(2014/07) July 2014

Glad to hear that! When is ur next appt? My 1st appt with Dr Tho on 6 Dec. still long time. By then I shld be 8 weeks alry.

Snowyee11, y dont you fix appt earlier? at 1st i fixed it this sat, 23 Nov. but happen that my hb is taking leave yday, i changed my appt to yday and still have slot at 11am.....ya....6 dec seem so near yet so far

my next appt is 19 dec. Dr Tho suggest to see me every 4wks for now.

I read about this as I'm a coffee person. It's better to get instant coffee as brew coffee like those from coffeeshop is much stronger. Else switch to decaf type like what hot chocolate mentioned.

I think not true that instant coffee is better. cos instant coffee sugar content v high. we need to watch our sugar intake. I personally think coffeeshop brew coffee is 'healthier' lol...maybe ask for kopi po & just drink 1/2 cup? ...hehehe...just a suggestion.

I'm a coffee addict... I only sleep about 5 hours a day, so I'm literally suffering and walking about like a zombie cos I try to cut my coffee. And I always need my double-shot latte!
So it's cold turkey for me :(

That being said, I gave in and bought coffee a few times already, but drink only half a cup. Hopefully it will help, haha

Aiyo... 5 hours how you tahan, especially in your current state? Do you have long working hours? Try to sleep more.. your body needs it. And drink more water cos it helps to keep the energy level higher too.

I'm a coffee addict... I only sleep about 5 hours a day, so I'm literally suffering and walking about like a zombie cos I try to cut my coffee. And I always need my double-shot latte!

That being said, I gave in and bought coffee a few times already, but drink only half a cup. Hopefully it will help, haha
I was an addict too. I quit cold turkey as well! The hardest was day 1. Got headache and was so sleepy. But it got better after that. After that I bought Nescafé gold decaf. They use Swiss water method which is better.

Any mummies planning to go for natural birth here? Anyone heard of hypnobirthing?

Me, I plan for a natural birth. best w/o epidural. However, im not sure about my pain threshold.

Hypnobirthing - I read someone, you have to engage a doula as well. if you don't wanna engage, I think NUH does have hypnobirthing.

Me, I plan for a natural birth. best w/o epidural. However, im not sure about my pain threshold.

Hypnobirthing - I read someone, you have to engage a doula as well. if you don't wanna engage, I think NUH does have hypnobirthing.

No, it's not necessary to engage a doula, though if you can afford it, it's really nice to have someone by your side who knows what she is doing to provide you with support and to advocate for you if necessary. You just need to go through hypnobirthing classes. You can check out www.fourtrimesters.com and www.childbirthodyssey.com. I did hypnobirthing for my #1 and I recommend this highly!

No, it's not necessary to engage a doula, though if you can afford it, it's really nice to have someone by your side who knows what she is doing to provide you with support and to advocate for you if necessary. You just need to go through hypnobirthing classes. You can check out www.fourtrimesters.com and www.childbirthodyssey.com. I did hypnobirthing for my #1 and I recommend this highly!
wats the cost like for hypnobirth?

I can't remember.. maybe $2K+ for classes? I went to Ginny of fourtrimesters for hypnobirthing classes. She is the more well established one.. childbirthodyssey wasn't around yet, but I met Yen from childbirthodyssey recently and I believe she is capable and passionate about her work too. I'm not sure about her charges so maybe you can enquire. Even though the classes are pricey, I would rather pay that amount of money to have an easy and short birth than to go through hours of suffering which you sometimes hear about. The baby benefits too!

I was an addict too. I quit cold turkey as well! The hardest was day 1. Got headache and was so sleepy. But it got better after that. After that I bought Nescafé gold decaf. They use Swiss water method which is better.

I quit coffee cols turkey too. My ms gets worse after kopi. So i just assume that bb doesnt like it. Switched to milo, horlicks since

I make my 1st appointment with Dr. Benjamine Tham of TMC.

seem like a lot of TMC mummies here... maybe we shld plan fer a hospital tour tgt.. LOL

Any mummies planning to go for natural birth here? Anyone heard of hypnobirthing?

Mrsgg, i read about hyponobirthing...seems pretty interesting! you did it? wow. you are e 1st person i know who does that. so you will try again this round too?

my no1 was natural w/o epidural. i think i will want natural w/o epidural again. old folks say, 1st preg 6hrs, 2nd preg timing might cut 1/2...i hope so :)

Mrsgg, i read about hyponobirthing...seems pretty interesting! you did it? wow. you are e 1st person i know who does that. so you will try again this round too?

my no1 was natural w/o epidural. i think i will want natural w/o epidural again. old folks say, 1st preg 6hrs, 2nd preg timing might cut 1/2...i hope so :)

Definitely! Will probably not attend classes again and just listen to the hypnobirthing cds (provided with the classes), but I think those should be good enough. I am a total fan of hypnobirthing. I only spent 2 hours in the delivery room, and while it was uncomfortable, it was bearable... and only the last half hour was very intense for me. The nurses commented I was the calmest mum they have ever seen. Thanks to hypnobirthing! So for those of you planning to birth without drugs but not sure if you can withstand the pain... go for hypnobirthing! Super good investment.. you won't regret it.

How about Tea? At present i have two cups of tea a day..the smaller cup and saucer type of cups.

What about GONG CHA! Ooh I crave for it sometimes!!!love their cranberry black tea with pearls!! OOh yummy!

Aiyo... 5 hours how you tahan, especially in your current state? Do you have long working hours? Try to sleep more.. your body needs it. And drink more water cos it helps to keep the energy level higher too.

Thanks Mrsgg :)
Bobian for now, cos my girl @ mum's place, so I go there every day, and will only leave after she sleeps.
But she is going CC in Dec, another different phase of my life

Haha me too. Sometimes still buy the coffee from the coffeeshop but drink maybe 1/2. The aroma is different from the instant loh. If don't drink I will get headache.

Hi Ladies, here to join the growing group! This is no. 2 and doc has just cfm it's 6w1d. EDD 16 Jul.
For the first time mums, it must be a very exciting experience! Even for second timers like myself, it still feels new and strange.
What I do not look forward to should be the MS...I had really bad MS in my first pregnancy that lasted thru' delivery...the unmistakable queasiness was what made me realised i was pregnant! So it is back and I only hope it will be manageable. Whatever it is, keep positive! I know I will try my best!

H
Hi Ladies, here to join the growing group! This is no. 2 and doc has just cfm it's 6w1d. EDD 16 Jul.
For the first time mums, it must be a very exciting experience! Even for second timers like myself, it still feels new and strange.
What I do not look forward to should be the MS...I had really bad MS in my first pregnancy that lasted thru' delivery...the unmistakable queasiness was what made me realised i was pregnant! So it is back and I only hope it will be manageable. Whatever it is, keep positive! I know I will try my best!

Hello babe my EDD is 15 july :)

hello ladies, just found out last thurs that i am 7 weeks along. :) EDD is 7/7/14. :) gonna be my first child. can i ask does MS stands for motion sickness? previously i already had it. but with the baby, seems like it became much worse. any instant remedies? and anybody giving birth at kkh??

Welcome dreylan and congrats! MS stands for morning sickness, which can include motion sickness as one of the symptoms. Not sure about remedies though. I'm giving birth at TMC. :)

hello ladies, just found out last thurs that i am 7 weeks along. :) EDD is 7/7/14. :) gonna be my first child. can i ask does MS stands for motion sickness? previously i already had it. but with the baby, seems like it became much worse. any instant remedies? and anybody giving birth at kkh??

Hi dreylan, congrats!
I'll be delivering in kkh.. edd 4 July...
u at kkh too?

To new mummies who just joined, there is a secret FB group for mummies with EDD July 2014. You can PM me or any mummies already in the group your email add to join. Just note that some mummies don't seem to get direct notifications from FB about the invite and also experience time lag for the email notification to arrive. So just be patient if this happens to you, and when you get the email notification, you can access the group from there. :)

ya, how come u sleep only 5 hours?!?!

PM me to join too....will be happy to add you
It's alot easier to chat there..erm i mean graphical wise...here is all text and it's a bit straining to eyes

Hihi,here to join you mummies! 8weeks today and its my 2nd child due on 5july. DD is 46months now n she is very excited gg to be a sister. CAN add me to FB group too, my email [email protected]

Thanks

Dear mummies to be! Finally registered and glad to know everyone better :)
I am reaching Week 8 and looking forward to 2nd appt on 29/11
I am with Dr Benjamin Tham at TMC and I think I saw 2 mummies here also with the same gynae heehee
EDD 4th July

First pregnancy and über excited. Having MS but still bearable. Probably once every 2 days but my appetite increase a lot. A little scary. I kind of eat a meal every 2 hours gulps

Oh ya I would love to be part of the fb group
Can add me at [email protected]?

letty10, someone else has invited you to the group. Mr&MrsNails, I just invited you.

I haven't gotten MS yet and my appetite seems increased too. This week I had 2 double-portion dinners. Hopefully can keep my weight gain under control during this pregnancy cos already 7 kg overweight to begin with. But I intend to bf as long as possible so if can lose baby weight AND more, that would be excellent! :D

Hello!!! I'm new! Just found out today! Can add me into the FB group too? [email protected]
Will be visiting my gynae tomorrow! OMG so excited! I forgot when is my LMP but mine should be a End July baby!

Recently my number 1 has been biting his toes, and latching more than usual and sleeping on me. I thought its his teething problem but now I think perhaps he knows before me!

Oh and Littledotty! Are you from the May 2012 thread too?

Last edited:
Hi everybody!

I went to the gynae just yesterday after a string of 5 pregnancy tests that gave confusing results (positive, then negative, then positive...) maybe I am just bad at peeing on a stick! Anyway, my regular gynae is on leave so I went to another gynae.

She was doing the scan, and she said that I was 6 weeks 4 days, am measuring about a week smaller than I should be. And then, she said... Oh wait I see one more yolk sac... My husband and I were like... 0.o?!

So, we MIGHT be having twins(#2 & #3?), but not sure yet, pending confirmation from next visit.

Could you add me into the fb group? [email protected]

Thanks!! :)

Hello!!! I'm new! Just found out today! Can add me into the FB group too? [email protected]
Will be visiting my gynae tomorrow! OMG so excited! I forgot when is my LMP but mine should be a End July baby!

Recently my number 1 has been biting his toes, and latching more than usual and sleeping on me. I thought its his teething problem but now I think perhaps he knows before me!

Oh and Littledotty! Are you from the May 2012 thread too?

Yes yes!! Ayana, I am from 2012 May 2012.. :) My edd should be 6 Jul..

Yeah some mummies experience time lag in receiving the email notification... just wait for it to come and make sure you monitor your spam folder too.

Hi everyone ! Congrats to all mtb !
I went to kkh 24hrs clinic for drip and im feeling much better now.
My Edd is 07/07/14
Can see baby heartbeat and im 7weeks plus now :)

Back