(2013/12) December 2013

min81,oh.. $40 is at private gynae.. how many weeks are u now?? which gynae are u with?? really anxiety le.. 1 day like 1 yr.. looking forward for the scan... ;)

Hi all, my first time joining a forum although this is my 2nd delivery.. EDD in Dec but I haven seen a gynae yet.. Wait for my announcement k.. All the best to all mummies & take care..

Wow getting more n more dec mommies yeah... Must rest more n take care ok... Im going to gynae maybe once 3months just i thinking like what double_wenz say lol.

Mommies, anyone going to Henry Chen Hung or any gynae to recommend near north area not from Mt A, TMC or KKH. Haiz i like Mt A n seem like lots of gynae like to go there nowadays isnt it but they dont do ligation... Any1 went Gleneagles, Mt Elizabeth or Raffles before?

Hey mummies!

Wishing you all a great week ahead!

Elaine, u sure about Raffles?- My distant relative gave birth there, her bill was 5 figures!

Put me in for the sore boobs and sharp pains! Damn annoying...
Just got major eye ache since ystd mng... i think its lack or sleep or too much of screen time.
Have a great work day ahead!

Nice to have a big group to share common journey with.
happy.gif

Morning mummies!

Positivecalm,

I see.. I was wondering how come so exp when it's $27 at NUH.. hehe.. I'm at 7w4d today.. Still with prof wong at NUH.. He'll see me for 1st trimester.. Ya the waiting makes us very anxious! Haha.. I'm always counting down to the next scan..

Good morning ladies!

Min, think I will skip the 3rd hcg n just try not to think too much. My scan is on 19th, I should (try to) wait patiently. Yesterday I had spicy food n felt nauseous the whole afternoon, so I thought maybe MS is starting, but today I feel completely normal again. Oh well. Crazy hor, crave for MS so much. Hehe.

Positive, my hcg test at Raffles is also $42. I tell myself aiya, test already if results no good there's nothing we can do abt it anyway, so might as well don't test n just hope for the best.

Elaine, I'm currently w Dr Sheila Loh at Raffles. I like that place very much, very relaxing n cozy environment, nurses r nice, parking is never a problem unlike some other hospitals. Price wise I think similar to my previous gynaes at Mt E n GlenE. However, according to research fr my DH, c-section at Raffles is abt 3k more than others, not sure why. I will be with her till 12 weeks I guess, cos she was my fertility doctor.

Bubbub u r going for your repeat hcg today right? Good luck n big numbers!

Dreambear, we r waiting for u!!

Elaine, 3 months then see Gynae? Is it too late? I heard first visit to Gynae at abt 6 weeks is good..

Ladies, I was having bad cramps at the lower right abdomen worst than before yesterday night. Before that was normal cramps, on n off n if u ask me to rate the pain, I would say its level 2 or level 3 but yesterday's pain went up to level 5or6 n I felt cold, nausa & giddy.. The pain make me couldnt really walk.. after a while of lying down, it was ok.. No bleeding at all.. So worried now.. I'm only about 5 weeks.. DH was very worried & wanted me to visit a gynae today.. Anyone got such experience too?

Hazelnut & Min81: what is HCG & what does the number results mean? I haven't go for my BT yet so wanna understand more about this.. =) Oh ya & why need to visit doc again if the number is low? Sorry ah so many questions.. =p

Double wenz, I had one similar episode last Thurs where I had bad cramps in the middle of the night (bad enough to wake me up) n I was having chills. My cramp was in the lower middle part of the womb area. Called my doc the next day n they suspect UTI, even though it did not hurt when I pee, so I did a urine culture test on Fri, results will be out tomorrow. Perhaps for peace of mind u might want to consult your gynae?

Double wenz, hcg beta test is to measure the level of hcg (pregnancy hormones) in your blood. I took a repeat one cos I didn't feel very pregnant, a doubling of the levels within 48-72 hrs will show that the pregnancy is progressing normally. If the numbers stall, then it could mean the baby is not growing so well. So the numbers can make us very gan chiong.

Hi double_wenz,

No prob with the questions
happy.gif
HCG is the pregnancy hormones, and the level is supposed to double abt every 48-72 hrs to indicate the pregnancy is progressing fine.. For a few of us here, our pregnancies are more closely monitored as we conceived thru ivf
happy.gif

Maybe for peace of mind, you wanna go consult your gynae about the cramps? He/she might not do a scan as it's still early but may prescribe you some medicine to support your pregnancy..

Min81 & Hazelnut: ok.. I also think I should see a doc.. But I haven't got any Gynae yet & have not visit any doc ever since I tested positive.. Called a few gynae this morning.. Coincedently all not around.. Hope to be able to book an appointment.. Still searching for any available Gynae

Oh so Min81 & Hazelnut is done IVF? Wow!! Heroines mummy!! I heard IVF quite Xin Ku & at some stages it's quite pain.. I think the pregnancy become even more meaningful & precious to you all now! Happy for u all.. No wonder the conversations from some of u seems like u guys know each other for quite some time..

A R: 5 figures??? Wow thats scary hehe... Im just deciding. Most likely i just go to TMC.

Thanks Hazelnut.

Double_wenz: for my 3 previous pregnancy, i went ard 2-3months also hehe. After going market with my kids n maid... Im having bad pain at my left abdomen now feeling cold sweat n nauseous too haiz. Was wondering is it drinking not enough water?

Elaine: could be leh.. I just notice that i drink very little water.. Wow! Went after 2-3 months.. I think I can't tahan so long.. Haha.. Anxious to see how little baby look like inside.. Maybe first pregnancy for me so very kan jiong & nervous.. =p

Yup cos previously i have bad pain (not preggy yet) so went to NUH A&E... Doc say might due to drink less water may cause gallstone if im not wrong. First pregnancy definitely feel excited... Maybe im just feeling numb already hahaha. Mt A is indeed good when i give birth to my 3rd child.

Hi everyone

This is my 2nd delivery but not a very active one previously. My ETD should be 7 Dec, went for my first scan but couldn't hear heartbeat yet
sad.gif

I need to be a little careful as i am already 36 this year. Hope to get more support here.

Hey mummies... howdi...

double wenz.. how about Parkway East? I delivered no.1 there. Their single bedder damn squeezy but the rest are spacious. Wonderful service. I had 2 nurses assist me hold my legs when delivering. My bestie (Gleneagles) didnt have help! -_-
I really like PWE.. nice and small and special attention! And food is wonderful!! And most convenient for East side.

Hey Lynn! Welcome to the support group!

Wow so many yummy mummies alreAdy! Welcome everyone to this big dec family!

Hazelnut
Haha yeah went for my BT today and over 10k Liao ....and progesterone is 875 .... Crazy man the rate these peanuts are growing.... My scan will be on 20th, 1 day after yours cos I wanted it to be a sat so DH can hear heartbeat together ...

Lynn
My edd is also 7th dec and its too early to scan ! The earliest is 15th April if u wanna scan....

Double wenz
Babe I had the same as urs and doc made me go down for urine test cos suspect UTI .... I didn't even have urgency to pee or anything... Was surprised that I was tested positive and had to be on antibiotics .... Dun play play so pls go for your urine test...

Question! Those mummies No.2 and more-- Do you carry your other children during pregnancy? sometimes, no choice, I carry my boy. After that I have slight cramps...
sad.gif
Shouldnt be too bad right?

Bub: I went to see a gynae already & he don't look surprise at all when I say I have pain.. He didn't do a blood test n no urine test too. When I ask him why the pain is getting worse, he just say the Uterus is expanding n he ask me to expect more of such pain. Then he say unless there is a lot of blood or super super intense pain, if not it won't be anything serious.. He also mention that I visited him too early.. But that's not the point.. I visited him becos I'm in pain.. =( dislike this doc.. Anyway, he did a scan for me n say everything is normal..

Anyway, I felt much better today already. Today I drink lots of water & there was not so much of cramp.. Guess really lack of water.. So ladies, please remember to drink lots of water ok? =)

Elaine, I might check out TMC after my 12th week cos I heard good things abt Dr Adelina Wong. But the parking situation there is really a turn off, just the thought of it stresses me out. But definitely I will go see her at least once before I decide on which gynae.

Double wenz, haha actually bubbub, positivecalm, bluenosebear, min n I were all comrades from the other thread. Well, the process is not so much physical pain as it was emotional pain la, alot of ups n downs each step of the way with each scan n bloodtest (n there were ALOT of them), really like an emotional roller coaster.

Bubbub congrats on your good results! I think yours hor, like positivecalm, is chop, sign, n guarantee twins lor. So nice, may you get 龙凤 tai.
happy.gif

My urine test came back clean, but today I noticed some yellow sticky discharge on my panty liner (sorry, too much info!). Anybody experienced the same? N I had abit of chili for dinner, n now I feel like puking again, think my stomach cannot take spicy food anymore.

Hi! I just saw doc this morning. Expecting my #2. Actually I joined the nov group coz I thought will be Nov baby but my edd is actually 9 dec. 5 weeks today only. Saw the scan, just a tiny dot, saw the gestational sac only. Hope this #2 grows well! Any Facebook group for dec mummies?

Hazelnut: nice! It's good to have people who are going through the same journey to be there for each other.. =) nice knowing u guys! Hope that more from your group can join us here..

Oh by the way, I feel cold sometimes too..

Hazelnut, pai say didn't say everything in one post.. Haha.. Just saw ur post on the yellow sticky discharge.. I have that too..

Not sure if you guys know, the other threads, they have a table that has all the members names with their gynae name, edd, hospital. Some have additional info like 'SAHM/FTWM', which no. pregnancy.
We can do that for our thread too.

A R, thanks for the article, uh oh I could have swore my yellow discharge looks a tad greenish from some angles, now I'm worried. Think I will call my gynae tomorrow.

Double wenz
happy.gif
Yep I hope lots more from the other thread can join us here too, it feels great to be able to share in each other's joy!
happy.gif

Already, I'm currently with my fertility doc Dr Sheila Loh at Raffles. Will be with her till 12th week. How about you?

Double wenz
Yeah he is not wrong...uterus does expand but when u are in extreme pain, its better to check loh.

Hazelnut
I had that as well so straight away I drink the LRT or ginger tea and tummy feels warmer.... Also less cramp....

龙凤就好!

How's your progesterone level?

AR
Actually I would say its ok but I think after today my experience try not to....

I played with my Fren's baby whole day, swinging it and lifting it up and down ... And just now I shower I realize a tiny bit of blood leak.. Not sure it's related but got me worried... Haha

Dear IVF buddies. Thank you for rooting me & chopping a plc here for me. However, I got no luck to join u Dec mummies to be. I've failed my second fresh cycle. Good news is there is at least implantation this round, with a beta of 3.6. Nobody, But you out there will understand how hard we try for a kid. I'll still move on n meanwhile will still continue my TCM.

Bubbub, I did not get my progesterone level tested, doc said cos I was on natural FET so no need, then that day when I went down for 2nd hcg I was in such a rush from work that I forgot to ask for it. Hopefully it's ok. Hey got blood is no joke, pls take it easy n not over exert yourself ok? Ok I shall try hot tea next time I feel chills, now lying in bed I feel like boiling again, my body very extreme these days.

Dreambear, your msg made me tear, I'm so sorry this cycle did not work out for u. U r one brave tough lady, u have given it your best, n I know u will come back even stronger. U will make it one day very soon! Jia you jia you n I will keep u in my prayers *big hug*

ivf mummies to be
u all got do/ eat anything special after ur 2ww n b4 ur 6th week scan ma?
i have no symptoms at all sia
kinda anxious

tdy went back work after 2ww my colleagues keep ask me about updates
my dh n mum dowan me tell them
I ve so hard time trying 2 ignore them ahh

Bubbub- better call yr gynea tmr, 1st thing in the morning.
Might need more supports.
At the mean time rest in bed.
Hana-eat healthy esp more protein bah, no raw food.
Different pple has different symptoms, sometimes even no symptoms.

Bubbub- must take care if notice spotting as now we r all at a very early stage.

Bluenosebear is right, I'm experience differently fr my previous...this time I felt very tired and not eating well

I'm seeing GlenE gynae, trust him a lot after my number 1. Very patient and fatherly, all my colleagues are seeing him too.

Dreambear
Not sure if u would come back to read this thread but a place in the mummies to be will always be chopped for u regardless of which month or year.... We chop the seat by putting tissue in every month starting from jan 2014 onwards ok? Be strong and come back stronger...

Hazelnut
Cos ur bub is very demanding of u so all the blood has been going to feed the uterus than anywhere else... Try to take more beef (补血) and iron too ( spinach or pills) ....when u rest, ur other organs are less demanding of your heart so temp will shoot too n start baking the buns in the oven ....

Huiyi
Just tell them dun ask Lah.... This kind of thing very sensitive one... Ivf bubs are much riskier so until 1at trimester is over , the less people who know, the better also.

BNB and Lynn
This morning I woke up and no more blood Liao .... But I am bed resting just in case .... So will monitor and see before calling gynae....moral of the story dun play too much .... Haha

Are there any foods I shouldn’t eat during pregnancy?

There are some foods that you’ll have to steer clear of during pregnancy, because they could be unsafe for your baby:
The cockles (see-ham) found in laksa and char kway teow are supposed to be boiled before they are added to these dishes, but you may want to ask the hawker to leave them out as you can't know how thoroughly they were cooked.
Steamboat ingredients that are not cooked through - make sure the broth is brought to boil every time new ingredients are added, especially shellfish, meats and eggs.
Cheeses with a white, mouldy rind, such as brie and camembert, and blue-veined cheeses such as stilton. All these cheeses could contain listeria, a bacteria that could harm your baby.
Pate, raw or undercooked meat and eggs. All are possible sources of bacteria that can harm your unborn baby. When cooking meat and eggs, make sure they are cooked properly.
Raw seafood, such as oysters or sushi that has not been frozen before making.
Shark, swordfish or marlin. These fish contain unsafe levels of naturally occurring mercury. Tuna contains some mercury too, so it's best you don't eat more than four medium-sized cans, or two fresh tuna steaks per week.
Don't eat liver and liver products (such as pate or liver sausage), because they may contain large amounts of the retinol form of vitamin A. Too much of this could be harmful to your developing baby.
You should stop or cut down on drinking alcohol during pregnancy, too. If you want to drink during your pregnancy, don’t drink more than one or two units of alcohol, once or twice a week, and don't get drunk.
It's best not to have more than 200mg of caffeine a day. That’s two mugs of instant coffee or four cups of tea or five cans of cola a day. You could switch to decaffeinated hot drinks and colas.

I didn't know I was pregnant n ate cockles with hub at East coast park 2 weeks ago. ..
sad.gif

But the Cockles are fully cooked type.

So I can still enjoy my 1 cup of coffee per day!

Thanks for the information. ...

Hana, I have no symptoms too, other than feeling extremely warm or extremely cold all the time. My boobs r not sore, they r still the same size (damn!), I don't have much bloatedness, n the only time I get nausea is after a spicy meal. I don't have to get up at night to pee, n even my cramps r gone. I worry too. But, just gotta have faith that our peanuts r still growing happily n healthily inside us. Think if I were u, I will try to avoid those questions from colleagues. This is also to protect yourself cos u don't want to feel pressured to share more than what u r comfortable to before the pregnancy is stable. My colleagues used to ask me so many questions all the time too, coz they know we have been trying for a while, until I so stressed n fed up that I start avoiding them for lunch, then I think they finally get the idea n stop asking me.

Thanks bubbub wah your explanation sounds very logical. I think I not enough blood, people always comment my face "green green" if I don't wear makeup. Think I must try to eat more meat. Good excuse to go to my fav steak restaurant "The Steakhouse" at Clarke Quay, hehe. Anybody going there must try the Australian rib eye ok, damn tasty!

My son just imitated me.
When brushing his teeth this morning, he said 'I want to vomit mom!' Then he pretend to vomit and said he is done. -_-! Haha! indeed gona be new experience with my no.1 making fun of me...

dreambear... do fight on! The one above will bless you when He deems the right time.
happy.gif

Hello,

I'm 2nd time mum, just come in to kaypoh before joining officially, because i see a lot of new mummies here asking questions.. don't drive yourself mad with doubts
happy.gif

Hazelnut- feeling cold and having chills is normal. I get them too for last and this pregnancy. Unless you find yourself having fever, else ignore

Discharge- neon-green to yellow discharge is normal. If its dark green (haven't heard of anyone having dark green though), brown or red or any other color pls see gynae pronto.

Cramps - typically cramps during week 4 - 5 (maybe 6) are consider normal because your uterus is expanding to make way for your beanie. very bad cramps are usually not very good news after initial weeks of pregnancy - esp accompanied by bleeding - where in doubt, kiasu abit, go see dr.

one sided pain during early pregnancy - 2 possiblities -> one is ectopic, which nobody wants, another is cyst on your ovaries, which is not necessary a bad thing because (as I ownself research recently) that cyst actually help support your pregnancy. but it can get painful to very painful. likely if you can see your sac implanted in your uterus (and not tubes) then the cause of pain is likely from that cyst.

on conceiving - this is from my own observation and experience. Stress is usally the culprit for most cases of failing to conceive. In Singapore it is virtually impossible to live stress free (even if you are loaded) but for conceiving I realized the key periods for no-stress are during ovulation and the weeks leading up to the days your period is due. If you managed to stay stress free (no thoughts of ttc and killing yourself thinking conceived yet liao or not), your chances shd be higher. My advise is to involve yourself in some nice task or project that will take up most of your concentration and thoughts to distract yourself.

Again, when in doubt, pls consult your gynae. Hope my info helps ;). I'm no expert but if my sharing can help put your minds at ease and make you worry less I'm more than happy to share
happy.gif

Talking about stress, yes it's hard to avoid stress. Right now I'm FTWM of a very active #1 and work is very stressful coz of deadlines to chase. In fact I felt stressful because I know I'm under stress and that stress is not good...makes sense? Hahahaha! Has any mommy told your bosses about your pregnancy yet? When do you plan to tell?

Back