(2014/07) July 2014

waves to crystal_cloud - hihi, your situation is almost the same as mine!

This was a so-called "accident" too, but of course, it's a happy "accident" which we should all embrace as it's a blessing.
My girl is also coming 2.5yrs old end Dec.

I'll only be due for my first scan 27th Nov... hope all will be well!

hi beanny,
to be frank, i actually wanted to stop at one..and i felt abit depressed when i found out im preg.
now still trying to tell myself i should take it as a blessing.

u booked appt at gynae already ah? im currently in my 6th weeks of preg...

and i forgotten what is the usual milk feeding timing for infant!! i remembering reading lotsa gina ford books but now seems like all forgotten..haha kinda nervous

Hi Tinkerstars,
i also Pmed you ( i clicked on 'start a conversation' with you)> is this correct? its been donkey years since i last stepped into this SG motherhood forum.
seems that they changed the icons.

Hi Tinkerstars,
i also Pmed you ( i clicked on 'start a conversation' with you)> is this correct? its been donkey years since i last stepped into this SG motherhood forum.
seems that they changed the icons.

Yes got it! i have the same feeling as you. Totally clueless when i start SG motherhood again last week

Mine also.. was ok previously. But feel like got the carsick type of feeling ....

Ya. Carsick type of feeling... really really dread when it gets worse by the weeks.
I look at the calendar... my 2nd tri should start early Jan. Hope with all the festive celebrations, time flies!!!!!

Ya. Carsick type of feeling... really really dread when it gets worse by the weeks.
I look at the calendar... my 2nd tri should start early Jan. Hope with all the festive celebrations, time flies!!!!!
Mine will start before xmas! So i hope i can enjoy all the festive celebrations!

anyone experienced frequent urination at night? i can get up 4-5 times to pee at night and its really very tiring. can't have a proper rest T_T

Jessica Wu,
which weeks are you in?
usually MS will kick in 7-9th week...hang in there because once you reached 2nd trimester, the nauseas feeling will go!

Hi, Currently now I think is 5th weeks. When my 1st pregnacy, I having ms till 5th month. Can go crazy, if is start all over again. After 7th mth, having early contracting & high bp so been in and out of hospital till 37weeks. So I hope this will be smooth one.

Hi, Currently now I think is 5th weeks. When my 1st pregnacy, I having ms till 5th month. Can go crazy, if is start all over again. After 7th mth, having early contracting & high bp so been in and out of hospital till 37weeks. So I hope this will be smooth one.

They says every pregnancy is different - hope this round is better journey for u. jiayouz

Docs at Nuh...Did some reasearch on them....
http://www.nuhgynae.com.sg/cos/o.x?c=/wbn/pagetree&func=view&rid=1039630

1 Dr Mary Rauff very popular. Difficult to get closer date appointment.. if in rush you may choose others. her rates are higher as she is senior Doc.
2. Dr Su Lin Lin: good reviews. Friendly doctor. Cheaper rates. does not push you for extra blood tests and scans...( one mummy said not sure what that means)
3. Dr Biswas: Senior Doc. Good with antenatal scan etc.. if you have twins, or are a older mum 35 plus.. he is recommended.He belongs to old school where docs speak less and doctors orders must be followed.

Cannot find more info on others searching....

I cannot tahan sugary stuff. My hubby baked cupcakes yesterday... i almost gagged with the first bite. After the proluton i have big time nausea...phew!

I'm only 5weeks only too. To me distance is impt coz I'm lazy to travel so far every month. Lol. Lazy mummy. Haha.

Maybeu can try muuh first then decide later.

@tinkerstars yea man playdate! Looking forward to it..hehe

I'm lazy too, everytime also cab there cab back hehe :p But if morning appointment then sure kena jam. I've to follow-up with NUH till 12 weeks & hopefully by then I'll already have a gynae in mind. :)

Yay! Yishun mummies united lol

anyone experienced frequent urination at night? i can get up 4-5 times to pee at night and its really very tiring. can't have a proper rest T_T

hi dear,
mother nature is training you for the new upcoming role!
when baby is born, u will wake up even more often than that 4-5 times ...

congrats to beanny (my scan also on 27 Nov), crystal cloud & hot choc :p

tinkerstars & Sunshine: I don't have morning sickness yet, just on-off slight nausea that doesn't do more than make me gag & cough to force the weird feeling down. I'm due for my next dose of Proluton tomorrow, so not looking forward to it......... :x

mapleleaf: i believe its the milk. it happens to me too when i drank early in the morning. when i stop taking, then its gone. maybe try to take milk and see how. can substitute with soya milk?

I tried without milk yesterday and true enough, no diarrhoea! :x I hope the lactose-intolerance doesn't continue cos I L.O.V.E milk!

Morning! Woke up feeling hungry in the middle of the night. But not much appetite this morning.

What do u girls do if u feel hungry in the middle of the night?

I am usually too sleepy to wake up until 6+am then I'll breeze into the toilet to pee lol

I'm beginning to find milo & holicks yucky...

have everyone started on milk intake already? any brands that is more tasty? My 1st preg i force myself to finish 1 tin of similac mum...but yuckz. not nice to drink at all. but i dont have ms, etc. so i could still survive thru that yucky tin of milk.

this preg seems different from 1st. I seem no appetite and have e carsick feeling also. *touchwood* hope no ms too. And, a bit lost wat to eat or drink. seem no interest in food. any suggestions pls?

I tried without milk yesterday and true enough, no diarrhoea! :x I hope the lactose-intolerance doesn't continue cos I L.O.V.E milk!
mabbie can try drinking after lunch. try 1/2 cup or so. if really cannot, then soya milk is another good alternative :)

have everyone started on milk intake already? any brands that is more tasty? My 1st preg i force myself to finish 1 tin of similac mum...but yuckz. not nice to drink at all. but i dont have ms, etc. so i could still survive thru that yucky tin of milk.

this preg seems different from 1st. I seem no appetite and have e carsick feeling also. *touchwood* hope no ms too. And, a bit lost wat to eat or drink. seem no interest in food. any suggestions pls?

babe, last time when i was preg with #1, i drank 2 full pack of anmum, and then finished 1 can of similac mom..
then went for some prenatal course and found out from the trainer that actually there is no need for that extra kg from these milk for moms..
the added vitamins are the selling points for such milk and any normal fresh milk is good enough!
no wonder i put on about 17kg! even though i did not snack on junk food or eat normally!!!!

this round, just yesterday, my hubby asked if i wana drink anmum and he wanted to reach out for it on the shelf...i told him NO!

same here, all food taste bland to me now. tongue got problem, can't taste food well now. haiz, eat what also de same. yet will feel hungry from times to times so like eat for the sake of eating. just eat as per normal to get the nutritions needed for body. avoid raw food and half-cooked food, the rest everything also can eat in moderate. (that what gynae says)

same here, all food taste bland to me now. tongue got problem, can't taste food well now. haiz, eat what also de same. yet will feel hungry from times to times so like eat for the sake of eating. just eat as per normal to get the nutritions needed for body. avoid raw food and half-cooked food, the rest everything also can eat in moderate. (that what gynae says)

2nd pregnancy i more slack...this morning just gulped down half cup of coffee!
previously for my first preg, i stopped immediately!

babe, last time when i was preg with #1, i drank 2 full pack of anmum, and then finished 1 can of similac mom..
then went for some prenatal course and found out from the trainer that actually there is no need for that extra kg from these milk for moms..
the added vitamins are the selling points for such milk and any normal fresh milk is good enough!
no wonder i put on about 17kg! even though i did not snack on junk food or eat normally!!!!

this round, just yesterday, my hubby asked if i wana drink anmum and he wanted to reach out for it on the shelf...i told him NO!

Crystal_cloud - hahaha...ya! I think I did hear about it. there is no need for milk stuff....no wonder i put on 18kgs e previous round.....lol

but somehow, after delivery, i feel like my body no calcium leh. so i kind of wonder iszit during preg my calcium intake not enough.

Davon - for me, its opposite. I suddenly prefer bland stuff. tongue like become v active. wat i eat i also find it too sweet, too salty or too spicy n i suddenly dont like....ya...really eating for e sake of eating. no mood for any food now, thou i still feel hungry at times.

Crystal_cloud - hahaha...ya! I think I did hear about it. there is no need for milk stuff....no wonder i put on 18kgs e previous round.....lol

but somehow, after delivery, i feel like my body no calcium leh. so i kind of wonder iszit during preg my calcium intake not enough.

Davon,
my gf gulped down 1 tall packet of freshmilk during office hr EVERYDAY!
she is doing fine and her son is soooooo handsome!! gona be like her this round..and a strict NONO to those anmums!!

lunch time soon liao~ going to pyscho my colleagues no subway (veggies raw) haha without making them suspicious. haha

Davon - for me, its opposite. I suddenly prefer bland stuff. tongue like become v active. wat i eat i also find it too sweet, too salty or too spicy n i suddenly dont like....ya...really eating for e sake of eating. no mood for any food now, thou i still feel hungry at times.

its the hormones issue...zzzz.....

I'm perpetually so hungry and if I don't eat, I get queasy. And yet, not much appetite at the same time. Sigh... The hunger strikes super suddenly too!!

lunch time soon liao~ going to pyscho my colleagues no subway (veggies raw) haha without making them suspicious. haha
I just came back from lunch. Also trying not to make my colleagues suspicious.
Halfway eating just now lost appetite. But managed to slowly finish my food. *phew*

just back from lunch, looks like 2nd preg cannot hide v long. e moment my friend saw me, she got those suspicious look. and after 15mins (think she buey tahan le) finally ask if i m preg....lol

fish slice bee hoon soup is my friend now! had a gd lunch just now. finally i find e taste i prefer :) hope can maintain this diet. then i wont put on too much weight....hehehe

I just came back from lunch. Also trying not to make my colleagues suspicious.
Halfway eating just now lost appetite. But managed to slowly finish my food. *phew*

I had lunch with husband so thankfully don't face that problem haha. Yeah I lost appetite too and tried my best to finish food...

wish that my taste bud will return soon...its awful if u eat chicken rice and it tastes like u drink plain water. now treat me sharkfin seafood is waste $$$!

Hi all, I just tested BFP today after missing my period for 4 days. According to BabyCenter's pregnancy due date calculator, my EDD is 18 July. My #1 already 7 years old liao... huge age gap! Now deciding whether to go to my previous gynae or try new one. Happy to know all new and experienced mummies here!

just back from lunch, looks like 2nd preg cannot hide v long. e moment my friend saw me, she got those suspicious look. and after 15mins (think she buey tahan le) finally ask if i m preg....lol

fish slice bee hoon soup is my friend now! had a gd lunch just now. finally i find e taste i prefer :) hope can maintain this diet. then i wont put on too much weight....hehehe

My most obvious sign are my big boobs :S They are big and sore now... my colleague commented I look "bigger"

Other than that, still no other bad symptoms... crossing fingers!

Hi all, I just tested BFP today after missing my period for 4 days. According to BabyCenter's pregnancy due date calculator, my EDD is 18 July. My #1 already 7 years old liao... huge age gap! Now deciding whether to go to my previous gynae or try new one. Happy to know all new and experienced mummies here!

wow welcome!
gota start becoming a 'new mom' all over again like me!!!

i wana go jogging today after work!
im actually quite sad i cant go for those 10km runs anymore because it is a new found hobby and i have been jogging 3 times a week to lose weight.
i lost 4kg in 1 month since Oct and now i 'strike the jackpot' :(
gona get fat again!! sighhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Yes seriously... hehe... now I'm not even sure where to begin reading up on! A few months back I was doing my mothercare and babycare research cos I was in baby mood, so I read on baby-led weaning, modern cloth diapering, etc. Now that i'm finally preggie, wonder what I should I start researching on. Hey anyone here heard of BabyPlus? That's something I wanna look into.

i wana go jogging today after work!
im actually quite sad i cant go for those 10km runs anymore because it is a new found hobby and i have been jogging 3 times a week to lose weight.
i lost 4kg in 1 month since Oct and now i 'strike the jackpot' :(
gona get fat again!! sighhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Crystal_cloud, don't fret, there are many other sports suitable for preggie women, such as walking, swimming and yoga. I heard a very encouraging story of how a preggie lady did yoga, and she was already overweight, and cos of her yoga, she only put on the minimal amount of weight during her pregnancy. So cool huh... I think i'm gonna try prenatal yoga too, cos i'm sadly on the overweight side. Already look like i'm 5 months pregnant. Hahha...

Back