(2013/11) November 2013

thirdtimemum: is it Carrano? i used to buy clothes from their Bugis outlet. the clothes in the shop look very aunty but can find good buys if u dig!

there is another shop at beauty world plaza.. i am not sure if it is still there. the shop sells children's clothes and i think the shop name is little bobdog or something.. it's a very big shop but inside also got lotsa maternity clothes. i bought enough to last me whole preg when i was 5 mths and cost less than $200.

http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/36738/1616643.html

Check out this thread
happy.gif
. Research all done by mtbs before us. Carrano mentioned a few times.

thanks fuzzybear! sometimes need some assurance cos i'm after all inexperienced in this. haha..

kayliz.. hope u feel better soon.. =)

Kayliz: I am still having bad ms too. Had food poisoning recently even. Ytd I tried walking to the mall to get something but couldn't manage to get there and I was breathless and feeling faint. I don't know what's the problem. I have been lying in bed for a week already. And. Haven't eaten for the past week too. Sigh. Hope all these will be over soon

Morning Mummies.

Re: Confinement.
I did not hire confinement lady during my first confinement due to financial as I was not working. I did not know any recommended confinement lady. Hence my mum came to help me for 2 weeks and my mil will help to cook some confinement food. Both my mum and mil helped with the washing and cleaning the house. I looked after my baby by myself most of the time. It was a very tiring experience especially got to wake up in the night to feed baby, etc.

For my second confinement, thinking that it was my last confinement and my mum advise me to do it properly. Hence I hired a confinement lady through recommendation from my sister who had hired her during her confinement. I was so glad that I hired a confinement lady as my mum happened to go on tour when I delivered my baby. My baby was borned 5 weeks earlier than my EDD. My mil was helping me to look after my older kid hence did not have time to help me with my confinement.

I have booked the same confinement lady for my confinement in November even though I have yet to know my EDD. I will probably cater confinement food for 2 weeks after my confinement lady left. I don't think I am able to cook for myself, do the housework and look after baby.

Re: Maid.
I don't intend to hire a maid as I worried that maid will give me problem. Having a maid will also take away our privacy and it is an additional financial commitment. However, hb wants me to hire a maid as he is afraid we cannot cope with 3 kids, housework, etc.

Re: Maternity Clothes
I bought some from Old Navy during sale and got some from gmarket. I'm glad that I have not given away my maternity clothes as I did not expect that I will need to wear them again.

Think if we can train the older kids to help out shldn't be too difficult to handle 3 kids.
Currently we are training no1 to shower on his own. Get them to unpack their back and dump all their clothes into the washing machine after shower while we prepare dinner everynight

Eat dinner on their own. Want to eat eat. Dun want forget it. Stomach hungry your problem... have to wait till next milk or meal time. Lazy to spoon feed them...hee bad mummy

Sat I get them to help to keep the toy and book if it is messy. Use irobot to help to vacuum the flr
happy.gif

SN, i m shopping at Gap, Old Navy and ASOS.
happy.gif
saw a few more presentable ones at ASOS. last yr i bought a nice dress from ASOS but my maid destroyed it by bleaching it! i wore it only once! so mad!

Kayliz, poor thing u.. hang in there.. another 2+ wks end of first trim and hopefully u will be feeling much better too. Like Jean, i m feeling very breathless and faint. prob cos not enough food and water. plus i have low BP. i m just telling myself to look forward to 2nd trim.

Min81, yup my Oscar will be on 9th May. i will be 13 wks then. i did my scan at FCC for my #2. wait time can be super long. but the people there are pretty friendly. My gynae only trust Prof Biswas to look at the scan. He sent his wife to Prof Biswas too. Actually Gleneagles can do the scan but my gynae thinks they are too ex so told me to do it either at FCC or TMC. haha..

Mummychua, could be the higher progesterone levels making u tired. do be careful when driving ok?

Wenny, having a maid is like a lucky draw. if u are lucky everything goes smooth. if not lucky u will have so many probs on top of taking care of 3 kids!

I feel like doing part time but im worry im paid as PT but doing FT works. Bossess like to bully PT staff. Like Wenny Koh says, Working part time will end up working full time and not worth the time and effort.

I'm feeling so depressed. There's like nothing I can do. I have low BP too. Maybe that's the cause of the breathlessness and all. My next check up will only be on the 30th. Still some time to go.

Oh dear kayliz, jean1986, hang on! Take care.

Mikiko, I agree that's how kids should be trained! Builds up their independence. Have your kids used magic mop? My girl still finds it so fun! And I get free labour hehehe!

Ugh, nausea came back. Back to crackers again.

jean, i have low bp too. use to faint every now and then but now know how to predict liao so havent fainted for quite some time liao. i even fainted when im pushing my #1 during labour. gynae give me oxygen to wake me up. lol....

now after lunch im feeling sleepy again. now i will always have some sweet to chew on when im driving. i think i will gain alot of weight for this pregnancy. no ms plus so much munches.

hello mummies...
i'm a FTM too..EDD 7th Nov..this is my 2nd pregnancy though, my first pregnancy unfortunately ended in a miscarriage at 10 weeks, realised that the baby stopped growing after 8 weeks during my 10 week scan..

so getting very paranoid with this pregnancy...my next gyane appointment will be next week when I reach 12 weeks..so on and off keep wondering if the heartbeat will suddenly stop...

Jean1986: same!!! During my 3 day biz trip, i was worried about MS and stuff but surprisingly all was well and i felt very normal.
When i returned, i fell sick and coughed non stop that i bled, so given 1 week bed rest.
But on the day i was supposed to return to work, i start to get bad MS again and severe diarrhoea that lasted 4 days until now.
I've already been off work for 8 days and today i returned to office but i'm still not in gd shape. Thinking of going home soon.. my weight has dropped from 56kg before i got preg to now 50kg..

Hi mummies to be

I have the following Philips Avent items to sell. Please pm me or contact me at [email protected] if you are interested.

Philips Avent (Brand New)
1 X 6 piece Breast Shell Set

1 X Moisturising Nipple Cream

10 X Breast Milk Containers 180ml/6oz

The following I am letting go for free. You just need to pay for postage.

Pigeon (Brand New)
2 X Peristaltic Nipple for Wide-neck Bottle Size S

Gosh, Kayliz, you lost 6kg!!!!! I lost 3kg and i already felt that if i lose anymore weight, i will disappear into the air already. cos, im considered underweight before pregnancy. What did your gynae say? was it the same during your #1's time?

seems that today, everyone is having ms. sobz. i couldn't finish my lunch.

seems like low bp n losing weight is very common. doc says i have low bp also during my recent appt, but so far i dun have much issues except for feeling giddy after walking back to office from lunch. i thot it was bcos of the heat. sometimes when i stand up too fast also giddy. i'm also losing weight but not as much as kayliz n SN. 3 n 6 kg is alot leh! haha..

i only had porridge for lunch today. the portion very little lor! then after tt grabbed a yoghurt drink. i have a tart left over from breakfast, think i will eat tt later. =P

mummies, I fainted in the train last week and now as and when I feel giddy too. Worst is when need to squeeze in the train in the morning and after work. Sigh...when will this end. I have been worrying what if i fainted and affect the bb. Am I too negative? Everyday I will pray that my bb stays healthy and #1 be a good boy. He is only 20 mths and night still will cry while sleeping. My mum told me this could be due to my pregnancy as bb is v sensitive.

SN: I'm of average weight.. If not for preg I wld be happy with my current weight, haha.

I'm in hospital, going to out on drip soon due to dehydration. Hope that my diarrhoea and vomitting can stop soon.

Mummychua, how low is your blood pressure? Mine also considered lower than average, but touch wood, never faint before.

Kayliz, 6kg is a lot! Oh wow............ Hope your boss and colleagues are sympathetic enough

Silver, am nearly in the same situation as u. My last pregnancy was blighted ovum, had to clear it out either week 8/9. Next week also my 12th week. But since we've passed 10th week, the chances of our pregnancies progressing is now extremely high. Remember, extremely high now! Just hold on!
happy.gif

kayliz, you will feel better after drip. ask the doc to give you imodium, think it's more effective than normal charcoal pills. i had diarhea when i was on drip in hospital too due to antibiotics side effect. one pill was all that was needed to stop the diarhea.

so sleepy, i actually closed my eyes at my desk for 5 minutes.

Oh dear, seems like many mummies are having serious dehyration. Jia you mummies! I am also very tired I go toilet to rest. but its so smelly

Oh dear Kayliz! hang in there. i think u need even more rest now. Update us ok? I lost 3-4kg already but i think it is due more to me bf-ing initially.

Snake_bb, huh fainted on the train? how? did u fall? did anybody help you? aiyoh dangerous leh.. may be u shd consider taking a cab home. spend a bit of money for safety!

Ankh, haha i was looking forward to hear what u ate today! my bp is usually 90/60. naturally low because i m tall. oh well.. now slightly lower. i actually see stars when i get out of the car! need to hold onto the door and wait for my eyes to clear.

Xuan, almost time to go home!

Jasline : Thanks, I'm excited to be here also....

SN (totorodino): Ya I have a fixed gynau Tan Heng Hao, he is also the head of reproductive medicine. Wah u also go see Oct thread ah..

ANKH I heard of the horror stories also
sad.gif
I will stick to my gynae, he quite nice and handsome also hahaha... I see your post that you bleeding, hope all is fine...

Cookiesbun Wow!!! I finally found someone in the "same" plight as me.. Only thing is you worried 1 of them disappear.. for me my gynae "hopes" that one of them disappear to reduce my risk. Hearing it makes me have super mixed feelings. I don't even dare to tell too many ppl I have triplets. Ya my EDD not confirmed too, the lady took 1/2 hour to calculate my EDD cos I have 1 full embryo and 2 50% smaller ones.. dunno which one to use to estimate EDD. Which part of Bishan you stay? I stay blk 196 St 13 or St 11.. So exciting. You found stroller yet? I found it liao.. twin stroller..

Xuan, so fast your bb can wave liao? So exciting!!

Lyn, thanks - yes I will stick to fixed gynae for the reasons you mentioned.. Hope he turns out well for me.

Caels Mom, You have the exact same symptoms as me! Its the wierdest feeling in the world sia.. I feel so lousy all the time!

Wenny Koh - I have bump liao, dunno its fat bump or preggie bump cos I have triplets and I'm eating ALL THE TIME! I'm so depressed cos I lost so much weight exercising before my pregnancy and now I'm "fat" again..

Dreamygal jia you too!!

Polkadottie Welcome!

SN can all me to the list also?

Nickname: applebits
Child #: 1,2,3
EDD: 15 Nov 2013
Doctor: Dr Tan Heng Hao
Hospital: KK Hospital

kayliz Don't feel so bad, it will be over soon since you are already 11 weeks.. Hang in there, it will get better!

Charvin, your mum wana do triplets confinement or not? Hahaha, I think I scare CL and maids off now - I hear triplets services are avoided like plague cos too much to handle.. I find it quite funny.. I think soon I won't be the one laughing LOL.

thanks ankh..let's jiayou together..and wow we're both 12 weeks next week..
happy.gif

symptoms seemed to go away except for the bloatedness feeling and occasion pukey feeling..
so many mummies here losing weight...
i've been eating lesser than before, hopefuly managed to lose some weight too..=X

Fuzzy bear,I was w my colleague and lucky he held on me and someone gave up the seat for me.If take cab everyday from Sengkang to kent bridge,I guess will be $30 or more per trip.one mth will cost me $600 Liao.Praying my Hb can send me to work if he going to site nearby.
I have a feeling I will deliver in Oct13 leh but I can still chat here right?

fuzzybear, wow, 90/60 is low. Mine usually 110/60+. Maybe that's why I've no fainting spells. Er, ahem, I had chap chye ben again for dinner cum supper at 9+. Sadly no curry cabbage. Realize I can't eat well till mid afternoon, so my meals all pushed back. Hey, I literally have morning sickness now!

Cheryl, thanks! Cross fingers and toes, all seems fine now.

Silver, yeah, we're hitting 12 weeks soon
happy.gif
. Sometimes can't believe it.

Snake_bb, yeah la, chat here even if u deliver in Oct. I could also deliver end Oct. If #2 follows my #1 pattern, I'll be having a Halloween bb.

Hi mommys, this is my first pregnancy and i'm in my 9th week. Constantly feeling bloated like an elephant, sleepy like a polar bear in winter and kinda loss appetite for the food I use to love... I think taking pre natal vitamins and folio acid is making me feel worse... Anyone here feels the same way?

Am taking folic acid (small yellow pill), Obimin (pre natal vitamins), neuro gain (fish oil) and caltrate (calcium for bones) , I must say the Caltrate is HUGE, really don't like taking pills
sad.gif

Hello mummies!
Am expecting my #2 mid dec but #1 arrived 4weeks early so we are preparing for bb #2 to say hello in Nov most probably. #1 is 9mths old now and super sticky and whiny now!

morning mommies! I'm 12 weeks today. Puked my dinner out last night, two nights in a row
sad.gif
I hate the gross/hungry/horrible taste in the mouth feeling after puking. Went to bed at 930pm but woke at 430am n cant sleep till 630am n by 7am got to wake up. sobz man. I tink today for lunch i will take the safe option of mee hoon soup or porridge. yesterday, bak chor mee was too overwhealming. I recall my ms eased up at week 13. looking forward to next week!

ankh, what do you normally order for chap chye ben? give some inspiration leh. haha. i always avoid buying chap chye ben cos cannot decide what to order.

yesterday my mom came over and she steamed aspharagus. gosh! i took one bite and wanted to puke already. worse than eating fish!

silver, my friend's first pregnancy, her baby's heartbeat stopped at week10. But hey, she is having her second baby now and is safely in her third trimester. so dun worry ok. once week 10 is over, think quite safe already.

btw, does 2nd trimester starts at wk 14? i recall reading somewhere that it doesnt start at wk 12.

mikiko, if it's brown spotting, i think it's fine. i had that quite often during #1's time. If it's red, then better go and see as soon as possible.

data arranged according to EDD. anyone else to add?

<table border=1><tr><td>Nickname</TD><TD>Child #</TD><TD>EDD</TD><TD>Doctor</TD><TD>Hospital</TD><TD>SAHM or FTWM </TD></TR><TR><TD>OP_mum</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>1-Nov</TD><TD>Dr Lawrence Ang</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>FTWM </TD></TR><TR><TD>SN</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>1-Nov</TD><TD>Dr Chan Kong Hon</TD><TD>Gleneagles</TD><TD>FTWM </TD></TR><TR><TD>piggie</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>2-Nov</TD><TD>DR TC Chang</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>ankh</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>3-Nov</TD><TD>Dr WK Tan</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>SAHM </TD></TR><TR><TD>xu4n</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>3-Nov</TD><TD>Dr Phua Soo Mear</TD><TD>Mt Alvernia</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Winkle</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>3-Nov</TD><TD>Dr Lisa Chin</TD><TD>Gleneagles</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Jean1986</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>4-Nov</TD><TD>Dr Irene Chua</TD><TD>Gleneagles</TD><TD>PTWM </TD></TR><TR><TD>Sweatcorn</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>4-Nov</TD><TD>Dr Eunice Chua</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>FTWM </TD></TR><TR><TD>third3timemum</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>4-Nov</TD><TD>Dr Lim Lean Soon</TD><TD>Mt Alvernia</TD><TD>FTWM </TD></TR><TR><TD>Kayliz</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>5-Nov</TD><TD>Dr John Yam</TD><TD>Mt Alvernia</TD><TD>FTWM </TD></TR><TR><TD>xnruier</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>5-Nov</TD><TD>Dr Caroline Khi</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>PTWM </TD></TR><TR><TD>Snake_BB</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>7-Nov</TD><TD>Prof Biswas</TD><TD>NUH</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>P.T</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>11-Nov</TD><TD>Dr LC</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Peanut</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>12-Nov</TD><TD>Dr Irene Chua</TD><TD>Gleneagles</TD><TD>FTWM </TD></TR><TR><TD>Fuzzybear</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>13-Nov</TD><TD>Dr LC Foong</TD><TD>Gleneagles</TD><TD>FTWM </TD></TR><TR><TD>Ivyseng</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>mid-Nov</TD><TD>Dr Kenneth Edward Lee</TD><TD>Mt Alvernia</TD><TD>FTWM </TD></TR><TR><TD>bibi</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>15-Nov</TD><TD>Dr WK Tan</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>FTWM </TD></TR><TR><TD>applebits</TD><TD>1,2,3</TD><TD>15-Nov</TD><TD>Dr Tan Heng Hao</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>woahwoah</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>16-Nov</TD><TD>Dr LN Sim</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>FTWM </TD></TR><TR><TD>Happygal79</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>17-Nov</TD><TD>Dr James Lee</TD><TD>Mt Alvernia</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Bunnymummy82</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>18-Nov</TD><TD>Dr Benjamin Tham</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>FTWM </TD></TR><TR><TD>cheeseburger</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>19-Nov</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>bbz_rainbow</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>20-Nov</TD><TD>Dr Yvonne Chan</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>FTWM </TD></TR><TR><TD>Lyn (Caslyn)</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>22-Nov</TD><TD>Dr Annapoorna</TD><TD>NUH</TD><TD>FTWM </TD></TR><TR><TD>min81</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>23-Nov</TD><TD>Prof Mahesh Choolani</TD><TD>NUH</TD><TD>SAHM </TD></TR><TR><TD>Dreamrat</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>23-Nov</TD><TD>Dr Adrian</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>FTWM </TD></TR><TR><TD>Dreamygal</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>23-Nov</TD><TD>Dr Caroline Khi</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>SAHM </TD></TR><TR><TD>xuan</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>23-Nov</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>FTWM </TD></TR><TR><TD>mummychua</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>24-Nov</TD><TD>Dr Phua Soo Mear</TD><TD>Mt Alvernia</TD><TD>FTWM </TD></TR><TR><TD>Kitkat</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>25-Nov</TD><TD>Dr Wong Heng Fok</TD><TD>PWE</TD><TD>FTWM </TD></TR><TR><TD>Carine</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>25-Nov</TD><TD>Dr Woo Bit Hwa</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Lynn </TD><TD>1</TD><TD>25-Nov</TD><TD>Dr Tan Kim Teng</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Polkadottie</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>26-Nov</TD><TD>Dr Eunice Chua</TD><TD>Mt Alvernia</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>MrsAz</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>30-Nov</TD><TD>Dr Esther Ng</TD><TD>Mt Alvernia</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Phyllis Hong</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>Dr Wong Mun Tat</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>batbat</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>Dr Benjamin Tham</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>FTWM </TD></TR><TR><TD>chrmei</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>Dr Benjamin Tham</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>FTWM </TD></TR><TR><TD>wennykoh</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>Dr LC Cheng</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>FTWM </TD></TR><TR><TD>littleprince</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>30-Nov</TD><TD>Dr Benjamin Tham</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>FTWM </TD></TR><TR><TD>Lai711</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>End Nov</TD><TD>Dr Douglas Ong</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD>FTWM </TD></TR><TR><TD></td></tr></table>

hi mummies, when you all puke, sometimes do you get the super sourness kind of puke? especially when there's not much food to puke out then came the sourish liquid..
been puking that the last few times...taste horrible..

I never had spotting for my last 2 pregancy... don't know how come this time round have. Maybe I old already ... Is like pinkish and a bit red is like b4 or after menses.

When is the best time to tell bosses you are preg??

mikiko i dunno much abt spotting, but perhaps can call ur gynae n see if he prefers u to go see him today instead of tmr?

silver, if there's sourish liquid, prob is ur gastric juice since u said there isnt much food..

sometimes if i dun have appetite to eat n dunno wat to eat i also end up ordering mixed vege rice. i used to order 1 vege, 1 egg/tofu n 1 meat, but now try to order more vege instead cos i feel i'm not eating enuff vege. then i request to add alot of gravy (usually the braised sauce) so tt my rice is not so dry n easier to eat..

懷孕第一個月
主打營養素:葉酸
作用:防止胎兒神經器官缺陷
補充葉酸可以防止貧血、早產,防止胎兒畸形,這對妊娠早期尤為重要,因為早期正是胎兒神經器官發育的關鍵。孕媽媽要常吃富含葉酸的食物,如面包、面條、白米和面粉等谷類食物,以及牛肝、菠菜,龍須菜、蘆筍、豆類及蘋果、柑橘、橙子等。除了食補以外,還可以口服葉酸片來保證每日所需的葉酸。

懷孕第2個月  
主打營養素:維生素C、維生素B6
作用:緩解牙齦出血、抑制妊娠嘔吐
懷孕的第2個月,有些准媽媽會發現自己在刷牙時牙齦會出血,適量補充維生素C能緩解牙齦出血的現像。同時,可以幫助提高機體抵抗力,預防牙齒疾病。生活中的維生素C來源於新鮮的水果蔬菜,比如,青椒、菜花、白菜、蕃茄、黃瓜、菠菜、檸檬、草莓、蘋果等。
Tip:烹煮以上食物時間不宜過長,以免維生素C大量流失。
對於那些受孕吐困擾的准媽媽來說,維生素B6便是妊娠嘔吐的克星。維生素VB6在麥芽糖中含量最高,每天吃1-2勺麥芽糖不僅可以抑制妊娠嘔吐,而且能使孕婦精力充沛。富含維生素B6的食品還有香蕉,馬鈴薯,黃豆,胡蘿蔔,核桃,花生,菠菜等植物性食品。動物性食品中以瘦肉,雞肉,雞蛋,魚等含量較多。

懷孕第3個月
主打營養素:鎂、維生素A
作用:促進胎寶寶生長發育
鎂不僅對胎兒肌肉的健康至關重要,而且也有助於骨骼的正常發育。近期研究表明,懷孕頭三個月攝取的鎂的數量關系到新生兒身高、體重和頭圍大小。在色拉油、綠葉蔬菜、堅果、大豆、南瓜、甜瓜、葵花籽和全麥食品中都很容易找到鎂。另外,鎂對准媽媽的子宮肌肉恢復也很有好處。
胎兒發育的整個過程都需要維生素A,它尤其能保證胎兒皮膚、胃腸道和肺部的健康。懷孕的頭三個月,胎兒自己還不能儲存維生素A,因此孕媽媽一定要供應充足。甘薯、南瓜、菠菜、芒果都含有大量的VA。

懷孕第4個月
主打營養素:鋅
作用:防止胎寶寶發育不良
這個月准媽媽需要增加鋅的攝入量。准媽媽如果缺鋅,會影響胎寶寶在宮內的生長,會使胎兒的腦、心髒、等重要器官發育不良。缺鋅會造成孕媽咪味覺、嗅覺異常,食欲減退,消化和吸收功能不良,免疫力降低,這樣勢必造成胎兒宮內發育遲緩。富含鋅的食物有生蠔、牡蠣、肝髒、口蘑、芝麻、赤貝等,尤其在生蠔中含量尤其豐富。
Tip:補鋅也要適量,每天膳食中鋅的補充量不宜超過45毫克。

懷孕第5個月
主打營養素:維生素D、鈣
作用:促進胎寶寶骨骼和牙齒的發育
孕媽咪懷孕的第5個月後,胎寶寶的骨骼和牙齒生長得特別快,是迅速鈣化時期,對鈣質的需求簡直是劇增。因此從本月起,牛奶、孕婦奶粉或酸奶是准媽媽每天必不可少的補鈣飲品。此外,還應該多吃以下這些容易攝取到鈣的食物,如,干乳酪、豆腐、雞蛋或鴨蛋、蝦、魚類、海帶等。另外,准媽媽應每天服用鈣劑。需要注意的是,鈣的補充要貫穿於整個孕期始終。
當然,單純補鈣還是不夠的,維生素D可以促進鈣的有效吸收,孕媽媽要多吃魚類、雞蛋,另外曬太陽也能制造VD,孕媽媽可以適當曬曬太陽,但是首先要做好防曬工作。

懷孕第6個月
主打營養素:鐵
作用:防止缺鐵性貧血
此時的准媽媽和胎寶寶的營養需要量都在猛增。許多准媽媽開始出現貧血症狀。鐵是組成紅細胞的重要元素之一,所以,本月尤其要注意鐵元素的攝入。
為避免發生缺鐵性貧血,准媽媽應該注意膳食的調配,有意識地吃一些含鐵質豐富的蔬菜、動物肝髒、瘦肉、雞蛋等。還可以從這個月開始每天口服0.3—0.6克硫酸亞鐵。

懷孕第7個月
主打營養素:“腦黃金”
作用:保證嬰兒大腦和視網膜的正常發育
DHA、EPA和腦磷脂、卵磷脂等物質合在一起,被稱為“腦黃金”。“腦黃金”對於懷孕個月的准媽媽來說,具有雙重的重要意義。首先,“腦黃金”能預防早產,防止胎兒發育遲緩,增加嬰兒出生時的體重。其次,此時的胎寶寶,神經系統逐漸完善,全身組織尤其是大腦細胞發育速度比孕早期明顯加快。而足夠“腦黃金”的攝入,能保證嬰兒大腦和視網膜的正常發育。
為補充足量的“腦黃金”,孕媽咪可以交替地吃些富含DHA類的物質,如富含天然亞油酸、亞麻酸的核桃、松子、葵花子、杏仁、榛子、花生等堅果類食品,此外還包括海魚、魚油等。這些食物富含胎寶寶大腦細胞發育所需要的必需脂肪酸,有健腦益智的作用。

懷孕第8個月
主打營養素:碳水化合物
作用:維持身體熱量需求
第8個孕月,胎兒開始在肝髒和皮下儲存糖原及脂肪。此時如碳水化合物攝入不足,將造成蛋白質缺乏或酮症酸中毒,所以孕8月應保證熱量的供給,增加主糧的攝入,如大米、面粉等。一般來說,准媽媽每天平均需要進食400g左右的谷類食品,這對保證熱量供給、節省蛋白質有著重要意義。另外在米、面主食之外,要增加一些粗糧,比如小米、玉米、燕麥片等。

懷孕第9個月
主打營養素:膳食纖維
作用:防止便秘,促進腸道蠕動
孕後期,逐漸增大的胎寶寶給准媽媽帶來負擔,准媽媽很容易發生便秘。由於便秘,又可發生內外痔。為了緩解便秘帶來的痛苦,孕媽咪應該注意攝取足夠量的膳食纖維,以促進腸道蠕動。全麥面包、芹菜、胡蘿蔔、白薯、土豆、豆芽、菜花等各種新鮮蔬菜水果中都含有豐富的膳食纖維。孕媽咪還應該適當進行戶外運動,並養成每日定時排便的習慣。

懷孕第10個月
主打營養素:硫胺素(維生素B1)
作用:避免產程延長,分娩困難
最後一個月裡,必須補充各類維生素和足夠的鐵、鈣、充足的水溶性維生素,尤其以硫胺素最為重要。如果硫胺素不足,易引起准媽媽嘔吐、倦怠、體乏,還可影響分娩時子宮收縮,使產程延長,分娩困難。硫胺素在海魚中的含量比較高

Good morning Mummies !!
My symptom seems to stop overnight
sad.gif
not hungry anymore,breast not as sore, not bloated no cramp.. So worried

Gd morning mommies!!

Snake_bb, yikes be careful then. I take the cab when I cannot make it. I dun wanna pass out alone. I just take it as extra money well spent.

Ankh, I don't like eating rice. Haha. What are u thinking of eating today? I m the opposite of u. I can't eat pass 4pm.

SN, do u throw up everyday? I do it every single night. Eat already, wait an hr or 2 and I will puke. Some nights I puke 2-3x. When will this end? Yes 2nd trim starts on wk 14.
happy.gif

Silver, I puke that quite often! My first puke usually is my dinner. 2nd-3rd puke usually sourish or bitter water. Yuck. That to me is the most demoralizing. Cos it is so gross.

Babypinkalistic, likely it is ur increasing HCG that is making u feel that way. Multivit dont do that.
happy.gif
Plus progesterone level is increasing too.

Mikiko, call ur gynae to ask? See what he says. I would say go and see him.

Morning mummies!

third3timemum, so many chinese words all clump together! haha.

Mikko, pls call yur gynae for advise. i had sort of red bleeding two weeks ago. after a jab and hormone pills, it stopped.

I saw &amp; heard my bb's heartbeat last nite at 183bpm! Gynae was scanning my tummy, showing me the little peanut and heartbeat when he suddenly switched on the volume to let us hear the heartbeat! so exciting! I am 8w1d now..

Gynae oso explained bout oscar test, but he say its up to us to decide. is anybody doing oscar test?

btw, gynae say if we dun like those mummy's milk, fresh milk is equally good. he said his wife oso took fresh milk when she was pregnant..

Thanks Third3timemum and Jasline for the article and the translation! Just eat a balanced diet lah! Hahahah.

Lynn, when's ur next check? Wanna bring ur appt forward? May be u are the lucky one with mild MS! My gynae said changes in the severity of ur symptoms do not mean anything but he also said see a doc just to reassure urself.

Fuzzybear, for #1's time, i puked daily, morning, afternoon, night, from week 6-13. That time my gynae comforted me by saying one of the nurses in the hospital puked all the way till she delivered and once the placenta was out, she suddenly felt the nausea left her. @.@!!! Thank God I stopped puking by wk 13.

This time round, i puke much lesser. Maybe once or twice a day, some days i only feel nauseous but won't puke. some days i feel perfectly well. So it's really quite different. And i am seriously wondering when the nausea will end for this pregnancy. I rather puke daily and stop by week 13, then to puke from time to time all the way till end of pregnancy. Ok, i will have faith and pray against that.

yesterday i puked immediately after taking my folic and DHA.

Mikiko, since it's fresh blood, I also say dont wait, go see gynae today. Where u spotted, keep the underwear/sanitary pads/ toilet tissue and show it to gynae. Gross, but lets the gynae judge what dosage of meds to give u, and how soon u need to go for next review.

SN, my chap chye ben usually non leafy veg, egg tofu and maybe egg. Mainly to increase my veg intake cos I still can't handle leafy veg ugh. Aiya, see la u mention fish in ur post, I want to gag now!

Silver, could be time to eat some plain crackers to absorb the gastric juice from being vomited out.

Fuzzybear, my chap chye ben usually ask for less rice. I try to restrain myself from eating the rice lor, only eat liao else too much food. Dunno wat to eat today! Wait till 2pm then I'll know. Morning nausea now haha!

Third3timemum, thanks for the article too but thank goodness Jasline got translation cos my Chinese condemn type lol. Thanks Jasline!

And I'm now on my second big box of Meiji crackers. Wah, I've never eaten so much crackers before.

Back