(2013/06) June 2013

Hello mummies, just went for my gynae checkup ytd..baby is weighing at 2.24kg at 32weeks! And I have gained a whopping 14kg!
sad.gif

Alr fixed a date for my c sec..on 12june! But now is like kept e experiencing cramping at tummy area..those like period kinda pain..

Hi hanaa, thanks. Coz my Bb small size 1.7kg at 34week only. Trying to boast Bb weight to be 2kg in case pop out early.

Hi Katherine, which hospital will u be in? I might also choose 12 June for the c-sec. I'm at TMC...
happy.gif
we could be just neighbors in the ward hehe...

Hanaa, try to eat more beef and green vegs esp. spinach.. They can help increase iron level naturally... I also just did a calculation, need to probably pay 4k cash for hospital bill + doc fees (c-sec). Luckily my company covers maternity bills up to 4k for c-sec so hopefully all is covered!!!
happy.gif

jasmine - u may want to try to eat durian ..can boost baby weight....but eat moderately ....cos it is v heaty...

mummies, i hv already started to drink coconut juice from 32 weeks onwards...wat abt u?

ST, I'm now trying alot of food. Durian, steak, milk, ice cream.. Gynae say it's Bb not absorbing well but I still hope can boast her intake.

Hi momoko, I will be at mt a! Initially we wanted single room so now am thinking of changing to double room, cos the difference of $2k can use to buy other stuffs! Hehe..
Any mummies giving birth at mt a on 12jun? Maybe we can share the same room! Hahah!

Oh yah, my hubby and I are thinking of putting our baby at pcf sparkletots at punggol east or my first skool under infant care services..any reviews on that?

birdbird: my gynae told me to cut down on saltish and fried food cos my blood pressure is gg up..and he said the earlier your blood pressure shot up the earlier they need to schedule my c sec date!
sad.gif

hi all, it's monday again! visited gynae last Sat. bb is big at 2.65kg at 33 weeks. was advised to eat lesser and cut down on carbo if I want to have natural birth. was shocked coz 2 weeks ago, bb was 1.6kg. i've gained 20kg already, waddling around like a clumsy buffalo. aching limps and so frustrated by the hot weather!

feel so tired but can't stop working yet, not enough leave and reluctant to use ML. : (

Hi Katherine, I can feel my body is too heaty so I start drinking coconut juice....once a week should be fine...nearer to date ...I will drink more... (2-3X per week) ....

Katherine
My pressure is up since last mth. My previous check up gynae gave me mild blood pressure medicine to take.

Yes, blood pressure too high is not good. Mt #1 was due to high blood pressure, got blood below. Went back to let gynae check and I was told to admitted to hospital immediately for emergency c-sect. Gyane told me was due to high blood pressure than got blood not because of bb coming out.

Must take note of blood pressure and have enough sleep.

Most probably i will stop work after next week, so that i can have enough rest and to minimum movement.

ST
Wanted to rest also hard. Coz I tend to wake up in the middle of the night and have some difficulty to get back to sleep. I have already book my c-sect date on the 6 Jun. Hopefully bb can wait till that date to come out

Haha.....the nurse told me if I want my gynae to do c-sect for me, safer date will be only on or after 4 June and his day for c-sect only on tuesday or thursday, so hubby chose 6 Jun. Abit risky tho coz my edd is on 15 June.

Congrats congrats. Can still go celebrate before bb come out.

ST, no luck in getting HL. my gynae is very strict on issuing MC or HL coz so far I don't have major problems except for the backaches. but my condition improved after doing prenatal massage.

yest i think i didn't get up properly and pulled a muscle, today sharp pain when i move my left leg. don't want to waste time to go to see gynae, so most prob will go see GP later for MC.
sad.gif

Gigi Soul: I bought maternity pad from pureen last time for my first delivery but I really hate it. It gets out of shape easily and not very absorbent. Only good thing about it is it's quite soft.

This time round I bought Laurier F the premium range (packaging from Japan one) with a length of 34cm for havy night use to use as maternity pad.

I have opened one to see and the surface is very soft
happy.gif

You can give it a try. At least the shape will hold better IMO.

will be taking ML from 3/6 onwards! ahhh..still got like long way to go...tummy kept cramping and today felt so unwell that I decided to take one day off to rest at home..

Katherine - so far doc hasn't warned me about my diet. It seem each time I visit him my weight increment is 1-2kg and BP ranges between 60/90 to high of 70+/110 he doesn't seem bothered. But I heard it's common for BP to suddenly shoot up towards the end so I'll be careful too.

Gigi Soul - I bought mine from Mothercare. Like mattress type. It's very soft but no wings. Quite similar to Kotex ones IMO.

Estaefran - wow your baby must've gone through a growth spurt! As long as you and baby are healthy
happy.gif
me too, cannot tahan this hot weather kept telling my husband we can only hang out in airconditioned environment.

Kome - are you anxious now the date is drawing near? When you say 'risky' do you mean you're worried you'd go into labour before elective CS date? I don't know if baby can stay inside till almost 39wks... My EDD is 10th June and I'm thinking ELCS on 31st May. Any tips to let baby stay in the oven longer? :p

birdbird
Ya.....quite anxious but at the same time worry that bb too anxious to come out before the elective date. Haha.....i wish to know any method that can let bb stay inside me longer also. Now what i can do is to minimise my movement and take more rest whenever i can.

My initial c-sect date was also on the 31st May but the nurse told me that gynae will not be back in SG yet so i have to push to further date.

Thanks Fefe for the list..Start packing some items in over the weekend
Bb weight 2.2kg at wk 33!

Any recommendations for nursing bra?
Should we get the padded or non padded type?
Which brand n how many is enough?

I bought some sleep nursing bras from Mothercare they're quite comfy but the best ones are from Emma Jane! I got two of those they feel so stretchy and light. All the bras I bought are unpadded.. Feels more comfortable.

Katherine - better check with your doctor about those cramps. I had that one morning thankfully it went away.

My worst discomfort daily has to be my pelvic joints... Feel so weak and achy in that area like it really cannot support my weight anymore.

Hazel: sleep nursing bra (non padded) - very comfortable to wear but not suitable to wear if you want to go out ....cos if u wear T-shirt, can easily see the shape of your breast & nipples...not very nice...

Those underwired one....not recommended to wear during first few months as it can cause blocked milk ducts but I will still go for underwired one....will look more confidence when going out....at least the breast wont look sagged
sad.gif

Gigi_soul - i bought 34cm overnight ...those normal one...think it is sufficient ....u can get the 40cm one...forgot is which brand...Laurier??

Any recommendation for post natal massage?

Katherine, Kome.. Will u go for LA or GA for the c-sec?

Do we need to drink coconut water if we go for c-sec?

Today I'm feeling especially tired.. Baby keep kicking non-stop... Good sign though tht he is active.. So I shouldn't be complaining hehe.... Any remedy to backache?

Katherine: cramping maybe a sign of contractions so best you call up your gynae and enquire. At this point in time, should have that regular cramping. If they hurt, all the more to get checked.

My nursing bras also non padded but choices quite limited. Why cant they have nicer nursing bras! We already feel so down with our body already!

Momoko: I gg for GA for c sec..cos of my slip disc..

Fefe: I told my gynae abt my cramps he just say dont carry heavy stuffs and don't walk too much..I think he feels its normal? Lol..

But I'm quite worry though plus baby is moving quite vigorously! Lol

I have Mon Petit Jardin (MPJ) Nursing Poncho (bought it from pupsik studio)...it is fully covered, can use it as blanket, sun shade ...but it is too thick and baby will feel very hot and sweat while breastfeeding...

Still thinking if I should get another nursing cover (front cover only) ...

Hi everyone,

Am new here, first time posting in this forum. Glad to see the forum is much more active now as our due dates draw nearer!
happy.gif

I'll be going down to the Baby Expo this weekend.. still got some stuff like baby mattress yet to buy..

Im also getting the itch, not just on the chest but also on the abdomen area.. sigh, think its PUPPPs.. itchy and red dots that spread. Hopefully they'll clear up soon so there'll be no issues bf-ing and doing skin to skin when baby is born..

Anyone went for the strep b / swab culture test already? My result came back positive so am starting to worry..
sad.gif

Katherine: I am worse leh. Sometimes my nipples itch! So much so that I have to resist scratching them.......

Melissa: I got my swab culture test today and result is negative. Are you given any medications yet? Heard there's nothing much to worry about. Your doc would just prescribe some antibiotics to treat.

Joanne & Melissa & Fefe: yah! Exactly!! It's like superb itchy! And it peels like sunburn skin!
sad.gif

Melissa, I have PUPPP too! But it's clearing up..u can try using pinetarsol soap from unity..selling at $17.50! It is good..till now I'm still using it for my shower!

Back