(2014/07) July 2014

Hi all, I just tested BFP today after missing my period for 4 days. According to BabyCenter's pregnancy due date calculator, my EDD is 18 July. My #1 already 7 years old liao... huge age gap! Now deciding whether to go to my previous gynae or try new one. Happy to know all new and experienced mummies here!

Congrats and welcome

I am also interested in prenatal yoga. Please count me in.

There is a yoga studio near where I stay at Yan Kit Road (near Tanjong Pagar MRT). The Yoga Shala. I have contacted the lady Daisy months ago to enquire (so kiasu huh!) and she said that after the 1st trimester, can come for prenatal yoga at the studio. Can't remember the fees though. I have been to the studio. It's a nice place, and of cos, the biggest benefit is that it's near where I stay. Daisy is pretty nice too. Unless I find better options, I will probably do my prenatal yoga there. Hey hey... if any July mummies here are keen as well, we can do the classes together! :)

have everyone started on milk intake already? any brands that is more tasty? My 1st preg i force myself to finish 1 tin of similac mum...but yuckz. not nice to drink at all. but i dont have ms, etc. so i could still survive thru that yucky tin of milk.

this preg seems different from 1st. I seem no appetite and have e carsick feeling also. *touchwood* hope no ms too. And, a bit lost wat to eat or drink. seem no interest in food. any suggestions pls?

I tried chocolate flavour of annmum and hL milk both ok. I getting samples from previously preg gfs to try out. Hope can find my fav brand soon.

I hv also lose my interest in food. Everything taste terrible and different. I was previously a v big eater going for buffets monthly. Haaa so i just take this as a way to lose weight for my wedding.

There is a yoga studio near where I stay at Yan Kit Road (near Tanjong Pagar MRT). The Yoga Shala. I have contacted the lady Daisy months ago to enquire (so kiasu huh!) and she said that after the 1st trimester, can come for prenatal yoga at the studio. Can't remember the fees though. I have been to the studio. It's a nice place, and of cos, the biggest benefit is that it's near where I stay. Daisy is pretty nice too. Unless I find better options, I will probably do my prenatal yoga there. Hey hey... if any July mummies here are keen as well, we can do the classes together! :)

That is near my office! Do they offer trail classes?

I tried chocolate flavour of annmum and hL milk both ok. I getting samples from previously preg gfs to try out. Hope can find my fav brand soon.

I hv also lose my interest in food. Everything taste terrible and different. I was previously a v big eater going for buffets monthly. Haaa so i just take this as a way to lose weight for my wedding.

Someone posted about prenatal milk not being that necessary and leading to excess weight gain (sorry I just read through the posts in this thread today and can't keep track of who said what). I think a better alternative is to take prenatal supplements instead. I wanna recommend Nature's Plus Source of Life! It's in liquid form and is super delicious... like i'm pretty sure that when or if my MS comes in, I'll still able to take this supplement cos it tastes that good! You can order it more cheaply at iHerb.com! You can also read other pple's reviews on this brand there... all very good!

Actually i also hate to drink those pretenal milk. I rem i forced myself to finish 1 tin. Even it was choc fav, but still can't stand the milky powdery feeling. Glad to know it was not necessary from mummies here, think i will juz take the normal packet milk.

Someone posted about prenatal milk not being that necessary and leading to excess weight gain (sorry I just read through the posts in this thread today and can't keep track of who said what). I think a better alternative is to take prenatal supplements instead. I wanna recommend Nature's Plus Source of Life! It's in liquid form and is super delicious... like i'm pretty sure that when or if my MS comes in, I'll still able to take this supplement cos it tastes that good! You can order it more cheaply at iHerb.com! You can also read other pple's reviews on this brand there... all very good!

me me me!!!! *waves*
i put on alot having consumed several packets of those maternity milk!! dont be fooled by posters and ads!

Actually i also hate to drink those pretenal milk. I rem i forced myself to finish 1 tin. Even it was choc fav, but still can't stand the milky powdery feeling. Glad to know it was not necessary from mummies here, think i will juz take the normal packet milk.

Seems like most don't like milk, I love all kinds of milk! Haha think I'll go buy 2 one-litre packs (2 packs can only last me 2 days...) later since prenatal milk isn't necessary :p Hope no diarrhoea!

And congrats and warm welcome to @mrsgg : according to online IVF due date calculator, my EDD is 18 or 19 July too, depending on if I input the egg retrieval date or transfer date :p Oh glad to know I'm not the only one reading up on cloth diapering hehe.

@beanny : My boobs are fuller and sore too, but I already have rather substance-full boobs to begin with and under loose dresses they're not too obvious (yet) :) I feel it's more painful when I turned to my left or right after lying flat for some hours sleeping.

Hi mummies,
I'm pregnant wiz #2 & my #1 is a boy who is going 2.5yrs old soon..

Went to my gynae last thu for a scan & was very happy to see my bb's heartbeat at 6w1d as I had a MC in feb due bb no heartbeat.. My edd is on 09 jul 14.

Crystal clouds, r u from jul11 too??

which one babe?

http://www.iherb.com/search?kw=Nature's+Plus+Source+of+Life&x=8&y=10#p=1

Hi mummies,

Went to my gynae last thu for a scan & was very happy to see my bb's heartbeat at 6w1d as I had a MC in feb due bob no heartbeat.. My edd is on 09 jul 14.

im!! are you someone i know? *excited*

Hi mummies,

Went to my gynae last thu for a scan & was very happy to see my bb's heartbeat at 6w1d as I had a MC in feb due bb no heartbeat.. My edd is on 09 jul 14.

Congrats!!! Can't be better to hear the heartbeat! :)

Seems like most don't like milk, I love all kinds of milk! Haha think I'll go buy 2 one-litre packs (2 packs can only last me 2 days...) later since prenatal milk isn't necessary :p Hope no diarrhoea!

And congrats and warm welcome to @mrsgg : according to online IVF due date calculator, my EDD is 18 or 19 July too, depending on if I input the egg retrieval date or transfer date :p Oh glad to know I'm not the only one reading up on cloth diapering hehe.

@beanny : My boobs are fuller and sore too, but I already have rather substance-full boobs to begin with and under loose dresses they're not too obvious (yet) :) I feel it's more painful when I turned to my left or right after lying flat for some hours sleeping.

Actually months ago I already placed an order with Sunbaby for their diapers (those who are following my posts in this thread here will prob think i'm a bit kiasu if not nuts, doing so many things before I'm even preggie. Haha... ) and even though I know I wanna use modern cloth diapers, I am still quite blur about how to strip/wash them and stuff like that. If you have any tips, please share. :)

Hello all mummies... I just tested positive yesterday and upon triple confirm, i am more than 5 weeks pregnant!

This is my first pregnancy though and using the app by baby center, my edd is 16 July. Not sure how accurate is the app calculation.
I have not seen any gynae at the moment, still trying to get recommendations from friends.

Thanks mrsgg! Congrats to you as wel!

Is this your first pregnancy? I am kind of excited but worried at the same time because my appetite has been affected. Last week I was on business trip to Europe and I threw up throughout the journey from SG and back to SG. Reach SG on saturday night and tested on sunday morning.

Till now, I still do not have to appetite at all. Am not sure if it is the jetlag or the baby...

congrats! we have more new comers now :)

congrats mrsgg....i thought ur name seems familiar. saw quite a few of ur postings in ttc horse baby :) welcome!

Thanks mrsgg! Congrats to you as wel!

Is this your first pregnancy? I am kind of excited but worried at the same time because my appetite has been affected. Last week I was on business trip to Europe and I threw up throughout the journey from SG and back to SG. Reach SG on saturday night and tested on sunday morning.

Till now, I still do not have to appetite at all. Am not sure if it is the jetlag or the baby...

This is my 2nd. My #1 is already 7...ho ho... but on the plus side, he is ready for a younger sibling and keeps asking me when his little sis is coming. Haha... so i'm counting on him to help out with baby duties, or at the very least, help to entertain the baby in future. :)

Hmmm... could be MS. Remember to snack regularly on healthy stuff cos that helps with MS. Take care!

friend say Unity buy Folic Acid is cheap can go there get instead of from your gynae or where.

Yup.. I got my folic acid from there too. Indeed very cheap. Actually I have 1 month plus supply of 5 mg folic acid to give away cos I'm going to switch over to my prenatal supplements. If anyone is interested, PM me.

Mrsgg not Mrsng. Yes I remember you from the thread too... yay to both of us! Haha...
Paiseh, my eyes no good. Type ur nick wrongly. Haha

Paiseh, my eyes no good. Type ur nick wrongly. Haha

Haha... no worries... I'm glad that we have both graduated from the TTC thread. :)

This is my 2nd. My #1 is already 7...ho ho... but on the plus side, he is ready for a younger sibling and keeps asking me when his little sis is coming. Haha... so i'm counting on him to help out with baby duties, or at the very least, help to entertain the baby in future. :)

Hmmm... could be MS. Remember to snack regularly on healthy stuff cos that helps with MS. Take care!

That is nice! Having a big brother to take care of the little one. Very sweet siblings love they got there...

I thought MS will only kicks in 7 weeks? If MS is too bad, I am not sure if my boss allows me to work from home then. :(
Last night I felt acute pain near gastric area when i turn to sleep on my left. Is this normal?

That is nice! Having a big brother to take care of the little one. Very sweet siblings love they got there...

I thought MS will only kicks in 7 weeks? If MS is too bad, I am not sure if my boss allows me to work from home then. :(
Last night I felt acute pain near gastric area when i turn to sleep on my left. Is this normal?

It really vary from case to case. I have even heard of kua1 zhang1 cases where MS is experienced the day after conception. :eek:

I don't know about the acute pain but if anything worries you, please consult a doc for professional advice and also peace of mind.

have everyone started on milk intake already? any brands that is more tasty? My 1st preg i force myself to finish 1 tin of similac mum...but yuckz. not nice to drink at all. but i dont have ms, etc. so i could still survive thru that yucky tin of milk.

this preg seems different from 1st. I seem no appetite and have e carsick feeling also. *touchwood* hope no ms too. And, a bit lost wat to eat or drink. seem no interest in food. any suggestions pls?

I was about to ask this question also. I also have not been drinking and kana nagged by hubby. I read somewhere that A brand S series milk is more of fats inside. comparing to A brand, it gives us more calcium than fats.. dont knw how true. Have to wait to ask for gynae for advice.

My hubby got me fresh milk yesterday the moment we know about the good news.
Do we have to take formula milk? I really hate formula milk though.

I only drank Anlene high calcium milk during my first pregnancy... cos I refused to take the calcium pills given by gynae, felt it gave me constipation.

I did drink Annum towards the end of my pregnancy, but felt it made me put on lots of weight.

This time round, probably Anlene all the way too :)

I only drank Anlene high calcium milk during my first pregnancy... cos I refused to take the calcium pills given by gynae, felt it gave me constipation.

I did drink Annum towards the end of my pregnancy, but felt it made me put on lots of weight.

This time round, probably Anlene all the way too :)

Anlene got many versions. Which one????

Hi mommies,

I am 6w2d preggie. My #1 . currently do not have any ms. but keep going toilet min 2-3times a day. whole body aching and also feeling cold easily.

went for first appt and going sec appt next week .

My most obvious sign are my big boobs :S They are big and sore now... my colleague commented I look "bigger"

Other than that, still no other bad symptoms... crossing fingers!

So fast? Your genes so good.. mine no difference except high sensitivity. lol
U shud have no problem with milk supply after birth.

I also keen for prenatal yoga, i actually just picked up yoga near my plc. but i think i need to skip it and look for prenatal ones.
super waste $$ on registration and course fee. zzzz

Back