(2012/11) Nov 2012

Hui: hehe this Sunday exactly 15 weeks!! Hahaha! I am secretly hoping for a boy!! U ? I already have a boy and a girl, I find my boy so much easier than my girl. My girl v whiny! Buay tahan sometimes!

Cindy, I hope you get ur wish! I'm hoping for a gal ! Haha It's the start of my 16 th week this Sunday, so your edd is mid nov too?

My tummy is beginning to show ! It's bloated ness but I feel sad I can't fit into some clothes! How?! Upset!

Hui: we are exactly the same then!! Bahaha!! Yes 18nov. But I be opting for caesearan so will be earlier.

And clothes: most of my skirts are the rubber waist type.. I hope
Can wear for a longer time. Don't really wanna buy maternity clothes!! Ahahaha

Cindy, but my edd is 12 nov!?

If you opt for c sect can choose a good date!
My sis 's boss chose a good date for her c sect, her daughter really very very Guai and easy to care for!

Hahahah!! Hui: I realise I say wrong! I'm 1 wk behind u! So sun you are 16 weeks but me only 15!! Hahaha Cause I went for Oscar at 11 wk1 day. Went back only 2 weeks later at 12plus week... Then after 12 week gynae say see every 4 weeks later lor. So become 7june. So long. I counting down. Maybe next week I buay tahan. Go 1 week earlier hahaha!!

Yup, will choose a date.... Wanted same bday as my eldest boy on 3rd nov but hubby say no, each child diff, choose diff date. Actually my #2 I also choose date but she nt easy at all! First 6 months nv sleep at night!!! I tried all ways and means! Jahaha.

Hi mommies, sorry to interrupt ur happy sales chatting with smthing negative but I really wanna ask cos I'm feeling terrible. Hv any of u Thot of giving up so far or am I the only one...I can't control these Thots and they r popping up very often... I'm wondering if I'm falling into depression
sad.gif
can u all share with me? Tks

Piggiedearz: your difficult time will pass!! Talk to bb, build a bond, jia you. Talk to hubby!! Buy cute bb posters to look at. Evertbody's pregnancy is different. I am sure your hard work, all the suffering will pay off!
As for giving up, yes. I did. But it was because I already planned to stop at 2. This was accidental and when I found out, I wanted to go for xxx but hubby discouraged me. Though accidntal, he felt it was god's gift and asked me to think about those who wanted kids yet cannot. Why are we throwing life away. Frankly speaking, I haven't come to terms with it, especially since I have nothing left- start afresh as if this is the first bb! When wr went fir frst checkup, i was actually secretly hoping no heartbeat. we went for oscars, I told him, if anything I don't want. He agreed but all was okay. And it was then that really dawned on me, it's fated. Why do I think bad thoughts?

So now, I'm slowly accepting it, hoping to fond a better bond once I know the gender!
You're prob miserable w a ll the suffering, that's why u start to think negative. But all bad things will pass! Talk to hubby, talk to us, u are not alone.

Jia you!

piggiedearz: I'm not good at consoling people, but just want to say that every little life is precious. There are some couple who tried many years to conceive but not successful. I'm one of them, took me 4 yrs plus to successfully conceive. Been thru cysts ops and consulted chinese sinsei and almost got to go thru ivf. Went thru so much efforts n expense just to get a child, not to mention more expense to spend after the child is born. Is it all worth it? Yes, it does. A child brings joys, bonding to the family.

Like what Cindy said, talk to your hubby. This pregnancy not just u going thru, ur hub as a father-to-be has his own anxiety. Loop him in what u been thru, he will be more appreciate.

Many sales started this week onwards wo... went isetan sale on wed, bought a tiger 2L food jar, was so happy. But Taka has better deal for the same food jar. Hahaha.

Hi mummy.. I m having insomnia again.. Everyday wake up at this hour to make milk for my boy n couldn't get back to sleep and it has been weeks.. So tired...

Porky, Dotty.. I m also seeing dr Adrian at cck..and share the same cold joke.. " dun tell mil" haha..

So excited to see so many of u knowin the gender.. I can't wait to know mine.. Hopefully is a girl.. Then I can close shop Liao..

Anyone planning for ligation after this pregnancy?

It seem that my ms getting worse for second trimester too.. Excessive saliva still not gone yet.. Thot all will be good now.. Sigh.. Anyone also same as me..

Good night.. Trying to sleep now before the sun come out n my son wake up..

Working mum.. Jia you.. TGIF .. Weekend coming..

Ahhhhhh!!!!! Bad night for me. Training my girl for night diaper off training n she pee on my bed!!!! When she promised she won't !!!!!!!

Morning Mummies,
think many of us are anxious to know about our babies gender. Me too! Hoping for a girl. My #1 is a boy.

My mum has this old wives' tale on predicting the gender of the baby. Can try out for fun:
Take some rice from your rice bin/container.
Count the number of rice grain.
Even no:girl
Odd no: boy.

Mine was even no. I hope its accurate!

I read that ligation is more invasive. Seems better to get the guy to the vasectomy... I am considering both options... dont want another accident to happen.

Any one's bump showing already?
I have put on 2kg already and i am only at 17 weeks. Is this consider too much?

Hi piggiedearz,Im sure its just the hormones! Deep down inside you really wanted the baby! I also had a lot negative thoughts initially, but the phase has passed,i saw my colleague wife gave birth recently and i was very touched when i saw the pic of the baby! We will be having our own in another 6 months!

Jiayou! Eat something you like,or go shopping! Do something to make yourself happy!

i have yet to put on weight but my pants are getting tight, doubt can last any longer haha need to find alt soon
sad.gif

dadnmum: when u usually visit him? perhaps we seen each other b4 :D

Cindy, good luck for cleaning the bed! Haha !
Its weekend! Be happy!

You should go for the scan earlier! Haha *tempt you! **

sharon: haha maybe i'll try it tonight, then we will confirm it w a scan and see how accurate it is.
happy.gif

hui: tiring ley!!!! ya sigh!!! you update me on monday!! I try to persuade hubby to go before motherhood fair ahhahaha!!!

Piangz: I started showing sometime back liaoz.. My colleagues all commented that this round very fast so big Liao.. And I'm only 14+ weeks.. Already dug out my maternity clothes to wear.. So much more comfortable..
happy.gif
and confirm got put on weight.. Dunno how much only.. Think already 3kg... My appetite has been good.. Need to control.. :p

showing: mine too actually, only 14weeks + too, but no one noticed it yet! so haha i shall keep quiet.
happy.gif
close colleague are aware only.

wt: i don;t know how much i've put on, but i must keep it down this time!
happy.gif
i've lost 1 kg in first 12 weeks, wonder how much over the past 2 weeks i've gained.

yawn: really very sleepy today... after changing bedsheets 2x in the night. goodness me.

This is my first child so I am not sure what's the normal weight gain should be..

I am starting to wear maternity pants that I bought on ASOS website! It is really much more comfortable! HAHA!

Wendy me too! I just turned 14 weeks and have gained 3kg. I started showing since week 10 so i've been wearing the same few dresses since then. Especially after lunch, my tummy looks even bigger. I really need new clothes.

morning mummies ! i am so happy with my shopping loots yest ! bgt disposable panties for confinement use..some stretchable 3/4 pants and some tops. i love to shop at JL expo sales hahaha

hi sharon, my boy slp v late recently..i dozed off ard 11pm+ but i still can hear him talking and singing until abt 11.45pm he KO

wendy/lalaa, i feel more energetic at 2nd trim ! always think of gg for shopping..hb v scared of me now lol !

cindy, im gg for c-sec this round too so might be earlier than edd
happy.gif
oh, how old is ur girl now ? my boy still not ready for diaperless at night..his diaper always super full in the morning !

Piang/darienna, my col and boss said v obvious this round too..i looks like 4-5mths preg now

im taking half day leave to go motherhood fair on 31st may ! anyone gg on this date also ?

well.. this is my 2nd child. I gain 17kg for number one and only managed to shed 12kg.
for this one, i am trying to keep it to 12kg, as I read somewhere that there is maximum weight one should gain during pregnancy.. hope i can have the determination to control myself :p

Hi Laruru - same here. After eating, my tummy will bloat up and looks bigger. Hope that my weight will not gain so fast!!

Wendy, the maternity pants from asos is good ? How much is it? Size wise is good for Asian?

I only bought maternity shorts from g market Haha cost around 20plus still ok,hope material is good,still waiting for delivery!

Hui - I think it is not bad. Pretty much like skinny jeans but it is much softer in material. It costs about S$70 and now they are having free delivery!

Was quite skeptical in the beginning cos not sure if it can fit me, and plus I am short so the length may be an issue. But it turned out just fine. I got a size 8 (which is their smallest size) for now
happy.gif

dadnmum, my ms still not improving in 2nd trim..everything i eat seems like throwing out..v xin ku. esp dinner time my appetite is the worst

hui, i bgt maternity shorts from gmarket and BP..both dont fit me..either too big or too small..waste $ ! yest i bgt from JL sales can try and v comfy material only $7.90 those are stretchable bands can wear till delivery

wendy, piangz, for my #1 the gynae said not to gain more than 12 kg....i ended up 17kg and also manage to lose only 12 kg so stuck with extra 5kg the last 3 yrs
sad.gif
this time also going to try and stick to 12kg even though my gynae in hk didn't mention anything.

the last time in nuh, every visit they will check my urine and take my weight....here in hk they don't seem to care. just see gynae and get a scan....

Piggiedearz: U can try this method when feeling down, go and eat whatever u are craving now. It will make u happy the whole day. It works for me. Try it too.
Juz to share with u actually me and hubby planned to stop at #1, becoz we dun have any childcare help. But one day my sis-in-law said: "the greatest gift u can give your son is a sibling." we find this statement very touching. So in Feb I quit my job (long working hrs, everyday came back 9plus. Co gave a blackberry and expect me to response to requests immediate even on weekends/while on leave). Anyway my #1 was not happy in Childcare also, he commented his teacher touched his penis and always hungry not enough to eat.) But the main reason I quit is becoz I want to be mentally and emotionally ready for this new baby. Juz wanna fully enjoy this pregnancy this time round, which I didn't when I had #1. Day before induce I was still working, I felt very confused.

So Piggiedearz: Jia you! Juz rem, $ cannot buy a baby. He/she is yours, someone u can call your very own.

Hi piggie: Don't be discouraged. When I was having my morning sickness, vomiting and feeling sick in 1T.. I was thinking what did I put myself through. It is so difficult. But now, all I want is for my baby to be healthy and whole. Think happy thoughts.. Hugs!

I'm in my 13th week, haven't put on weight yet, but my tummy started really showing this week. Round, round.. bloated with a lot of wind. I also can't wear a lot of my dresses and skirts anymore.. so keep wearing the same ol' stuff that still fits now. Gotta start shopping for maternity wear alr.

dadnmum: I'm thinking of ligation too. Mum told me she didn't get any side effects when she did hers. Colleague told me she did a pinhole surgery when she did hers. Still gotta consider and reconsider before deciding.

Cindy/Porky/Hui: does your #1 still wakes up to drink milk at nite? Mine only want me to feed only. When new baby come I wonder how to cope, need to feed both! Mine 3yrs alr still wearing diaper
sad.gif
he told me his not ready. Hope I can train him successfully in the next 6months. Else very "siong", both wear diaper.

beloved, my #1 can slp thru. his last milk feed at 10.30pm now he is 3yrs old still on diaper at night. but for now i wont train him first..i dont think i got the energy to wake up at night if he wants to pee..im lazy mummy lol

yjzlillone, don waste $$ on this..think my friend also used before but gender turn out to be opposite..so its not accurate...

Mrs. Teo, can take strepsils! i ask gynae already..but take those regular one..dont take the extra strong one...

went for my mthly check up on Tues, was 16weeks but couldnt see the gender as bb head was facing down and the leg didnt open..so very hard to see..sigh...but then last night dreamt that i had bb boy..so think most likely will get another boy again...hopefully i can get a girl then can close shop liao..

Thanks Wendy! I will pop by to take a look!

Porky, 7.90 is very cheap!
I think your Ms will slowly taper off! Don't worry! On Monday, i still feel bloated and nauseous after dinner, yesterday, i feel a bit better after dinner, means Ms actually very slowly very slowly improves! So its going off,just hang on!

Beloved, you can consider bumwear washable diaper to cut cost?

Im thinking of using that for my baby,but scared i get too lazy to wash and end up buy disposable again Haha

Piggiedearz, i know it must be a hard time for u, but when u think of the MS means bb is healthy, u will be happy...

i had a chemical preg last yr Apr when bb is only 5weeks, was so sad that i lost it..so this time round no matter how bad my headache, bloatedness and bad nausea, i will think that its worth it all..as long as my lil one is healthy...

persevere and rest more...prolly u should go out shopping and have high tea with friends..don keep thinking abt the MS/vomitting, stay calm and talk to ur hubby ya...

hi beloved, the statement "the greatest gift u can give your son is a sibling." really touched me..thats what im thinking too when i plan to have another one within 2yr gap, i know will be tough for me as i dont have childcare help as well..but just wanna keep the #1 co, but i read tiger n dragon doesnt get along..keeping my finger cross man..

hi piggie, i was very down & depressed when having my #1 cos i was supposed to be promoted & posted to overseas but this bb came unexpected, n everything came to a halt..but i can tell u everything is worthwhile when the little one is out, the joy that they bring to u is priceless..so jia you jia you..

porky: my girl is 3yr 3mths.
happy.gif
herdiaper is always wet when she wakes up too! but cause I'm in contact with some of the mommies with 09 kids, i asked and to my SHOCKKKKK, most of the kids are diaper trained at 24mths!!!! so i decided, i must get down to training her and i will NOT give up. night 1, she wee-ed at 4am. night 2, she succeeded! night 3 (which was last night), she wet her pants at 1am but managed to get up on time, and then the full force came at 610am, which to me, also considered success as it's already 1 whole night. sigh! i must persevereeeeeee!!

beloved: nope, nv wake up for milk at night, my #1 slept through at about 12 months and #2 slept through at about 14 months. hehe! 3 yr!
happy.gif
so yours also 09bb!
happy.gif
my mentality alaos like same, hope can diaper train her before nov! i must persevere, since i persisted for3 nights liao. bt eveytime she pee i flare up, so hubby was like saying:aiya give up la.. BUT nooooo!! thoughts of saving money... haaha!

Hi Piggie, gotta keep ur spirits up.
I had a near death experience with my #1. He was born a 30 week premmie. Wanted to stop at 1 but decided to go for a #2. Cos nothing beats the happiness brought about by the little one.
Beloved statement "the greatest gift u can give ur child is a sibling" is totally true.
So hubby and I decided to try for a #2.
I am 13+ weeks now. I am on long medical leave cos gynea doesnt want to risk me falling sick again.

Everything will be worth it when u hold ur baby in ur arms 6 months later.

yjzlillone, ur DS on 20th june is v fast ! mine is in july...ya i agreed dont waste $ on the urine predictor..v soon u will know bb gender
happy.gif

hui, v cheap hor hahaha ! i bgt 3pcs 2 of it is 3/4 and 1 short. heng my office allow us to wear 3/4 pants to work. tks, when i go shopping i forget all abt my ms
happy.gif

piggiedearz, jia you ! i lost a bb in year 2008 abt 8weeks..and suddenly all ms is gone..so now im glad tt i still experience ms which is a good sign tt bb is growing

Cindy, are u from Mar'09 thread also?

my boy also need diapers at night. i havnt train him for night time..thou he can be diaperless throughout the day..sometimes at night i wear diaper for him, he will say he don wan, but i tell him mummy not ready...lol..bcos i havnt buy the mattress protector kekekek...

porky! your elder also 3? haha my girl is feb 09. what about yours? and beloved's?

chris: indeed. I truly agree with the statement. so my #1 and #2 are within the 2 yr gap. this #3.. will be a 5 yr gap and 3yr gap wth my elders, so i wonder how it'll be. this morn i was commenting to hb, wonder if it's a girl or boy.. and my boy said: mummy, it's a boy!! and my girl said: no! it's a girl baby!and my boy replied: haaa, mummy, i want a boy. thnen i said: fgirl or boy you'll still love right? then he said: i'll love only lttle bit if bb is a girl. but i'll love A LOT of it's a boy.

haha.

Back