(2013/11) November 2013

Good morning mummies!

kayliz, I fully understand the facial part! I'm bound to my current beautician by 2 pkgs lol... but I never buy their pdts since I'm quite lazy to use at home, so I don't mind getting a "better" one when my face is really bad and one for mthly sessions :p

bless, KKH provides nursing PJs so I didn't bring my own... I did buy some front button PJs from John Little that I didn't wear much since I don't usually wear PJs at home, just wear a big tshirt and pull up to nurse lol...

third3timemum, thanks for the lobang! So just pull aside the front to nurse? Also wanted to ask you, for the Avent comfort dual pump, does it fit standard Avent bottles or need to buy the comfort range bottles?

Hello mummies! Jus woke up.. ha.. took last min leave this morning cos too tired to go work. Tink my boss gg kill me. I only work 2 days this week.

Re: java massage
I wan go prenatal massage when I suffer backache. Heard is good for some relieve? Aldy book e post natal massage w free lance. .

Re: 3rd trim
Wa.. tt really fast for early Nov mtb. I now only 20 weeks. Many weeks to go. How exciting! ! We are progressing! ! We can see our bb v soon!!

Re: nursing PJ
I buying nursing PJ, those long sleeves n pants w a zip infront. I wear PJ to sleep but nt those long sleeves cos v hot. But for confinement, I jus buy e long ones cos we r nt supposed to hv any wind blow to us ma. Hopefully will wear after confinement.
Xuan, my hubby told me wear bikini to swim. I was huh.. dun wan la... exposing myself so much. I normally put a pillow under my feet at night so to let e blood flow better.

Mawanab, how's ur detailed scanning?

Sei, I also want to eat as much as I can, but my stomach doesn't allow leh. Each meal can't eat too much at one go, so buffets right now are wasted on me sob sob

Fuzzybear, wwhoooeeeee!! Spree!! Some more today?

Xuan, tks for info on TSL. Ee, don't think I'll be doing photoshoot. Shy mummy lol.

Nursing PJs: any comfortable one is fine, so long as it has front opening. I got mine at dept stores. More like front opening gowns.

Nursing wear: can get a few to try out. After a while of direct latching, can become pro at lifting normal clothes up down etc hehe. More important I feel is nursing cover. Cos can cover any unintended 'free show' when nursing in public, and prevent bb from being distracted from feeding. I had a kaypoh bb!

Anybody going to bb expo fair today?

3xmum, u remind me abt CNY. i suppose we will still be nursing then for convenient maybe i should get a few nursing top then pair them with normal jeans. hopefully i can fit into them 2mth post natal. cant imagine bring a 2mth old for cny visit. i probably going to look very chui for the next cny.

xuan, im like you, all my pillow will end up on the floor the next morning. so i only pop up my legs during tv time, didnt help that my blood pressure is so low now. for swimming i wear bikini for swim now, u will still look ok now when tummy is still not very big. i will be very paiseh to swim in the morning when i hit 3rd tri, coz tummy will be very big then, very outstanding in pool. :p

Xuan, thankf for infor on TSL. checked them out and love them. also saw bambini photograpghy, not bad. but I dun wanna spend so much so hope Val can share the disc details.
happy.gif

ankh, I'm goin to expo tom.

I have 2 outdoor corporate sales appts today. so tired but must go... haiz.

I finalised did some gd reading on the various breast pumps and have decided on the Medela FS. But the retail price is too much for me. Considering to join bulk purchases..anyone know where else I can get it cheaper?

morning mommies. im 24 weeks today. finally arrive at the "safe" zone. actually never really thought much about this safe zone until the low placenta thing came about.

pinky, you intend to wear long sleeves, long pants PJ during confinement? Will you be turning on the aircon? very hot and humid leh.

morning mummies!

working on a friday is really such a torture.. :p really too long never work for such a long time..

thirdtimemum: the clothes are so pretty! so tempted to buy.. but must go back discuss with my hubby first.. cos i intend to get a nursing cover.. so thinking if with that right, i dun need too much of nursing top also.. but i intend to get those pregnant wear with nursing purpose one.. my current pregnant dress are getting tight and short.. i posted my tummy photo in fb yesterday.. haha its quite big..

xuan: i support swimming too! cos i feel if in water right, the baby can hear the water sound also.. hahaha plus i swim quite often so its a better option for me.. can go and buy arena two pc swim wear those like sports bra top and shorts type.. only reveal the tummy area.. i bought that cos my normal one too tight already and i not used to wearing bikini to swim also.. quite safe and confirm ppl one look know you pregnant.. haha

morning mummies!!

Congrats SN on reaching 24 weeks! i'm 20 weeks today. reached the half way mark liao. yay!

fuzzybear, Pinky, my detailed scan ytd was good. overall health of baby is good. just that one side of my artery has a slight blockage. but that's fine cos the other is working well. so doc merely said to move more often and sleep at 30 degrees side leaning to improve blood circulation.

my sonographer was like a robot. didn't wanna answer hubby's questions. kept saying i'm not the doc. you should ask the doc. then at the end of the whole scan, she asked if i wanted to see any other things. then i tot see baby's fingers will be cute. then kenna suan... hahaa.. sonographer said this scan is to check if bb's vital organs are developing well. not to check on physical aspects like fingers! ok, i know bb can still survive without fingers.. anyway, that was my experience with the sonographer. ha!

tks linxiaober on the floor plan! very useful.

ankh>I totally agree that nursing cover is very important! some of the nursing rooms in shopping centres are just curtains, so any time anyone can draw it by mistake or intentionally, kids... even with nursing wear, i still used a nursing cover

mummychua>yes, I will still be breastfeeding in CNY 2014, I intend to BF as long as I could, so need to source for pretty nursing clothes for CNY!

SN> I will be 24weeks coming Monday!

after I had my #1, mil stressed that I need to be in long sleeve and long pants with socks! after #2, I don't really care anymore, just wear something comfortable

ancient days, I think referring to china times, there are winter, so naturally very cold, and water has to be boiled during confinement, but now there is water heater, and if you turn to the hottest, it is like boiling water, with smoke.

old folks will say you will know it when you get older, I am thinking whoever gets older will not get the pain somehow or rather, even if they follow strict confinement rules, bound to have pain here and there.

Singapore is so hot, I cannot torture myself

check with your gynae's clinic, sometimes, the supplier will give out samples, goodies to the patient, my clinic gave me some milk samples, and also nursing cover, the one which Dumex gave as a free gift for their milk powder, the design is not nice la, but at least can use it.

Plush, im oso gg expo tml. Maybe can bump into each other. .haha..oya there oso hav john little sales! Can look ard..

SN, ya I thinking to wear those long sleeves PJ. Shld b jus on e fan only. Thats wat I tink la... whether I will wear n nt on air con is another thing. Haha.. cos old ppl said cannot let e wind blow... cannot bath. .. I hope I can b determined! Dec weather shld b not v hot rite. . Keke

Xiaober, I saw ur big tummy at fb!! I tink I dun dare stand besides u lo.. compared to my humble tummy. Keke

Re: bottle warmer
I noe we did touch abt this topic earlier but jus to confirm before I decide to buy which brand. So far, raves r on e Avent & pigeon warmer right? Avent warm e bottle v fast within 4 mins & can hold other brands of bottles cos of big space. Pigeon warmer takes 20 mins to warm e milk but is constantly temp not like Avent tt get really hot? Does pigeon warmer warms all types of other brand of bottle like Avent bottle? Duno which brand to buy. It can fit Medela milk bottle rite?

It need not to b glass bottle for warming e milk rite? We can jus put e normal milk bottle into e warmer rite?

Mawanab, thats great to hear bb is healthy! Jus sleep more to e left will b better for bb. Maybe we got e same female sonographer at tmc... is a young long hair lady? Her replied was ok bb is normal. . For every scan she do.... nv explain much oso..

Nursing during CNY quite ok la. My #1 was Dec bb, so at the last min I bought some nursing tops for CNY. Add on nursing cover, then hide in relatives' rooms to nurse when visiting. Luckily got aircon, and we only went for the more important visits. Super funny when the male relatives open room door and then start going sorry sorry, then word will spread around that room has mummies nursing. After that only the females dare enter lol!

Plush, can let us know if bb expo selling bb clothes? Still half a mind to whether go down or not.

pinky: hahaha i know i know.. my baby is growing very well.. thats wat i tell myself.. hahaha if not i also cant take it.. LOL!

RE: nursing wear
haha i am hoping can dun need to go out visitng leh.. like the baby will be sleeping dan go out to relative house sure got ppl smoking or talk loudly.. dan baby how to sleep well? crossing my fingers..

today is a very loner day for me.. my gfs arranged to cele my bday in advance with me so arranged with my mum to let my girl stay over at her place tonite. then i told my hubby to hang out with his guy friends so both of us will be occupied. who knows, one of my gf is sick and our meeting is cancelled and i will be all alone tonite.

since whole morn, kept feeling cramps in my tummy so decided not to join my colls for lunch as they are going somewhere far. now no lunch kaki coz its fri and everyone wants to eat out. so boring!!!

also received a major rude call from another coll, spoilt my whole day.

linxiaober, your tummy is nice and big! the white top makes it look cuter!
happy.gif

Pinky, my sonographer was a female with long hair. don't look v young though. actually, i think sonographers should learn some PR skills. just chatting can also help ease parents' anxiety.

you girls are good planners! think abt CNY liao. I also better start thinking about getting nice clothes for self and bb for CNY. This is soooo exciting!!

kayliz: dan your lunch how? got them to tabao for you or you will go and buy lunch? maybe take the time to rest for awhile first? hmm if not maybe ask the rest of group if they want to meet for a simple dinner at least for those free de since you already made the night free.. ya.. dan they will start pinching lah this lah that lah.. my baby only two months old.. really scare man.. plus my yearly route is from jurong to pasir ris dan travel all the way back to jurong.. super =.='' one..

mawanab: haha thanks! ya its quite big.. thinking if i can go for those photoshoot cos its round.. wahahaha

ankh, yes, will let ya'll know if good to go..

pinky, yeah maybe we can c each other. iw ill be meeting an ID at kaki bukit area before that too. so its a dual objective sat. haha.

third3timemum, thank you v much for the links. checked them out. cool stuff. u are the pro in the shopping and links.
happy.gif
v v useful for 1st timer me. many thanks.

as for the key-hole nursing top. so happy they have big sizes, tempted to buy all colours. haha.

linxiaober: u stay jurong? same as me.. my route is 3 places at jurong then to sengkang, punggol & toa payoh and back to jurong. haiz. not looking forward too.

in my hospital stay i wear those childish hello kitty pajamas with buttons one. then 2nd day i wore spag silk nightie with a cardigan. i prefer to wear dresses than pants actually.

plush>you are welcome, good things are meant to be shared! I also very tempted to get all colours, haha, but I got only red & black, red for CNY and black is my favourite.

linxiaober> I may be wrong to think this way, but I will not create a quiet atmosphere for the newborn, as I want her to get used to the environment, the daily lives, noises etc, so there will not be problem if we need to be outside, and she can fall asleep anywhere, not need to rush home, because she can only sleep in her cot at home.

by the way, your tummy is round and nice, anyone commented about the size of your tummy so far?

I announced "it's a girl" on my FB and everybody was like so surprised when they saw me in church last Sunday, another mummy to be was asking when is my due date, and I said November, then she was surprise, and ask : this year? everyone think I just put on weight, and not pregnant, poor me

i wore hospital gown in hospital, think glen e most patients just wear hosp gown, so one less thing to pack in hosp bag. also if u stain ur clothes cos of lochia or wat, can just ask nurse to change new gown. if own PJ must bring home n wash. haha.

i agree with thirdtime mum that when one is old, aches n pains may just affect anyone even those who have never given birth before.

manawab, your sonographer so unfriendly. During my detailed scan, the gynae counted the number of fingers and toes as well to make sure there are 10 fingers and 10 toes!

pinky, wah seh. i think your mil and mom will love you. you are the obedient dil who will follow all the confinement practices. haha. you really intend to not bathe for 1 month? it will be very uncomfortable especially when you will be having lochia down there and breastfeeding your baby up there.

nursing wear: I only bought 3 for #1 time, and I found that the ones without zips or buttons are the most convenient! Just pull aside and nurse. One of them had zips at the side and I ended up only wore it 2 times. I used the sling for more coverage and to block kaypoh baby's view lol...

mawanab, you are referring to the umbilical cord artery right? Mine only have 1 artery, but gynae said it's ok as long as the other organs are functioning normally. The sonographer sounds quite rude... I thought one of the things they are supposed to check during fetal anomaly scan for is that baby has 10 fingers and 10 toes? Good to hear that all is well!

I already bought matching dresses for #1 and #2 from carters for cny hehe... now trying to find some nice nursing wear for myself :p

Our usual route is from sengkang to bukit panjang, then to bedok my parents' place. Think will be quite hard to get out of the bukit panjang next yr since my in laws will want to show the relatives the new baby
sad.gif

third3timemum, thanks for the philips link! I never thought to look at the faq lol...

SN>my gynae who is also a sonographer counted fingers and toes too!

Pinky>I think it is very super important to keep down there in hygienic condition, like what SN said, lochia need to be washed and clean, the nurse always reminded me to prepare myself before the gynae comes to check my stitches, smelly is one thing, most serious could be infection if not taken care properly.

Have to wash properly each time after urine, and dab dry, then spray the spirit for healing of the stitches.

kayliz: ya currently staying at jurong.. so its from one end to another..

thirdtimemum: ya i agree with you.. but i m thinking for the first 3 months at least i want my baby to settle in to the sleeping timing so that can make it a habit for him.. after that i will make it normal for him.. cos i scare new born easily distracted.. but in car its going to be difficult i feel..

RE: PJ
i tot hospital will provide? cos i dun intend to bring if they have.. for 2 nights i dun want to pack too much things also...

kayliz, yes, Glen E provides hospital gown to change daily but as and when you dirty it, you can ask the nurse to bring you a clean one.

xiaober, TMC and Alvenia both need to bring own PJ.

SN, come to think of it, i prob saw your sharing about detailed scan and decided to ask about fingers and toes! hahaa... sonographer said if bb is giving victory sign, and we see only two, is she gg to tell me bb has only 2 fingers? k la, she wins. i shut up.

sei, yes, it's the umbilical cord artery. noticed a notch (think that's the blockage). ya... should be alright
happy.gif

mawanab, no leh, i didnt post about the fingers for my detailed scan earlier on. haha. never mind, you ask your gynae to show you the hands lar. my gynae likes to count fingers too. haha.

SN>sometime back I bought this mini thermal pot, and the sale rep demonstrating some herbal drink, so I asked if those are safe for pregnant women, and she said chrysanthemum , luo han guo, ren shen xu, red dates, wolfberry are fine, but gan cao don't take too much

SN, not you ah.. ok la. probably some other mummies shared. tks for that suggestion! i shall ask gynae if can scan hands and feet at my next visit.

Mawanab: the sonographer sounds so unfriendly. Mine still count 1-5 on each hand/leg for me to hear. But anw, good to know all is well!

SN: My mum went to chinese medical hall, they say better not to consume luo han guo too much. Maybe a cup or so.

RE: PJ
Mt A really no provide ah? Den if I no bring my own how? use blanket to cover?? lol

3xtime: the key-hole top u sharing, r we suppose to get a size which we can wear now? As in since our body will still expand over the next few months but the deal looks so tempting that i feel like buying now!

Kris>I bought a size which I wear pre-pregnancy, this is my 3rd pregnancy, so I more or less know from past experiences, I still have a few nursing tops from before, I do not like to get too big size, then I can have a motivation to get into the smaller size, if too big, then it doesn't look nice. Material is stretchable, not cotton shirt, so not much of a problem.

Although I put on 20 kg & 17kg for past 2 pregnancies, the moment I came back from hospital, 10kg already off, this time round, I think I will put on lesser than those 2 times, as the gain is slower, I am still able to wear some of the clothes I was only able to wear until about 3-4months pregnancy, now going to be 6 months, less than 4 months to EDD

Hullo busy busy day for me man..

Re: nursing wear
since i dun latch, i don't have a single pc of nursing top! i think a cover is more impt though.. u can wear anything u want to nurse. my fren told me the trick to not exposing urself is NOT to react if bb accidentally unlatches himself. just calmly pull down ur top and don't look down!

Manawab, eeeee ur sonographer sounds so unfriendly! did u see ur gynae? glad that everything is ok.. when will u be seeing ur gynae?

Re: hospital gown
Actually what Glen E provides is the surgery blue gown.. not those hospital attire u see in general wards. it has NO buttons and is tied at the back. rather hard to bf unless u reverse the whole pc (wear back to front). i would rather wear my own PJs.

Wah u all talking abt CNY already. I will prob start shopping in Jan.. shd be able to slim down by then.

Ankh, aiyoh the gal clothes so hard to choose. was having a debate with my mommy frens who have girls on when to let baby wear a dress. some say better to wear dress when the bb can walk (which is like 12 mths old), yet others say just buy it and dress the gal up. I dunno if i need things like leggings or not either. But i super love BLOOMERS!! so cute!

thirdtimemum, kris, then what about Yew Sim (in hokkien), i think in chinese is yang sheng issit? my mom said ok to drink that.

fuzzybear, you mean in general wards at glen E, the female patients actually wear a different gown? But when i was hospitalised for tonsilitis in March, I was wearing the same blue gown as when i delivered there leh. so i assume they only have one type of gown. can't recall if i reversed the gown but i didnt have to remove the whole piece when i latched my baby.

Sn, my GP say dun take such stuff like lou han guo or chrysanthemums. I nv took at all ever since preg. Juz drink lotsa of water n fruits to avoid e heaty body. Oh, u hav phlegm? U can take a medi tt helps to dissolve phlegm. Is a packet of powder dissolve in water to drink. Blue color box. Maybe u can go GP n get it?

Third3timemum, oh.. need to clean tt part everyday? E water using herbal water or normal water to wash? Cos we r supposed to bath using herbal water rite? Normally how long is e recovery down there? E gyne will check how many days after delivery?

Sn, no laa.. how can dun bath for 1 mth? Maybe dun bath for e 1st few days? After tt bath using herbal water? But is it ok to let bb latch after I bath herbal water? Dunno bb will indirectly take in e herbal anot. The tot of delivery n to e recovery process part, v scary. Cos I got zero tolerance of pain. Dunno how to survive or clean e wound area down there.....

Kayliz, why dun ur gf carry on gathering w u? 1 gf dun come, u all still can go ahead hav some girl talk. Like today I nv go my gf gathering, they still went ahead. Cheer up! Plan something nice tml w ur hubby! Is weekend!!

Ya hor.. next yr cny, need to bring a additional member out!! Newborn sleep anot & even how noisy it still can sleep. Think need to bring e stroller out oso. Bb shld b sleeping most of e time. I so shy to bf in public.. maybe jus hide in a room. Mine not so bad, only nees to travel from hougang to sengkang to east coast to vivo. End! Dunno 3 hrs enuff to cover anot...

Anyone can help to comment on e bottle warmer? Wanted to get one but dunno which brand better & whether it fits all e different shape of bottles anot.

fuzzybear! hang in there. weekend is round the corner
happy.gif
my next gynae appt is on 12 Aug. when's yours?

Pinky, littleprince, will i bump into you gals at TMC on 12 Aug?

Kris, medical hall say not too much luo han guo is it becos it's too "liang"?

SN, i reversed the gown so that the opening is in front. when u wear it for delivering, the opening is behind. because if u wear it the correct way, u gotta lift up ur whole gown to bf, exposing ur panties and tummy. the nurses taught me to reverse it so that i can open it by untying some of the strings.

I meant if u go public hospital, they provide button tops and pants. sorry, didn't make myself clear. ya usually the surgery gown is so big that u just need to lop it over ur head.

Manawab, my next appt is tmr! my doc schedules one appt immed aft the scan so that he can explain stuff to me.

Pinky, of cos u need to clean ur wound daily. in fact i clean it each time i pee and poo. u dun want it to get infected right?

I seriously dun believe in wearing long sleeves long pants.. the first couple of wks after confinement, u will be sweating a lot (trust me SUPER a lot) because ur body will be releasing all the water u stored during ur pregnancy. if u are bf-ing ur bb and don't bathe, u are like a walking germ machine. we are in tropical SG leh.. not China. Not to mention u will be super duper hot when bf-ing ur bb, hormonal and tired! having a bath DAILY will help improve ur mood a lot! i find it helps me to cool down, stay alert and refreshes me.

Pinky: there's only 3 of us, one cannot make it, left 2.. and quite pointless to meet. coz we only have time to hang out once a mth, if one of us is not free, we will postpone to another date in the same month lor.

last time my ML gave me some salt crystals, just dissolve in warm water and use cotton wool to clean after pee/poo/bathing. it's find it's better than the antiseptic wash my gynae gave. dunno what salt are those..

SN> I don't know about yang sheng leh, yang sheng xu can, I think everything in moderation is the key, during the haze days, I boiled chrysanthemum for my family, and I drank it too!

Pinky>I must say my gynae is very pro, his stitches very good, I can sit on the hard floor after few days, gynae will come and check the stitches for 2 days I was in the hospital, and I used the bidet in the hospital to wash everytime after urine(not just everyday), dry and spray the spirit given. After my #1, I did not dare to pass motion as I was afraid that the stitches would come off!

Like I said, if you take care of it, clean it properly, no infection etc, it will heal faster.

I got myself a avent warmer, different from what SN has, doesn't have the top cover which looks like a bullet, got it for standby, as I intend to latch directly for first few months, so actually no need to buy first.

fuzzybear>I am sure you will be back to pre-pregnancy realy soon, you didn't put on much. Yeah, you don't latch on directly, so no need nursing clothes at all!

Pinky, just read that u are scared of pain. to me the stitches were nothing compared to the pain of bf-ing esp if u don't have a right latch, ur bb is fussy and u have super annoying ppl hovering around u saying u have no milk. if u are the die die must bf mommy, u will be so stressed up.. also the pain of cracked nipples can be really really unbearable. each time my bb latched, i had to curl my toes in pain.. and tahan that pain for 30-45mins while he latch. imagine doing this for 8-10x a day, each time for 30 mins.. OUCH! then comes engorgement and blocks.. :p scaring u already? hahaha breastfeeding IS hard. nothing i say will prep u for it. hopefully u won't have too many problems.

Thirdtime3mum, my mom told me to bathe daily.. she said siao, where can don't bathe? hahaa i hope i dun gain too much lah.. :p

Manawab, he might scan me just to check on the blood clot.
happy.gif

Back