want to give him panadol if he's well... But he's so warm to touch and whole day cannot sleep..

Mine behaved the exact same way as well after his 5-in-1. He has no fever but was warm tk touch. I only gave him panadol once. I also used koolpad on him at night. Meanwhile, i just keep latching him. He was super cranky for the next few days and very clingy to me. He also refuses to take his nap. But after a few days of crankiness, he is back to normal. Nothing to worry abt ☺

Mummies..

Do babies react when they have a fever? My boy took the 5 in 1 yesterday. He was very cranky. Ear and arm pit thermometer no fever but very warm to touch. Gave him panadol then he was ok.

This morning woke up early and kept playing. Very sleepy and warm to touch but couldn't sleep. Latched, dozed off, latched again. But no crying. Again, thermometers showed no fever. I just have panadol after my parents felt him and said he's very warm and he's finally sleeping. Was up from 6am to 2pm.

What cues should I look out for? Don't really want to give him panadol if he's well... But he's so warm to touch and whole day cannot sleep..

babies are definitely cranky when they have fever/ not feeling well. I hardly have any rest when my boy is sick.

what's his temp? how come thermometer show no fever but yet very warm to touch? what thermometers u using? usually I try not to give paracetamol when no fever (<37.6 deg). can try sponging instead.

I used Braun ear thermometer and the normal digital one under arm pit.. One thing's for sure, he's not that warm after taking panadol. Should I give him at night then?

I used Braun ear thermometer and the normal digital one under arm pit.. One thing's for sure, he's not that warm after taking panadol. Should I give him at night then?

I see. I also using Braun. shld be quite accurate. what's his temp? I remember my elder one was abt 37.2-37.4 deg after the first shot. technically not yet fever. so managed to get the infant care to accept him. hahha. didn't give him any paracetamol as he was still active/ normal. only sponge him. the temp went off after 2 days.

haven't bring younger one for vaccination yet. hopefully no fever. else can't go infant care. sigh. pray hard.

Next time before jab can give LO a few mouthful of 泡渗 the night before. Don't shower next day. Just wipe and wash backside.

Back