(2013/11) November 2013

morning mummies! it's only thursday today... grrr... can't wait for the weekend already.

i'm asking hub to bring me to the baby fair at expo, he said y need to go for so many?? lol... i just wanna look n see if there's anything i can buy mah... n doesnt hurt to explore more rite? Men. haha! =P

fuzzybear: thanks for highlighting abt freestyle's battery pack and PISA's adaptor difference! makes my decision much easier, hehe.. i guess having a battery pack will be much more convenient, cos if we go out it's hard to find places that has adaptor plugs.

RE: push presents
i agree the presents can be meaningful items, but problem with me is that i tend to choose expensive things, not on purpose tho! the price tag just tends to be a little shocking n above budget. hahaha... i guess if i were to need an expensive diaper bag in future, i can tell hub it's his "belated" present for me. =P i've been wanting a tag heuer tho... hmm.. but the other side of me rather keep that money in case of emergencies... contradicting hor? =x

xuan, you are not contradicting. just very sensible.
happy.gif

i plan to check out the bb fair too! actually only to look see also.

Morning mommies!

Manawab, WAAAAH Rolex! but i agree it is a gd investment cos the price of Rolex will always increase. can hand it down to ur kiddo when they are older.
happy.gif
nice of ur hb.. :p Was talking to my hb abt push presents and he was like "Do i need to buy u another one?" that's cos he has already bought me 2 presents, one for each birth. I think he would lah cos i m giving him his precious Princess.

Xuan, i agree money is always better kept for emergencies but hor, i have this case of money leaking out of my savings leh.. hahaha there's always something to pay for, be it house stuff, extra insurance, kids stuff and medical bills. my mentality is to bite the bullet and buy cos i dun think i will be able to keep 4-5K in the bank for many months with 3 kids. :p

Re: pump
Get one that suits ur lifestyle. Just buy the models recommended. Please don't get Mini Electric or Swing ok? Just choose btw FS or PISA for Medela. Can buy Ameda's pumps too.
happy.gif

SBmummy, woah 1 yr no pay leave? hrmm ur questions about pumping are rather hard to answer because it really depends on ur ss. Because u have twins, likely u will have to supplement, esp initially. I m not saying u don't have enough, but i think it is very hard to tandem latch both babies all the time.

usually by the time they reach 3 mths or so, they are likely to drop from 8 feeds a day to 6-7 feeds a day. if u are not latching them, then ur pumping shd match the number of times they latch a day. by the time they reach 6 mths, they prob take abt 5-6 feeds a day. again u drop ur pumps.

For FTWMs gg back to work, i recommend u start dropping pumps starting the 10th weeks. If u are pumping 3hrly initially, u shd drop to 3.5hrly by 10th wk.. then 4hrly by 11th wk, 4.5 hrs at 12 wks, 5 hrs at 13 wks; reaching 6hrly intervals by 16 wks so that ur boobs continue to produce the same amt of milk (may be u might see a decrease of 30-50ml overall) by the time u reach home. pumping 4x a day is very comfortable and most mommies will continue to pump that frequency until they are ready to stop. that means u pump twice at home and twice in office.

fuzzybear: PISA has battery pack, right? Just put the batteries inside and u can pump without adaptor.. only if no batteries then need to plug adaptor. Coz i bring to work without adaptor and pump in handicapped toilet. For FS, it needs batteries with or without adaptor. The adaptor is meant for charging the batteries. So can only use rechargeable batts. But either way, i am tempted to get it too. hee.

Ya Kayliz, PISA has an external battery pack that u have to screw right? I always prefer the adaptor cos i dun like those rechargable batteries.. so scared they will die on me when i m mooing. i rather plug in to moo on my PISA. I have heard those rechargables cannot even last 1 day on PISA. did u try?

FS is different though. they built the batteries inside and i have heard it can last for 2-3 days depending on ur usage.

Manawab, all ready for this afternoon's scan?

fuzzybear, what did hubby get you for pushing bb 1 & 2? after you deliver precious girl, you plan to close shop right? then i think hubby should get sth really memorable for this delivery
happy.gif
maybe sth that you can give to your little girl next time.

Pinky, get a nice pressie from hubby la. no need to be v ex. but just a nice pressie for your months of "suffering".

sei, thanks for sharing that info on the oct bb fair. think by then we'll all be quite heavy and clumsy? hmmm.. i should convince hubby to start buying some stuff soon.

paiseh, when's the taka baby fair again?

fuzzybear, i'm dying for time to fly past so that can go for the scan! hahaa...
can finally feel bb's kicks more strongly and with greater certainty (i.e. not my imagination) and it's really cool!

fuzzybear: oh ya!! i kept thinking the batteries are inserted in the pump. now i recall they come in a separate black casing.. sorri.. old liao, long time nv see my pump lol.. when i expressed in office, i only do so once a day. so i recall recharging my batteries on every weekend before going back to work. i also used normal batteries but those heavy duty ones.. they seem to last longer than using rechargeable batts.

manawab, I think still possible for those mummies with EDD end nov to go shop around! Else for last min items, just note down the brands and send hb there to buy lol...

On push presents, I'm not really into expensive branded stuff, so didn't ask for one for #1. I prefer hb to give me little surprises here and there hehe...

Wah, I din know abt push presents. just emailed my hb the link hehe.

I will be going to expo fair and taka as well. need to look see prices and prep budget.

any mummies have plans for maternity shoots? any recommendations?

thanks Sei! i want to be involved in the shopping! hahaa.. no fun getting hb to go buy alone. he also v blur one..
little surprises can keep the romance gg
happy.gif

just to ask.. when do we start expressing after baby is out? for my #1, i did not pump during the 1st few days as there was only colostrum... then 5th or 6th day i started to feel tingly sensation that milk is coming in so i started to express after latching.. but shd we start pumping the moment baby is born?

i also adjusted my pumping sessions such that my supply is just nice, as i heard a lot of mummies complaining of their babies rejecting frozen milk so i didnt want to freeze.

When i returned to work, i only expressed once in the office which makes up 2 feeds. After work, i express another 2 feeds at home.
Every morn, i will latch my bb and express the rest and get another 2 feeds. So these 6 bottles will be passed to my mum in the morning for bb to drink whole day. But it became a prob when work became so demanding i kept delaying my expressing time that my supply dropped more than 50%...

i continued to latch, eat supplements to increase, but on her 6th month, my bb suddenly rejected and cried out loud every time she sees my breasts! She simply doesnt want to latch. So upset.. I had no idea why & think it must be because she is tired of the slow flow due to dropping supply. I so wanted to BF for as long as i could but she didnt give me a chance to. That was when i regretted not freezing.. coz i had to switch to FM from then onwards.

Manawab, i realised nobody has replied ur question on wash cloth and receiving blankets.

A wash cloth is just a fancy name for hanky used during bath time. easier for u to wash the folds of ur bb with a soft hanky than using ur hands.

A receiving blanket is a blanket with a hood. Usually used to wrap NB and protect their head. u don't really need this.

A swaddle is a large piece of cloth to swaddle ur bb tightly. I have already posted the link to Aden and Anais's swaddles. there are also many types of pocket swaddles with velcro but they tend to be very hot in our climate. I use muslin cloth, otherwise known as nappy cloth.. haha. that's why i like Aden & Anais' muslin swaddles cos they are cooler for use in our climate.

Re: Taka fair
I am taking half day to go to shop! :p i need to change for milk bottles actually. haha..

Kayliz, that's why it is not easy to pump and work. I always make a point to walk away from a meeting when i m mooing. not easy lah.. i have to suffer my boss's black face but to me my bb's food source is more impt. i make it up by working while i moo and staying later. ur gal prob didn't like the slower flow from ur boobs.

I start mooing at Day 5 usually.. need to buy a small tin of FM when i switch cos initially i won't be able to moo enough or in time for the baby (for 1-2 feeds only).

Im at a conference organised by you-should-know-who-fuzzy bear at orchard hotel. The event management is terribly lousy. The conference is at third floor and there are teabreak sessions on 2nd and 3rd floor. They usher 70% of the people to 2nd floor creating a massive queue. After queuing for 15min, they told us to go to the 3rd floor for a shorter queue. And there was no plates or adequate food left loh. What the *****! I feel too pissed and breathless from the queueing that i didnt want to eat anymore.

thanks fuzzybear for explaining what's wash cloth, receiving blanket and swaddle! yup, checked out Aden & Anais when you posted the link.
you started mooing at Day5, then what did bb drink during the first 4 days? colostrum not enough to fill bb?

plush, i think Val and some other mummies r gg for ps with TSL.

RE: pumping
woah.. its like so much work... but for the benefit of the baby i guess mummies are all willing to spend the effort..

Cramp at night
anyone is experiencing cramp at night? just last night i had cramps at my small leg there.. 2 times somemore.. woke me up from my sleep two times.. even this morning when i woke up still can feel the strain.. will this be more common and often going forward? anyway to prevent or relief this?

RE: push present
rolex! haha my hubby's dream watch.. but he buy for the purpose of the increasing value as investment.. we both agree that we will keep minimal things for the baby.. to make him understand that $$ doesnt come easy.. but thats for now.. haha maybe after birth will be different..

RE: baby fair
will there be alot of things on sale in the expo fair? if i have a chance to go also most prob sunday.. cos i will be in pasir ris area.. if not very far to go down.. i m waiting for the taka one.. now going around to take down prices so that during the taka fair can compare.. but hor.. haha we are still quite loss on the things to buy cos hub feels that its too early..

morning mummies, im so so tired today. due to the murder case yesterday i took 2hrs to drive hm. its no joke when im driving a manual car. my back and leg almost broke plus with a growing tummy, i start getting pain on my rib cage too. ouch...

pumping at work, during my #1 i used to pump 2x a day during office hrs. but the 2pump session will make up of the 3 milk feed my #1 gets at mil place. i think ard the 1st yr, im just doing 1 pump a day for the only milk feed for the day. then by 1.5yrs, i stopped pumping at work and just latch before after work. this goes on for another 1yr.

battery lifespan of freestyle, my last me 1.5wks per charge. with the suction, weight and batt lifespan, this pump works really well for me. i tried running my pump a few wks back, the batt is still charged and i can still feel the suction. but will be bring it down to the service centre to get them to check. if everything works well, i will just be buying the spare parts from smh forum. by the way my is a US set, which cost abt S$550 with the exchange rate almost 4yrs back.

manawab, very generous of ur hub. my one always ask me to buy something to reward myself but i nv did. i cant bear spending a few k for bag or jewellery. i rather he give me money to put in my bank account. :p

fuzzybear, congrats on ur gal. u both certainly come a long way.

plush, eh... that's what Val emailed me. i think she'll be able to shed some light on that.

linxiaober, my hb also the same. thinks it's too early to buy stuff. even clothes...

mummychua, i agree that money is the best! haha... but funny to ask hb to give me angbao. i've learnt not to think too much liao. if he wants to buy, just let him. before he changes his mind.

Xiaober, i oso had cramps on my calf in the middle of the nite. woke my hubby up & he asked me to stretch my feet straight. but morning still abit "suan"... dun know wad to do bout it..

Mummychua, stuck in the car for two hours! Ow...... some more manual. Hope your aches aren't too bad today. Still have to fetch your kids to jurong this morning?

Mawanab, well if hubby wants to give u push present, and it can still appreciate in value, accept it lol! I know, gold!

Xiaober, no harm can always look see look see at the expo fair. Swipe all the free samples. Think this baby fair not too big cos it states hall 6A. That's half a hall right? Should be the type where education centers and FM companies out to push their products.
Now can start accumulating for stuff leh. 2nd trimester tummy still small, so still quite mobile. Leave everything to last trimester also risky. Unless u can make a detailed list of what u want and let hubby do the physical shopping? Also need time to put up cot, wash baby clothes, bottles, how to work sterilizer & breast pump, re-organize wardrobes etc. Touch wood, if need to deliver too early, can start panicking. That's why general advice is to pack your hospital bag AT LEAST one month (week 36) before EDD. Remember week 37 is considered full term, so gynaes can advise for early delivery should complications arise.

SN, Hope u got a good lunch somehow!

Val, what's TSL? The jewelry store?

mawanab: same same! up to now i only have like 3 rompers and 5 giftset.. thats all.. the rest all too early to buy.. haha but i will start soon!

kitkat: later i going to see my gynae.. maybe i will ask him later and let you know.. at least your hubby woke up.. mine.. i didnt wake him up cos he wake up also cant do much... haha

ankh: ya.. i want to start le preparing le.. but the thing is i need to have space for me to prepare also.. most prob i will slowly start preparing and maybe ask my friend to pass me the stuff she bought for me.. i also scare by then i cant walk as much as i can now with my big tummy..

linxiaober, kitkat, I also get cramps during the night sometimes. I usually wake up when I feel the cramp is starting, and quickly flex my feet to stretch the calf muscles to prevent the pain. If your muscles still feel tense in the morning like a lump, can rub on it gently. Frequent stretching will help with cramps, sit down with one leg straight out and toes pointing up, the other leg drawn in towards yourself so heel is close to your thigh, and bend down facing the outstretched leg to touch your toes until you feel the stretch in your calf. Hold for a few seconds, release and repeat.

I may go down to the taka fair on 29 since I have an appt at SGH and will have to wait a few hours after the blood test before I see the doc. Hopefully less crowded on a weekday!

Actually not too early to buy things le... I was looking at the calendar and suddenly realised in 2 weeks, I will be in my 3rd tri! Same for mummies due early Nov
happy.gif

Huh, 2nd trimester nearly over ah? But I haven't eaten as much as I want to yet! I want to be like my friend leh, can eat as much as she wanted during this period! Aiyo, like that how to go for buffet..........sigh, looks like I can't go for the super duper buffet hubby promised me.

sei: wah... i didnt realise leh.. 3rd tri le ah? so fast!!!

ankh: hahaha at least you have a chance want to eat wat you want.. i dun have.. hahaha i trying to see if 3rd tri my hubby will let me eat anot.. lol!

i just receive the floorplan for the expo fair.. i see if i can upload anot.. at least interested one can see wats there..

thirdtimemum, I count as start of 27 week but some websites count start of 28 week.

ankh, faster go for buffet then can eat more! Third tri baby will take more space so less space for your food lol...

Hahha TSL: The Studio Loft.
happy.gif

Manawab, i latch in hospital because it isn't convenient to pump in hospital. don't need to supplement. because bb might feed <3hrs interval in the initial 4 wks, and i pump 3hrly, i might not pump in time for baby to drink. so will supplement with 1-2 feeds of FM for the first day during transition. after that my boobs will be used to the pump and will have more than enough for bb to drink.

Mummychua, poor u! 2 hrs in manual car, my legs will break. clutch in and out!

Xiaober, i will buy big items now. it will progressively be harder for u to walk. u can't breath, ur hips hurt. try shopping for big items.. also *touch wood* if anything happens like u go into early labour, u have ur things ready. got sale just buy.
Leg cramps are normal. ur legs are supporting more mass now. try to keep them warm when u slp. will help.

Ankh, i just started shopping at Carters.. my damage is USD206.. OMG!

sei: my edd on 3 nov but also still got 1mth plus then reach 3rd tri leh.. how come u so fast only 2 wks more? lol..

third3timemum: if i'm not wrong, 3rd tri shld start on wk28.

plush &amp; ankh: TSL= The Studio Loft. the fb mummies are organising a bulk purchase, they get discounts off the purchase of products (photos) if they have a certain number of mummies signing up together. i can't find that fb post rite now.. maybe can wait for Val to reply later with the full info. in the meantime, u can google on The Studio Loft to take a look at their portfolio 1st? haha..

xuan, haha... I marked the weeks on my calendar starting from LMP, then today is end 24wks, so tmr will be start of 25wk, next next fri will be start of 27wk! But if count 3rd tri as 28wk then will be 3 weeks. Counting by LMP, my EDD should be 31oct, but 6wk dating scan at KKH show EDD as 5nov. Even though subsequent scans changed the EDD earlier, officially still 5nov... confusing rite? lol... Anyway, mine will be planned c-sec at 37-38wks so I'm not too particular about actual EDD :p

not confusing lah sei, actually same counting mtd as mine, edd 3 nov is base on LMP. tho my edd after gynae appts have became earlier but i still count 3 nov as the actual edd. haha that's y i thinking how come 2wks more to 3rd tri so fast!

i hope 3rd tri will pass by very fast also.. hub commented tt my calves starting to look abit swollen le. then my hip/pelvic pain has became persistent, instead of the initial on n off. bleh.

anyone went for prenatal massage already?

I've been researching and i came across this Afond Spa which seems not bad - and their website mentioned they do not do hardselling, which is good.

Then i saw Deal has got this $28 promo at Bella Luna, but i am quite skeptical coz they confirm hardsell like siao. Later pay $28, come out a few hundred bucks poorer. haha

xuan, but after bb is out, you will miss the time when she quietly stay in your tummy and let you go everywhere freely! And they grow up so fast... sigh... try putting your legs up whenever you can to lessen the swelling. Not sure what to do for hlp/pelvic pain though... I do have pelvic pain when I hold my bladder for too long, so now I try to go more often.

kayliz, I haven't tried prenatal massage before, I used to go for those chinese traditional shoulder/back massage b4 preggie, or overseas hotel type. Agree that the hardselling part is the worst!

ok thanks sei! i'll try to put my legs up more. pre preg legs already like pig's trotter le.. later swell until become elephant's legs. lol.. =x

kayliz: i am planning to do prenatal massage. 1 of the ML i previously enquired for pricing actually told me if i do prenatal massage (at least 2 sessions), post natal massage will help to reduce water retention more effectively. i dun think she's trying to upsell me cos her post natal massage package is for 7 sessions n she said she can make it to 2 pre natal + 5 post natal for me, n it will be effective le. i also rem her saying prenatal massages can only do after wk30, something like that....

sei: ya lor! prenatal massage maybe easier to escape. but worse is facial.. when u start to reject, they can from a small case of clogged pores say until u are going to erupt with acne soon and how ur skin age is 40 when you are only 20 and stuff like that.

Hi Mummies,
Where do you get the hospital stay nursing PJ? I've seen some online but worry of the material. Anyone knows?

Is good to attend bb fairs to collect some samples. Only after used we know how good and bad the product is.

Morning mommies!

Manawab, how was ur scan yesterday? all ok?

Xuan, u might wanna do yoga or swimming to help strengthen ur joints. can help with the pain management. if really cannot tahan the pain, u might need to see a physio. they teach u what massages can help with pain relief and help tighten the correct massages. do note that prenatal massages are not the same as physiotherapy.

For post natal massage, if u guys can get a few ppl to buy together, u can do a bulk purchase with Origins Jamu: http://originsjamumassage.com/promotions/

I m here Third3timemum.. u started shopping for ur gal yet?

Bless, i think i bought my PJs from OG or JL.

Bless>I only use normal PJ for last pregnancy, some of these nursing PJ are so expensive, and I think I cannot handle those zipper or button ones to access nursing with 1 hand

Just ordered some nursing wear from these websites:
http://www.maternalove.com/nursing-tops-c-2_19.html?page=2&amp;sort=dated
http://www.motherneeds.com/nursing-dresses.html
http://www.dotestudio.com/ ( Today's this week special, key-hole nursing top only $14.50 instead of $29, can try to key in 20MORE discount code and see if you can use it)

fuzzybear>I bought some clothes(various sizes),newborn &amp; s diapers, socks, small handkerchiefs, avent comfort double electric, avent warmer pre-loved, some milk bags, breastpads, just ordered some nursing wear last night, and my drugstore's caltrade+D, avent bottles, training cup,brush on the way to SG. My sis will pass me back my avent sterilizer and more clothes nearer to my date, I also won 1 skiphop diaper bag from the Abbott's contest, but got a similac logo sewn la, that's about all

Originsjamu will come to our place to do massage too?anyone tried, what must we prepare?last time the one I had brought her own massage bed, pro man, can't find her liao, she changed contact

morning mummies!!!

3xmum, u start buying nursing wear so early? actually i nv bought any nursing wear before. :p

medela pump, anyone bought theirs to check? i bought my out today. will probably bring it to the service centre to check. if its still working after 4yrs i will just be buying the parts from the bb fair this weekend.

xuan, i start getting water retention too. some mummies from my #1 thread recommend drinking of barley water. not sure if that really work. but i suppose the most impt thing is to get ur blood circulation going so exercise like yoga and swimming will help. and of course put up ur legs.

fuzzybear, mummychua: i'm not a yoga type of person.. but did thot of gg swimming cos i also heard it helps. but cannot fit into swimwear le leh! wear bikini to public pool later got alot of hum sup uncles looking. lol.. yest nite i tried to put up my legs when i slp n lie down on bed. this morning, the pillow n soft toy that were holding up my legs were all on the floor. hahaha!! hub said he did help me picked up the pillow n soft toy yest in the middle of the nite but morning all of them still fell off the bed. lol!

RE: nursing wear
by the way, is it necessary to get nursing wear for bf mums? if nv use nursing wear, is it inconvenient/ troublesome when we go out? i'm still not sure if i wanna get nursing wear.

mummychua> I based on my previous 2 pregnancies and gauge the size to buy, and this time round, my growth is not as fast as those 2 before, I am preparing for CNY 2014, because when baby comes, I doubt got time to source for it, so now I buy those on promotion/sale and keep, like brighter colour ones.

xuan> it is not necessary to use nursing wear, my sis didn't use any so far for her 2 pregnancies, she told me she put on a belly tube, like a tube top, then she wear her normal t-shirt, and pull up her t-shirt to nurse, and her tummy still covered, not exposed. I am a dress person, so I do not have much tops, especially t-shirt material, so I am buying nursing wear.

lately, my tummy like going to explode kind of feeling, I think it's trying to expand to accommodate the growing baby.

Back