(2013/12) December 2013

Good morning ladies, TGIF!

Bubbub, be careful hor! Haha u r a shoe addict like me! I feel regular overpowering compulsions to buy shoes all the time, even though I only wear only the same few pairs to work everyday.

Eh how ah, I really still don't feel anything to this day. In fact my appetite seem to have decreased compared to my 2ww. I'm getting a bit worried. N last night, I woke up with really bad cramps at the lower half of my womb. Called the doc this morning n she suspect UTI, told me to monitor for pain while peeing. Haiz, really hope my peanut is still growing nicely inside. Wish I can have a peephole n see what's happening inside everyday, haha. Do u think I should ask for a scan on week 5?

Hazelnut,

You're only 4 wks plus right? Don't worry, It's normal for the appetite to decrease, it was the same for me.. Then 5 wks my ms started.. I feel 5 wks is a bit early for scan.. Mine was at 5w5d and all we could see was an empty sac.. Hubby and i were so worried.. I think wk 6 could be a better timing.. What supports are you on now?

Positive
Wow u so brave!!! To Bo honest I have twins anxiety!
sad.gif

Going to start work the week after.... I sleep at 11pm without fail but always wake up at 630am on the dot and can't sleep then....

My gynae will take care of me until birth, including delivery of the bub/s.

It's getting more and more warm n its getting to my head.... Damn. U have ms ?

Hazelnut
Heehee yeah was sharing with dreambear that my shoe cabinet can accommodate up to 100 pairs of shoes...

Same as u, appetite went down and Pls go for your urine test... I had bad cramps and was told to do my urine test too....

Scanning at 5 weeks can't see anything. Request for BT to see if your hcg has been increasing steadily .. My BT is next Monday.

Congrats to all, my menses was due yst too... Already tested postive but dont dare to confirm yet hehe. If im really preggy, edd will be around 9 dec. Im a mother of 3 kids now
happy.gif

Congrats Elaine! Wow mother of 3 and good that we have an old bird here....hahahahaha many of us are first time mothers to be....
happy.gif
need your guidance !!!

Old bird yet still blur like sotong. Am i the oldest here then hahaha... Which hospital u ladies intend to go to? I might plan to do ligation. U all like twins? My brother are twins n i read online over 30s have highest chances of having twins but i hope im not having 2 lol

Min n Bubbub, thanks for the reassurance, I feel better knowing I'm not alone in the decrease of my appetite. I'm currently on duphaston (4 pills a day) n crinone gel (2 sticks a day). This morning peeing doesn't hurt, so I don't think it's UTI la (I'm quite familiar w the feeling, cos I had at least 15 episodes before, haiz). Ya on one hand I want to see if w5 scan can show some progress, on the other hand if the scan cannot see anything I will be doubly worried. Ya maybe I will ask for a repeat beta on Mon.

My office air con is so freaking cold that there's no way of telling if I'm feeling warm like I'm supposed to. But at night I do feel warm before I fall asleep.

Congrats Elaine, wow u r really experienced. 请多多指教。How old r your kids now?
happy.gif

The more the merrier!! Haha.. After my first Kk visit and scan then I will decide on my gynae..
At the mean time, only google around what to eat and what avoid..nothing much to do...
I experience itchy skin.. Keep scatching...no morning sickness. Only keep burping..
Btw, what is ligation ??

Positivecalm, think I will be with Dr Sheila at least till 12 wks, but my DH is shortlisting a few other gynaes for consideration too. One thing to note is that if really twins, some gynaes have more experience in multiple pregnancies. Have u decided on yours?

Hazelnut,

Actually at 4w6d i had an episode of sudden cramps which woke me up too.. I got worried and went to my tcm for reassurance, cos i know see gynae also too early for scan.. Should be ok, don't worry.. Probably is bb clinging to us even tighter
happy.gif
Can go for repeat beta for peace of mind..

Elaine,

Wah! I think you're the youngest here
happy.gif

Im thinking going raffles hospital but haha sound so ex. Too bad Mt A cannot do ligation haiz if not it is really a good hospital.

hi ladies~

i'm new in this thread!
kkivf nurse just called me 2 grats!
im 17dp3dt pregnant! :D
can someone advise me how many weeks pregnant am i according to normal pregnancy calendar?

and hi elaine, u same age as me! u so blessed to have so many kids already eh!
happy.gif

Elaine, u super le. so young start ur factory Liao.. really envy.. ur kids all grown up Liao.. can help u take care of ur 4th baby...
most of us here are first timer. nervous and kanjiong.. feel so lost.. the waiting days are really torturing ...

hazelnuts, can share ur gynae list? I read from other threads that if twins they suggest to go for govt hospital.

cos twins have to stay for quite sometime under monitor and high cost will incurred.

Hana,

Congrats again!!
happy.gif
You can use the link Elaine provided.. Just type in the 1st day of your last menses
happy.gif

Elaine,

Hehe.. Actually most of us here got preggy with ivf, that's why there's possibility of having twins
happy.gif
I'm already confirmed having 1 but still very very happy
happy.gif

Bb n mummy healthy is more important. 1 or 2 doesnt matter... Sometimes cant imagine 2 cry at the same time lol

Positive
My insurance agent told me there will not be any insurance coverage for Ivfers unfortunately.... U sign up for great eastern after the transfer.... .? I am going to mt alvernia cos its just 5 mins away from my place...was mt a is good at delivering twins but can't remember the name of the gynae...if u are keen, I can help u to find out

My bestie gave birth in KK and becos she stayed in a suite, the neonatal care is tied to cost of your ward. She fell down flat on her tummy so bub in icu for 10 days and guess how much is each day ? $1k per day ok....crazy...then she wanted to downgrade her ward but not allowed already...

Wow since elaine joined this thread, so 日闹 already!

2 cry can imagine one .....just imagine Kai Kai and jia jia at the zoo loh,..

Huiyi
Congrats!!!

Hazelnut
I just got a call from my clinic.... I have infection after the urine test ( note I dun have any urgency to pee nor feel anything wrong hor) ... Just cramps....

I have to take antibiotics already..

U better go for your urine test.,,

Hello all.
i am new here. Just found out that i am going to be a mum in December. (if God wills).

I hope to get a much advise or do or don't for a 1st time pregnancy like me.

Once again, Hello to all. =)

Hello n congrats to all newcomers!

Bubbub, oh dear, take care n hope u feel better soon. Thank you for the tip, I will go for the urine test. Am thinking of going back to Raffles n 顺便 get a second beta test.

Thanks Min, u r always so reassuring.
happy.gif

Positive, so far, these r the few we r considering:

1) Paul Tseng - TMC
2) Adeline Wong - TMC
3) Kowa Nam Sing - Mt E

Nice to see that the thread is getting busy.

Hello to the new mummies!

I have no intentions of sounding like a 'know it all' but here are my first trimester tips...

-Hormonal changes will be very radical so every weird cramp, green poop, hot flush, MS, etc etc is extremely normal.

IT IS NOT NORMAL WHEN---- You have spotting, brown discharge or bleeding! GO TO THE HOSPITAL/ GYNAE immedately.

I remember during my first preggy, I had every weird symptom in the world, kept running to my gynae!- Donate donno how much money to her. But she is awesomeness. (Dr Esther Ng - EN Women's Clinic & East Coast Women's CLinic)

Few money saving tips -- Ob/Gyn consultations are a killer in Singapore (What expense is not right?)-- If you have low risk pregnancy, just go polyclinic until 3rd trimester. They will give you the normal scanning and the vits. All the private gynaes do the same thing and they only spend the max 5 to 8 mins with you! So why donate money to a already rich doctor right? (I have 2 ex collegues, a number of friends and a relative who did that). They all have delivered their 2 kids each in the same process. Waiting at polyclinic might be a pain in the butt but saving whatever money helps right?
- I am intending to do the same for no.2

The best hospital is of course KK for maternity. Take their private suites if you want higher end service. The common feedback is labour ward staff are God sent but the maternity ward staff are just too busy to notice you.

MT A and PWE have tasty hospital food.

Simple excerise is important throughout pregnancy. Try pre natal yoga or swimming. Yoga can u-tube or join classes. Swimming classes, KKH has it.

Try hypno- birthing techniques - teaches you breathing techniques and how to go for a drug free labour.-- I learnt through the 10 weeks of yoga I went. Managed to do epidural free labour.

Ok, I have unloaded whatever I have in my brains for now.. hope that helps!

Oh oh wait!!
Please PLEASE consider Cord Blood Banking!! - With the rapid advancement in medicine, the baby cord blood will be very useful for you also in years to come.

Singapore Expo/ Taka has baby fair every 3 months and most of the time they have the same stuff... so if you miss one, can always go for next one.

Start also looking for infantcare (If thats your intention) bec not easy to get place. Have a long waiting list. Or start thinking for babysitters, or who your care giver is going to be. Its really not too early to even put ur name down on waiting list for childcare-- yup its really tht bad.. especially in the East side.

Choose your confinement lady very very carefully.. during April 2010 thread, loads of mums had horrible time with their lazy CL.

Ok ok...This is really it for now.

Have a great week ladies!!

Positive
Can try Joycelyn Wong from tcm too.... My sil swears by her...

Hazelnut
Me ok lei,...dun feel anything except for some cramps on and off...was surprised that I got infection

bubbub, I bought the great eastern insurance too.. u drink more water ya!

hanahuyi, I think u 4 weeks plus today. which doctor are u with? what are the support u getting now?

hazelnut, u can request for hcg and progesterone test, since blood drawn Liao.. might as well do together! thanks for ur gynae reference.. at least got sometime to google.

AR, I think u are the old bird too.. thanks for ur tips!!!

elaine
mine is ivf so 17dp3dt means '17 days past 3 day trasnfer'. nvm it's too cheem for non ivf people to understand :p

thanks min & bubbub!
happy.gif

welcome diana ;) i also just joined this thread today!

& anishrei u sound very pro! what's MS btw?

positivecalm
i with dr jerry chan, kkh
happy.gif

they gave me dydrogesterone (oral, 2x/ day)
i still have utrogestan so will continue that also

aiyo
don't know what else to expect before i see doc at the 6th week which is still 3weeks away from now
1st time pregnant very excited
hehee
happy.gif

Thanks ladies, I have done my test, result will be out tomorrow morning, keeping my fingers crossed for a nice big number!

Ok we chat tomorrow, m starting my weekly mj session now. Wish me luck! - need to make some $$$ to pay my gynae, haha.

Have a good evening ladies.
happy.gif

Thanks ladies!!
I don't have any preggie symptoms yet.
Based on my last menses, EDD = 11 Dec

Looking forward to more chat

Hi all. .. I've just tested positive. . Edd based on lmp is 6 dec.
Any recommendation for female gynae at Mt A?
Anyone with Dr Caroline khi at tmc?
This is my #2...
#1 is already a 3 yr old Toddler...
^^

Hey AdaMummy! Welcome.
Me going on to No.2 as well. Likewise, no.1 is turning 3 in late April.
happy.gif

How are you managing both? SAHM?

Mt A- Dr Esther Ng?- EN Women's Clinic. Level 2. If you use the connector at second floor from the children's ward, its the clinic after the toilets. She is there Mon, Wed and Fri. I love her bec she is very bubbly and full of life. But also since she has done this job for over 30 years, she has seen everything, she is very fast with her appts unless you have complication. Can wait for 1 hr and then be done in 5 mins. Her machines still B&W.
First consult with vits, lab test and consultation is abt $300. (According to my sis who is due anytime now).
She doesnt check how many Cms you are dilated when closer to the date like some gynaes do unless you show definate sgns of labour (She did that only for my sil on the last appt before she delivered. Already 4cm open so asked her go strgt to PWE)
Since this is baby no.3, like I mentioned befre, dont waste money la. Wait till week 12 also is fine. You should know the drill better than me.
happy.gif
Looking forward to your tips with managing 3. I am planning to go for no.3 within 1 yr after this one.

Positivecalm, not old bird la.. just did loads and loads of research. My sister is also preggy now so I am like her preggy buddy. So tell her loads of stuff. Now she gona delvier any day and I am continuing the cycle!

ANyone planning to do waterbirthing?

A R- hello.. I think u read wrongly la. . This is my #2. My #1 is 3 yrs old not that I ve 3 kiddos already. .. lol. .. wah dr esther ng 1st consultation is $300???? That's quite expensive right. ..
My son is in childcare when he turns 22 months old till now lo. .. Just quite my previous job then found out preg. SIAN! Now still going for interview though. .. lol
I think I will go dr Caroline khi 1st n see how ...
I cannot wait til week 12 la. . 1st trimester very important . Is the developing stage so I very concern one. .. lol!!!

hello everyone,

im a first time mother who have just recovered from panic disorder.

i just had my 1st gynae appointment with dr kenneth edward lee at mount alvernia yesterday. he was recommended by a friend of mine. he said im now 5 weeks pregnant and i have a second appointment in 2 weeks time.

he did a scan for me and gave me a small booklet to stick the scans in. that session cost me and husband approximately 288 consisting of consultation, scan, medication of folic acid and duphaston.

hmm v bubbly doctor and i think maybe cos he has more patients for night clinic that he seemed a bit rushed. other than that it was an ok experience.

im still keeping my options open with regards to gynae..any recommendations? prefer to have gynae who is patient, reassuring, skillful, allows you plenty of time for question and answer where each session will be a relaxing, enjoyable and memorable one..preferably in mt A or E.

Thanks in advance!

Hi Dec mummies, I was 2 days late for my menses.. So I've done 1 pregnancy test on the pregnancy strip. The positive line seems to be very faint & we went ahead to test the 2nd & the 3rd time. All faint lines.. Finally we decided to buy clearblue test kit (previously not available becos its middle of the night) & finally a more obvious positive but still quite faint.. My last menses is on 5th Mar so I suppose I'm abt 4-5 weeks preggy now.. Have not visited any doc yet..

Have been having cramps at the lower right abdomen quite often also & have been experiencing stomach bloatedness.. Suddenly stomach become quite big. Do u all experience this?

Hi double_wenz, my first test shows a faint line too..waited a few days and tested on a clear blue to get a definitive result
happy.gif
maybe you can try the digital version if you are still not sure.

Had menses like cramps during my 3rd-4th week...and a little bloatness now.. So I guess it's normal symptom?

Oops Adamummy.. My eyes plaing tricks with me! Then we are in the same boat! Haha!

$300 is the usual price bec $120 is consultation (She said its MOH regulation, first consultation is at tt charge. unless she cheat me.. -_-')
Then lab test (this can be done only at week 7 onwards) is about another $120
then $60 to $70 for vits.

I like 'Already's gynae. So nice of him. Provides a booklet for scans as keep sake.
happy.gif
My hb laminated one of the scans to preserve it. But the scan got destroyed! Hahah!!

Hey double_wenz, maybe u are too early in your pregnancy thats why its very faint. Not enuff HcG to react with the chemicals to produce the blue lines nice and dark.
I am having cramps very often. For me is upper adbomen and lower as well. I think for me its bec my no.1 always asking me to carry him
sad.gif

You should google the symptoms. Sometimes you will be surprised how many ppl go thru the same symptoms are u. Google knows everything! hahah! They say Google knows you better than your husband does. Haha

Hey Chloezork! Welcome!!

Tummy Cramp I guess it's normal. .. I'm Hving bad cramps too but no spotting or wad. . So still ok. . Went for a scan too early last week n couldn't spot a single sac. But surely is positive after 2 strong dark lines on Watson test kit. . Lol. ..
Going to dr khi n check again next week. Hoping to see something before hub fly off...

Everyday I'm so slpy! @_@

Good morning ladies, wah one day never log in n we have so many new Dec mummies, congrats all!

Positive, my 2nd hcg was 981, at first I was abit concerned, cos the doubling time was 52 hrs, which sounded abit slow to me, but Dr Loh said its still within normal range, so I guess I have to take her word. Was thinking of asking for a 3rd beta but I think she will laugh at me for wasting $$. So ok la, shall guai guai wait for my scan on 19th. Still no symptoms - no sore boobs, no nausea, no bloatedness, appetite only so so, only sign perhaps is fatigue. How r things on your side?
happy.gif

double_wenz -
i felt weird with my boobs in pain like sudden pain here and there..and cramps sometimes on left sometimes on right. sometimes stabbing sometimes dull. definitely not what i experienced during pre-menses.

so i tested in the morning when i was 4 weeks (at first i thought i was 5 weeks haa. count wrongly.) with clearblue and it shows a faint +. i thought my eyes were playing tricks on me so i kept looking at it in different lighting. in the end i bought the digital one and tested on the same day (afternoon). it showed "pregnant 1-2weeks" from conception. so happy. next day i did a test again just for fun. this time with guardian test kit. it showed negative. >.<

anyway my symptoms were all there, sensitive nipples, twitching pain on boobs, lower abdomen (left and right..mainly right) and lower back sourness..so i take it as yes i am pregnant! made appointment with dr kenneth and he did a scan for me confirming the pregnancy. i was so worried it was ectopic pregnancy since i have been having pain on lower right abdomen even though no spotting. luckily not. as hubby and i were not hardworking at all that month, it came as a surprise.

anishrei -
yes i was surprised he gave that little book too. it was a nice touch.

anyway like i said, im still shopping for gynae. so ive decided to try dr henry cheng. hopefully i can get an appointment with him soon.

hazelnuts,
i understand how u feel.. if u think is neccesary with one more BT just go ahead.. HCG BT is abt $40. but I think raffles will be much more exp...
My boobs are sore.. mild nausea..I don't know whether I should go for the private gynae scan on week 5 or just wait for my kk scan on 16 April.. week 5 like too early to see anything.. but yet curious to see what is inside doing now.. haha..

Already: hey yeah! It was a surprise for me too! Cos DH n I are not very hardworking this month as well.. Actually we just started trying. My boobs are pain as well but not as pain as the PMS pain.. That's why I didn't think so much previously.. But abt 2 weeks ago, my mood swing was very terrible.. I thought menses are coming..

Looks like everyone is having cramp now.. According to the app calculation, I'm at the 5th week of pregnancy.. My bestie advice me to look for a GP first becos at this stage, even the gynae have nothing much to tell me.. The most the gynae will do a blood test &amp; even the scan can see nothing too.. Maybe just a dot.. My bestie Gynae actually told her that she don't have to visit Gynae so soon.. Will see a GP tomorrow..

Anyway, congrates to all dec mummies!! Looking forward to go through the 9 months with u all.. Jia you everyone!!

Hazelnut,

Don't worry.. The hcg will pick up.. My hcg at 11dp4dt was only 209, at 5w5d was 21k, and 51k 3 days later.. If ur doc didn't ask u to go for another bt means it's ok
happy.gif

Positivecalm,

BT at kkh is $40? Quite exp ah.. Scan at 5 wks could be too early.. might be better to wait till ur appt.. but i totally understand your anxiety! My next scan is 16 apr too
happy.gif

Back