(2014/04) April 2014

hi,
i'm back. went to gynae check. he say brown spotting does not mean bad.Done chk ultra scan really can see the very small dot abt 1.11cm only. :) just ask me alert if come red must ring him. he gave me an tai yao & folic acid to eat. up to now im still having light brown spotting.

Hi mummies,

If u r looking for a confinement lady, I wld like to recommend my aunty from KL who is very experienced. You can contact her at 60122928683. Her name is Lee Eng.

Hi,

Great to see you ladies.. I'm expecting my no.2 too, now 9th week. Gynae is Dr Koh from C.H. Koh Clinic at Toa Payoh. Gave birth to my first at Mt A, think I will choose Mt A again due to the great nurses who given superb care to me and my firstborn. I missed a trip to Phuket (my hubby booked specially for my birthday) in mid-Aug due to some instability in my pregnancy. *Cross fingers*

Seems somehow most ppl have worse symptoms for no.2 here. Me too, keep vomitting and feel so sluggish. My first was just feeling tired that's ll, had very good appetite then. Buts that 3yrs back, so dun know if age got anything to do with it.. :) Pls add me to the fb group, my email address: [email protected].

Bless all!
hi,

so envy you here. though tis time is my 2nd, but i feel more miserable and tired with nausea.. my 1st bb was at 5 years ago. one day vomit 8 times.. now think back feel horrible.. seem my nightmare coming back very soon.

Hi chelz, thanks for the assurance. I had brownish discharge on sunday night again. No an tai yao from gynae though. My little dot was at 7mm only when I went for scan. I've been blessed for both pregnancy, no symptoms at all except tiredness so it is still a very well-kept secret for me. Keke.

Hi chelz, thanks for the assurance. I had brownish discharge on sunday night again. No an tai yao from gynae though. My little dot was at 7mm only when I went for scan. I've been blessed for both pregnancy, no symptoms at all except tiredness so it is still a very well-kept secret for me. Keke.

hi,
envy envy... next monday be going for gynae again. hope to see heart beat. take care:)

ladydee, as long as no see red should be fine.
My lil dot was only 0.61cm only! like even smaller than all of yours!

Welcome mikiko! Congrats to your no.3!

Orangedustee, ya I heard b4 medicated plaster cannot use. Better don't use it k.
If you really need pain killer, better ask paracetamol from your Gynae or GP.
Try pre natal Yoga. Maybe can helps.

hi Ladies, i have chronic backache. In the past, i'd pop painkillers. Now, I have Hubby help me stick the medicated plaster on my back. Is this alright eh?

Also, may i know what kind of face care regime you stick by nowadays? I only use Avene Toner & sometimes SK-II FTE and that's it. Anyone did checks on which products are safe to use?

hi Orangedustee - i was looking into the topic of cosmetic during pregnancy these 2 days and i realised that my deodorant, shampoo and conditioner contain harmful ingredients ie Propylene Glycol :( so i am planning to shop for replacements this weekend.... Any recommendations?

Most SKII products are ok cos they are made from organic ingredients. I am using their eye cream and face cream. But my BB cream and mascara, they are either in korean or japanese :(

Here's the article on cosmetics during pregancy:

http://pregnant.thebump.com/pregnan.../is-it-safe-hidden-dangers-in-your-house.aspx

"As a rule of thumb with cosmetics, you can always trust a product that uses natural oils for fragrance. But unfortunately, there's a whole laundry list of unsafe (and semi-unpronounceable) ingredients you should probably steer clear of, like: Parabens, Phthalataes, Sodium Lauryl/Laureth Sulfate, 1, 4 Dioxane, Polythlene Glycol PEG/PPG, Propylene Glycol, Triclosan, or Oxybenzone. As for nail polish, you don’t have to avoid mani-pedis forever (phew!). Just make sure to check the label to ensure it’s DBP, formaldehyde, and toluene-free. Think this is all about your safety? Think again. The most common kind of poison exposure in children six and under is from cosmetics and personal care products."

Hi Chelz...
Hope you get better as time passes. Every pregnancy will be different as all babies are unique!
I also feel very miserable at times but the baby well-being kept me going..

Some friends of mine suffers MS for whole of their pregnancy... but I hope my symptoms will stop soon.
Weird taste now, seems everything taste kinda different now. Cant stand perfumes especially those ppl who wear them in mrt.. Can't stand my fav durian now aso.. Last time i hate oranges now i simply love it..
Haiz..

hi Orangedustee - i was looking into the topic of cosmetic during pregnancy these 2 days and i realised that my deodorant, shampoo and conditioner contain harmful ingredients ie Propylene Glycol :( so i am planning to shop for replacements this weekend.... Any recommendations?

Most SKII products are ok cos they are made from organic ingredients. I am using their eye cream and face cream. But my BB cream and mascara, they are either in korean or japanese :(

http://pregnant.thebump.com/pregnan.../is-it-safe-hidden-dangers-in-your-house.aspx

"As a rule of thumb with cosmetics, you can always trust a product that uses natural oils for fragrance. But unfortunately, there's a whole laundry list of unsafe (and semi-unpronounceable) ingredients you should probably steer clear of, like: Parabens, Phthalataes, Sodium Lauryl/Laureth Sulfate, 1, 4 Dioxane, Polythlene Glycol PEG/PPG, Propylene Glycol, Triclosan, or Oxybenzone. As for nail polish, you don’t have to avoid mani-pedis forever (phew!). Just make sure to check the label to ensure it’s DBP, formaldehyde, and toluene-free. Think this is all about your safety? Think again. The most common kind of poison exposure in children six and under is from cosmetics and personal care products."

oh dear..didnt really check..im reduced to only concealer, compact powder & eye liner.. Hope it is fine..

Serious ah need to check ingredients for the personal care & skincare ah.
Oh dear...I still continue what I've been using leh.
I'm using Korean brands skincare & SK II FTE.

Hi joycelynpinkmum! My mum advised me not to eat too much oranges cos scare bb next time born with more phlegm. Take in moderation should be fine ba.

I'm still using my skincare products. Not very concern over that actually. Opsie.

Seems like the admins of fb group not very active? Can someone already inside help to "page" for them to add us? I'm gonna send a pm to one of them with our emails (hope I dun miss anyone). Let's see if there's a response.

I dun eat a lot of it lar.. more eating of apples and gold kiwi.. Oranges mayb once a week or two...
I actually forgotten that cannot eat mutton and tried once, (coz my first pregnancy was 4 yrs ago..) but still my baby knows it, and will tend to vomit everything out after eating.. Haha.. seems as though it has a mind of its own..

Haven really noticed the chemicals on the cosmetics and facial pdts.. I think must go hm and study them liao...

Oh yeah.. been wanting to ask around..
Anyone have contact for making 胎毛笔?
I used to see a stall at Suntec City Mall, but due to its renovation it has moved away..

Was thinking to make one for my girl.. The stall owner was from Msia, the stuff are all manufactured there.
As far as I know, the one opp TMC is very exp, so I was hesitating to make it there..

Hope i can be in this thread for as long as it can be. Actually this is my no 4 .. I mc my no 3 few months ago. During the last scan the doc discovered fibroid which is abt 4 cm big sigh...

I think Clarins is the most natural skincare? It uses a lot of botanical extracts.
Oh yeah.. been wanting to ask around..
Anyone have contact for making 胎毛笔?
I used to see a stall at Suntec City Mall, but due to its renovation it has moved away..

Was thinking to make one for my girl.. The stall owner was from Msia, the stuff are all manufactured there.
As far as I know, the one opp TMC is very exp, so I was hesitating to make it there..

I think there's a Tao Mao Bi shop in KKH too. But I never check it out.
Hope i can be in this thread for as long as it can be. Actually this is my no 4 .. I mc my no 3 few months ago. During the last scan the doc discovered fibroid which is abt 4 cm big sigh...

Mikko3: stay positive ! :)

Mummy00 - ya, still early days but of course no harm hoping for VBAC and working towards it :) Hope it works out at your end too!

Ladydee - I am quite clueless also, and need to do lots of research still. If more of us going for VBAC, we can pool our resources together!

Alphabeta - same EDD as u!

Dear mummies, those who leave their email address on this forum are all added to the Fb page. Pls check your email for the invite.

Thanks First time MTB! I've joined the group!
Seems quite active in FB!

Mikko3, what did you Gynae advised you with the fibroid?

Hi All,

I am 8 weeks preg -- first scan at TMC on 3 Sept, EDD 21 April 2014,
I have a question to ask all the mummies to be here, do u all have little rashes at ur thigh, and belly? i have read a few forum, and i suspect it is call PUPPPS...but tht it will only be discover on either 2nd or last trimester.... :(

Welcome Baoli! Hmmm...i din have any rashes, the only time my tummy and thighs are itchy is when stretch mark is developing lor.

Welcome Baoli! Hmmm...i din have any rashes, the only time my tummy and thighs are itchy is when stretch mark is developing lor.

Haha. I rem last time like to scratch the tummy below the belly button during last trimester. Hope my tummy won't be too big this time. Really envy the Koreans and Jap girls , really small tumtum and most hardly put on more than 10.

Morning mummies!

Can I ask if it's safe to consume paracetamol?
Aiyo, i'm having headache wor.
Always have this problem since teens time!

Thanks ladydee!
I hope the headache can go away w/o needing to pop panadol. :(

Asking 2nd/3rd/4th time mummies, does your tumtum showing now? I realized mine is getting bigger wor. I should be 8-9wks now only!
My 1st pregnancy 5th month tumtum then started showing leh!
Duno how to hide now....

Thanks ladydee!
I hope the headache can go away w/o needing to pop panadol. :(

Asking 2nd/3rd/4th time mummies, does your tumtum showing now? I realized mine is getting bigger wor. I should be 8-9wks now only!
My 1st pregnancy 5th month tumtum then started showing leh!
Duno how to hide now....

I dunno is that my tummy or I eat too much but it's a little bigger now. Some mummies tell me got tumtum must show esp when u take public transport, then people will give up their seats for you. I prefer to hide my tumtum , don't want anybody to know until the preg is stable.

My tum tum sticks out but looks more like fats! Haha....my #1 13 weeks then start looking like fats. Haha. 16 weeks then look more like small preggy tummy.

^5 limlim, I also prefer to hide till it's stable. That day took train with hubby, then was standing in front of priority seat, he said so loud, "Hey! You qualify to sit liao", I wanted to whack his head!

Last time when I was about 6 mths preggy , I let a lady with a smaller tumtum than me have the seat when I took the train from Newton to Yishun. (I dont work...so taking a train so far consider quite big deal for me ). But was quite sad nobody let me have a seat but cannot blame also la, I always wear baggy dresses.

My tum tum sticks out but looks more like fats! Haha....my #1 13 weeks then start looking like fats. Haha. 16 weeks then look more like small preggy tummy.

^5 limlim, I also prefer to hide till it's stable. That day took train with hubby, then was standing in front of priority seat, he said so loud, "Hey! You qualify to sit liao", I wanted to whack his head!

If my hubby said that to me, I sure shoot him my killer stare! Nowadays when I fetch my son from school, he always tell me bring maid, scare I carry my son up the carseat. Sianz. I enjoy the 'me and son' time, like pak tor feeling. Hhahah.

limlim: Hahaha, I know your pak tor feeling! That's why my hubby always say my #1 is my son, mommy's boy. He already lay "claim" on #2. He say must be daddy's boy or girl this time! lol.

Anyway, my secret is not a secret anymore. My colleague just asked me before lunch and I just told the truth lor. She say she has 6th sense about it. *faint* My this pregnancy, everyone has 6th sense about it. I won't have tested if it's not for my mil who just suddenly ask and say she has 6th sense about it too. Even my dad asked my mum about it a week before I tested.

limlim: Hahaha, I know your pak tor feeling! That's why my hubby always say my #1 is my son, mommy's boy. He already lay "claim" on #2. He say must be daddy's boy or girl this time! lol.

Anyway, my secret is not a secret anymore. My colleague just asked me before lunch and I just told the truth lor. She say she has 6th sense about it. *faint* My this pregnancy, everyone has 6th sense about it. I won't have tested if it's not for my mil who just suddenly ask and say she has 6th sense about it too. Even my dad asked my mum about it a week before I tested.

Ladydee- lol u lucky. Don't have to crack ur brains on how to break the news out. Soo envy :)

Hi Chelz...
Hope you get better as time passes. Every pregnancy will be different as all babies are unique!
I also feel very miserable at times but the baby well-being kept me going..

Some friends of mine suffers MS for whole of their pregnancy... but I hope my symptoms will stop soon.
Weird taste now, seems everything taste kinda different now. Cant stand perfumes especially those ppl who wear them in mrt.. Can't stand my fav durian now aso.. Last time i hate oranges now i simply love it..
Haiz..

Haha. I rem last time like to scratch the tummy below the belly button during last trimester. Hope my tummy won't be too big this time. Really envy the Koreans and Jap girls , really small tumtum and most hardly put on more than 10.
My Korean colleague told me she cut down the carbs so that her tummy during pregnancy didn't balloon. She takes a lot of protein apparently.

hi,

same as you there. hope time flies...
nowadays feel like want eat ice kacang & cold drinks as well... have to endure...
lets we jiayou!

So far my colls & friends din ask me leh.
Maybe I know how to hide!
Ya don't wanna show now till stable.

I saw a lot postings in FB.
But duno who is who in there?

What your FB nicks/names?

hmmm....but i only on 1st trimester only :( why so itch now...hmmm...think i have to go ask my gynac on my next appointment

But when u have the itchy rash also only 2 or last trimester right...me weird weird....8 week only lor....arghhh...itch esp at night after bathing

Baoli, think it's ok to hv that line. I rem I've it very obvious in my prev pregnancy too.

I din notice if it's obvious now! Tonite I go check!

Ahh...Ladydee, I tried to update the file in FB. Maybe you can help to add in the excel?
Hee...thanks!

My Korean colleague told me she cut down the carbs so that her tummy during pregnancy didn't balloon. She takes a lot of protein apparently.

Ya. Cannot give in to cravings, esp if its for unhealthy food. Everytime I crave for some unhealthy stuff , I just tell myself 'NO, I do not want to put on 20kg!'. Go drink water. Lolzz

Saw u looking for confinement lady? I think agency is good in the sense they can change the nanny till u happy. And you can tell them your requirement , age group and stuff. If u hire private nanny sometimes they play you out last min by saying they not available due to some reasons and then they refer their relatives or frens to you ( they get a cut from the referral) . And sometimes really nanny from hell, lazy or encourage the mum to feed FM.
hi,

same as you there. hope time flies...
nowadays feel like want eat ice kacang & cold drinks as well... have to endure...
lets we jiayou!

I also try not to take so much cold drinks but SG is so hot!

limlim, CL from agency really reliable? R there good ones b4?
My mum did my confinement 3yrs ago! She's too tired to do for me by next yr cos also main caregiver to my niece and stimes my boy. After 1st trim I will start to look for 1 le.

hi everyone here! I'm still having bad MS at night, especially after dinner time. I will puke everything out after dinner. anyone having the same symptons?
Everyday, i'm hoping the MS will go away soon...

Back