(2013/08) August 2013

happy new year all!

i can't sleep after rolling in bed for nearly 1 hr so got up to write this! sigh! hope its not the beginning of more sleepless nights! haha

Hi all! FTM here too.. Only in my 5th week and my hubby and I are quite at a loss of what to do and what to expect. Haha. My tummy feels weird and I get some cramps / tugging feel sometimes. Is that normal? Appetite wise I'm good and eating well for now but very very lethargic. It's like I spent the last few days just eating and sleeping!

Tomato, so coincidental! My 1st time with Dr June Tan at KKH as my previous gynae left n only delivers at tmc where I don't like. My 1st appt with her is only on 8 Jan. She seems popular. Currently I m seeing my previous gynae Dr SF Loh at tmc.

Amanda, congrats! Some cramping in the begining is normal, as ur uterus starts to adjust for baby.. But if it gets worse or always in a same position etc, do go see a dr..

For now, start taking folic acid and ur vitamins, and drink lots of water.

chocpockie > haha my previous gynae retired liao.. so sourcing for another female gynae. i know SF loh, she is v famous too. let me know how is she aft u meet her ya. my first appt is on 15 jan.

<table border=1><tr><td></TD><TD>Nick Name in SMH forum</TD><TD>EDD</TD><TD>Gynae</TD><TD>Expecting Child</TD><TD>Hospital to deliver baby </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>1</TD><TD>tomato10</TD><TD>26-Aug-13</TD><TD>June Tan</TD><TD>#2</TD><TD>KKH </TD></TR><TR><TD>2</TD><TD>diorly</TD><TD>15-Aug-13</TD><TD>Jocelyn Wong</TD><TD>#2</TD><TD>Thomson Medical </TD></TR><TR><TD>3</TD><TD>Monmav</TD><TD>18-Aug-13</TD><TD>KW Lee clinic</TD><TD>#2</TD><TD>Gleneagles Hospital </TD></TR><TR><TD>4</TD><TD>ttcing</TD><TD>20-Aug-13</TD><TD>Dr Henry Cheng</TD><TD>#1</TD><TD>Mount A Hospital </TD></TR><TR><TD>5</TD><TD>Bam</TD><TD>7-Aug-13</TD><TD>Lawrence Ang</TD><TD>#2</TD><TD>Thomson Medical </TD></TR><TR><TD>6</TD><TD>Mag (magwonder)</TD><TD>5-Aug-13</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>#2</TD><TD>KKH </TD></TR><TR><TD>7</TD><TD>Qin83</TD><TD>26-Aug-13</TD><TD>Dr Mariam</TD><TD>#2</TD><TD>KKH </TD></TR><TR><TD>8</TD><TD>sheepysheeps</TD><TD>8-Aug-13</TD><TD>Dr Kenneth Edward Lee</TD><TD>#2</TD><TD>Mount A Hospital </TD></TR><TR><TD>9</TD><TD>Usha RajKumar (usha_rk)</TD><TD>4-Aug-13</TD><TD>Dr. Khoo</TD><TD>#1</TD><TD>KKH </TD></TR><TR><TD>10</TD><TD>bb_hopeful</TD><TD>7-Aug-13</TD><TD>Vincent Lee</TD><TD>#2</TD><TD>Mount A Hospital </TD></TR><TR><TD>11</TD><TD>bear bear</TD><TD>24-Aug-13</TD><TD>Dr Fong Yang</TD><TD>#2</TD><TD>Mount A Hospital </TD></TR><TR><TD>12</TD><TD>Annpaul</TD><TD>8-Aug-13</TD><TD>Dr Tan Kim Teng</TD><TD>#1</TD><TD>KKH </TD></TR><TR><TD>13</TD><TD>Chocpockie</TD><TD>13-Aug-13</TD><TD>Dr June Tan</TD><TD>#3</TD><TD>KKH </TD></TR><TR><TD>14</TD><TD>soulffle</TD><TD>4-Aug-13</TD><TD>Dr Adrian Tan</TD><TD>#1</TD><TD>Thomson Medical </TD></TR><TR><TD>15</TD><TD>Babys</TD><TD>15-Aug-13</TD><TD>Dr Ben Choey</TD><TD>#2</TD><TD>Mount A Hospital </TD></TR><TR><TD>16</TD><TD>Yippeeapple</TD><TD>30-Aug-13</TD><TD>Dr John Tee</TD><TD>#2</TD><TD>KKH </TD></TR><TR><TD></td></tr></table>

we have so many second time mummies here!!

gals, can i check with you, at which week did you manage to see bb's heartbeat? i went to another gynae last fri, can't see at all, not even the sac.. keep my fingers closed..

tomato,
SF Loh is male gynae, from KKH to TMC. not bad but can be a bit blunt soetimes.
for #1, i saw heartbeat at abt 8 wks

tomato,
cant remember for my previous. but this round, saw the flickerin at 6wks2days. hopefully tmr 2nd apt stil able to c.... pray hard....

sheepysheeps
both my gals slp in queen in their room. but i cmpy them til they slp at nite. but #2 (22mths) almost nitely will come to our room in the middle of the nite if neither me or hubby faster walk over to their bed when she start cryin.... then she will slp with us til the nxt mornin... #1 (4.5yrs old) will occassionally do so too..... but she older n can take instruction to go back to her bed n slp with either parent cmpy... so i predict... most likely is 1man show for the nite with the infant by 2am in future... omg...

Tomato,

I went to see gynae last week &amp; is able to see de sac... Now I m in week 6, think shd be de same as yours.
Think for bb's heartbeat, it shd be more visible by week 7

Hi there i just found out an pregnant a month ago, so should be about 7 weeks to date but not sure abt my EDD date. Should be August. My son is one yr old and this is my number two. Anyone else 7 weeks too? I'm just constantly coping with nausea
sad.gif

Tomato, will def update u after my appt wif June Tan. Btw, how many weeks are u now? Sac should be visible at 4 or 5weeks unless there is a miscalculation of date. Heartbeat will be later like at 7 weeks there about.

Von, I m at 7 weeks too and also coping hard with the nausea n bloatedness. Hungry or too full also can't. Have to eat almost every 3 hours, like a nb who has to drink milk 3 hourly. :-(

Poky,

Oh... they slp double bed. I do hv a single bed in her room. Planning to put no 2 in cot in same room from day 1. Just not sure if no 1 will wake up with the cries.

On a sidenote, anyone craving cold flavoured drinks all day lon i keep craving for these and it doea helps with the puking. But am worried lei, not supposed to take cold things right? Anyone same?

Choc, sounds bad too like me
sad.gif
(( I read the above threads that progesterone pills may cause nausea so I'm gonna stop it even tho I was prescribed with it to prevent miscarriage.. Gonna discuss this with the gynae too. R u taking the pills too???

Sheepy- I just take them. Took them for number one too and also no issues, only coke an lychee syrup helps me now w the puking. My only concern is weight;( I've gained two kg from all e drinking le but my only comfort is we can lose these after delivery. I lost 24kg since delivery of my first son, hope it will be the same

chocpockie,
me too! eating on timetable, now trying to eat less for each meal so dat total intake for the whole day is not horrendous. i was very hungry all the time for #1, put on 20kg by the time i went for delivery
sad.gif

Happy new year to all!
happy.gif
I'm also coping with all the nausea and I can't stomach all those meaty stuff..having craving for orange and orange juice only..Any mummies experiencing the same craving..

Von: so the pills cause the nausea? I'm about to finish the course. Hopefully it get better..

Von, it was worse for me when I m on those pills. Felt so demoralized then. Then I told my gynae and he said since I no more brown discharge, can stop taking them. Now felt better though still have some nausea now and then.

Juju, the problem is I can't put on weight too much cos my previous 2 pregnancies I had GD. I oredi put on 1 kg. I oso drank cold drinks to help curb my nausea. Got once I bought a small bottle cold green tea to drink over a feel days. Scared too cooling for body.

Tomato: I managed to see the sac and heartbeat last week at my 6w3d. Yours is still too early to see, so dun worry ok? Some ladies can only see their babies' heartbeat at 7-8 weeks.

Von: I m at my 7 weeks today and have been feeling lousy since last week. Nose is especially sensitive to certain smells like pork and seafood. Will feel like puking but didn't. Constant slight headache. Been taking dried sour plums and ribena which helped to ease the nausea a bit.

chocpockie,
shld be ok bah? i've been having cold coffee, Coke, any cold drinks, during meal times cos the weather is so warm. the only warm stuff i drink r herbal tea and plain water. im a notti mummy

Chocpokie: i think its ok to drink cold stuff. I usually only drink cold stuff. Now ask me drink warm things, it just tastes wird. I drank cold water all the way during my 1st pregnancy and my daughter is as healthy as can be..

thanks ladies for reassuring.. hope i can see bb's heartbeat in my next appt.

Cold drink: i was v diligent for my first pregnancy, i didn't take cold drink at all and skip all soft drinks. haha. this time round not so strict alr..

<table border=1><tr><td></TD><TD>Nick Name in SMH forum</TD><TD>EDD</TD><TD>Gynae</TD><TD>Expecting Child</TD><TD>Hospital to deliver baby </TD></TR><TR><TD>1</TD><TD>Poky</TD><TD>2-Aug-13</TD><TD>caroline khi</TD><TD>#3</TD><TD>Thomson Medical </TD></TR><TR><TD>2</TD><TD>Usha RajKumar (usha_rk)</TD><TD>4-Aug-13</TD><TD>Dr. Khoo</TD><TD>#1</TD><TD>KKH </TD></TR><TR><TD>3</TD><TD>soulffle</TD><TD>4-Aug-13</TD><TD>Dr Adrian Tan</TD><TD>#1</TD><TD>Thomson Medical </TD></TR><TR><TD>4</TD><TD>Mag (magwonder)</TD><TD>5-Aug-13</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>#2</TD><TD>KKH </TD></TR><TR><TD>5</TD><TD>Bam</TD><TD>7-Aug-13</TD><TD>Lawrence Ang</TD><TD>#2</TD><TD>Thomson Medical </TD></TR><TR><TD>6</TD><TD>bb_hopeful</TD><TD>7-Aug-13</TD><TD>Vincent Lee</TD><TD>#2</TD><TD>Mount A Hospital </TD></TR><TR><TD>7</TD><TD>sheepysheeps</TD><TD>8-Aug-13</TD><TD>Dr Kenneth Edward Lee</TD><TD>#2</TD><TD>Mount A Hospital </TD></TR><TR><TD>8</TD><TD>Annpaul</TD><TD>8-Aug-13</TD><TD>Dr Tan Kim Teng</TD><TD>#1</TD><TD>KKH </TD></TR><TR><TD>9</TD><TD>Chocpockie</TD><TD>13-Aug-13</TD><TD>Dr June Tan</TD><TD>#3</TD><TD>KKH </TD></TR><TR><TD>10</TD><TD>diorly</TD><TD>15-Aug-13</TD><TD>Jocelyn Wong</TD><TD>#2</TD><TD>Thomson Medical </TD></TR><TR><TD>11</TD><TD>Babys</TD><TD>15-Aug-13</TD><TD>Dr Ben Choey</TD><TD>#2</TD><TD>Mount A Hospital </TD></TR><TR><TD>12</TD><TD>Monmav</TD><TD>18-Aug-13</TD><TD>KW Lee clinic</TD><TD>#2</TD><TD>Gleneagles Hospital </TD></TR><TR><TD>13</TD><TD>ttcing</TD><TD>20-Aug-13</TD><TD>Dr Henry Cheng</TD><TD>#1</TD><TD>Mount A Hospital </TD></TR><TR><TD>14</TD><TD>Von</TD><TD>20-Aug-13</TD><TD>Dr Kenneth Edward Lee</TD><TD>#2</TD><TD>Mount A Hospital </TD></TR><TR><TD>15</TD><TD>bear bear</TD><TD>24-Aug-13</TD><TD>Dr Fong Yang</TD><TD>#2</TD><TD>Mount A Hospital </TD></TR><TR><TD>16</TD><TD>tomato10</TD><TD>26-Aug-13</TD><TD>June Tan</TD><TD>#2</TD><TD>KKH </TD></TR><TR><TD>17</TD><TD>Qin83</TD><TD>26-Aug-13</TD><TD>Dr Mariam</TD><TD>#2</TD><TD>KKH </TD></TR><TR><TD>18</TD><TD>Yippeeapple</TD><TD>30-Aug-13</TD><TD>Dr John Tee</TD><TD>#2</TD><TD>KKH </TD></TR><TR><TD></td></tr></table>

i am soooo blur. suppose to start first day of sch on 2jan and i thought it is on 3rd jan. now wake up to pack my daugther's sch bag..

Sigh. Was down whole of yesterday. Still had good appetite for lunch and ate a lot. Next thing I know, after a nap I started feeling really giddy and vomited every single thing I ate. Couldn't even drink water!! The most I could do was to moist my lips n mouth a little. What a great start to the new year. Felt really depressed yesterday and just wanted to cry. Hubby was shocked and didn't know what to do either. We're going to see the gynae again soon to check with him. Feel so bad that I'm going to miss the first day of work after a long holiday break!

Anyway I just did my ultrasound on 30 dec when I was at exactly 5 weeks and could see the sac. Doc asked me to go back on 12 jan to check for heartbeat.

Good morning Ladies.. Hope everyone had a good new year's day..

Tomato: i have pm-ed you.. See if you have received it. Thank you for adding me up to your list.

soulffle: yeayy ur my delivery buddy i guess.. Lets look forward to our edd together. =D

sheepysheeps (sheepysheeps): Me too.. I cannot drink milk or plain water. I'll make my morning sickness bad so i drink tons of sweet carbonated drink everyday. Usually i'll buy a big gulp in the morning and keep it till the end of the day at work. It helps a lot! But at the same time i worry of GD cause my family history is very strong for diabetics.

I met my gynae last Saturday. Really loved my first appointment with my gynae. He was really friendly, patient and very helpful. He has all my appointments till march scheduled. I have my blood tests and the down syndrome tests scheduled on the 21st Jan(12weeks). He mentioned i just need to do the scan for the down syndrome and need not do the blood tests since im below 30. I prefer my doctor cause he's direct and he mentioned its better to save money from unnecessary tests and he'll only do them unless required. he has even prescribed meds that needs to be taken from week 13 onwards.

I am really glad to be into my 9 weeks now. Suffered week 7 in severe morning sickness until had to be hospitalized for observation for dehydration. I am so allergic to dairy products. IT makes my morning sickness worst! so no milk for now.. Vomiting has stopped completely and just left with nausea which only comes when im hungry. So I'll quickly eat every 3 hours to fight off the nausea.

How is everyone else keeping and coping...

Usha, wah ur morning sickness to bad ah.. U got something in common with kate middleton ah.. Hee.. Hope u r feeling better.

BabyS (babys): Hahah but didn't had to be hospitalized for days like Kate. My sister-in law was worst. Had to be hospitalized for 5 days for her morning sickness and was on Hospitalization leave for 3 weeks so that she can have a good rest.. At least i was lucky only 8 hours of observation with drips and i force them to discharge me..

Happy 2013 everybody!!! =)

going for 1st gynae appt tmr! hopefully all swee sweee..

btw does your tummy feels bit hard?
altho i always have a tummy, but dun rem it feeling that way.. usually is soft and wobbly haha..

Haha thanks ladies your stories made me feel a little less miserable. Yest my gynae also suggested that I go Tmc for drip in case dehydrate. Now drinking some milo koso and hoping I won't vomit! And yes I realised that I prob can't take milk too. Soft chewy sweets seemed to help so I'm getting hubby to help me buy Ribena sweets to help replenish some sugar. Any other ways to reduce the morning sickness??

Angelic, my tummy feels weird all the time! I think still wobbly w fats la, and not hard yet but it's like I can no longer sleep on my sides curled up, cos will feel that tummy is compressed and hence very uncomfortable. All the best for your first gynae visit!

Angelic^SouL (subangel): You'll enjoy ur visit visit.. Haf fun... =D

Amanda (avuvia): chewy sweets.. now you got me craving.. =D

I was down yesterday, too. So depressing. Thought all wasn't too bad, went out to have lunch but before we reach, suddenly had a hunger pang like 2hrs from my last meal (felt the gastric juice gushing into my stomach). Next thing I knew, I had to run to the toilet. And then I had jelly feet. And ta-pao the fried rice home, and before we could leave, ran to the toilet again. and again!

Afternoon, slept half of it off... and the other half, eating / vomiting, eating/vomiting... this morning still feel jelly feet... Would've asked for MC if today's not the first working day of the year! Already had 2 breakfast this morning, and still snacking away. Tummy popped out 2 weeks ago but is wobbly with fats/water.

I told my hubby, I am so depressed. I think after yesterday, he finally realised how stressed and depressed I am. Usually he tease me, so good life, drink horlicks on the bed, watch tv on the bed, blah blah blah. Yesterday he saw me go green with the runs and vomits....

Amanda &amp; frogprincess: Same here, yesterday afternoon also had a good appetite, down too much dim sum and after a nap, vomit and feeling giddy for the whole night..can't sleep well either....and this morning still feel as bad...don't feel like going work...

Hi bearbear, my son attend hougang pri. How abt urs? This morning brought him to sch, attended e sch talk, managed to see him at recess time, went to his classroom. His sch assigned p3 students to help p1 students to buy food during recess time. I can see tat he is adapting quite well in his sch
happy.gif
later will b going bk to his sch n follow him to e student care. How time flies.. It was like yesterday tat my boi was just a baby. N nw he is already in pri sch.. I was almost on tears when my hub n i saw him carry his bag n walk to e hall tis morning..

Gynae just gave me 7 days hospitalisation mc to rest at home. A bit overkill but I shall not speak too soon. He said to drink sugary drinks and suggested even coke and 100plus cos water may worsen the nausea. Ribena is working well so far... N take small meals, no milk, spicy n oily stuffs.

Amanda- yes coke helps me!!!!

Monmave- I duno mans abt the pills but it seems to help alittle after I stopped! But also worry miscarry coz miscarried before.

Choc- ya!' So I stopped the pills hoping it will help!!!
sad.gif

Yeah, I stopped the pills too. And have been taking the anti-nausea pills. But seem that the MS has worsen, so not much help. Just threw up my lunch. I lost 1kg so far!

Angelic: my tummy is bloated too.. Top half above belly button is bloated, like how i was during week 16 of my first pregnancy.. Lower half of tummy, below belly button is getting bigger and firmer too, but top half of tummy is bigger than lower half. Weird hor..

I started wearing maternity pants since last week. Cannot wear my normal pants liao. I sit down, cannot breathe..

haha babyS, we r experiencing the same thing.. i also find it weird.. when will this bloated feeling goes off huh.. super gao wei lehh >.<~

me also cant fit into my skirt, shorts soon! even wear dress also can see the 'bloat'...

I dont feel bloated all the time. Just that my
Tummy looks bloated all the time. I'm hungry
All the time, only after i eat, then the bloatedness hits and i regret eating that extra little bit. Hahah.

Oh, i burp alot now too, which is something i dont usually do.

Hey all, I'm in my 6 weeks and I've yet to experience MS *finger crossed* I just get tired easily especially after each meal... My food intake increase like gotta eat something every 3 - 4 hrs. Is it normal ? Btw, when will the MS step in ?

Usha: Yay!
happy.gif
I hope you're feeling better now tho. Do take care.

Amanda and ttcing: Ribena is my life saviour too! Sometimes I find I can't drink any water then I'll add ribena and I can drink half a cup at least. I find I can't drink a lot of water if not I'll feel like puking, then I start worrying about dehydration. So many worries since it's my #1!

Angelic and BabyS: I'm also bloated and so hungry suddenly at times. I can't fit into my pants, and some dresses make me look like my baby pooch is showing. The hunger just hits and I need to eat, if not I'll feel nauseous. Same like you, BabyS, bloatedness hits me immediately after I eat then I regret. I think part of my bloatedness is cos' I'm eating too much too ha ha ha.

im in kkh a&amp;e now. had fresh bleeding after brown discharge. am feeling scared i will lose the lil one. menses like symptoms r setting in too
sad.gif

So envious to those who has no ms.
My #1 yes I have ms
This #2 worst. Ms kick in early. N causes dehydration. End up in hospi on drip for 2 day 1 nite.
Come home nausea n vomiting is back. Worst now down with fever.
Can I survive thru the rest of the week ? Sob.

Back