(2013/11) November 2013

xuan, when buying medela FS, can let me know too? tks!!

Pinky, i bought peg perego pliko p3. agree it's kind of heavy. but hubby likes it cos it's seems more durable. i had wanted to get capella cos it's cheaper.

fuzzybear, you get full easily which i think is good. lately, i'm like a bottomless pit. keep eating non-stop
sad.gif
think for the most part, i'm just greedy. not hungry. so hubby keeps nagging me to eat healthy and stop snacking. sighs...

Weight gain - shld i consider my weight gain as 10kg or 5kg??? Coz pre-pregnancy, i was 55kg and i dropped to 50kg in 1st trimester.. now i am 60kg!
Hahaha.. 10kg abit scary lor. But nowadays i can feel that my 1st trimester symptoms are coming back.. coz i start to feel like puking after meals. I really hope it wont happen anymore.

Pinky, my Maclaren has nv fallen on me before.. its 7+kg leh.. are u mixing it up with Combi? Peg Perego is a pretty gd brand too..
happy.gif
can try the Pliko or the Skate.. but the feedback i have from frens using Peg Perego that it is very warm and not really user friendly.. their bbs dun quite like to sit in that pram for some strange reason.. haha.. may be cos the incline isn't much? not too sure. They change to Maclaren and it worked for their bb.. one reason is becos Maclaren allows the baby to be sat upright with back support may be.

Little Prince, yup i got u the first time. I prefer to plug in because when i have blocks, i can pump very long. what i m scared of is that my battery goes flat in the middle of a pump session! plus i really hear a lot of battery problems for the latest batch of pumps. Because the battery is inside no matter what and u can't remove it to charge. u tend to fry ur battery this way and also lessen it's lifespan.

Manawab, try to control lor.. eat healthier snacks like whole grain, nuts, dried fruits or fresh fruits.. i need to eat often so i think it works out to be the same as u! hahah..

Kayliz, i would count from pre-preg weight. Like u i was 56kg, then dropped to 52kg.. now i m 58kg.

littleprince: i recall manduca on spree is also abt $180-$200. $240+ i think is retail price if buy from shops? haven't check the sprees recently, dun think price will increase so much ba...

plush, mawanab: okok! when i buying my pumps i will announce here. hahaha... =P

try asking megababystore for the pumps see if you all can get better price for buying together... I usually approach her to buy the spare parts. if you all want warranty check with her if she do provide.
happy.gif

Re: tsl 
Tsl = the studio loft
We have paid the studio for the package already. If any mummies still interested let me know. There is also F8 Angels but i nv try before so i cant comment.

Re: hosp gown
For kkh, the one u wear in the delivery suite is the blue one. Same as the one for operating theatre incase emergency csect. Once u are trf to ward, u will change into the pink gown. Its a dress with front flip tat allows u to lift it up to reveal 2 slits for bfeeding. I wear the hosp pink gown in ward as i do nt need to bring my own there neither need to bring any home to wash. 1 day 1 new set but anytime u request to change they will bring another set. 

fuzzybear, the Maclaren you have can be used fm newborn till older? can take picture to show us or find the picture online to show us? i didn't have a good pram for #1 and mostly used my sling instead, so have not decided what to buy yet for #2. intending to buy after baby is born in case we have colleagues who want to buy for us or chip in to sponsor. anyway, won't use pram alot initially. do you have car seat to recc also? am looking at one that can use from newborn till old enough to sit on booster.

if the FS battery got problem, its covered under warranty right? actually if this is the case, then mummies here better buy local set than US set? else if got problem, will be difficult to repair?

xuan, agape has BP in SM and selling at $240+ now. i can't find the thread tt used to sell manduca btw $180-$200. any mummies have any idea?

littleprince: which medela model did u trade in for? how much did u pay for the FS? i saw in kiddy palace selling $799 but comes with a box of hands-free pump kit (not medela brand). i heard from my friend the FS hands-free kit is a bit troublesome to set up.

wow, so many good buys from expo last weekend! Too bad I missed it... was planning to leave #1 at my mum's place while we go for the fair, but she refused to nap and we couldn't sneak out... grhh...

carters: I bought a romper from Giant before, carters brand, but the colours run! I think still safer to buy direct from US website during sales or just stick to the light colours.

manduca: There are a few in smh selling. One seller in WTS, a few in spree section and BP. One of the sellers in BP (agapebabies) sell at retail price, which is the $240+ one but she gives 12mth warranty. The rest are about the same price (~$180), but no warranty.

weight gain: I have gained about 10kg so far at 24wks+... but taste buds have changed, first tri I had cravings for spicy food, 2nd tri I like dried fruits and chocolates lol...

Anyone knows if there's any upcoming warehouse sales? Good to stock up on wash cloths, wipes, bottle wash, baby detergent etc at those.

Va|: i tried F8 Angels for my #1. i liked the style very much. This time round, i am looking at little miss rabbit. waiting for them to get back the pkg price to me.

jasline, thanks a lot!!

kayliz, i traded in my old electric plus pump for FS at $40 discount (different pump has different trade in value, they also noted if you have the receipt or price tag that you purchased the pump from previously. mine had the mums & babe price tag on the box). FS bought at $749, come with a handsfree brassiere. the rest are standard in the box. i think set up is the same as PISA or other Medela pumps, at least the set up looks very similar to my old electric plus. oh, one more plus point why i took FS was also because the other pumps have this thin white membrane which I needed to be replaced on both funnels often due to easy wear and tear last time. i was intending to buy the extra membranes for the FS pump when the lady told me i don't need to as FS don't use the membrane.

Fuzzybear/third3timemum,
Same here. I dun believe in nt bathing during confinement. Esp we are bfeeding, all the more we need to keep ourselves clean. Once i am able to walk, i will come dwn to bathe while in hosp. At hm, i bathe a few times per day too including washing my hair at least once a day. 
Gd to hear u manage to gain some weight! 6kg from pre preg? 

Re: bfeeding
Yes. Agrees with fuzzybear tat bfeeding is indeed hard but with determination and hardwork it can be done. Its just how much effort u wanna put in and whether u wanna give up easily or nt.
I nv supplement fm to my kids at all, nt even 1st few days in hosp. 1st 6mths i do nt give water to my baby too altho most of my friends say i sld. i standby my stand n earn myself a name: 'hardcore bfeeder'.

Angie,
I use pupsik studio baby pouch for both my 2 kids. Even nw still pouching my #2 but at the hip.

Re: baby fairs
I didnt attend any! Only looking fwd to the taka baby fair to grab watever i need. Frankly 3rd one liao, nthing much to buy. Watever i nd i have already since i already have a boy and a gal. I am buying for things for my 2 kids actually. Preparing presents to give them aft baby arrival. 

Plush,
My ID was image creative or creative image. Cant rem the order of the name. The only ID who knows exactly wat i wan. 

Kayliz,
To me u gained only 5kg coz f the weight lost Hoping my next rd of gynae visit i dun cross 50kg but i know its hard! Have been craving ice cream lately. Ate too much till i started coughing >_<
Ur maternity ps from f8 is indoor or outdoor?? Coz i saw my friend's sis did hers with friends for outdoor. Tts nt bad, something refreshing.

Plush,
Ok. I pm u shortly.

my friend was intending to pass me her steriliser, but she just informed me that she will need to sterilise her kid's bottles longer than expected so won't be able to pass to me le. luckily there's still taka fair for me to check out the sterilisers, n to get some good deals.

Between avent and pigeon sterilisers, mummies do u all know the pros n cons of these 2 brands? which is more "bottle friendly" as i'm not sure yet which bottle brand my bb will be using in future. heard that babies have different preferences with teats n bottles, esp since i'm planning to latch for the 1st few mths. i dun want to have to buy another steriliser just bcos it doesnt fit the bottles tt my bb will use... n since i'm buying medela pumps, i will have medela bottles. can avent/ pigeon steriliser both sterilise medela bottles?

Xuan,
Am using pigeon. The steriliser can sterilise medela bottles and it dual level. So i can sterilise my bottles at the top and bottom level. No complains on this brand as it serves me well.

thanks Val! any idea wat are the better promotions u've seen for sterilisers? bundle with free bottles or a certain % discount etc?

xuan, i used Avent sterilizer for #1 and could dump Pigeon, Tollyjoy, Avent milk bottles in it, and my medela pump parts and bottles. i am not familiar with both sterilizers but personally, i think its the look only? anyway, i bought Avent sterilizer again this round.
happy.gif

littleprince: thx for the info! agree with u on the PISA membranes. i replaced quite a number of times.. i will get my pump checked soon. if they say i need to replace anything then i will consider getting a new FS.

Val: mine was indoor. that time when i took their pkg, it was a very gd deal of $300+ for maternity + newborn shoot and all photos returned. think they were building up their portfolio that time.. they also gave those mummies who signed for this pkg a free outdoor group shot. During the kids' one year, she also did for us a free photoshoot of the group of toddlers. The photos were taken individually since the 10 kids cant sit still at the same time and photoshopped into a group.. we also got back all the photos. It was fun!

Val, replied to your PM. and thanks for the ID link. Will contact them for quote.
happy.gif

Re: Taka fair
Pls share what's the highlight at the fair? Why is it that so many mummies so excited abt it? Is it the most waited fair? Do I have to be a Taka member to enjoy the discounts? I am not a member, that's why.

Little Prince, I better get my pump checked soon.. after 5 yrs i m a bit concern that it will die on me for #3. cos i a heavy user of my pump. Yes it is worth it to buy a local set but it will cost me TWICE the price of my PISA leh.. sure i can think of the $$ saved from FM but really heartache.
sad.gif
not really worth it cos this is my last kid already. I didn't have to change my membranes leh.. not often.. i think i only changed it once due to tearing when i wash. usually after 1 yr of mooing i will change even though it is working very well.

Here's the stroller i use: http://www.shopmaclarenbaby.com/Techno-XT/MV000030,default,pd.html?dwvar_MV000030_color=Medieval-Blue#start=1
It can recline to be completely flat or to completely upright. In fact by the time my kiddos were abt 8 wks old, we put them upright and they don't have any issues holding their heads upright (they start tummy time at abt 2-3wks old). my sons have always been really happy in the stroller. nv crying or protesting so i m definitely a stroller person..

For carseat i use Britax, suitable from 0 mth- 4 yrs old. can sit damn long. don't really recommend the Maxi Cosi bucket type because the kid will outgrow that within a yr.

Xuan, last time, the older Pigeon steriliser was taller than the Avent one. Hence i could sterilised my assembled pump parts rather than taking them apart using the Pigeon steriliser. not sure if this still holds through. both sterilisers can take all types of bottles. the usual promo at Taka bb fair would be 1 steriliser, 1 NB bottle set (usually 2-4 bottles of diff sizes) and food warmer for abt $180-200.

Val, no lah.. i gain 6kg from wk 16 onwards.. but i lost 4kg.. net gain is only 2kg from pre-preg weight. BTW are u still bf-ing?

Sei, my Carters stuff never run colour before leh.. and i have tonnes of them! so weird! but i dun use bleach on my kids clothes.

wah fuzzybear, the steriliser+warmer+bottle set only $180-200? like very cheap leh! lol.. i dun find a need to have warmer yet, but if it comes in a bundle i will just grab. lol...

fuzzybear, the one that ran colour was bought from Giant... I didn't have issues with the ones bought from the US website, so maybe Giant one also not authentic lol...

@Fuzzybear, was eyeing on techno-xt. checked it out during the baby fair find it quite cheap offer at $199 but only concern is it's 7kg. I tried to single handle but quite heavy so decided to KIV.

Wow, lots of shopping over the weekend! Phew, today brought my #1 for P1 registration, rushed home, fed her lunch and sent her packing off for one hour kindy. Fish, only one hour break from her hahah!

SN, if talking about weight gain for last 4 weeks, think I should have gained about 2+kg as well. Ooh, I loved my old Brest friend pillow! My right wrist had some form of carpal tunnel syndrome after #1's birth and the pillow literally supported me during breastfeedig. Used it till it became kiam chye.

Fuzzybear, great to hear the blood clot has gone down so much! And hurray for vbac! Huh, your gynae can say you can afford the weight gain, mine told me I could afford the minimal weight gain between my last two visits. Grumble grumble, I really started off this pregnancy on the plump side.

Baby carriers: I've used Beco, Ergo and Patapum before, all about the same because of the thick padding at waist and over shoulders, giving good support. Never used Manduca before, but from the website it looks to work on the same concept. Think main differences between these brands are design, whether they have pocket(s), and what type, if any, cover is used to place over baby during naps or breastfeeding. Just note that you'll probably have to buy another insert if you want to start carrying the baby from newborn onwards. Else generally can start using when baby is 4 months onwards.
Ergo at baby expo fair was $149 for original design, to $189 for ventilated design. Insert was about $40 onwards. These were all discounted prices.
Erm, pls don't get baby bjorn. That carrier looks like the baby's weight is placed on shoulders and back. Really bad backache when baby gets heavier.

Plush, taka fair is the fair that kiddy palace will never have lol. Lots more discounts and bundles and choices for better quality products I feel. No nonsense booths selling cars (Volvo!) nor branded handbags nor insurance plans like at the baby expo fair.

ankh, wah..now i'm thinking of taking leave to put more attn on taka fair then. its from 24 July - 11 Aug right? Non taka member can enjoy the discounts? or extra discount for members etc? if yes, how to become member? thanks!
happy.gif

Plush, there's no additional discount for Taka credit card members. No additional perks for baby fair so if u are thinking of doing so just for the baby fair, then don't bother. The likely perks that u might use during the baby fair is free parking if u spend a certain amount.
happy.gif

Ankh, haha poor u.. Like SN too.. both ur gynaes are like crazy over weight gain! i know SN's gynae is famous for it. he made some mommy in my previous thread cry before and after her appointment cos he was so strict with her weight gain. before every appt she will stress herself out, after every appt she will complain non stop abt him. She had to eat salads for lunches to maintain her weight gain.

Bless, yeah it is heavy but too light and u risk the stroller toppling over. u really gotta see ur lifestyle too.

Sei, eh like that i dun dare to buy from Giant!

Xuan, the promo bundle deal changes so u really gotta wait for the promotions to come out.

jasline, I just applied online too. hehe.

fuzzybear, saw your comment aft that. wanted to grab the card prior to event just in case. but now that u say, no diff.. but I guess the parking charges will be very useful.
happy.gif

thanks ladies.

fuzzybear, hope your pump is working well during the check (remember the other couple i saw there said they used PISA for 4 kids over 8 years!) can resell local set if you stopped? i think will be tough to sell US set leh, local set can still buy 1 more year of extended warranty. but better check your pump soon for next course of action coz the svc ctr lady also said they may increase price for FS after phasing out PISA totally. btw, pls remember to ask to start warranty after baby is born since we still have 4 months to go.

thks for your recommendations for stroller and car seat! do you remember how much you bought them for?

xuan, my avent sterilzer package with warmer also cost around the price mentioned by fuzzybear during Robinsons sale last month. they also gave me free baby pillow and bolster.

Plush, no additional discount for taka member. Maybe free parking if u purchase above certain value.

Carrier, there is a shop in sq2 selling soft structure carriers but if u will to bring a infant there, they will always recommend manudca. Which is the most expensive carrier they have. But it's the only carrier that holds a bb without an additional infant insert. Anyway manudca is the only carrier I used and I strongly recommend it.

Stroller, I have a maclaren globeltrotter. It's a stroller for 6mths and above weight abt 5kg. It do topple if I hang my shopping bag behind without my gal sitting inside. I find anything more than 5kg heavy to bring ard, esp if u will to take public transport or if u will to travel oversea.

Cot, anyone used a ikea cot before? Does it matter to you if the side can't be drop? My old cot has a broken drop down and the castor wheel is a little faulty too so tok of changing. Ikea cot promotion looks good but theres no drop down and wheels and their cot seems a lot lower than the others. Anyone got comment on their cot?

Mandela fs, bought my to check. According to the service center, my batt won't hold charge but the unit is still working well. Recommend for me to change batt but it cost 149 just for the batt. Half a yr warrenty. I will probably try to charge and run it see how long can the batt last.

Anyone got recommendation for nursing pillow? I return my breast friend to my relative. But she broke the foam when she try to change the outer cover. Although breast friend is good but it can be quite hot to warp ard when nursing. Plus it only last me abt 1mth coz my gal gets too heavy for it after that.

thanks for the info, Jasline &amp; fuzzybear! i hope the bundle at taka fair is super good 1.. then save me from trouble n headache. now i just need to decide avent or pigeon. hmmm.... =x

RE: manduca
i took a look at the actual product at the baby fair and was told that manduca doesnt need to buy extra insert for newborn. the insert already comes together with it. i dunno abt ergo and baby bjorn, but so far i have seen ZERO manduca being resale on fb groups. hahaha... i guess that says quite abit. =P

RE: weight gain
i see u all talking abt weight gain n how particular each of ur gynaes are/ are not. making me feel abit nervous abt my mthly appt later leh. hope i dun gain too much, cos i scared it's difficult for me to lose them after birth also. hehe.. my gynae will be gg thru my FA scan report with us later! abit nervous abt it.. =x

Ladies, which manduca design is recommended? I have a beco butterfly. It's good and I used it very often till I got pregnant. Can be used fr infant too, it comes w an infant insert.

Mummychua, I got my nursing pillow at taka fair. Similar to my Brest friend but below $40. Maybe u can wait to see if its available this time round.

Hi all, I m new here. Pls include me in the list.
EDD: 18 Nov 2013
HOspital: KKH
Dr John Tee

A little self intro. THis is my 2nd pregnancy and my 1st is born in yr 2010. By the time this 2nd one is due, they would be 3 yrs apart. As my 1st is a boy, am really happy to know it's a girl!! Am happy to know that there are many mums here with one or two children. Am looking forward to share and exchange tips.

Actually, I had been a silent reader but did not join in cos my 3rd month OSCAR scan results is not ideal. Had gone for amnio 3 weeks ago and gotten results that everything is fine. MY 20 week scan showed that bb is smaller than average. I suspect that it might be due to miscalculation of the due date.

Anyone knows if the scan machine can calculate the due date? or is it manually calculate?

This has caused me unnecessary anxiety if is really miscalculated. Coz if is really doc calculated 2 weeks early, I might not have to go through amnio test!! Its painful but glad is over.

Xuan: please count me in when u r buying too! I hope to latch on in the first few mths at home but I guess I will eventually need it when I go bk to work?

I also notice it is much cheaper buying from amazon.com but then there is no warranty right? Such dilemma.

When is the taka fair ah?

Beside carter us, I also bought quite a lot from Tao bao. Hopefully quality is good!

I am 21 weeks today! But still dun feel baby move very much, only the occasional bubbles popping and sometimes I thought I see my tummy move when I sit still.

Quite worried and hope to feel it more regularly. Oh does it hurt when baby kick?

Btw, I went to the expo fair too. I like it there. BOught many diapers to stock up. I went on the 1st day. Wanted to go again on Sunday but was down with terrible flu and cough. Am still working on recovery.

As for breastfeeding, I vowed to latch bb on this time. My boy has a condition which does not allow me to latch him. so I express all the way for 8 months. Man!! It was exhausting!! All the washing of bottles, sterilising, thawing and warming up! I am so scared of these chores.

So I die die must latch this 2nd one and am happy to see I can gain tips on latch on from the more experienced one here. :D

bunny mummy 82 >I think we bought the same nursing pillow, it looks exactly like the My Brest Friend, except it is like half the price, Its brand is Shears, I got at baby baby fair at expo, although My Brest Friend selling at $61+ after 25% less, I thought can save $20+, so just get Shears

2jmum>welcome aboard!congrats that amnio result is good

If you know the actual date of the first day of your last menses, then it will never go wrong, 40 weeks from that day is your due date

Wah, i couldnt access the forum the whole day due to the word v********. Lol! Seems like i need to bring ipad to work as standby!

I just ate a cornetto, so much for weight control. On one hand, i hope to gain lesser than #1's time, on the other hand, i keep thinking that since i could get back to pre-preg weight in 3.5 months through bfing previously, i should be able to do it again. Haha! Excuses! Im just greedy, not hungry, just like Manawab.

I have a peg perego Si. It's lighter than pilko p3, but still around 7-8kg, sturdy enough. It can recline all the way flat or upright as well. Really tempted to buy Bugaboo. But cant bare to sell off the Si cos of sentimental value haha!

Littleprince, i met a mummy at my son's cc n she was telling me her new maid from myammar is very hardworking. Previously her first maid was from philippines n she had problems with her. I think really depends what the maid is for. If like fuzzybear, maid doesnt handle her kids, then english proficiency not tt important. If maid is meant to help out with playing w kids etc, then filipino prob better.

Oh talking abt strollers, when i was in Scandinavia, all the strollers on the streets were big wheelers. Ours was like the only small-wheels stroller! It was really hard to push our stroller on their cobbled streets.... I was asking my hb, where is our big-wheel stroller.... Think most of the strollers (peg, mcclaren, combi, capella, etc) sold in singapore are only suitable for shopping centre usage. Haha, unless you buy a quinny or bugaboo or stokke.

jasline, thks for the link! am thinking if shld get manduca only after baby is born to test it out? i will probably use my sling first?

2jmum, i do notice the scan machine calculates my edd whenever i go for check ups. there is 1 or 2 days difference at times but not sure how accurate it is. anyway, good tt your results are ok, now you can shop and prep yourself for baby's arrival. did you see the Moo Moo Kow diapers?

SN, my Myanmar maid was very automatic, she will find chores to do on her own, no need to tell her what to do. could see she doted on my boy too, actually she went back home and returned to work again for a new employee now. we did ask if she is happy so far and she said she is, so decided to just get a new helper instead. New helper needs to take care of baby so if she cannot understand English, i will have a problem when i call home to speak with her.

Morning mummies!

I'm so tired today.. dint slept well again.. coughin non-stop. I try to convince myself to accept my 1 mth yr old cough b part of my life since i tried so many methods and it doesnt recover. Will non-stop coughing cause placenta to move? I will it wont hurt e bb cos bb is protected.

Angie, taka fair is on 24 July. Nv go taka bb fair before. Is it better to go 1st day or it doesnt matter which day to go and the offer still stands?

Welcome 2jmum here! Congrates to ur good result! Hm.. i tot e due date cal by the gyne shld b quite accurate?

re: nursing pillow
Is it necessary to get the nursing pillow? I nv tot of buying it...

Xuan, how ur FA report? Talking abt e bundle item u r saying. Last weekend i was at Robinson. I saw e lowest price for pigeon sterilizer w free 2 milk bottles, wet wipes, brush, etc is S$138 which is e same price tt motherhood expo fair offers too. Thanks xuan, rem to jio me when u getting e breast pump. hee

Plush, i oso thinkin to apply Taka credit card. Issit too late to apply now? since e fair is next week! Oops.

Bless, where u see e Malcaren techno XT selling at $199 at expo? how come i went didnt see it. Or else i would hav bot it.

Fuzzybear, my coll told me her Malcaren Quest will topple if she put e bags behind. Sound so dangerous. But i guess i just go for Malcaren Techno XT. But u r using which year model? Now i saw, got yr 2008, 2011 and 2012 techno xt.

Sei, u so fast gain 10kg? Did ur gyne "scold" you? I put on 4kg so far... i guess my cough has been affecting my diet oso..so no more junk foods for me.

Morning mummies.

So lazy to go to work today, but I took so many MCs already. Haha. 

I'm at week 22 today and have gained 6-7kg. Hope that's enough. Trying to drink more milk everyday but I really don't like that taste of it.

2jmum: Welcome and glad that you have good amnio results. I'm at KKH too with June Tan. And it's interesting that not many mummies here are with KKH even though they deliver more than any hospital. 

Fuzzy: I'm taking one year no pay leave cos infant care is 'two' expensive. If you know what I mean.. Anyway I don't earn that much so this works out for us. 

Re: Baby carriers
My friends recommended Ergo Baby so I bought mine from agapebabies. They can give 20% discount(must ask) and provide free delivery too. It's slightly cheaper than the baby fairs. 

Morning mommies. spent the night arguing with my maid.. she told us she dun wanna work with us anymore but will KINDLY wait for me to pop then she leaves. I told her no way, i will send her back ASAP. why shd i wait until i have 3 kids to handle then let her go? i called her bluff cos she expected me to beg her to stay but no lor, i rather suffer than beg her to stay!! to compound the matter, my hb blamed me and sided with the maid IN FRONT of the maid cos he said i shd have let some things slide. he wants the maid around cos he started to hand a lot of things over to her so that he can slp and play his stupid phone longer.

Little Prince, yup yup will send my pump for servicing soon. thanks for all the info. let me see how lah.. i still think its rather painful to cough up $700+ for a new pump.

SN, sorry! my fault.
sad.gif

Pinky, Quest is a light weight (4-5kg) compared to XT.. the heaviest is XTR i think, at 8kg. Doesn't matter which year the model comes out but there's subtle differences. for the older model, they might not have the protective covering at the joints. the new one has. but i prefer the buckle of the older model though.

SBmummy, ya i understand the cost of bringing up 1 kid and u have 2 at the same time. will u have help?

Pinky>It is of course not necessary to get a nursing pillow, you can always use a pillow to raise the height, like SN shared , she too depended on the nursing pillow, that she don't know how to nurse her baby when she don't have the pillow. for myself, I used a nursing pillow for both my pregnancies, and find it very convenient, hands free, as your can buckle it up on your waist, like some baby carrier, nowadays My Brest Friend improved, it is buckle, it used to be Velcro type, so it is super tight and noisy!!

sbmummy>I also don't like to drink milk, although clinic gave some samples, so far, only drank once

I put on total 5.8kg at 22 weeks, and gynae said too much, maybe because in 1.5 months alone, I put on 3.1kg, so he told me average is 1kg a month, more than that is too much, but again, he is not too concern about that, except in cases of diabetes

you are having twins are you? then I am not sure about how much you should gain, for average is around 11-13kg for single baby

fuzzybear>calm down, take care of your health!I think you are right, if she has no heart to stay , why keep her, and pay her for another 3 months, but again, I heard the wait for new maid is pretty long, can you managed? Why she suddenly don't want to work? does she have off days? did she learn something bad from other maids? They usually become friend friend after just talking for the first time!

Thirdtime3mum, it all started when i reminded her to please (i was telling her so nicely some more) remember to wash the milk bottle before she goes to bed. rarely my #2 would wake up in the middle of the night and we have to give him like 1 scoop of milk for him to slp. Usually i will bring the milk bottle out of the bedroom around 8.40-8.50pm but on Sunday night i fell aslp and only brought the bottle out at 9.05pm. Maid didn't bother washing the bottle so i reminded her last night. Guess what she told me? "I was already ASLEEP!" at 9.05pm leh!! She dares to tell me she is aslp? she slps more than me. usually i do not mind cos she finishes her chores. but sometimes, by the time i finish dinner and showered, she would be aslp already and it is so hard for me to tell her what to do for the next day cos she will already be aslp when i finish my shower at 10pm??!

I nv need her to wake up in the middle of the night. even when i was mooing 3hrly i washed my own pump parts in the middle of the night. i do so so that she can have a gd night's slp and if i need her to jagar the boys while i moo in the day, she is more alert.

I wasn't mad she didn't wash the bottle but i m freaking mad that she had the CHEEK to answer back. if she said ok she won't do it again, i would be completely ok.. i dun even need an apology!!

Freaking MAD. my hb still dare to say i shd close ONE eye..

Back