(2013/11) November 2013

Kayliz,
Aiyo. Confinement already v sian liao still have bad rashes lagi worst. I had v bad rashes for the entire month aft i delivered my #1. Gynae said is due to hormones, it was sooo miserable. I took tat chance and told my mum that gynae says have to bathe with warm water n keep myself clean which means bathe often! Lol. I lazy la and so troublesome to boil water to bathe, told my mum heater water also same coz at least its warm.

Ankh,
Gd! My area also strong wind during yr end. My 1st 2 were in the hottest mths of the yr. This rd at least hopefully wldnt perspire like mad.
My hb saw the babies crowning and he thot it was an amazing thing! we didnt have much prob aft that tho.

fuzzybear: my coll also attended prenatal den they showed videos on collapsed V la.. very scary.. hahaha.. so must do pelvic exercise! lolz! those who are fit to do yoga also helps.. but for now doc refrained me from yoga lei.. *sad*

for me.. i just wan as painless as possible.. so will definitely opt for epi the moment im admitted! lolz!..

ankh: i also think once in pain everything also blur liao hor.. i heard you have to breathe in differently during contractions and during crowning.. aiyo..pain & panicky liao how to rem so much one??

hmm I didn't know do Oscar test must go with full bladder leh..
in fact when I had mine, it was on an empty bladder cos nurse ask me to go pee so can send the pee for test also leh...

any mummies been feeling thirsty? I've been feeling thirsty these days...
hubby kind of worried might be sign of diabetes...=(

my next apt is not up till 2 wks plus time....

bt weather so hot if eat lunch outside then very limited drinks to order also..I've been drinking fruit juices, they say no added sugar but i'm not sure how healthy that is..

silver i've been feeling very thirsty since i 1st knew i was preg.. in fact i will wake up at nite to drink water then shun bian go toilet, not the other way round..

when i lunch outside i seldom order drinks, will go back office then gulp down 1 bottle of water. if i cant hold the thirst, i'll get fruit juice also, or yoghurt drinks or soya bean milk..

hahah I like what fuzzybear said. To each her own lar. If you want to try for natural without epi, then try lor. If you want painless like me, then straightaway epi, I was sleeping and watching TV after that while waiting for dilation. so relaxing. haha. Most importantly, whatever choice you choose and whatever the actual outcome on the day of delivery, don't blame yourself, even if you end up in emergency c-sec. The most important thing is that baby is healthy and well. One or two years down the road, no one is going to ask you how you delivered your child. All they see is how cute and well brought up your child is. period. In my previous forum, there was one mommy who kept on bragging about how she gave birth to her 4kg baby naturally without any painkiller. but hey, you don't get a prize for achieving this. maybe just some praises from your friends and relatives only. Also, you have to see if you are a petite mommy or bigger built. If you are petite, most likely your baby at birth will be small (3kg or less), or else you will have difficulties giving birth naturally. 4kg baby can only be given birth naturally if the mommy is of bigger built. So conclusion is, do not compare and to each her own.

SN: true lor! with or w/o epi we will still love our kids de ma.. but i also heard some of the mommies because of pressure from mother in law.. some mother in laws will always say.."haiyo, you all youngsters abit abit only want take epi, last time I gave birth 10 kids also w/o epi" hahaha..

Hi mummies, this is my first posting in this thread
happy.gif

This is my #2, EDD 5 Nov 2013.

I agree with not insisting too much on a certain birth plan, it really depends on what happens on the actual day. Like for my #1, I was quite sure I can go natural w/o epi as I have a high pain threshold, end up had to go for emergency c-sec at 35 wks as baby had complications. So you never know... anyway, no regrets, as long as baby comes out healthy
happy.gif

Regarding full bladder for scan, I did my NT scan at KKH (I opt out of the blood test) and standard procedure at KKH is they will ask you to empty your bladder on registration. I think I waited about 45min before my turn (I reached 30min earlier than my appt time). Usually the amniotic fluid at 13 wks is sufficient to get a clear scan, so they don't need the bladder to be full...

ankh, yes, with laughing gas, but she is bigger than average, so should have more energy to push?

winkle, become mommies already should have a mind of their own liao lor, still get pressured and swayed by MIL? haha.

Ya, nobody will rem u caved into getting an epidural or had to do a c-sec in the end. don't over think too much. what's more impt is that both u and ur baby is safe. Recently a close fren of one of my previous thread mate was due to deliver her baby. yet something went wrong during labour. her gynae immed did an emergency c-sec but could not save the baby. can u imagine the pain? she was 39+ wks. She already has 2 boys and wanted a gal very very badly. this baby was a gal. she ended going home with nothing. completely heartbroken. many of us who heard the story cried along with her.

Why are u guys limiting ur drinks? I drink everything. hahaha..

Winkle, yes pls do ur Kegel exercise. i didn't have prob with incontinence both before and after delivery but i have frens who will leak urine when they sneeze.

Ankh, some guys are just traumatized by the whole birthing process. others are not.. haha.. but doc prefers that ur hb don't get a shock of his life and faint. :p then he would have another patient to look after!

SN: i was chatting with a male coll during lunch, his wife is also preg..so i said i'll definitely ask for epi the moment i admit myself.. and he said if i'm his wife he sure strangle me...abit pain also scared!! so i kinda donno whether to pity his wife or maybe his wife has super high treshold for pain lor... some guys just think that asking for epi is weak lor..

winkle, your male colleague is so irritating! first of all, he has never experience labour pain before and he is in no position to comment. I hate this type of guys! I pity his wife. seriously. ha

fuzzybear, oh no......so sad....this is worse than a miscarriage. It's like carrying the baby for 9 months already but go home empty handed.
sad.gif

SN, phwah, for a moment I thought the mummy didn't even use laughing gas. To some extent I think it's true mummies size correlate to bb size. But shape of pelvic bone and/or birth canal also affects ease of delivery. This fact learnt at Mrs Wong's class, can't remember exact details. I think my mum good example lor. She gave birth to my brother naturally. She is 1.59-1.6m tall, very slim hands and feet but got, ah, hips type. My bro was 4.2kg at birth! Hm, maybe his head small at birth? Kekeke.

Winkle, I think ah, by the time a woman gives birth to the nth baby, no time for painkillers. We now give birth to bb no. 1/2/3, need a bit more help la. Our bodies not so pro at birthing yet.

<table border=1><tr><td>Nickname</TD><TD>Child #</TD><TD>EDD</TD><TD>Doctor</TD><TD>Hospital</TD><TD>SAHM or FTWM </TD></TR><TR><TD>OP_mum</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>1-Nov</TD><TD>Dr Lawrence Ang</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>FTWM </TD></TR><TR><TD>SN</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>1-Nov</TD><TD>Dr Chan Kong Hon</TD><TD>Gleneagles</TD><TD>FTWM </TD></TR><TR><TD>piggie</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>2-Nov</TD><TD>DR TC Chang</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Bless</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>2-Nov</TD><TD>Dr Sim L N</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>ankh</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>3-Nov</TD><TD>Dr WK Tan</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>SAHM </TD></TR><TR><TD>xu4n</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>3-Nov</TD><TD>Dr Phua Soo Mear</TD><TD>Mt Alvernia</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Winkle</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>3-Nov</TD><TD>Dr Lisa Chin</TD><TD>Gleneagles</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Sweatcorn</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>4-Nov</TD><TD>Dr Eunice Chua</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>FTWM </TD></TR><TR><TD>third3timemum</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>4-Nov</TD><TD>Dr Lim Lean Soon</TD><TD>Mt Alvernia</TD><TD>FTWM </TD></TR><TR><TD>Val</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>4-Nov</TD><TD>A/P John Tee</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>SAHM </TD></TR><TR><TD>Kayliz</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>5-Nov</TD><TD>Dr John Yam</TD><TD>Mt Alvernia</TD><TD>FTWM </TD></TR><TR><TD>xnruier</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>5-Nov</TD><TD>Dr Caroline Khi</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>PTWM </TD></TR><TR><TD>sei</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>5-Nov</TD><TD></TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Snake_BB</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>7-Nov</TD><TD>Prof Biswas</TD><TD>NUH</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Silver</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>7-Nov</TD><TD>Dr James Lee</TD><TD>Mt Alvernia</TD><TD>FTWM </TD></TR><TR><TD>P.T</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>11-Nov</TD><TD>Dr LC</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Peanut</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>12-Nov</TD><TD>Dr Irene Chua</TD><TD>Gleneagles</TD><TD>FTWM </TD></TR><TR><TD>Fuzzybear</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>13-Nov</TD><TD>Dr LC Foong</TD><TD>Gleneagles</TD><TD>FTWM </TD></TR><TR><TD>wennykoh</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>13-Nov</TD><TD>Dr LC Cheng</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>FTWM </TD></TR><TR><TD>Ivyseng</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>mid-Nov</TD><TD>Dr Kenneth Edward Lee</TD><TD>Mt Alvernia</TD><TD>FTWM </TD></TR><TR><TD>bibi</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>15-Nov</TD><TD>Dr WK Tan</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>FTWM </TD></TR><TR><TD>applebits</TD><TD>1,2,3</TD><TD>15-Nov</TD><TD>Dr Tan Heng Hao</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>woahwoah</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>16-Nov</TD><TD>Dr LN Sim</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>FTWM </TD></TR><TR><TD>Happygal79</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>17-Nov</TD><TD>Dr James Lee</TD><TD>Mt Alvernia</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Bunnymummy82</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>18-Nov</TD><TD>Dr Benjamin Tham</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>FTWM </TD></TR><TR><TD>cheeseburger</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>19-Nov</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>bbz_rainbow</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>20-Nov</TD><TD>Dr Yvonne Chan</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>FTWM </TD></TR><TR><TD>Lyn (Caslyn)</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>22-Nov</TD><TD>Dr Annapoorna</TD><TD>NUH</TD><TD>FTWM </TD></TR><TR><TD>min81</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>23-Nov</TD><TD>Prof Mahesh Choolani</TD><TD>NUH</TD><TD>SAHM </TD></TR><TR><TD>Dreamrat</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>23-Nov</TD><TD>Dr Adrian</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>FTWM </TD></TR><TR><TD>Dreamygal</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>23-Nov</TD><TD>Dr Caroline Khi</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>SAHM </TD></TR><TR><TD>xuan</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>23-Nov</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>FTWM </TD></TR><TR><TD>littleprince</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>23-Nov</TD><TD>Dr Benjamin Tham</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>FTWM </TD></TR><TR><TD>mummychua</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>24-Nov</TD><TD>Dr Phua Soo Mear</TD><TD>Mt Alvernia</TD><TD>FTWM </TD></TR><TR><TD>Kitkat</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>25-Nov</TD><TD>Dr Wong Heng Fok</TD><TD>PWE</TD><TD>FTWM </TD></TR><TR><TD>Carine</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>25-Nov</TD><TD>Dr Woo Bit Hwa</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Lynn </TD><TD>1</TD><TD>25-Nov</TD><TD>Dr Tan Kim Teng</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Polkadottie</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>26-Nov</TD><TD>Dr Eunice Chua</TD><TD>Mt Alvernia</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>babypink</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>26-Nov</TD><TD>Dr Koh CH</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Mawanab</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>29-Nov</TD><TD>Dr Benjamin Tham</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>FTWM </TD></TR><TR><TD>MrsAz</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>30-Nov</TD><TD>Dr Esther Ng</TD><TD>Mt Alvernia</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Phyllis Hong</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>Dr Wong Mun Tat</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>batbat</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>Dr Benjamin Tham</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>FTWM </TD></TR><TR><TD>chrmei</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>Dr Benjamin Tham</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>FTWM </TD></TR><TR><TD>Lai711</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>End Nov</TD><TD>Dr Douglas Ong</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD>FTWM </TD></TR><TR><TD></td></tr></table>

Winkle, I give u saucepan to knock your colleague's head. I keep telling my hubby I wan be the man do ns, he can be the woman get preg, give birth, feed bb 24/7.

Yeah, do the Kegel exercises. My, ah, leakage after sneezing only stopped 4 years after birth.

Fuzzybear, that is the worst nightmare
sad.gif

Fuzzybear, I don't know ur friend but hear her story also I feel sad.

Ms, didn't have any for the pass 10wks, keeping thinking that I'm the lucky one. Who knows I start puking this wk. So disappointed. Was driving after lunch, out of the sudden feel like puking turn into a carpark to throw up but I only got paper bag. So no choice puke into paper bag. And of course the puke drip out, kana a little on my dress. Now waiting for stomach to calm down bbefore moving off. Must remind myself to put some plastic bag in car.

ahahahaha... i use beer bottle to smash his head faster..Lolz..

he is also expecting first kid la.. still inside tummy baking..

winkle, chey! his first baby is still inside tummy baking then dont talk so much lar. maybe his wife will be the first to smash the beer bottle on his head! I hate those type of people who talk like a pro but actually have zero experience one. I have one colleague who has no kids but always like to comment on how we handle/teach our kids. irritating leh.

<table border=1><tr><td>Nickname</TD><TD>Child #</TD><TD>EDD</TD><TD>Doctor</TD><TD>Hospital</TD><TD>SAHM or FTWM </TD></TR><TR><TD>OP_mum</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>1-Nov</TD><TD>Dr Lawrence Ang</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>FTWM </TD></TR><TR><TD>SN</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>1-Nov</TD><TD>Dr Chan Kong Hon</TD><TD>Gleneagles</TD><TD>FTWM </TD></TR><TR><TD>piggie</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>2-Nov</TD><TD>DR TC Chang</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Bless</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>2-Nov</TD><TD>Dr Sim L N</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>ankh</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>3-Nov</TD><TD>Dr WK Tan</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>SAHM </TD></TR><TR><TD>xu4n</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>3-Nov</TD><TD>Dr Phua Soo Mear</TD><TD>Mt Alvernia</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Winkle</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>3-Nov</TD><TD>Dr Lisa Chin</TD><TD>Gleneagles</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Sweatcorn</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>4-Nov</TD><TD>Dr Eunice Chua</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>FTWM </TD></TR><TR><TD>third3timemum</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>4-Nov</TD><TD>Dr Lim Lean Soon</TD><TD>Mt Alvernia</TD><TD>FTWM </TD></TR><TR><TD>Val</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>4-Nov</TD><TD>A/P John Tee</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>SAHM </TD></TR><TR><TD>Kayliz</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>5-Nov</TD><TD>Dr John Yam</TD><TD>Gleneagles</TD><TD>FTWM </TD></TR><TR><TD>xnruier</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>5-Nov</TD><TD>Dr Caroline Khi</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>PTWM </TD></TR><TR><TD>sei</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>5-Nov</TD><TD></TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Snake_BB</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>7-Nov</TD><TD>Prof Biswas</TD><TD>NUH</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Silver</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>7-Nov</TD><TD>Dr James Lee</TD><TD>Mt Alvernia</TD><TD>FTWM </TD></TR><TR><TD>P.T</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>11-Nov</TD><TD>Dr LC</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Peanut</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>12-Nov</TD><TD>Dr Irene Chua</TD><TD>Gleneagles</TD><TD>FTWM </TD></TR><TR><TD>Fuzzybear</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>13-Nov</TD><TD>Dr LC Foong</TD><TD>Gleneagles</TD><TD>FTWM </TD></TR><TR><TD>wennykoh</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>13-Nov</TD><TD>Dr LC Cheng</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>FTWM </TD></TR><TR><TD>Ivyseng</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>mid-Nov</TD><TD>Dr Kenneth Edward Lee</TD><TD>Mt Alvernia</TD><TD>FTWM </TD></TR><TR><TD>bibi</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>15-Nov</TD><TD>Dr WK Tan</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>FTWM </TD></TR><TR><TD>applebits</TD><TD>1,2,3</TD><TD>15-Nov</TD><TD>Dr Tan Heng Hao</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>woahwoah</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>16-Nov</TD><TD>Dr LN Sim</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>FTWM </TD></TR><TR><TD>Happygal79</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>17-Nov</TD><TD>Dr James Lee</TD><TD>Mt Alvernia</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Bunnymummy82</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>18-Nov</TD><TD>Dr Benjamin Tham</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>FTWM </TD></TR><TR><TD>cheeseburger</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>19-Nov</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>bbz_rainbow</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>20-Nov</TD><TD>Dr Yvonne Chan</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>FTWM </TD></TR><TR><TD>Lyn (Caslyn)</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>22-Nov</TD><TD>Dr Annapoorna</TD><TD>NUH</TD><TD>FTWM </TD></TR><TR><TD>min81</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>23-Nov</TD><TD>Prof Mahesh Choolani</TD><TD>NUH</TD><TD>SAHM </TD></TR><TR><TD>Dreamrat</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>23-Nov</TD><TD>Dr Adrian</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>FTWM </TD></TR><TR><TD>Dreamygal</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>23-Nov</TD><TD>Dr Caroline Khi</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>SAHM </TD></TR><TR><TD>xuan</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>23-Nov</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>FTWM </TD></TR><TR><TD>littleprince</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>23-Nov</TD><TD>Dr Benjamin Tham</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>FTWM </TD></TR><TR><TD>mummychua</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>24-Nov</TD><TD>Dr Phua Soo Mear</TD><TD>Mt Alvernia</TD><TD>FTWM </TD></TR><TR><TD>Kitkat</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>25-Nov</TD><TD>Dr Wong Heng Fok</TD><TD>PWE</TD><TD>FTWM </TD></TR><TR><TD>Carine</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>25-Nov</TD><TD>Dr Woo Bit Hwa</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Lynn </TD><TD>1</TD><TD>25-Nov</TD><TD>Dr Tan Kim Teng</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Polkadottie</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>26-Nov</TD><TD>Dr Eunice Chua</TD><TD>Mt Alvernia</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>babypink</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>26-Nov</TD><TD>Dr Koh CH</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Mawanab</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>29-Nov</TD><TD>Dr Benjamin Tham</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>FTWM </TD></TR><TR><TD>MrsAz</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>30-Nov</TD><TD>Dr Esther Ng</TD><TD>Mt Alvernia</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></td></tr></table>

SN: ya la.. guys will be guys la..very egoistic one... haizz..

actually when i preg alot of ppl has been telling me wat to do wat not to do.. i appreciate their kind gesture..but too much can be quite irritating hor..

fuzzybear, such a sad case...

Guys will be guys, like to talk big. Only the mummy knows whether she needs the epi!

SN, can help me fill in? I'm FTWM, with Dr Karuna. Thanks!

Difference about having #2 is everyone assumes I already know so not much ppl try to tell me what to do and what not lol...

Hi Mummies,

I've got a few BN items to let go, PM me if interested. Thanks =)

Meetup @ Jurong East / Yishun MRT
or
Registered Postage (pay by buyer)

8374682.jpg

Actually whether epi or not, also depends on situations ma..
Like one of my gf had her waterbag leaking at home.. So by the time she reached hospital &amp; etc, everything happened too fast for her to even ask for epi although she was in pain.
But fortunately it was a very fast labour and her baby was pushed out in 10 mins.
I also had friends who read too much about the side effects of epi, they were convinced it would harm the baby so firmly refused to take.
Some wanted to save costs, so bear with the pain.

For my case, my baby was induced. So from the point my waterbag was burst by gynae till delivery, it took like 8 hrs later for me to fully dilate.
1 hr after waterbag burst i started to have bad contractions. How to tolerate until 10cm? If i were to have a bad experience during labour, i would nv want to have another child lor.

People did tell me before that having epi is like not fully experiencing the actual labour process, but to me, who cares right.
It's just (in my opinion) silly to make yourself suffer when u can have a choice.

<table border=1><tr><td>Nickname</TD><TD>Child #</TD><TD>EDD</TD><TD>Doctor</TD><TD>Hospital</TD><TD>SAHM or FTWM </TD></TR><TR><TD>OP_mum</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>1-Nov</TD><TD>Dr Lawrence Ang</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>FTWM </TD></TR><TR><TD>SN</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>1-Nov</TD><TD>Dr Chan Kong Hon</TD><TD>Gleneagles</TD><TD>FTWM </TD></TR><TR><TD>piggie</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>2-Nov</TD><TD>DR TC Chang</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Bless</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>2-Nov</TD><TD>Dr Sim L N</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>ankh</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>3-Nov</TD><TD>Dr WK Tan</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>SAHM </TD></TR><TR><TD>xu4n</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>3-Nov</TD><TD>Dr Phua Soo Mear</TD><TD>Mt Alvernia</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Winkle</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>3-Nov</TD><TD>Dr Lisa Chin</TD><TD>Gleneagles</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Sweatcorn</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>4-Nov</TD><TD>Dr Eunice Chua</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>FTWM </TD></TR><TR><TD>third3timemum</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>4-Nov</TD><TD>Dr Lim Lean Soon</TD><TD>Mt Alvernia</TD><TD>FTWM </TD></TR><TR><TD>Val</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>4-Nov</TD><TD>A/P John Tee</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>SAHM </TD></TR><TR><TD>Kayliz</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>5-Nov</TD><TD>Dr John Yam</TD><TD>Gleneagles</TD><TD>FTWM </TD></TR><TR><TD>xnruier</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>5-Nov</TD><TD>Dr Caroline Khi</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>PTWM </TD></TR><TR><TD>sei</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>5-Nov</TD><TD>Dr Karuna</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>FTWM </TD></TR><TR><TD>Snake_BB</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>7-Nov</TD><TD>Prof Biswas</TD><TD>NUH</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Silver</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>7-Nov</TD><TD>Dr James Lee</TD><TD>Mt Alvernia</TD><TD>FTWM </TD></TR><TR><TD>P.T</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>11-Nov</TD><TD>Dr LC</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Peanut</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>12-Nov</TD><TD>Dr Irene Chua</TD><TD>Gleneagles</TD><TD>FTWM </TD></TR><TR><TD>Fuzzybear</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>13-Nov</TD><TD>Dr LC Foong</TD><TD>Gleneagles</TD><TD>FTWM </TD></TR><TR><TD>wennykoh</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>13-Nov</TD><TD>Dr LC Cheng</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>FTWM </TD></TR><TR><TD>Ivyseng</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>mid-Nov</TD><TD>Dr Kenneth Edward Lee</TD><TD>Mt Alvernia</TD><TD>FTWM </TD></TR><TR><TD>bibi</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>15-Nov</TD><TD>Dr WK Tan</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>FTWM </TD></TR><TR><TD>applebits</TD><TD>1,2,3</TD><TD>15-Nov</TD><TD>Dr Tan Heng Hao</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>woahwoah</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>16-Nov</TD><TD>Dr LN Sim</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>FTWM </TD></TR><TR><TD>Happygal79</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>17-Nov</TD><TD>Dr James Lee</TD><TD>Mt Alvernia</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Bunnymummy82</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>18-Nov</TD><TD>Dr Benjamin Tham</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>FTWM </TD></TR><TR><TD>cheeseburger</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>19-Nov</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>bbz_rainbow</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>20-Nov</TD><TD>Dr Yvonne Chan</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>FTWM </TD></TR><TR><TD>Lyn (Caslyn)</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>22-Nov</TD><TD>Dr Annapoorna</TD><TD>NUH</TD><TD>FTWM </TD></TR><TR><TD>min81</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>23-Nov</TD><TD>Prof Mahesh Choolani</TD><TD>NUH</TD><TD>SAHM </TD></TR><TR><TD>Dreamrat</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>23-Nov</TD><TD>Dr Adrian</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>FTWM </TD></TR><TR><TD>Dreamygal</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>23-Nov</TD><TD>Dr Caroline Khi</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>SAHM </TD></TR><TR><TD>xuan</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>23-Nov</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>FTWM </TD></TR><TR><TD>littleprince</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>23-Nov</TD><TD>Dr Benjamin Tham</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>FTWM </TD></TR><TR><TD>mummychua</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>24-Nov</TD><TD>Dr Phua Soo Mear</TD><TD>Mt Alvernia</TD><TD>FTWM </TD></TR><TR><TD>Kitkat</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>25-Nov</TD><TD>Dr Wong Heng Fok</TD><TD>PWE</TD><TD>FTWM </TD></TR><TR><TD>Carine</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>25-Nov</TD><TD>Dr Woo Bit Hwa</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Lynn </TD><TD>1</TD><TD>25-Nov</TD><TD>Dr Tan Kim Teng</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Polkadottie</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>26-Nov</TD><TD>Dr Eunice Chua</TD><TD>Mt Alvernia</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>babypink</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>26-Nov</TD><TD>Dr Koh CH</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Mawanab</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>29-Nov</TD><TD>Dr Benjamin Tham</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>FTWM </TD></TR><TR><TD>MrsAz</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>30-Nov</TD><TD>Dr Esther Ng</TD><TD>Mt Alvernia</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></td></tr></table>

Hi mummies,
am new here, first time posting in this forum.

This is my #2, EDD 11 Nov 2013. consulting Dr Lawrence, hospital is TMC.

i dont have so much MS compare to #1, but no energy at all. i hope it will get over soon...

Yup, it is a very sad case. i rem hearing abt it and crying.. a couple of my frens later texted me abt it too and we were all teary. went home to hug my 2 boys. so don't over think the labour process now. bottom line is that both u and ur baby's lives are safe.

Winkle, urgh i hate guys like that! annoyingly, i find guys whine a lot more when they are sick compared to gals. a bit of cold only grumble and grumble. say cannot breathe etc. i don't think our hbs have the right to decide for us if we shd opt for epi or not. Only we, the one giving birth, have the right to decide (and your doc of cos). I did have some moms that said they wanted to save money and what not. in the end they cannot tahan. seriously u cannot imagine the pain. even if u had delivered one before, u kinda forget the pain until u experience it again. haha..

Mummychua, oh dear. hope its just MS and not some tummy bug.. wait, i think it shd be reverse.. a temporary tummy bug and not MS!! haha..

Hi mummies,

I have the following to let go:

- Ikea Sniglar Changing Station with changing mat $35
- Unopened box of Lansinoh Milk Storage Bags x 100 $30
- Brand new in box Tommee Tippee Bottle &amp; Food Warmer $45
- Preloved (Used for 1 month) Tommee Tippee Steam Sterilizer $80 (Can be used with bottles from other brands)
- Brand new in box Philips Avent Steamer/Blender $150

Please PM or email [email protected]. Thanks!

fuzzybear: yes yes... your that " cannot breathe" sounds like my ah bang! hahaha.. everytime flu den say cannot breathe cannot breathe.. donno trying to gain attention or wat.. lolz!

Re: Epi/no epi/natural/c-sect:
Actually it all boils dwn to individual preference. Some wanna try without epi to see how far they can tahan the pain while some knows right from the start that they do not wan to go thro too much pain/cant tahan the pain. I dun think anyone is trying to compare or say whose delivery is better than whose or whose. Everyone is just sharing their views/opinions/ideals situation they wan to be in.

Kayliz,
And i agree sometimes situation does not allows one to take epi. Example i went in for my #2 dilated at 4cm and within 15mins i already felt the urge to push and nurses were shocked when they checked that i was already 10cm dilated. In this case, even if i super scare of pain and i wanna use epi is also not possible.

Every pregnancy and kid is diff from the previous. Even a mother of 2 or 3 kids will learn new things That she may not come across previously. Hence, support grps are impt for sharing info and ideas. Just learn to 1 ear in n 1 ear out if some comments do no applies or do not goes well with u. Most impt is to be happy with our own decisions.

winkle> ya, there is one coming up this weekend. but tink its smaller scale. there is one bigger scale from 30 may to 2 jun at expo.

ankh, tat is so sweeeett
happy.gif

kayliz (kayliz) >I fully agreed with you, I don't need to torture myself, to experience the birth process. my #1 was late for 9 days, gynae induced, contraction came, and I asked for epi, I slept through, until it dilated 10cm ready for birth, took me about 7 hours from time of induction, if no epi, I think it will take forever. #2 contraction came at 5am, 7am went t hospital, cannot tahan contraction, asked for epi, but gynae told me actually no need, because baby came in less than 2 hours. I think if not because of epi, which makes me relaxed during the process, I don't think I will want to have more than 1 child.

yah, thirdtimemum and kayliz, my friends (with no kids) were all surprised when i told them the delivery process was actually very pleasant and not like what was shown on TV. I even told them i don't mind having another baby. haha. If I had been traumatised, I would have stopped at one. People are all scared of giving birth because of all the horror stories they hear and watch on TV.

<table border=1><tr><td>Nickname</TD><TD>Child #</TD><TD>EDD</TD><TD>Doctor</TD><TD>Hospital</TD><TD>SAHM or FTWM </TD></TR><TR><TD>OP_mum</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>1-Nov</TD><TD>Dr Lawrence Ang</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>FTWM </TD></TR><TR><TD>SN</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>1-Nov</TD><TD>Dr Chan Kong Hon</TD><TD>Gleneagles</TD><TD>FTWM </TD></TR><TR><TD>piggie</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>2-Nov</TD><TD>DR TC Chang</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Bless</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>2-Nov</TD><TD>Dr Sim L N</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>ankh</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>3-Nov</TD><TD>Dr WK Tan</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>SAHM </TD></TR><TR><TD>xu4n</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>3-Nov</TD><TD>Dr Phua Soo Mear</TD><TD>Mt Alvernia</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Winkle</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>3-Nov</TD><TD>Dr Lisa Chin</TD><TD>Gleneagles</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Sweatcorn</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>4-Nov</TD><TD>Dr Eunice Chua</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>FTWM </TD></TR><TR><TD>third3timemum</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>4-Nov</TD><TD>Dr Lim Lean Soon</TD><TD>Mt Alvernia</TD><TD>FTWM </TD></TR><TR><TD>Val</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>4-Nov</TD><TD>A/P John Tee</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>SAHM </TD></TR><TR><TD>Kayliz</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>5-Nov</TD><TD>Dr John Yam</TD><TD>Gleneagles</TD><TD>FTWM </TD></TR><TR><TD>xnruier</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>5-Nov</TD><TD>Dr Caroline Khi</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>PTWM </TD></TR><TR><TD>sei</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>5-Nov</TD><TD>Dr Karuna</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>FTWM </TD></TR><TR><TD>Snake_BB</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>7-Nov</TD><TD>Prof Biswas</TD><TD>NUH</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Silver</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>7-Nov</TD><TD>Dr James Lee</TD><TD>Mt Alvernia</TD><TD>FTWM </TD></TR><TR><TD>P.T</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>11-Nov</TD><TD>Dr LC</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>MKB</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>11-Nov</TD><TD>Dr Lawrence Ang</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Peanut</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>12-Nov</TD><TD>Dr Irene Chua</TD><TD>Gleneagles</TD><TD>FTWM </TD></TR><TR><TD>Fuzzybear</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>13-Nov</TD><TD>Dr LC Foong</TD><TD>Gleneagles</TD><TD>FTWM </TD></TR><TR><TD>wennykoh</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>13-Nov</TD><TD>Dr LC Cheng</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>FTWM </TD></TR><TR><TD>Ivyseng</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>mid-Nov</TD><TD>Dr Kenneth Edward Lee</TD><TD>Mt Alvernia</TD><TD>FTWM </TD></TR><TR><TD>bibi</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>15-Nov</TD><TD>Dr WK Tan</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>FTWM </TD></TR><TR><TD>applebits</TD><TD>1,2,3</TD><TD>15-Nov</TD><TD>Dr Tan Heng Hao</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>woahwoah</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>16-Nov</TD><TD>Dr LN Sim</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>FTWM </TD></TR><TR><TD>Happygal79</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>17-Nov</TD><TD>Dr James Lee</TD><TD>Mt Alvernia</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Bunnymummy82</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>18-Nov</TD><TD>Dr Benjamin Tham</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>FTWM </TD></TR><TR><TD>cheeseburger</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>19-Nov</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>bbz_rainbow</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>20-Nov</TD><TD>Dr Yvonne Chan</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>FTWM </TD></TR><TR><TD>Lyn (Caslyn)</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>22-Nov</TD><TD>Dr Annapoorna</TD><TD>NUH</TD><TD>FTWM </TD></TR><TR><TD>min81</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>23-Nov</TD><TD>Prof Mahesh Choolani</TD><TD>NUH</TD><TD>SAHM </TD></TR><TR><TD>Dreamrat</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>23-Nov</TD><TD>Dr Adrian</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>FTWM </TD></TR><TR><TD>Dreamygal</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>23-Nov</TD><TD>Dr Caroline Khi</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>SAHM </TD></TR><TR><TD>xuan</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>23-Nov</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>FTWM </TD></TR><TR><TD>littleprince</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>23-Nov</TD><TD>Dr Benjamin Tham</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>FTWM </TD></TR><TR><TD>mummychua</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>24-Nov</TD><TD>Dr Phua Soo Mear</TD><TD>Mt Alvernia</TD><TD>FTWM </TD></TR><TR><TD>Kitkat</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>25-Nov</TD><TD>Dr Wong Heng Fok</TD><TD>PWE</TD><TD>FTWM </TD></TR><TR><TD>Carine</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>25-Nov</TD><TD>Dr Woo Bit Hwa</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Lynn </TD><TD>1</TD><TD>25-Nov</TD><TD>Dr Tan Kim Teng</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Polkadottie</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>26-Nov</TD><TD>Dr Eunice Chua</TD><TD>Mt Alvernia</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>babypink</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>26-Nov</TD><TD>Dr Koh CH</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Mawanab</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>29-Nov</TD><TD>Dr Benjamin Tham</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>FTWM </TD></TR><TR><TD>MrsAz</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>30-Nov</TD><TD>Dr Esther Ng</TD><TD>Mt Alvernia</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></td></tr></table>

I think 30 may to 2 jun is too early for us to go and buy baby stuffs ya? What should we buy first? I am first time mummy.. totally clueless what to buy and what baby need.. so lost! help!!

piggie: it's the motherhood fair, right?? i dont think i wld know the gender yet as my next checkup is after 2 Jun. But i would love to go and get some stuffs like bottles &amp; want to look at Bumwear. i have a baby shopping list which i referred to for my #1 &amp; i shared it with some friends by writing comments on what i think is really needed. if u r interested i can email to u.

Morning mommies!

Any of u experiencing round ligament pains yet? it has been bugging me for the past 2 days.. sigh..

Piggie, yeah kinda early to be buying stuff though i think u will be abt 4.5 mths preg by then? u need the following basic stuff:
1) cot
2) diapers (can buy a few packs to stand by)
3) diaper cream
4) clothes (separate top and bottom for the first mth is better cos baby's head is too floppy to thread through rompers)
5) steriliser
6) milk bottles and teats (if u wanna tbf, u can skip this initially because latching babies might have teat preference)
7) pump
8) Swaddle
9) mittens and booties
10) wet wipes
11) baby bath
12) moisturising lotion
13) changing mat
14) nail clipper (though ordinary ones also can be used)
15) clean cotton balls or pads for cleaning baby's eyes
16) hankies like tonnes of them!
17) tongue cleaner from Nuk
18) rocker or a bouncer for them to sit on if they are not slping
19) some basic toys

That's all i can think of now.. i m sure the rest of the moms can add more.

List of baby stuff to get:
1) cot
3) diaper cream
4) clothes (separate top and bottom for the first mth is better cos baby's head is too floppy to thread through rompers; top open from front)
5) steriliser
6) milk bottles and teats (if u wanna tbf, u can skip this initially because latching babies might have teat preference)
7) pump
8) Swaddle
9) mittens and booties
10) wet wipes
11) baby bath
12) moisturising lotion
13) changing mat
19) some basic toys
20) small stool to sit on while bathing baby in bb tub.

Added pt 20) and stuff to pt 4)

1) cot
3) diaper cream
4) clothes (separate top and bottom for the first mth is better cos baby's head is too floppy to thread through rompers; top open from front)
5) steriliser
7) pump
8) Swaddle
9) mittens and booties
10) wet wipes
11) baby bath
12) moisturising lotion
13) changing mat
19) some basic toys
20) small stool to sit on while bathing baby in bb tub.
21) bath tub (i think Mt A gives this free)
22) stroller
23) carrier (i don't have this because i prefer stroller)
24) car seat (a must if u drive)

I forgot the tub! wahahaha..

There's one luxury that i recommend: a swing (NOT yao lan). swing is safer for baby's neck and also sits baby semi upright so it is gd for baby with reflux.
happy.gif
abt 12 wks old u can get a Bumbo seat.
happy.gif

hehe lucky for me, my niece just turned 2 years old. stuff like rocker, bumbo seat is still sitting in my storeroom.. so lesser of those big items to buy!

No problem Piggie.. i think for some items, thorough research is needed. Like stroller, car seat and pump.
happy.gif
even milk bottles, different ppl got different preferences.
happy.gif

talking abt research... maybe experienced mums can help me out on the below?

RE: stroller
looking to buy a good n lasting one, but cant afford exp brands (like quinny n maclaren). am wondering btw capella and combi, which is more recommended? or any other brands that i can also consider? haven't go physically look at strollers but reading on the internet i get a little confused already by all their specs.. haha..

RE: pump
i'm worried that if i buy pump early but end up no milk, then it will be a waste, esp since pumps are not exactly cheap also. but if wait until bb is born then buy is abit too late also rite?

Back