(2013/11) November 2013

Morning mummies!

Spend my day sleeping yesterday.. Nowadays I feel so tired easily.. Taking short naps on and off..

Welcome feisue16! I hope the rest of your pregnancy would be a good one..

twinnie, thanks but i've found the books already. bought it at 3 for $10 instead of the usual $39. hehehe... guess wat, yest nite i started reading the 1st book, feeling excited. but after 3 pages, i felt sleepy already. omg... lol

Xuan: are the books useful? I m thinking if I should buy also...

Twinnie: how much is ur friend selling?

xiaober: i heard the books are pretty useful, but i personally can't comment yet since i haven't finish reading them. if u're keen, there's a mummy on fb who quoted me $12 for 3 books, self collect at punggol or top up for postage. i can ask her to PM u if u want.

xiaober: i heard the books are pretty useful, but i personally can't comment yet since i haven't finish reading them. if u're keen, there's a mummy on fb who quoted me $12 for 3 books, self collect at punggol or top up for postage. i can ask her to PM u if u want.

Xuan: yes please! Thank you so much!

Mummies,

Im figuring how to order stuffs from drugstore. Is it worth buying bb shampoo & bodywash from drugstore? Cos im not sure whether the shipping cost will cost a bomb? Thinkin to buy California Baby - Super sensitive shampoo and bodywash cos i heard is quite good. Or shld i jus save some money and buy those J&J or normal brand shampoo and body wash from fairprice?

I have created an account w Vpost so have to use e Vpost US add to ship e stuff from drugstore. I have a qns. When i completing the billing & delivery address & payment page, they dun have Singapore in the "State/Region" box for the billing information. Our credit card r SG address. So how to complete this page? Sorry i sound so noob on online shopping.

Thanks in advance!

Mummies,

Im figuring how to order stuffs from drugstore. Is it worth buying bb shampoo & bodywash from drugstore? Cos im not sure whether the shipping cost will cost a bomb? Thinkin to buy California Baby - Super sensitive shampoo and bodywash cos i heard is quite good. Or shld i jus save some money and buy those J&J or normal brand shampoo and body wash from fairprice?

I have created an account w Vpost so have to use e Vpost US add to ship e stuff from drugstore. I have a qns. When i completing the billing & delivery address & payment page, they dun have Singapore in the "State/Region" box for the billing information. Our credit card r SG address. So how to complete this page? Sorry i sound so noob on online shopping.

Thanks in advance!
As drugstore don't accept credit card other than US cards, so vpost is actually buying your items on our behalf from drugstore, so you will have to enter your items & their descriptions, like link, colour, price, quantity etc, in the vpost concierge page, then vpost will purchase, and will send you an invoice for your to pay with you credit card, at their exchange rate, then they will arrange the items to be shipped to Singapore vpost, and vpost will ask you for shipping fees, when items arrived in Singapore vpost, then after you completed payment, they will deliver your items to your address.

http://www.vpost.com.sg/vpost/welcome?page=inc_helpmepay_vconcierge.html&option=2&asiacountry=SG

check out vpost website, as they always have promotion on the shipping with different credit cards, the last time I purchased from drugstore, my bill was about SGD200, shipping charges, after Citibank promo, think its 25%, end up paying about $34 for shipping charges. They calculate shipping based on either the size of the items, or the weight, so don't buy items like pillow which is light, but takes up a lot of space.

To me, I feel that vPosts' shipping rate cost quite a bomb lah..I ever kena a dress which is not heavy at all and the shipping rate is $30++, abt the same price as the dress itself.i will try not to use vPost unless very very desperate n no other website has the same products.Just my 2cents worth...

Hi Mummies,

Its Monday! How was weekend?

Was advise to take " dong cong cao" soup in third tri by a friend. She drank bird nest daily & drank this herbal soup twice a month. Anyone tried? There are mixed info on the internet so kinda ... Scary to try. I know not advisable any herbal in first tri but not very sure in third tri. Generally i have weak health but also super sensitive to food intake & etc. eg: most ladies are able to drink lotus root soup during pregnany but not for me. I have bleeding after drinking.

Also heard we are suppose to advise our gynea / hospital which paediatrician we want before delivery. Any recomendation? Must he/ she be from the hospital we are going to deliver our baby?

thirdmummies, thanks for the detailed explanation! What did u buy at drugstore?
Oh, need to go thru vconcierge, i tot i can use my credit card to pay myself. Cos the California Baby brand v ex in SG, so i tot to ship over from US but not sure whether add up e shipping cost will be e same cost anot.

2013san, actually i started taking dong cong cao during end 2nd trim cos i cough for 2 mths then recovered. I took it weekly after my cough recover cos many said will "pu" the lungs of mummy & bb. I read internet to stop taking dong cong cao toward end of 3rd trim cos heaty. I shall monitor and see how.

I tink paediatrican is better to take from the same hospital as u delivered so is easier for PD to check on ur bb daily.

re: Robinson sales on Sat
Anyone went for robinson sales last sat? I went there n spend $300 after all e discount. Think quite worth it cos medela & pigeon items having 25% sales! In addition, we can use e 50 bucks discount voucher if we spend $250. Also, whack a carton of pigeon wet wipes home but sadly pigeon wet wipes r aldy net price so no further discount.

Morning mommies! one more week closer to our EDDs!

Welcome Faisue! wow ur is really a classic case man.. how did u find out that u were preggie then since u had no symptoms? actually also gd that u had a worry free first trim!

Pinky, i think shampoo etc are very heavy so u might incur a higher shipping weight. Actually Vpost uses volumetric weight so it depends on the size of the box too. may be u check out some blogshop sellers and see how much it cost to buy directly from them. U can also buy the Desitin Creamy diaper cream from Drugstore.

Ankh got ur message! thanks a lot! will discuss with my hb.

Re: Maid
Little Prince, ur maid came already? My old maid is leaving this Sat, new maid will only arrive on 21 Sept! HAIZZZ means i have to cope a wk without a maid. already so big and heavy.. very sian.

Hi Mummies,

Its Monday! How was weekend?

Was advise to take " dong cong cao" soup in third tri by a friend. She drank bird nest daily & drank this herbal soup twice a month. Anyone tried? There are mixed info on the internet so kinda ... Scary to try. I know not advisable any herbal in first tri but not very sure in third tri. Generally i have weak health but also super sensitive to food intake & etc. eg: most ladies are able to drink lotus root soup during pregnany but not for me. I have bleeding after drinking.

Also heard we are suppose to advise our gynea / hospital which paediatrician we want before delivery. Any recomendation? Must he/ she be from the hospital we are going to deliver our baby?
For my #1, we don't know about PD,. so I doubt we told gynae who we want,. but #2, we asked for the same PD who attended to #1, she's Dr Chan Kit Yee of Singapore Baby & Child Clinic, her clinic is in Mt Alvernia Hospital, so I thought its easier.

thirdmummies, thanks for the detailed explanation! What did u buy at drugstore?
Oh, need to go thru vconcierge, i tot i can use my credit card to pay myself. Cos the California Baby brand v ex in SG, so i tot to ship over from US but not sure whether add up e shipping cost will be e same cost anot.

2013san, actually i started taking dong cong cao during end 2nd trim cos i cough for 2 mths then recovered. I took it weekly after my cough recover cos many said will "pu" the lungs of mummy & bb. I read internet to stop taking dong cong cao toward end of 3rd trim cos heaty. I shall monitor and see how.

I tink paediatrican is better to take from the same hospital as u delivered so is easier for PD to check on ur bb daily.

re: Robinson sales on Sat
Anyone went for robinson sales last sat? I went there n spend $300 after all e discount. Think quite worth it cos medela & pigeon items having 25% sales! In addition, we can use e 50 bucks discount voucher if we spend $250. Also, whack a carton of pigeon wet wipes home but sadly pigeon wet wipes r aldy net price so no further discount.
I bought some avent bottles, avent brush, Caltrade + D (this is a rather heavy item) & few other items, the box is not a big one, because the items didn't take up a lot of space. Some mummies shared that Amazon.com's prices are cheaper, and some entitled for free shipping to Singapore, you may want to check out.

Morning mommies! one more week closer to our EDDs!

Welcome Faisue! wow ur is really a classic case man.. how did u find out that u were preggie then since u had no symptoms? actually also gd that u had a worry free first trim!

Pinky, i think shampoo etc are very heavy so u might incur a higher shipping weight. Actually Vpost uses volumetric weight so it depends on the size of the box too. may be u check out some blogshop sellers and see how much it cost to buy directly from them. U can also buy the Desitin Creamy diaper cream from Drugstore.

Ankh got ur message! thanks a lot! will discuss with my hb.

Re: Maid
Little Prince, ur maid came already? My old maid is leaving this Sat, new maid will only arrive on 21 Sept! HAIZZZ means i have to cope a wk without a maid. already so big and heavy.. very sian.
I can understand how you feel, I once tahan about 1 month, without a maid, from having one before, and now that you are pregnant, it will be more 辛苦, just do whatever that is necessary, and the rest can close 1 eye first, take care of your body first!

I can understand how you feel, I once tahan about 1 month, without a maid, from having one before, and now that you are pregnant, it will be more 辛苦, just do whatever that is necessary, and the rest can close 1 eye first, take care of your body first!
it's not the housework that i m worried abt.. i usually just close one eye on that. just that my dad is the only caregiver for the 2 boys. they are really too active for him to handle alone. usually when he goes to pick #1 from sch, my maid will jagar #2 (who is usually napping). plus it will be really too much if my dad has to cook for my kiddos too. likely i would have to take a whole week off to do cooking and help to take care of the kids when my dad has to pick my mom from work too.

I do have a lot of leave left to be cleared before i go on maternity yet i feel so guilty for taking it! am i weird or what? i feel like i need to justify myself for taking the leave.. may be cos i was on such a long mc previously.. haizzz

morning mummies... how's everyone weekend?

Welcome Faisue! classic case. it must be a surprise for u and ur hub... congrats. your gynae must be very surprise to find such a big bb in you. good for u, no 1st trimester worries.

2013san, maybe u want to go see a tmc to check? looks like you are alot more sensitive than others.
your gynae will give u a choice for a PD then u just choose who u prefer. for mt a, dr chan is a good choice. last time i dont know so just just assign one but we didnt like her so change after a mth.

medela spare parts, rmb someone looking to buy from US. will it be cheaper? i used to buy from littlethinker from shm bp but their price seems to increase alot. wonder if it will be cheaper to buy direct from US. i need 2 set of freestyle spare part plus funnel and bottles, if i will to buy from bp it will cost close to $200.

Hi Fuzzybear..understand ur concerns abt the maid-less thingy.Maybe u can consider ordering ur food and have them delivered.im bcoming heavy too n can't cook as much as I would like so I delivery arranged the whole wk..bo pian..anyway, I felt lethargic and decided to go for a traditional massage when the aunty told me to go check cos my tummy is tight n hard.i was still blur blur then haaha.Found out when I 'realised' my last menses was mths back haha..did a home preg test 3 times n all positive lolz..by then alrdy at 20wks liao..Thank god baby is healthy after I went for the very first scan.

morning mummies... i am soooo tired! had a busy weekend, both hub n i felt like we din get any proper rest at all n it's monday again. trying to push myself by looking forward to wed, fri n sat when i will be having appts n "events".

this morning came into office n saw boss' email abt putting the search of my temp staff as priority as she is worried that i'll be due soon. honestly nobody else is more anxious than me abt this lor.. this is already the priority of my priorities, but my hands n legs are tied cos it's not easy to find someone who's willing to do temp contract and good at the same time. sigh...

Morning mummies!

Spend my day sleeping yesterday.. Nowadays I feel so tired easily.. Taking short naps on and off..

Welcome feisue16! I hope the rest of your pregnancy would be a good one..

Xuan: are the books useful? I m thinking if I should buy also...

Twinnie: how much is ur friend selling?

i will check and get back to you!

morning mommies!

anyone saw the picture of McLizard? Mcdonalds say that it's a blood vein of a chicken but my colleague was saying how can the blood vein be so big. anyway, ever since that report, I haven't eaten Mcdonalds! Blessing in disguise for me. haha.

hi mommies, was a tiring weekend. tummy getting heavier. cant wait to offload the load soon...

for PD, i will advise to get the same PD in the same hosp. MY gynae recommended me a PD assign to baby at birth and we have been using him.
FOr csection, gynae even advise the PD to be in the operating theatre. in case anything happens to baby, PD can be there to check at the same time. BTW mine was breech baby. that why gynae will advise PD to be in the op theatre too. in case of complications

good morning mummies....

momnov, maybe I'm tall thus tummy seems small and can move ard freely...
just had a bbq over the weekend with my extended families and not many can tell I'm preggy despite in my trim3...

Last week was fulfilling... Friday took leave and bring my boy to sea aquarium together with my mum, follow by bbq on sat evening...
still managed to go orchard at noon to shop for birthday present and have a good lunch...

wasting sun away... but not too bad...

Welcome faisue16.... it was a nice surprise isn't it?

Fuzzybear, just go ahead and apply leave bah...

Went maid agency on Friday morning too... I ask the agency to check if the helper has BO...
going thru so many profile and only manage to select one that please all our eyes.... hahaha

good morning mummies!

Welcome faisue16! congrats! i love to watch "I didn't know I was Pregnant" too. watch "Deliver me" quite regularly too :)

febie, heehee... i also must rem to check if helper has BO. I finally finished the test for first time employers ytd! hope to engage a helper soon too. had an argument with hubby over housework ytd. he don't want to let me clean the house. but he kept procrastinating and made me nag... hopefully with a helper, we can take away this potential stressor.

good morning mummies, had a tiring weekend... my son was sick from Friday... till now he doesn't want to eat or drink anything though fever has come down.... he is very stubborn to take his food... not sure if he has got infection or not...i put him in playgroup since monday, he must have got infection from there... i was very rude (terribly) at him on sat night as whole day he didn't eat n he was not eating his dinner also...feeling guilty ...

i took him to GP nearby, he say normal fever by checking temp (by then fever was reduced due to medicine we gave at home) .. am really worried if its HFMD, ... i dont see any blisters on his hand or feet... didn't check his mouth... am very much concerned...he has no fever now but not eating at all... i guess need to go to PD to check on his eating habits...

febie: am also very tall, but tummy is quite big for 30 weeks... hmm depends on individual...

Welcome faisue16! congrats! exciting news for you n ur hubby right?

fuzzybear: hmm try ordering delivery food... i know how difficult is without helper...

mawanab, agency called that maid not available anymore... sob sob....
need to go down again when they call me on the new arrival biodata...

momnov, ya it depends on individual I guess...

febie, how come agency never reserve for you? after all that hardwork looking thru all the biodata...
u are getting helper from where? I'm thinking of philippines. hopefully they can understand eng better and lesser probability for miscomm. but a bit ex wor..

Faisue, i dun think i will order tingkat just for a week.. adult and my #1 meals can be settled outside. it is my #2's meals that have to be home cooked as he is only 16 mths old. he won't be able to take adult food until he is past 2 yrs old at the very least. for my #1 i cooked all his meals until he was 30 mths old cos of his allergies.. even now, as and when possible, we try to cook my kids' meals at home.

Wah ur story really really classic! u must be super duper happy when u found out u were preggie! is it a boy or gal?

Febie, huh BO? how would they know if maid got BO or not? actually, in our hot weather, sure will have some smell after doing all the household chores. Don't say the maid, sometimes after chasing my boys around, i also stink.. :p i buy my maids deodorants and insist they use it lor.

Manawab, what made u guys get a maid in the end? because of the arguments? guys are notorious procrastinators! sometimes my hb can drag his shower until 1-2am in the morning!

fuzzybear, your hubby shower so late! then how to sleep after that with wet hair?
aiyo.. housework is the key consideration. now with just the 2 of us, we are alr quite lazy when it comes to doing housework. since we moved out on our own, i've learnt to live in a dusty house.. hahaa.. we only lightly clean the floors once a week. only do major cleaning once every mth. quite disgusting hor?
then it seems like with baby, got a lot more stuff to wash and clean. so we are thinking, we will probably quarrel everyday over who is doing the washing, etc. and i'm not keen for baby to live in a dusty env... so, tot a helper would be a good option. we are aware of the potential problems that come with a helper, but i think, it'll pale in comparison to quarreling over housework everyday.
also tot maybe can train helper to look after baby. no suitable infant care around my house and i don't have a car. so quite mafan to bring baby anywhere.

good afternoon, mummies. haiz, was stuck in a full day AM mtg and now lunching in front of my notebook. didn't hv a good wkend too, fretting over #1's school work (and his areas of improvement) and doing chores (hb worked throughout from Sat night till this morning!). hb supposed to be back for dinner with me yesterday but couldn't coz of some system issues so he only made it home this morning to say goodbye to me at the carpark. i ate biscuits throughout whole of yesterday, this morning gave him killer look then he promised will make sure he come home tonight to accompany me. :(

cordyceps, my aunt recc me to take cordyceps or tang shen with red dates and wolfberries, said good for baby's lungs. i took that for #1 too but haven't have time to boil yet this time round.

PD - shucks! forgot to ask gynae during checkup, must rem to ask in next chkup if we need to choose. anyone seeing gynae at TMC asked already?

fuzzybear, helper supposed to come 2 wks ago then delayed coz her training with AWWA was delayed due to natural disaster in Philippines last mth, supposed to come by this wkend but when i called agent, he said Philippines govt has yet to approve her paperwork to fly over. Argh! i told agent already delayed for so long, he said he will check for me and call me back later. headache, already expected sure got problem. :mad:

eh, leave is yr entitlement ma. or maybe you can work fm home instead? for me, i wld rather work fm home coz no one will do my work for me if i don't do it. as for your #2's meals, can freeze some veggie cubes then cook porridge in slow cooker before you go to work daily? your father can add the cubes and fish and that can eat for lunch and dinner?

mawanab, when will your maid come if you only book now? haiz, i hope i won't have to find another maid all over again.

morning mummies... how's everyone weekend?

Welcome Faisue! classic case. it must be a surprise for u and ur hub... congrats. your gynae must be very surprise to find such a big bb in you. good for u, no 1st trimester worries.

2013san, maybe u want to go see a tmc to check? looks like you are alot more sensitive than others.
your gynae will give u a choice for a PD then u just choose who u prefer. for mt a, dr chan is a good choice. last time i dont know so just just assign one but we didnt like her so change after a mth.

medela spare parts, rmb someone looking to buy from US. will it be cheaper? i used to buy from littlethinker from shm bp but their price seems to increase alot. wonder if it will be cheaper to buy direct from US. i need 2 set of freestyle spare part plus funnel and bottles, if i will to buy from bp it will cost close to $200.

Hi mush, I just came back from the medela service centre - its cheaper to buy the spare parts from there. and before you go, you may want to test if your pump is in working condition.. my battery cannot make it after 3 years in storage. So I change everything except the pump itself. tubing cost $29, compare to online and retail selling at 30+.

fuzzybear, yr new maid is also a Filippino? my agent called me back after checking, apparently coz my selected maid's training ended late due to the natural disaster in Philippines so her final paperwork is held back now pending approval by Philippines govt due to the new ruling effective 1 Sep. agent said may drag another 1-2 weeks, once paperwork approved by govt then can buy air ticket for maid to fly over, then need a few days to attend safety awareness course here before i can fetch her home. haiz ... asked agent what happens if she is still not here after 1-2 weeks, he said then i can choose to select a new maid or he refund me all that i have paid. arghhhh.

oh no, little prince, you only ate biscuits the whole of yesterday? Instant noodles or mac delivery is still better than just biscuits. Take care and eat more today!

fuzzybear, yr new maid is also a Filippino? my agent called me back after checking, apparently coz my selected maid's training ended late due to the natural disaster in Philippines so her final paperwork is held back now pending approval by Philippines govt due to the new ruling effective 1 Sep. agent said may drag another 1-2 weeks, once paperwork approved by govt then can buy air ticket for maid to fly over, then need a few days to attend safety awareness course here before i can fetch her home. haiz ... asked agent what happens if she is still not here after 1-2 weeks, he said then i can choose to select a new maid or he refund me all that i have paid. arghhhh.

Gosh, you might want to try Fuzzybear's agent. I think he is more pricey but should be more reliable as alot of his clients are return customers.

littleprince, i don't know how long it will take to get a maid. just read online from MOM website that the first hurdle for me is to take the test for first time employers for FDWs. which agent did you go to? how can ask you to select a new maid or say will refund you. if new maid, means you need to waste more time waiting for a new maid to go thru training?

btw, is it true that market rate for helpers from phil starts at $500?

fuzzybear, your agent v good ah? if not convenient to share here.. can PM me? tks!

Third3timemum,
As in they will launch more sessions for the sso baby prom for the weekend. Nw is just weekdays sessions. I usually wait till they "add" weekend shows before i buy.

Fleefly,
I think its common to see tat in cc. And it operates like "factory operation line". 1 teacher bathe n 1 teacher dry. To be frank ho, my boy still sees me naked when i bathe. As my mbr toilet's door is glass door. Common toilet is for washing clothes and no one uses it except me. I will have to "migrate" the kids to using the common toilet soon instead of the one in my mbr.

Fuzzybear,
I didnt know tat dun nd to be hospitalized to get HL. I thot its a must as drs always say if wan hl needs to be warded for at least a nite.
Yes he is hot but no harm asking. His team of coaches are pretty gd as well. Are u looking at 1-1? Or small grp based?
1week will pass very soon. If ur dad really cant cope no choice u just have to apply leave to help out. U dun feel gd taking leave can always take halfday, at least can get some work done and can cook for ur #2. U guys will be able to cope somehow.

Plush,
How abt taking mc? Or leave?

Gelobean,
Yes! Peony jade's orh nee mooncakes sell like hotcakes! My hb bought a box when they went to sell at his company's office too. U bought the one with or w/o yolk?
Yes. Hm fav's msw mooncakes are gd!! This yr i may try goodwoodpark as they have a new durian combo.

Re: mooncakes
Besides taste, design of boxes also impt to me. Lol.

Faisue16,
Welcome to the thread.
Shipping usually goes by volume weight of box, nt the actual weight of the dress/item itself. Also depends hw merchant packs the items. Some merchants like disney always use big boxes n doesnt fully utilise the whole box. Thus if a lot of free space vpost may help to repack into smaller boxes and u will incur additional $12 for repacking on top of shipping charges. Unless alot of items else if a few items i rather join sprees.

SN,
I saw the article but i refused to read it. I feel v disgusting just by hearing it. Eks!

Re: weekends
Hectic weekend as i have been going out and abt. Shopping, party etc. my boy's enrichment teacher thot i m due anytime soon!

Momnov,
Go easy on ur boy. Sick usually no appetite. Mayb just give him more milk n watever bread or soupy stuffs he can stomach?

Litprince,
Aiyo. Why u took biscults whole of yest? Can go out tabao or call for home delivery?

Attigal, I bought my pump for service 2mths back. According to the the batt cmi liao. But I didn't change it as their charges for a new batt is very high, $150? I went hm to charge, run the pump then let the batt power sit for the pass 2mth. I checked yesterday, the batt power is still holding. So buy spare part from service center cheaper? Hmm... Anyone else going down? Can help to change price for freestyle spare parts, funnel and bottles?

SN, felval, yarrrr coz he told me he would be back around 6pm+ initially, then delayed till 10pm then (i was intending to ask him to pack Mac back for me) after that still cannot go home. by then i was already hungry and ANGRY la, so i just ate biscuits (again!) and drank milo then went to bed lor.

my agent is not really unreliable (coz my relatives has been using him for years) but i think unlucky for me lor, happened to be stuck in such a situation. anyway, will wait 2 more weeks and see how.

mawanab, the test is very easy to take wan leh. i think its a website from Singapore Poly or what, just go in to do elearning and online test. he recc a new maid or refund me coz he didn't want to keep me waiting for too long, not tt he was trying to be irresponsible la. coz no one can guarantee when the govt will approve the paperwork so he was just giving the various alternatives if i don't wish to wait for too long. most experienced Filippino maids are drawing $500 or $550.

Little Prince, no leh my maid is on schedule to come. in fact air tix already booked. she was delayed slightly but this is usually the case cos of paperwork issue. she is due to reach SG on 19th Sept, 10 days after what they first told me. my agent specialised in Filipino maids so they have a regular supply of maids coming over. Hope you get your maid soon man. i know how u feel cos last time i waited 5.5 mths for my 2nd maid!!! but that time i only had 1 kid so very easy for me to handle, plus i wasn't preggie..

Haiyoh, u so poor thing.. next time order delivery in.. how u survive on just biscuits?!

Manawab, i can PM u my agency contact.

Val, yeah i realised that it was that David Lim, our ex-national swimmer. do u use his coaches? i m looking to start a small class. About HL, i think the guidelines are not clear abt it but doctors will always want to err on the cautious side. if anybody complains, their reputation goes down the drain so they will really see how badly u are suffering before issuing HL.

As for surviving without maid, i m sure i can.. just that it will be hard. i m trying my best not to be bothered abt what my boss say. she already told me not to take leave on certain days next wk. zzzzz also i m suffering from contractions and ventolin really makes my heart pound.. very hard to breathe too. really not looking forward to handling the boys alone.. i really dunno how u do it Val... cos i can't even talk without gasping now.. i m actually having a cold but still force myself to work cos really cannot afford to take mc..

I think it is me and my overblown sense of responsibility.

littleprince, you say experienced filippino maids draw $500 or $550. my mum's maid says her sis (no experience) wants to work in singapore and asked me if i wanna take her. she is asking for $500 liao.

littleprince, you say experienced filippino maids draw $500 or $550. my mum's maid says her sis (no experience) wants to work in singapore and asked me if i wanna take her. she is asking for $500 liao.
No experience is $450 with off days.. $500 prob has alternate wkends off.. do u know the Fil Embassy has an 'official' contract to say we have to pay them USD$600?? that works out to be near SGD$700++

Attigal, I bought my pump for service 2mths back. According to the the batt cmi liao. But I didn't change it as their charges for a new batt is very high, $150? I went hm to charge, run the pump then let the batt power sit for the pass 2mth. I checked yesterday, the batt power is still holding. So buy spare part from service center cheaper? Hmm... Anyone else going down? Can help to change price for freestyle spare parts, funnel and bottles?

yeah the battery very ex. but no choice coz my battery really kaput liao. You can call and check their prices. 6562 6298.

good morning mummies, had a tiring weekend... my son was sick from Friday... till now he doesn't want to eat or drink anything though fever has come down.... he is very stubborn to take his food... not sure if he has got infection or not...i put him in playgroup since monday, he must have got infection from there... i was very rude (terribly) at him on sat night as whole day he didn't eat n he was not eating his dinner also...feeling guilty ...

i took him to GP nearby, he say normal fever by checking temp (by then fever was reduced due to medicine we gave at home) .. am really worried if its HFMD, ... i dont see any blisters on his hand or feet... didn't check his mouth... am very much concerned...he has no fever now but not eating at all... i guess need to go to PD to check on his eating habits...

febie: am also very tall, but tummy is quite big for 30 weeks... hmm depends on individual...

Welcome faisue16! congrats! exciting news for you n ur hubby right?

fuzzybear: hmm try ordering delivery food... i know how difficult is without helper...
Just came back from doctor, confirmed HFMD, MC for 1 week. He got it in 2011, and spread to his older brother who's 8years older than him. This time round, last Friday was having fever,and said throat painful even when drinking water, then Sat fever came down, but started vomitting, and saw few red dots on his palms, then end of the day saw some red dots on his feet . Doctor said there are different types of HFMD, his seems mild, and getting better, as he never complain sore throat anymore, and no more new red dots.

Drink plenty of water, stay away from other kids, wash hands with soap if in contact with the HFMD kid. Hubby was worried he may spread to me or baby, was very fierce towards him on Sat night, forced him to not sleep or get close to me, he was crying so loudly and I feel so 心痛. He so poor thing, although he's 5, but there are still a lot of things he don't understand. Then we google and studies showed that it may spread to mummies or the unborn, but if infected, will show only mild symptoms, we checked with Doctors, they also said may or may not spread to mummies & unborn.

Third3timemum,
As in they will launch more sessions for the sso baby prom for the weekend. Nw is just weekdays sessions. I usually wait till they "add" weekend shows before i buy.

Fleefly,
I think its common to see tat in cc. And it operates like "factory operation line". 1 teacher bathe n 1 teacher dry. To be frank ho, my boy still sees me naked when i bathe. As my mbr toilet's door is glass door. Common toilet is for washing clothes and no one uses it except me. I will have to "migrate" the kids to using the common toilet soon instead of the one in my mbr.

Fuzzybear,
I didnt know tat dun nd to be hospitalized to get HL. I thot its a must as drs always say if wan hl needs to be warded for at least a nite.
Yes he is hot but no harm asking. His team of coaches are pretty gd as well. Are u looking at 1-1? Or small grp based?
1week will pass very soon. If ur dad really cant cope no choice u just have to apply leave to help out. U dun feel gd taking leave can always take halfday, at least can get some work done and can cook for ur #2. U guys will be able to cope somehow.

Plush,
How abt taking mc? Or leave?

Gelobean,
Yes! Peony jade's orh nee mooncakes sell like hotcakes! My hb bought a box when they went to sell at his company's office too. U bought the one with or w/o yolk?
Yes. Hm fav's msw mooncakes are gd!! This yr i may try goodwoodpark as they have a new durian combo.

Re: mooncakes
Besides taste, design of boxes also impt to me. Lol.

Faisue16,
Welcome to the thread.
Shipping usually goes by volume weight of box, nt the actual weight of the dress/item itself. Also depends hw merchant packs the items. Some merchants like disney always use big boxes n doesnt fully utilise the whole box. Thus if a lot of free space vpost may help to repack into smaller boxes and u will incur additional $12 for repacking on top of shipping charges. Unless alot of items else if a few items i rather join sprees.

SN,
I saw the article but i refused to read it. I feel v disgusting just by hearing it. Eks!

Re: weekends
Hectic weekend as i have been going out and abt. Shopping, party etc. my boy's enrichment teacher thot i m due anytime soon!

Momnov,
Go easy on ur boy. Sick usually no appetite. Mayb just give him more milk n watever bread or soupy stuffs he can stomach?

Litprince,
Aiyo. Why u took biscults whole of yest? Can go out tabao or call for home delivery?

thanks Val your comfort words... yeah i am on easy on him since yesterday, but thing is he is not eating or drinking anything and my worry is if he will be very weak due to no food... he just keep crying hungry but doesn't want to eat... heart aching to see like him...

Just came back from doctor, confirmed HFMD, MC for 1 week. He got it in 2011, and spread to his older brother who's 8years older than him. This time round, last Friday was having fever,and said throat painful even when drinking water, then Sat fever came down, but started vomitting, and saw few red dots on his palms, then end of the day saw some red dots on his feet . Doctor said there are different types of HFMD, his seems mild, and getting better, as he never complain sore throat anymore, and no more new red dots.

Drink plenty of water, stay away from other kids, wash hands with soap if in contact with the HFMD kid. Hubby was worried he may spread to me or baby, was very fierce towards him on Sat night, forced him to not sleep or get close to me, he was crying so loudly and I feel so 心痛. He so poor thing, although he's 5, but there are still a lot of things he don't understand. Then we google and studies showed that it may spread to mummies or the unborn, but if infected, will show only mild symptoms, we checked with Doctors, they also said may or may not spread to mummies & unborn.

oh! so sorry to hear that... hope he can recover fast... does he eat properly? take care of him n you too... i know its hard to see them crying...

my son not eating at all, sat night i locked him to cry as he was not eating... i think he got scared.. he keeps murmuring dont want to eat in his dream... am so guilty doing that... was very concerned that he has not taken anything....

i need to take him today itself to Dr then, to check if he has HFMD... i hope he doesn't have... fingers crossed...

Last edited:
fuzzybear, okok. maybe i shall wait just till end of this week and see how else i ctc yr agent instead. haiya, today i am very sick of biscuits already. eh, your health comes first la. already gone through 2 difficult trimesters so if you need to take leave, you must do it lor. don't risk yourself or baby's health for work. the company won't collapse without you.

thirdtimemum, oh dear poor boy! but you are right that need to be careful coz HFMD can spread to adults and somemore you are pregnant. hope hb can manage him more so that it won't be a difficult time for you. do take care and take care of personal hygiene if you need to handle your boy.

momnov, do take care of yourself too! think weather is not too good, many kids are not feeling well. my boy was having a slight flu over the weekend but saw he was much better this morning, must increase vit c dosage!

oh! so sorry to hear that... hope he can recover fast... does he eat properly? take care of him n you too... i know its hard to see them crying...

my son not eating at all, sat night i locked him to cry as he was not eating... i think he got scared.. he keeps murmuring dont want to eat in his dream... am so guilty doing that... was very concerned that he has not taken anything....

i need to take him today itself to Dr then, to check if he has HFMD... i hope he is fine... i myself feeling slight sore throat since this morning..
I think my son is alright now, except for the red dots, he also never complain itchy anymore, and he requested to eat the zinger rice from kfc earlier on, if he can swallow rice, think he's ok.

Maybe you can boil barley water for him to drink, or chrysanthemum , usually drinking plenty of water will help get rid of the virus, nothing much Doctor can prescribe as well, only calamine lotion to cool the affected areas, and nothing else.

I think you cannot really force a kid to eat, think if they are hungry, they will ask for food. Maybe your son is not well now, so no appetite at all.

Recently my son told him he doesn't want to go to the childcare because the food is not nice, and there is fish which he doesn't like, so I said just tell the teachers you can't eat so much, he said sometimes he vomited and teacher still forced him to eat. So I told him to ask his teacher if there's any food which the teacher don't like, and if anyone force her to eat. I already highlighted to the principal about this.

Sometimes he doesn't take breakfast & lunch and we don't force him to eat.

Doctor also told me not to share food with my son, and use separate utensils.

fuzzybear, okok. maybe i shall wait just till end of this week and see how else i ctc yr agent instead. haiya, today i am very sick of biscuits already. eh, your health comes first la. already gone through 2 difficult trimesters so if you need to take leave, you must do it lor. don't risk yourself or baby's health for work. the company won't collapse without you.

thirdtimemum, oh dear poor boy! but you are right that need to be careful coz HFMD can spread to adults and somemore you are pregnant. hope hb can manage him more so that it won't be a difficult time for you. do take care and take care of personal hygiene if you need to handle your boy.

momnov, do take care of yourself too! think weather is not too good, many kids are not feeling well. my boy was having a slight flu over the weekend but saw he was much better this morning, must increase vit c dosage!
Thanks littleprince!

er momnov, you locked your son in his room to cry? poor boy. he was already sick, of course he has no appetite. You wouldn't want him to be sick and hungry and sad all at the same time. Even adults don't feel like eating when we are sick. as long as he drinks some milk, or even eat some biscuits, ice cream, it's good enough already. you can feed him more when he recovers fully.

I think my son is alright now, except for the red dots, he also never complain itchy anymore, and he requested to eat the zinger rice from kfc earlier on, if he can swallow rice, think he's ok.

Maybe you can boil barley water for him to drink, or chrysanthemum , usually drinking plenty of water will help get rid of the virus, nothing much Doctor can prescribe as well, only calamine lotion to cool the affected areas, and nothing else.

I think you cannot really force a kid to eat, think if they are hungry, they will ask for food. Maybe your son is not well now, so no appetite at all.

Recently my son told him he doesn't want to go to the childcare because the food is not nice, and there is fish which he doesn't like, so I said just tell the teachers you can't eat so much, he said sometimes he vomited and teacher still forced him to eat. So I told him to ask his teacher if there's any food which the teacher don't like, and if anyone force her to eat. I already highlighted to the principal about this.

Sometimes he doesn't take breakfast & lunch and we don't force him to eat.

Doctor also told me not to share food with my son, and use separate utensils.

same here, thirdtimemum. My son sometimes doesnt take breakfast or lunch or dinner and we don't force him to eat too. Our tactic is to eat first and usually when he sees that what we are eating is interesting and yummy, he will auto request to eat it too. If we force him to eat, he will think that eating is a chore.

Back