(2013/09) September 2013

Hi candy, DS scan is down syndrome scan, I chose not to take blood as I am still young, so just went for a basic one. It went well, just to set our mind at ease and plus it was fun to see baby wriggling around for almost half an hour haha.

Anne Raj, bf baby is tough... Too little milk it becomes impossible. Too much milk, baby will be fussy due to engorgement, and only can pump milk. My friends advise don't pump if you have tendency to have too much milk. Or it will stimulate oversupply. Best to pump if your supply is on the lower side. I was lucky to provide just enough for baby. Beginning latch on every 2 hours.... Growth spurt baby feed for 1 whole hour!!! But mine is a naturally fussy boy who won't take frozen milk, and only small amounts of expressed milk... Only latching on will satisfy him... He knows all about good life

bearie: have you chosen any hospital to deliver?
qiqi: Coz Dr. Ang is the nearest to my house. I don' t want to go so far to see a gynea. Where did you deliver for your 1st one?

viiv: How often should be the check up? I went for my first one on 7th Feb. Dr asked me to go on 7th March.... and together with OSCAR, if i want. Is that so infrequent?

Joyce, my first check was on 8th Feb, second check is 2 weeks later on 21st Feb. I'm guessing that my gynae wants me to go at shorter interval as I reported dark brown spotting on night of 7th Feb. However I understand that for most gynae packages starting from week 12 onwards, the interval will be every 4 weeks from week 12 till 28. So don't worry too much about your appointment interval as I believe our doctors will advise us accordingly.

Hi emmie, sorry to hear that. Hope you have a good recovery and prepare your body well for the next pregnancy. All the best.

Hi not superwoman, I really hope my MS can get better, but it seems to be getting worst. Frequency of throwing up is more now.
sad.gif

I'm also doing my Oscar scan this week. I chose the non invasive method - NT scan and blood test. Think all private clinic will check which method of test we like. My sis gave birth at KKH, was not given and choice and was told to do Oscar scan only. (She did NT scan and blood test too)

Hi Joyce, gynae visit interval is about 3-4wks. Don't worry.
happy.gif

anne nope i staying in the west.

sorry to hear that emmie. please take lotsa care.

joyce, my girl is 13 months old now. so it wasn't too long ago. I always have to wait at least half to one hour at his clinic even with appointment. he takes up too many cases in a month i find.. so he can hardly remember all his patients, unless you have more 'preggy problems'. lack of personal touch for first pregnancy. he's good with stitching though! i'm now with another equally reputable gynae at marsiling.

thanks ladies. more or less accepted the news. but the sian thing is I still experience some MS and tastebuds still weird. Going to order confinement food for the 7 days after to bu. Still need my strength for my 2 sons.
happy.gif

have a good day all
happy.gif

hi emmie, sorry to hear that, please recover well with tonics and stay strong. Rest well!

hi candy, thanks for the info..will ask when i passed the Oscar test in Mar.. is it too late?

Hi Ann, same here. i hope its only 3 months for MS and end soon. no mood for work, so lethargic. every morning vomits gastric juice w/o fail.

Joyce..my appt also 3 weeks.. so its normal ya. take good care of youro body, rest, rest rest and hydrate well.

bearie yes it is ok to take chicken essence but do not take those with herbs like ginseng. just plain chicken essence. i took it everyday for my 1st pregnancy. for this pregnancy i ask helper to self brew instead. very yummy. but i take once a week

Tangerine,

I also tried the homemade one... very yummy!!! Love it!!!

Bearie, i think plain chicken essence would be safer... don't take those with dang gui

Dear all,

I delievered my baby on Jan 2013 and I had stop breastfeeding due to low supply and due to busy with my #1. I would like to selling away following items. All my breast pump was pretty new as i hardly use it. Please pm me here or call me at 93622319 if you are interested. Thanks

1)Ameda Lactaline Dual Breast Pump (with warranty)
2)Pumpin pal set included:
Premium Breast Pumping Flanges (super shields -M size)
Hand-free Breast Pumping Strap
Air Dry Accessory Bag
3)Avent Manual Breast Pump - SCF 330 (with warranty)
4)Avent Per-sterilized Cup 5pcs & Cup Cover 5pcs (brand new)
5)Avent Ultra Comforatable Breast Shells (hardly use)
6)Pigeon Sillicon Nipple (brand new)
7)Lansinoh 25 pcs milk storage bags (Brand New)
8)Sacred Tea for Nursing Mother 1pack (brand new)
9)Lemongrass Confinement Shower Gel 1lite (brand new)
10) RPR Dry Shampoo Powder Spray (brand new)
11) Pureen Sterilising Tablets 56 (brand new)

ok noted! thanks!!

been feeling soo tired. hope chicken essence helps.

i have also heard friends saying it is "heaty" therefore cannot take too much too. else might cause piles as piles is already common prob in pregnancy. so cannot take too heaty.

yup i have seen online pple making their own essence of chicken. looks interesting.

i've been eating alot. in week 9 now. i just had udon for lunch, old chang kee octopus wing & chocolate milk tea from gong cha right after lunch. feel like munching again! totally different from my first pregnancy!

Bearie>> Generally, the younger the couple, the lower the chances of the bb having DS. So generally, the younger the couple, the more likely your OSCAR test results are ok. But again, this is just in general. There are cases whereby both husband and wife are young, but OSCAR suggests that bb is at high risk of having DS.

qiqi .. can take milk tea meh? my gynae told me no coffee and tea for first 3 months.. so following strictly..

yeah Candy!! healthy most important! im still contemplating to go to the Congress lol...
happy.gif

Twentyseven>> Yes, it's ok to take tea. My gynae advised that if we're taking coffee, we should limit to one cup a day. Since tea has less caffeine than coffee, I guess about 2 cups is also fine.

But TCM practitioners say that pregnant women should avoid tea during pregnancy as it is cooling and supposedly not good for the womb.

I think ultimately it depends on your comfort level. For all my pregnancies, I never avoided coffee or tea. I just took them in moderation. I also took cold drinks all the time (something which TCM says cannot), but my first 2 pregnancies were both fine.

Oh okok. Understand the link between young and Oscar test. Haha!

Ya I also sometimes take lemon tea bubble tea. I think everything in moderation is ok.

Do u ladies take banana? My mum days those del monte bananas are supposed to be 'cold'

But I have read that bananas are good for pregnancy. Sometimes really confused.

Berie, take banana in moderation. If u want, buy those short bananas.
Mummies who are going for baby fair at expo, pls be extra careful. Natas fair is there too, sure very crowded

>> qiqi & 27, I thought can't drink tea or coffee through out the enter preg period? My gynea told me that i can still drink soft drinks (like coke) in first 3 months. But I have already cut off. currently i only drink milk, milo, soya milk and fruit juice.

>> bearie, i heard that not to take much banana during last stage, as it contains high sugar and the baby may grow to big...

>> Viiv & Ann & 27, thanks for the explaining. thinking to pop in clinic after work.

>> qiqi, which gynea are you currently with?

Hi Joyce, the western websites say that bananas are good bcos high in fibre, potassium and vitamins. But if scared too cooling, just eat a little... Share with someone else? Or like me chop it up and put in freezer, eat only a bit at a time. Tomatoes are similar to banana in nutrients. Can try. They say potassium rich food will help make MS better. Tomato juice helped me a lot.

I think my MS officially over *yay*. Just only indigestion left and acid feeling if hungry. Just waiting for my meat aversion to go off. 5 wks without chicken or pork is really a record for me.

Wow not superwoman, you can feel bb kick so fast?
My MS still refuses to go off. Threw up a few times today. Appetite slightly better. I took banana today, although mil says too cool. But after having 2 bananas I felt better and can eat half plate of char kway teow today. Haha.

Going for my NT scan tmr, feeling excited yet scared coz got blood test. Don't like blood test.
sad.gif

Hehe ok! Cos I love bananas!! I take alot if kiwis too. Some say its similar to pineapples, but some websites says kiwis are great for pregnancy.

Wow not superwoman, how many weeks u at now? So fast can feel bb kick???

Hi ladies! I think key word is moderation. Everything also can eat but just in moderation lor! I have been sipping coke, drinking bubble tea, eating bananas (those small ones).

Esp now during MS period.. Anything that u feel like eating justeat! BEcareful of raw food and uncooked eggs though
happy.gif

yep! can eat everything.. but in moderation. i only drink tea once a week :p not a caffeine-person. i don't take coffee nor coke nor rootbeer. just refrain from raw food and uncooked eggs in first trimester. from second trimester onwards i had lots of salmon sashimi so my breastmilk was full of goodness lol!

Joyce> Dr Kenneth Edward Lee at Mt Alvernia. He has evening clinics at Marsiling, opposite Marsiling MRT
happy.gif
Good for me cos I don't have to take mc/leave for check-ups.

anastasia, i took sips of green tea.. i missed my honey green bubble tea.. if so,i shall take some too!
happy.gif
) thanks! btw, i been drinking cold drinks too.. usually not a hot drink person..

not superwoman, so fast! i hope we all get to feel it soon too!!!
happy.gif
)

my mum dont allow me to drink orange juice.. happen to any of u ?

my craving for guava is so strong i ate almost everyday...
happy.gif

Twentyseven>> Haha, you can go and drink your bubble tea now! I love bubble tea too, but sadly, I have to control my intake of all sweet drinks. Cos I had gestational diabetes (GD) during my 1st pregnancy..in order not to get it again, really need to control my diet. I was free from GD during my 2nd pregnancy so I hope this 3rd one will be too. The problem is now the only beverage that fills the stomach that I can take now is milo. For my 2nd pregnancy, I was ok with fresh milk, but for this one, I don't like fresh milk..and milo got quite alot of sugar. Hope once my MS passes, I'm able to take fresh milk again.

Guava is a good fruit. It's high in vitamin c and fibre, and low in glycemic index (for those concerned about diabetes, we should basically eat food that is low in glycemic index cos our blood sugars won't be elevated so much after eating that food)

Hi gals, i'm back in the office today. went for my oscar test ytd. it consists of the NT scan and blood test. for the NT scan, it's the same as the ultrasound scan that we usually have during our gynae appt. just that for NT scan, it takes a little bit longer cos the baby needs to be in the right position in order to measure the fluid behind his neck. i can also see his legs and arms, and head and stomach. it's so amazing. and my baby was waving at me and he keeps wriggling around. that moment was magical. i had tears in my eyes.

from the scan, it seems that i'm in the low risk of DS. but need to wait for the blood test results in order to better determine my risk.

i didnt really control the things i eat. i just avoided raw food. i still take chinese tea, cold drinks etc. i guess the key word is really "in moderation".

i think we must not be overly paranoid. just stay positive and the baby will grow well.

i'm also thinking of gg for the expo and congress.

oh btw, i signed up for the First Born Incentive ytd at TMC. got a 5% discount for my oscar test package. usual price is $480 for the oscar test @ week 12 and the detailed scan @ week 20.

i also signed up for the maternity package with Dr Benjamin Tham. package price is $650.

Hi twentyseven, just don't drink orange juice in front of her loh... If you can tolerate acidic food without gastric there is no reason. Just be sensible about the amount too.

Bearie, this is my second pregnancy and I amquite thin so can feel baby moving at 12 wks+. Last time felt it from 15-16 weeks but thought it was gas.

During oscar scan, the sonographer press quite hard and baby moved... Can see and feel it at the same time. Feels like gas but more ticklish hehe.

Emmie, so sad to hear that
sad.gif
Please take care!

---
Breastfeeding, the most important is to always latch because supply = demand. Drink lots of water, milk, soups will help.

For my #2, I have a very unbalance supply becoz left breast can produce only 1/2 the right breast when I pump. The reason is during the first month I latch more on my right breast becoz one LC told me to only switch breast after 3 hourly so that baby will get most hindmilk, where my baby usually latch only less than 5 minutes but more frequent so during that 3 hours I latch only 1 breast in the end she full already and I neglect the other breast..

I think I will not do that and will keep switching or limit until 30-40 minutes can latch same breast after that need to change already.

Another thing is I fully latch during my first 2 months and I like to go out with baby. When go out baby is carried = sleeping, then in the end my breast got engorge! Lesson learnt, must always pump before going out. Especially to get better supply and to avoid blocked duct/ milk blister.

Now my supply already reduced until become 1/3 that I usually have becoz of pregnancy
sad.gif
But luckily my baby can take any kinds of milk and willing to take
happy.gif
. Becoz I have tried samples: mamil gold and enfapro is ok. Next will be friso and similac. heheheh..

I think baby is growing very well becoz I have quite a bad MS at night..
And I really had a feeling that this baby is a snake boy.

im very sleepy too!!! this morning again woke up at 4am and slept at 6am. then 7am gotta wake for work. now so sleepy!!!

me too! I woke up at 4am coz my heart was thumping like crazy & I couldn't get back to slp. Now can't keep my eyes open...zzzzzzzzzz

Back