(2012/11) Nov 2012

charmaine, i pm u alrdy !
happy.gif

Mine is this one.. dunno wats e model number cos I can't fetal into e webby. But it's a pretty basic one. Served me well to jus listen to e baby remotely..

7523000.jpg

Hi mummies to be, if you want a referral to Stemcord, with discounts for both you and me, please PM me.
Sorry to intrude!

I was swollen, particularly at my feet for the longest time. My water intake varies, but the swelling still persist. Gygne said no issue. My desk bound job but I tried to walk about frequently. But still the same.

nana/cloudys, this one can only hear but cant see baby ? i wan one that can hear and see baby cos she will be sleeping in my helper's room

imlind, yup gynae say nothing to worry abt..for my previous preg i was swollen from 24w onwards till birth then it start to subside 3days aft tt...i thot cannot walk too long will swell even worst ?

Porky, ya, mine only can hear. Dat time was good enuff just to be able to be alerted to bb's cries in a different room. After that when we hired a maid we installed an ip camera instead..

Hello Mummies!

I saw dr woody on Monday and he said my baby not growing well. my hubby and I was in a total shock and were lost for that 5mins. He said my baby underweight.. not big enough for his age.. then i asked if overall is actually ok and he nodded his head. scare me neh.. we then consoled ourselves that his definition of not growing well could just be the baby's size and weight bah...

my friends are telling me to take cordyceps and swear by it. any mummy taking it too?

hi mayi, im also seeing dr woody. did he explain why baby not growing well ? and what u shd do or eat ? i will be seeing him for 30w scan tmrw
happy.gif

hi cloudys, is ur baby sleeping w maid ? the ip camera can install inside maid's room ? we are thinking how to do it..or jus get a baby monitor that can view and hear baby

hi porky, he nvr explain why neh. just asked me to eat more. and i thought i am eating a lot le. hmmm... hey we are in the same stage, my baby also 30 week now.

btw, i was asked to choose 2 or 4 bedder.. i saw from the brochure that the pricing not very big difference. any advise on how to choose this?

u can try to eat ice-cream, durian, chocolate all these haha..wat is ur baby's weight now ? my last visit baby is alrdy 1.1g leh

my last preg i tk 4 bedder cos he say can get free upgrade..but i delivered on Mothers' day eve so end up all 2 bedder are full so i did not get the free upgrade..this time i choose 2 bedder jus in case too many ppl delivering on the same day..4 bedder hv to wait for toilet..2 bedder is good enuf if u scare to slp alone like me lol

Porky, ya, my maid slept in the baby's room. Now dun employ le, I resigned to be sahm. I know some ppl did mention about infringement of privacy by installing ip cam in e room. But I make sure I inform e maid on her 1st day, n dat main reason is to be able to watch e baby, n also ensures that she only changes her clothes in the toilet instead of the room.

Re: baby not growing well
I oso kenna sometimes when according to e scan, bb's estimated weight bit lower than average. Main thing is to have healthy frequent small meals, drink more milk and take ur prenatal vits. Some oso sugg durian and ice cream. Ultimately, dun stress urself too much, cos u must remember that the scan only provides an estimated weight..

cloudys, i did not inform my maid on the 1st day tt we may install a camera..so i do not knw if she will agreed on this or not. else i will install it in the living room and ask her to bring baby out every morning

Porky, I have a few installed in my house, covers most odd the living and dining area, kitchen n baby's room. Had 1 in the baby's room cos #1 was usually still asleep when I left house for work and hb yet to return from night shift..

Cos no one to really supervise e maid at home when my hb will be sleeping in e day cos he's working night shift. Other uses is for me to see bb when I'm in office, or hb n I go out to run errands without bb n maid. Can also monitor e maid when we are out..

Anterina,

U can take milk, beef n durians to beef up bb... Icecream n cake also can but unhealthy la... 2mths ago I din ctrl n ate too much of these 2.. End up edd moved fwd 2wks .. Once stop, edd back to normal! Phew!

ooh.. i'm drinking milk now everyday so i thought what else am i not eating enough.. ok i will eat more beef and DURIANS. yay i got good reason to eat durian now. was restricted to durian cos afraid of high sugar content and heaty... now at least can taste taste.. hehe..

after hearing scare stories of maids, we decided against maid and will send baby to infant care after my maternity leave...

hey sorry to interrupt.. I'm currently 31 weeks pregnant, but my gynae has not yet discussed with me about the birth plan. do I have to feel worried? when does the gynae usually ask for our preferred delivery method? I have a low-lying placenta, can it be a reason he is still quiet about the birth plan? It's my first time and I'm really confused.
sad.gif

Hi tricia,i also had low lying placenta.at 30 wks,my gynae said its fully covered n most likely that will have to c sec.but i jus check at 33wks,i had moved up.he said theres chances i could go for natural.so we will see how during next visit at 36 wk n discuss on birthing plan.

Hi everyone,
I have lotsa questions on hospital billing esp for tmc. I am choosing a 4 bedder room, for which deposit is $1508 upon admission. Medisave claimable is $1400. Wouldnt medisave be deductable? Or even if I do inccur alot more expenses that mount up to $2500. With $1508, plus $1400, which equals to $2908 is more than $2500. Does that mean I will be refunded $408?

Is this how it works? Pls enlighten me. Thanks.

Anterina: what's your baby's weight? At my last checkup at 28wks, my bb is 1.3kg. My doc told me it's a good weight.
The thing is, there are some other mummies with babies who weigh the same at 28wks and some of their docs told them it's too big/too small. So it's pretty subjective leh.

my baby was 1.2kg at 29 weeks when i saw the gynae. hmm ya guess it’s quite subjective too. depends on individual gynae's 'standard' bah..

anterina, we send our 1st child to infantcare when he is only 11weeks old..he tends to fall sick easily and got diaper rash..end up i hv to take leaves to take care of him myself. so this time we decided to get a maid to look aft our 2nd child

tricia, 31weeks still early to discuss on birth plan ? whose your gynae ? i think got to wait and monitor if placenta moves up. i got low lying placenta also..so this time will go for csec again
happy.gif

my baby weighs 1.5kg at 30weeks
now checkup change to once every 3weeks so happy ! counting down to our edd soon hehe

hi tricia,

if you're concerned, think can ask your gynae his opinion on your birth plans.
when i had my #1, i did ask earlier, but gynae also just mentioned to wait a bit later to see the many conditions..

long time since mi posted here!
happy.gif

juz had mi week 32 gynae visit todae n baby is now 2kg... last month week28 she was only 1.3kg...

gynae say she's slightly big n ask mi to eat less if mi wanna try for natural...

straylamb, wow ! u got a big baby 2kg at 32w !

any mummies suffering from bad backaches ? mine is quite bad...cannot even sit straight..pain the whole day ! sign...

Hi Porky,

I also have backache mostly at the lower back, but I think my was due to my slip disc condition.
Try putting pillow at ur back area when sitting up see if it help.
I went walking in the swimming pool it did help to reduce the pain.

hi niko, yup now im supporting with a pillow to sit properly...mine is on one side of lower back only...super aching and cannot consider on my work !

i have bad nasty backache too.. my frnd just dropped by to pass me her pregnancy belt and i find that it did relieve some weight off my back and i feel so much better. u might wana try a pregnancy belt too..

I am at my 33/34 weeks. Visited gynea on Thursday. Baby is coming 2kg. Gynea is happy. He say baby is gaining weight compare to 2 weeks ago. I think he is comparing to my #1 who is 3.415kg at birth

morning mummies !

anterina, tks. i had more naps and slp over the weekends now feeling better
happy.gif

shirlynn, u can start to count down !

im 32w this week

anyone alrdy start to pack the hospital bag ?
happy.gif

Mine is 1.9kg at 31 wks. Hubby still ask doc if bb is small!

Niko.. would you be going for epidural. I attended a seminar and they said that you have to inform the hospital about your slip disc cond if you want epi.

wendy, mine also 1.5kg at 30weeks. gynae say this weight is fine
happy.gif
waiting for next week check up !

anyone heard of wrong gender when near edd ? DS shows bb gal but later gynae confirm is bb boy at 7mth...saw someone posted in the fb. a bit scary for me cos alrdy prepared all pinky stuff lol !

lol ! yest i went ntuc and one aunty guess my baby gender is a boy..gosh ! i said is a bb girl but she say dont like...next week gonna ask gynae to verify it again

my friend's detailed scan shows a girl girl but was told that the gender is in fact a boy after their last visit to the gynae at 6th month!

Porky, we in the same week! I'm also at 32nd week this week and will be seeing dr. woody next Monday!

Porky, is good to hear that your back is better after the weekend rest. Due to my back condition, I do still go for my physiotherapy which they say I cope very well for my back for this period...hope it will be good all the way.

Pinkie, I already told my doctor that I have slip disc therefore he suggest that I go for C-section, he say scare I push and hurt my back further. I am think of using epidural so that I could see my baby once he is out. My orthopaedic say should not be a problem to use epidural.

Back