(2013/10) October 2013

Reiko, drink milk and fruit juices!

Flower: take fruits such as avacado - it's high in good fatty acids and can the nutrients can help baby grow. I love it with shakes!

Hi Kayliz

I love to drink the 'teh' series and bubble tea too...now...almost Milo everyday....think the assistant at the clinic will always work towards an apptm on the 6th wk...dunno should delay apptm a not...

Hi,

Sorry to intrude...

I have 4 USS tickets for sale which are expiring on 02Mar13 (this sat).
Letting go at SGD65 per tkt (SGD240 if u take all 4 tkts).
Pls PM me if u're keen, thks!!

Hi mummies,

I tested positive this morning. Expecting my no 4. I am still latching my no 3 who is 15 mths old. No 3 and no 4 is accident bb. No 4 is really unexpected as we seldom have sex and at the most once a mth using "withdrawal" method so I am not sure how i will get pregnant. I am only seeing gynae this thurs. Have not decided to keep or not though.

Any mummies expecting no 4? How do u cope mentally and financially? I have no maid all along and have been a working mum and my hb is on graveyard shifts. My hb decision is to abort the bb.

I did not have menses since i gave birth to my no 3 15 mths back so never suspect that i am pregnant till i got ms.

mummies.. yup i think i will wait until 6 weeks.. my previous preg i spent close to $300 for v-scan and ultrasound and yet cannot see a thing coz too early. then still take urine test and blood test to confirm how many weeks i was.

Im taking prenatal vitamins from GNC at the moment. Hopefully at 6 weeks i can see a heartbeat.
happy.gif
if i call the clinic to make appt now for 2 weeks later, is it too kiasu or not?

Dear Serene,
Having a baby is a happy thing.. yet if you find that u cannot give the baby happiness or one party does not agree to keep the child, it is time for a serious discussion with your hubby.

As we are all adults now.. i trust u know what u r doing is the best for everyone. Pls make a wise decision.

Hope everything goes well for u & i hope u will join us in this thread.
happy.gif

ReikoHopes: when's ur LMP? I just called a gynae and they told me to go on next tues. my LMP was 24 Jan so about 6 weeks by then.

Reiko my last menses is 7th Jan, we tried for bb on the 17th soshould be 7 weeks nw as per my last menses. Last Friday doc say either I got the dates wrong else my bb is growing slow cos its small as 5 weeks size. I cant be getting the dates wrong right...
sad.gif

Happyenough I love avocado juice ha I jus asked my hubby ti buy when he back later from work :D

welcome all new comers!

I am feeling so paranoid..yesterday not much symptoms at all but then now i am having a little reflux. Sigh..no symptoms scared..got symptoms headache..well actually very much relieved to have symptoms lol

reikohopes
can drink yogurt drink, oat drink and 3 in 1 cereal drinks
happy.gif
you can add some milo powder into the cereal to make it more 'chocolaty'
happy.gif

Serene
sorry to hear about your dilemma..it's a very difficult situation..it is definitely not easy with 3 other young children and then in Singapore nowadays very high costs. But on other hand people like me and in other threads like ivf/miscarriage/adoption want a baby so badly it hurts. But the final decision still lies with you and your husband. I wish you all the best..take care sister!

Hi ladies,

I am quite confused too.

Tried calling the gynae today and i got different answer. Dr. Adelina Wong's clinic told me to go at the 6week while Dr. Woo Bit Hwa's clinic said that when I tested positive I can go for check already. So should I wait till 6weeks before going for the check?

BabyChloe, Dr. Paul Tseng is with which hospital? I'm more keen on TMC.

Btw, anyone heard of Dr. Adelina Wong or Dr. Woo Bit Hwa? Seems that Dr. Adelina's charges are more ex.

My 3 pregnancies were from doc woo bit hwa so were all my 11 nieces and nephews all delivered by him. Yes can go down if u test positive so that he can prescribe u folic acid and advise next checkup. I always see him when i was only 4 weeks pregnant then

Hi mommies, congrats to everyone!

Reiko, kayliz, I don't think it's too ks to go for appt now. I went at 6.5 weeks and could hear heartbeat.

Do any mommies here have a toddler too? How do you manage this and first tri symptoms.

ReikoHopes: hmm u one day after me so I think can go next week? U call ur gynae clinic and tell the nurse your LMP. They will advise u when u can go for ur checkup..

Skysim: at 4 weeks can't see anything. They will just do urine test to cfm ur pregnancy and later give folic which cost u $100+ at private gynae.. Folic acid if u need just go pharmacy buy for $3+.. When I called my gynae they said after u got a positive, no pain or bleeding then juz wait for appt at 6 weeks.

skysim
think too early can't see anything. Some gynae just want to earn money mah..so i suggest go in week 7 or 8
happy.gif
but of course can call to book appointment lah not kiasu lah just in case popular gyane appoint time booked up mah

Hi all,

Flower, my lmp was 2 jan n my bb has just turned 7w today as per my gynae visit ytd. It all depends on your ovaluation which might be late n implantation can be late too as suggested by another mummy, dun be too worried ya? I have visited pd twice n my edd changed twice too n he told me its normal to change 3/4 days. Edd will fix only about 10-12weeks.

As to when to visit pd, it depends on u. 4w really cannot see anything, 5w can only see sac, 6w can see bb n possibly hb. So if u go earlier, pd will just cfm pregnancy n give u the necessary med like folic acid n dygestorone if he thinks u need.
happy.gif
hope this helps.

Serene, v sorry to hear about your situation, but before u come to a decision, u may wanna stop latching number three first cos iirc, breastfeeding will cause uterus to contract n may endanger number 4. I hope u n hubby will come to a wise decision. I know it's not easy, hugs!

Hi bluberri, I v same as u. My appetite is still v good, n I'm sure I m putting loads of weight. I'm already plus size Liao too
sad.gif
so sad.

Hi serene lim! I am expecting my no. 4 too! My kids are 10,8 & 5 respectively. I have no helper & I managed the kids on my own. How old are you children? Perhaps you could teach them to be more independent and get them to handle things on their own while you concentrate on your pregnancy & your 3rd child? Nevertheless, children are a gift from god. Have a good talk with your hubby. I am sure things will be good for you. Hugs!

Hi Mardhyna,

My kids are 8, 5 and 15 mths. My eldest gal very independent and infact is the biggest help to me all these years.

Hi Littlefriend,
I read that it is safe to bf while pregnant.

But I used the ovulation kit , tested positive then tried so can't be wrong unless kit is wrong and all went wrong.....
sad.gif

Congrats n welcome all mummies!

My 1st preg is a set of twins n they are only 21 mths now...I m a ftwm so after work still gotta settle them n manage my ms... Still manageable but if I m really tired will apply leave n stay at home to rest... I hv a helper though but mainly for cooking n housework... She does help us with children but minimum...

It's safe to breast feed while preggie but best is to seek gynae opinion... Cos it might differs for another person...

Hope to share n learn some experiences here
happy.gif
btw for those intending to hire CL during your confinement... Best to book one now as d popular ones are already booked all d way to sept.... I do not prefer agency ones cos heard alot of negative feedbacks though they hv replacements... Still prefer those from word of mouth...

Wish everyone of us will clear d 9 months smoothly.. N a smooth delivery!! Jia you!!!

Wow babychloe. U must be super mom to be handling young twins while preggie! Thanks for the encouragement!

I was actually thinking of getting one from agency as my previous one (word of mouth) wasn't very good. Heard agency ones are more professional n organized. Curious to know what negative feedback have u heard?

LuvsaT , I m not a super mummy... My hb n maid does help abit.... Lol...

I heard agency CL are not as experienced as what they claimed. Many of my Frens regretted after hiring from agency but I believe there are good ones too... Think it's a matter of luck ba...

Thks Serene, Kayliz, hbabydreams n Babychloe!

I am just wondering cos i got a weird feeling at my lower abdominal. Like pulling or constipation kinda feeling, dunno if this is normal.

Serene, i feel that it is a blessing to be able to conceive and have kids. Hope you have a good talk with your husband, mutual support is very impt in times like this i feel.

Btw, roughly how old is Dr. Woo?

And do you mummies know if we are able to travel during our 1st trimester? I have an upcoming trip in April and I thought mb I can visit a gynae and seek their advise as well.

BabyChloe, sorry what does TLC mean?

Thanks serene n bb Chloe for correcting me. I really thot it wasn't.

Flower, u dun think too much ok? For my number one, another mummy w almost same edd as me also told me gynae told her her bb v small n be mentally prepared, I asked her how many mm, she said four... I told her mine was three mm nia, n my gynae said everything looks great! Anyway, she changed that gynae n both our bbs are born healthy n good size. So u just rest well n dun think too much ya? Jia you!

Skysim, I have the same weird feel too, I asked gyn, he said its expansion of uterus...

Skysim: same here. I need to go on a biz trip in early April. I also have booked my holiday in end may.. I will ask my gynae abt the April trip. With my #1, I travelled to TW at 28 weeksand still hhad lots of fun.

I keep hvg diarrhoea.. Like once a day instead of constipation.

Thanks Littlefren!

Being 1st time preg, i'm feeling quite lost and worried in every little discomfort.

Hopefully all goes well and smooth for all of us!
happy.gif

Sky sim, TLC is the clinic name where it's d initial of all the 3 gynaes in the clinic. Dr Paul Tseng (T), dr Phyllis liew (L) if I m not wrong n Dr Eunice Chua (C)

hi mummies.. anyone started on maternal milk? for #1, i bought Amnum which tasted quite ok. Last week i bought Nan Mum to try since it's a small packet. OMG! it was the worst maternal milk i ever had. took a few sips and wanted to puke, poured the rest away. tink gonna waste the whole packet of milk powder already. so hungry now, pestered my reluctant hubby to go tabao prata for me. He offered to tabao earlier but i rejected coz i tot i could take the milk, who knows it's so bad. now he sian 1/2 gotta go out and buy food.

Hi skysim, regarding traveling in first trimester.... I checked w my gynae cos I was supposed to fly last week to bangkok. He said flying does not increase risk of mc but it's v troublesome if u mc overseas since bb is not stable in first tri. So I had to postpone my flight n plan to go during second tri. But also Heng I heed his advice, cos I saw red on the day I was suppose to fly off! N Heng now everything seems ok n so far so good. So, good to check w your gyn, n I think in apr is almost the end of first tri right?

Bluberri, I will be drinking fresh milk only, no maternal milk for me.... I think some mummies asked about which fresh milk. I rem my #1 time, some mummies pointed out the HL is fr milk powder, better to get those that r not. But anyway, I'm on Meiji, magnolia n farmhouse.
happy.gif

Good morning mummies, I will also be taking fresh milk only. For my last preg I only took yoghurt cos can't take milk... For this one I will take magnolia, Meiji n farmhouse like little fren
happy.gif
... Those maternal milk are v high in sugar n put on lots of weight.... So m trying to avoid...

Babychole: book CL now? Or shld I wait till pass the 1st trimester? Now also dunno baby stable or not.. I have a contact but I dun dare to call so early. Anyone of u booked already?

Hi mummies!

Bluberi, i've started on maternal milk. Both previous & current pregnancy im taking anmum (if im not wrong) coz they hv choc flavour (i dont drink white milk)

Anyway, seems that most mummies are private patient having their own gynae. Anyone on subsidized? Or anyone will be delivering @ NUH?

Littlefren, i'm avoiding cold drinks if possible.. fresh milk are cold leh. though i took it during #1 last trimester. i like Meiji fresh milk.

KS Lover. Yup, Anmum have choco flavour for the maternal milk. But i'm ok with vanilla flavour as long as it's not yucky like Nan Mum.

Bluberri, I avoided maternal milk for same reason as bb Chloe, I usu pour a cup n leave on table n drink later so that it's not so cold. But everyone has their preference ;) all milk are good for mummy n bb ;)

Hi mummies,
i jusr tested positive this morning at DPO10. i am 4w now. this is my number 2. number 1 is 3yrs+
i am still think which hospital i wan to give birth b4 choosing the gynae.
anyone knows whether the wards in mt alvernia is renovated?
anyone choosing mt alvernia? any good gynaes to recommend?

Hi Kayliz,
u can book now.. good CLs get booked very fast.
so u better book now.

Yunzz: okie i call the CL later. Hope she dont ask me to call her back 2 months later. Haha..

I delivered my #1 at Mt A in 2010 and will be going back there. I dunno which ward was renovated though.
But my advise is if u wanna choose Mt A, opt for 1 bedded. The 2-bedded at Mt A is more cramped than TMC. I stayed in both hospitals before.

I got a 2-bedded last time and my bed was near the door, it create a lot of disturbance when ppl walk in and out.

If me and my neighbour's curtains are closed, her visitors will surely pry open mine to see first because they dont know who is at which bed.
And that time, my neighbour had issues with breastfeeding, her baby cried whole night and nurses walked in and out to assist her..
she used the hospital grade pump to express whole night and i couldnt sleep.. of cos i understand her situation so i dont blame her.. but for me, if i have the budget, i will get one-bedded to avoid being disturbed or who knows, it could be me having problems and disturbing others.

Hi ladies, I'm at wk 6, have been reading quietly , didn't dare to comment, as I was worried if this preg will be smooth. Had a bad experience the previous time.
In a very paranoid state now! Saw a cockcroch yest n reached out for baygon immediately n spray like mad... Then I realized I shld not be using pesticide ! The readings online are scaring me! Anyone has idea if its safe? I wasn't in the room for more than 3 mins
sad.gif

Hi Kayliz,
ya i will take the 1bedder at mr a.
it must haf been a really bad stay for u at mt a.
so this time, will u be going back to mt a?

Hi Rian,
Dun wori too much.
I tink u should be fine.
our baby is not really form yet at 6wks.
some people dun even know they are pregnant until 10weeks.
i also had a bad experience in dec, so panaroid now.

My gynae clinic just called me to confirm my appt nxt tues... then i asked the nurse is it too early or should i wait till i can see heartbeat??
She said heartbeat not so soon, just go to make sure the pregnancy is in the uterus. So excited and worried at the same time.

Back