(2014/05) May 2014

Clumsybabe... sorry to hear baby lost voice. Huggies. Must be so heartbreaking for you. But since doc cannot find anything wrong at the moment, just care for baby the best way you can if it means for now baby sleeps same room as you so you can hear the cries? Also if you are giving bm, am sure baby will get well quickly cos bm can help to heal the vocal cords fast... Huggies again. Come in here anytime to talk to us or on fb... We are here to support you.

My hubby also not keen to get helper at first. But now we have had one for 1 mth already and it's really invaluable help. So far my helper seems to be hard working and cares for baby well. She is learning quickly from my CL. In the long run having a helper is cheaper than sending my #2 to infant care since I am ftwm and my parents and in laws are not available to help to take care...

My bb is 20days. He was admitted for phototherapy last Monday and just discharged on last Thursday. But these 2days seem very yellow again. He is latching and drinking well but these 2days also hv difficulty pooping and farting....bloated tummy
My pd told us after 14 days don't need to sun or phototherapy anymore.. If you're worried send him to see pd to have him checked? Jaundice spike is no joke.. If it's too high might result in serious case.. Brain damage.

Thanks mummies for your kind words and consoling me, really appreciate each one of them.

I felt helpless with bb cry no sound, and pd also mentioned try not to let her cry too much. Which means it's constant supervision for bb, I feel so drained and helpless. After ystd's emo episode I felt better now, I hope I don't spiral downwards and become post-natal blues. Like some mummies here, my temper also became worst with my #1. After scold her I felt so sorry that I did.

My hubby also not keen to get helper at first. But now we have had one for 1 mth already and it's really invaluable help. So far my helper seems to be hard working and cares for baby well. She is learning quickly from my CL. In the long run having a helper is cheaper than sending my #2 to infant care since I am ftwm and my parents and in laws are not available to help to take care...
I rem we got our helper ard the same time. Happy for you that you have found a great help. Mine is hopeless. I may be sending her back while waiting for the transfer. rather have no helper than have one that drives the whole family up the wall.

I rem we got our helper ard the same time. Happy for you that you have found a great help. Mine is hopeless. I may be sending her back while waiting for the transfer. rather have no helper than have one that drives the whole family up the wall.
Lilacz what happened to yours? From Philippines or Indonesia? If u stay West side I can recommend my maid agency to you... thanks to their recommendation that I got this helper. However it's still early days yet... fingers crossed she won't chut pattern as she gets more familiar.

urs frm where? Mine from Myanmar. This past month me and my in laws have been repeating and repeating things and she just dont learn. She doesnt know how to care for my baby and doesnt know how to cook...didnt relief much of our daily life..only know how to put clothes in machine, wash plates wash milk bottles. Rest of the time she is sitting around...staring at us, staring at my baby. Told her umpteen times do not sit beside baby and stare at him cuz he will get use to having someone by his side all the time...the moment he moves only she started carrying him, makes him cultivate this bad habit of wanting ppl to carry all the time...i cant monitor her everytime cuz i need to rest in the day time as i care for bb by myself at night. She doesnt know how to care for baby as well, when he cries just force him to take pacifier, change diaper though not wet, carry him and shake him(urgh!). She will not find things to do, or clean the hse herself... she does things only when u point out to her. U point window 1 she only cleans window 1, wont clean all the windows. She's already so free, yet she does a lousy cleaning job, just wana finish fast and sit down again. i get stressed up thinking of chores for her.

Dont think wana change agency, got to pay the agency fees all over again.

urs frm where? Mine from Myanmar. This past month me and my in laws have been repeating and repeating things and she just dont learn. She doesnt know how to care for my baby and doesnt know how to cook...didnt relief much of our daily life..only know how to put clothes in machine, wash plates wash milk bottles. Rest of the time she is sitting around...staring at us, staring at my baby. Told her umpteen times do not sit beside baby and stare at him cuz he will get use to having someone by his side all the time...the moment he moves only she started carrying him, makes him cultivate this bad habit of wanting ppl to carry all the time...i cant monitor her everytime cuz i need to rest in the day time as i care for bb by myself at night. She doesnt know how to care for baby as well, when he cries just force him to take pacifier, change diaper though not wet, carry him and shake him(urgh!). She will not find things to do, or clean the hse herself... she does things only when u point out to her. U point window 1 she only cleans window 1, wont clean all the windows. She's already so free, yet she does a lousy cleaning job, just wana finish fast and sit down again. i get stressed up thinking of chores for her.

Biang ... no wonder you're so upset. I would have yelled at her all the time man. Is she young and inexperienced? Really must change. I have been thinking about hiring domestic help too. But just wondering if I should get those transfer maids who have experience but might cost more or those who have no experience at all and slowly train. But the latter can sometimes make me vomit blood if I kenah a lousy one.

Lilacz what happened to yours? From Philippines or Indonesia? If u stay West side I can recommend my maid agency to you... thanks to their recommendation that I got this helper. However it's still early days yet... fingers crossed she won't chut pattern as she gets more familiar.
Mus nt let ur guard dwn. They chu pattern once they know thy can or kena influence by others thy met.

Biang ... no wonder you're so upset. I would have yelled at her all the time man. Is she young and inexperienced? Really must change. I have been thinking about hiring domestic help too. But just wondering if I should get those transfer maids who have experience but might cost more or those who have no experience at all and slowly train. But the latter can sometimes make me vomit blood if I kenah a lousy one.
shes 24 with a 5yr old kid. I doubt she takes care of her kid herself. She doesnt look experienced at all! Theres once i caught her carrying baby with one hand and didnt support his neck and was walking around the house!!!

My advice is to take an experienced one who can work independently. New one, esp one who doesnt learn,is really quite useless in the house. Of cuz,experienced one we have to tahan if they try to "work smart" , use the phone, or likes to doll up on Sundays. To me,my priority is no complain from in laws, dont need me to assign jobs everyday...can take care of my baby... i dont care if she wants off day every week or likes to doll up.

Mine is from Philippines. I have a work schedule for my helper - she follows that for now cos CL still around. Once CL leave i will have to modify to put in baby showering times etc. If u want I can share with you for you to modify... PM me your email address if u want yah?

The midnight fuss is really draining n frustrating. ..feel like beating him just now as I pat him to sleep with each pat getting harder n harder. ..im a bad mommy!!! yawnzzzz...by the time he sleeps *after fussing for 2hrs...its almost time for the next feed again! !!!OMG!!!

Sigh... I know exactly how that feels. Spend so much time patting then time to feed again and the vicious cycle starts again. Mine sleeps half hr then will cry cos wind in the stomach. I still dun understand. He is 90% latch. How come still so much air? Rub ruyi oil, massage still like that. Dunno is it over effective digestive system. He poos so many times a day. My #1 on similar system was not like that.

Told hubby... I think hor, we might hv to bring out the yaolan soon. I can't be standing there the whole day doing nothing but feeding and patting him!

Sigh... I know exactly how that feels. Spend so much time patting then time to feed again and the vicious cycle starts again. Mine sleeps half hr then will cry cos wind in the stomach. I still dun understand. He is 90% latch. How come still so much air? Rub ruyi oil, massage still like that. Dunno is it over effective digestive system. He poos so many times a day. My #1 on similar system was not like that.

Told hubby... I think hor, we might hv to bring out the yaolan soon. I can't be standing there the whole day doing nothing but feeding and patting him!
I already used all that i said im not using... pacifier...yaolan... as long as it works!

I missed a lot!! Cos I lazy to login forum!!!

Hope everyone doing fine ESP those who delivered!

Heard abt the case of a bb, cry till coarse voice de? Don't worry too much, they still young so may have road to recovery! Check and work closely with pd! Most impt maintain positivity level!

As for me!!! I still counting down! Bit today intense contraction! I suspect really either tmr or Friday Liao

Let see if I'm right!

Actually last weekend I was kinda of ready to be pushed in!

Don't know why this week my elder one suddenly very emo!!

After sch she no longer gave me that passionate feel of seeing mommy after school! :(

And she get upset really easily! Over any tiny little things!

But she not showing adverse reaction negativity towards Mei Mei aka my tummy now..

I kinda of worried Liao.. :(

I already used all that i said im not using... pacifier...yaolan... as long as it works!

So u likely to leave infant to helper alone during the day when u resume work?

Hubby oso suggest me on helper, but I m resisting it. Think I will try handling two myself since I'm SAHM but really scared I kee siao

So u likely to leave infant to helper alone during the day when u resume work?

Hubby oso suggest me on helper, but I m resisting it. Think I will try handling two myself since I'm SAHM but really scared I kee siao
Yes. But I am going to be installing cameras.

What are your hesitations on getting a helper? If u manage to get a good one, it will really be invaluable help. But if get those act blur one, can add on to your stress.

For me, I set a few criteria when I went to agency. And make sure u interview the helper before u hire her. Then when she came, I sat down with her and went through all the rules and regulations of the house and make sure she sign the document.

I believe in setting the right tone from the start so that it will be a successful 'partnership' between employee and employer. They need to know our expectations and we need to verbalise to them well. It also helped that my friends who have helpers advised me on a lot of things...

Lout helper dun need to take care of my kids as hubby n I prefer to do so ourselves, for bonding n minimize any risk.At most she plays with my #1 if we r busy or very tired.

Even then, she does the cleaning, laundry, dishes,etc alrdy helps free up our time. Esp during confinement, laundry twice a day n bed sheets change more frequently bcos baby puked, diaper leaked etc. Definitely helpful ESP if >1 kid.

Forgot to say, our key criteria for helper is honesty n can speak eng. Else will vomit blood if can't communicate. She follows kid to mil's hse so was train by mil. Honestly speaking, she's a slow worker, but it's ok since still extra pair of helping hands. Partly bcos she was elementary sch teacher in Philippines so not use to such tedious work, but she's quite positive n willing to learn & can get along with mil.

Bonus is, with her educational background (political science grad) she can read English books to my #1.

Forgot to say, our key criteria for helper is honesty n can speak eng. Else will vomit blood if can't communicate. She follows kid to mil's hse so was train by mil. Honestly speaking, she's a slow worker, but it's ok since still extra pair of helping hands. Partly bcos she was elementary sch teacher in Philippines so not use to such tedious work, but she's quite positive n willing to learn & can get along with mil.

Bonus is, with her educational background (political science grad) she can read English books to my #1.
If there is a pair of eyes to watch the maid its still safe.just doin hsewrk is gd .
Really cant stand wat i often c outside parents jus throw kids to the maid.

But if wrking parents jus getting a maid to take care of baby n kids wit no eyes to watch over do think twice, cos once smthg goes wrong its too late for regret.sm maid no matter hw gd u treat them thy stil do hanky panky i.e steal money.
Best is like cookie, Install cctv if u hav no eyes to watch the maid

Clookiefleur, good advise in the signing document..
We are thinking of hiring maid..For those who are having maid, may I know the following:
1.)which country is she from?
2. ) Experienced or new maid?
3.) Who does the marketing? How should I handle the marketing money?? Ie give a fixed amount every few days?
4.) What time does your maid sleeps and wakes up?
We do not have anyone at home supervising after I go work in aug.. I would appreciate if you girls have any valuable advise for me...

We are thinking of hiring maid..For those who are having maid, may I know the following:
3.) Who does the marketing? How should I handle the marketing money?? Ie give a fixed amount every few days?
We do not have anyone at home supervising after I go work in aug.. I would appreciate if you girls have any valuable advise for me...
These are mine:
1. Philippines
2. New to singapore but work as domestic helper for expat family in manila.
3. Me or hubby. We do on the weekends or at ntuc near our place. Maid is still new so we don't want to entrust our money to her yet.
4. Wakes up at 6 am. Sleep before 10pm. Hubby and I will do night duty for baby.

I highly recommend installing camera if u are going to leave her at home w the baby. It is for her safety, our safety and baby's safety. It is also a deterrent for her if she knows that we have cameras watching her and the house. No point having hidden camera I feel - too late by the time the hidden camera catches anything.

1.)which country is she from? Philippines.

Few mths experienced in Msia but as gd as new cos need to teach fr scratch.

Ourselves, she only helps by milk or things that we forgot, or pack meals that we roughly know the price. We also dun let her cook (yes we r that paranoid). So wkend I'll cook n she helps w prep n washing up.

530am, before 10pm

On CCTV, my own thoughts is may b double edged sword. CCTV sure got some blind spots n if they really want to b funny, can still happen... Also, Since we dun like our bosses to always look over our shoulder as we work, I think helpers may feel same way. Esp educated ones who have strong pride n ego. But on the other hand, children safety most impt... N surveillance give us assurance. But since we are working, also can't monitor all the time. Thankfully I dun need this option since she's with mil. So my thinking is only theory la, better hear what mummies who use this option say.

Cookiefleur, thanks for the recommendation.. Emergency Couple is really nice.. I can't bear to finish watching it lei. Post-drama syndrome.. haha.. u have any other nice drama to recommend?

Mine from Myanmar, i would advise against taking Myanmar helper cuz abit difficult to communicate.Mine consider gd already, can speak broken English... some are worse, but i still pek chek...but if u prefer guai guai type, myanmar more guai. If u prefer someone who can wrk independently, then better to get phil or indon. If let me choose again, think I prefer experienced one.Mine really teach from scratch...need alot alot....alot of patience.

Cookiefleur, thanks for the recommendation.. Emergency Couple is really nice.. I can't bear to finish watching it lei. Post-drama syndrome.. haha.. u have any other nice drama to recommend?
I know right? It's so nice! I was quite sad when I finished it also.

I am watching Time Slip Dr Jin now... not comedy or romance but I find quite interesting. It's a medical period drama about a doc who travel back in time... so some parts got quite bloody scenes cos of the operations.

You watch Rooftop Prince already? Funny romance type of drama.

I also recommend I Miss You. Or some websites called Missing You. Park yoochun and Yoon eun hye are the actors... this one storyline is nice and exciting but sad. Not comedy kind.

I know right? It's so nice! I was quite sad when I finished it also.

I am watching Time Slip Dr Jin now... not comedy or romance but I find quite interesting. It's a medical period drama about a doc who travel back in time... so some parts got quite bloody scenes cos of the operations.

You watch Rooftop Prince already? Funny romance type of drama.

I also recommend I Miss You. Or some websites called Missing You. Park yoochun and Yoon eun hye are the actors... this one storyline is nice and exciting but sad. Not comedy kind.

Nice nice.. I trust ur recommendation.. It gets so addictive that sometimes I just ignore my bb crying.. ha ha.. but now is really the time for me to catch up on drama. :)

Omg! Super difc to burp baby at such hrs wen he sleepy.dun care liao let him slp...otherwis dunno wait til wat time. Hai.
Best aft put baby dwn .my gal weeping n came over.wan me go over lik last x.gd i no nd slp liao

Last edited:
When baby is sleepy, i will put his head on my shoulder or chest and burp him this way. It works also. Cuz if i dont burp him, he will always throw up alot of milk. My boy really likes to poo during wee hours... 4am, 5am....that kinda timing. Sometimes he dont poo for 2 days, it is ok if bb on FM dont poo everyday?

When baby is sleepy, i will put his head on my shoulder or chest and burp him this way. It works also. Cuz if i dont burp him, he will always throw up alot of milk. My boy really likes to poo during wee hours... 4am, 5am....that kinda timing. Sometimes he dont poo for 2 days, it is ok if bb on FM dont poo everyday?
Mine also rarely poo and when he wants to poo, it's wee hours of morning! Hmmm, I think fm should poo everyday. It's BM that doesn't need to poo everyday. Pd said Bf babies can stretch till 5 days.

My boy is a stubborn boy.tink fm mus poo daily rit?

I asked my pd this morning. She said as long as baby poo is not too hard and watery than its okie even if they dun poo for a day or 2.. and when they are pooing they dun cry. . My bb also on fm. . He poos only once a day

I asked my pd this morning. She said as long as baby poo is not too hard and watery than its okie even if they dun poo for a day or 2.. and when they are pooing they dun cry. . My bb also on fm. . He poos only once a day
My baby stil cry abit wen poo

Super shack out.whole day he sleep 15mins wake up cry cry cry.then now slp again.kp hear him fart too.hope the ridwind tak effect.let him better let me slp tonight

My boy really is looking hungry besides the wind problem.
increas milk to 100/3 hrs in btw gt giv water wah he 'shap' real fast.bt stil cry for more b4 feeding time.
Haha waitg for him poo tdy.gosh evryday nd look forward to recvg his gold,otherwis wried.alone wit him whole day n tonight.hope he cooperates

Mmm... I dunno exactly how much he drinks, but I'm like nursing every 2hrs or so. Night feed prior to bed, he can down 100ml fm and on top of that still nurse around 40-60ml (my estimation based on pumping). Last weight at pd 2 weeks back was 3.3kg.

Mmm... I dunno exactly how much he drinks, but I'm like nursing every 2hrs or so. Night feed prior to bed, he can down 100ml fm and on top of that still nurse around 40-60ml (my estimation based on pumping). Last weight at pd 2 weeks back was 3.3kg.
So much?! Then sleep thru aft tis feed?
Feedg baby nw.so sian refuse burp again

Previously read abt mummy say scold baby .nw i understnd cos i jus did to my boy.3 feeds thru nite all dun want burp.n 1 hr+ b4 feed kp cry his recent trend pass few days.
Increasw his milk too 100 n tt moment he cry giv water to settle dwn. Giv liao wat hapn? Alao vomit out.no giv w kp cry pacifier also dun wan

Back