(2012/10) Oct 2012

Joanna: I think because bubble tea = iced tea. TCM say avoid anything with Ice. hahahah I will take hot milk tea. Makes me feel better too.

May: I don't drink coffee so tea is my only indulgence. Too much milo makes me heaty hahah.

Yeah, enjoy your friday ladies!

ccharis, my PIL came over to help for 6 weeks. jus learn how to bather baby from her, as basically i was taking care of everything, breastfeeding, burping... put to bed.. no one could successfully do it during the first weeks.. haha... then they left after 6 weeks.. all the new challenges i picked up myself..

i have a fren who cooks lunch for his wife b4 he leaves for work cuz i presume wife taking care of baby alone. lucky man.. i jus tabao downstairs everyday for abt 2 weeks finally started cooking again.

May: LOL... IS OKAy nvm u can have other things like yogurt or yakult?

reineluv: ahhh.. no wonder... but i think can drink abit of ice right? moderate lol....

JOanna: yogurt can lah. Yakult try to moderate. some say bb will have asthma.. Not sure thou,

wah. I feel like having Milk Tea with Pearls leh... craving craving!
Weird when comes to drink, we have so many craving but food... hmm.. still finding a food that can curb my MS.

Just ate a gong cha, lemon juice with aiyu and white pearl. Makes me happy....

It's a good day. Been a long time since I spent the day lazing.
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

Enjoy your weekends all mommies!

Joanna,
What I mean is a little caffeine won't hurt our bb at tis point coz they are still getting the nutrients they need from the 'egg yolk'.

Hi ladies ! Finally weekend , yippee !!

JustALamb - nowadays alot of wk cos depr downsized earlier this month n I got an expanded role and new teammates , so alot of time critical things to look into ....

Charris - GREAT to hear from u, my fellow 'twin' MTB, miss ya!! Next sat my oscar test and gynae visit, a day after u. Feeling Rather nervous deep down inside me...

At lunch I walked faster than my normal (now which is slow like grandmother) pace for 5 min, n I had to stop cos tummy felt 'funny'... Now still 'funny', gastric like feeling. Not d tightening or bloated feeling. Scared !!!!!! How ????

Any mummies still drinking coffee starbuck ice blended? I'm being paranoid, all of a sudden MS stopped after I had that two days in a row and also some hundred plus. . Alittle worried now, hopefully tom's check up turns out fine

Question for those who did oscar test: how is d blood test done, like normal blood test via d pulse area at d inner elbow area ?

<font color="blue">Hi mommies, g'morning. MIA for like so long ~ came to work this morning. Didn't went to work yday as i had spotting like again.. Went to my gynae(went back to LN Sim) Did a scan &amp; everything. Baby seems to be okay as heartbeat is still deteched &amp; baby seems to be moving too... So for the time being it's fine but needa observe can't walk too much etc .. Feeling so lazy recently, just wanna laze on bed don't wanna go anywhere .. Appetite not so good also, feeling so giddy &amp; nausea everytime i eat
sad.gif
</font>

<font color="blue">&amp; Ya, first scan for bb is measuring at 0.5cm, after that the appointment on tuesday baby grown to 1.5cm .. &amp; yday when scanned baby actually grown to 1.9cm alr! Quite fast uh, but weird thing is my EDD was pushed back instead by 1day to 31st Oct! Lol..</font>

<font color="aa00aa">morning skfs n all!

U r working on sat de ah..so sian rite. Spotting no give u mc ma ur gynae?need to rest n dont walk too much ah. Tk cr of urslf.

Have a great wkend!</font>

<font color="red">GNL</font>:
<font color="blue">Hi Babe! You're working too? She wants to give me MC but i insisted not to, cause i'm still under probations. MC = deduct money .. So sian..</font>

<font color="0000ff">Sksf,</font> <font color="ff6000">baby is more important than work. you must take care of yourself AND baby ya? *hugs*</font>

<font color="red">Starry mummy</font>:
<font color="blue">Glad i'm not alone! Hahaha... Yeah, will tkcr of myself.. Left with last 3weeks+ to go to 2nd tri~ Let's jiayou tgt!
happy.gif
</font>

<font color="0000ff">Sksf</font> <font color="ff6000">Do you work every Sat? Half day? I work Sats only about once a month or so. And it's a half day.

Yeah I'm so counting down to the end of first tri, then dont need to hide my fast-growing bump and let it hang loose, can get my appetite back and also my energy!!

I am sucking on this today and it seems to be keeping my nausea at bay..so far!
</font>
6831171.jpg

<font color="blue">I worked twice every month. Alt sat, depends though.. Yeap! I'm counting down too! My bump growing real fast too.. Guess bec it's #2 :/ Ginger? Nice? Hmm, i remember trying it for my #1 but it doesn't work! Now thinking back of the taste kinda turn me off.. Even sweet plums but tasted so sour actually turns me off now! Guess my only comfort food is fruit.. Pears etc .. Haha, my current weird fav food is pear.. which is never mine used to be.. haha.. </font>

How's everybody?
I just did my first puke for this bb last night! Can you imagine at 12 wk... I thought I am 'save' from MS already! Yikes....

Sksf
Our tast buds change so much right.... Throughout my whole life, I hate to eat orange... Then preggie time crave to eat cold cut orange! Worst thing is I'm still nursing my bad cough for a few months already.... Hv to avoid orange!!!!! Arrrg!!!

<font color="red">Kikilala</font>:
<font color="blue">Exactly! I kept craving for some cold drinks to smoothe myself which my mom always forbids.. &amp; she actually raise the topic up to my gynae yday . but instead my gynae said "Aiyo, it's okay la. Cold drinks drink down stomach become warm alr" My mom also like "HUH?" LOL. So funny!</font>

<font color="0000ff">Sksf</font> <font color="ff6000">Honestly, while the crystallised ginger seems to be helping the nausea, I actually HATE the taste of ginger in this form! Ginger tea is nice but ginger cubes not nice. Aiyo I think we preggies are hard to please, but not our fault, the tastebuds are all wonky, just like</font> <font color="0000ff">kikilala</font> <font color="ff6000">says lor. Sighs!

I had bagel and croissant for lunch/tea yesterday and it kept my MS away very well. I felt quite good. Plain stuff is the way to go.</font>

<font color="0000ff">kikilala</font> <font color="ff6000">What did you eat that brought on the puking? Or did you not eat? The tastebuds really change lor. I like savoury food usually. But every time preggie, I crave vvv sweet stuff like sweet sweet cheng tng.</font>

<font color="0000ff">Sksf:</font> <font color="aa00aa">Please do take care of yrself.. If need to rest deduct $$ oso must rest..
Lol.. I oso crave for cold drinks as I find I can take cold ones better dan normal or warm water.. I like wat yr gynae says.. Haha..</font>

<font color="blue">I don't know what do i normally craves, i like both savoury &amp; sweet stuffs at times .. it depends on the food whether it's able to please the lil bean inside me -__-

<font color="red">May</font>:Yes i know
sad.gif
I preferred either cold drinks or very hot water.. hehe .. weird eh.. Ya! my gynae said that so funny!

<font color="red">Gnl</font>:No wonder i don't see you on skype! hehe.</font>

<font color="red">Lil_D</font>:
<font color="blue">Hi, I've changed my gynae to LN Sim instead. Please change, sorry for the inconveniences :p</font>

<font color="blue">Happy! going home alr! Gonna have meesua cooked by my momma! Lagi Best! Takecare mommies &amp; have an awesome weekend! <3</font>

Sksf - take care !!! Rest more !!! Gd choice to go bk dr Ln sim
:)

Maternity pants : any recommendation for nice reasonable priced pants ? With d stretchable bands ... I went to Vivo city and d shops hv not v nice pants ...

Any tips to regain apettite ?I still hv much of an apettite , worse than before pregn (was a big eater). Today went to a jap resst n finished 3/4 bowl rice n Hubby commented I ate alot compared to past weeks!!!

Btil, I bought 2 maternity jeans from old navy, but I estimated the wrong size. Tot I must be a L size now so ordered size 12. Way too big.

Think instead of buying maternity pants, can also buy those belly band to hold the pants together. I saw at a shop in Nex recently. You may want to consider those

Btil
I went to those neighborhood stores and some do sell maternity clothes... The tops are UGLY lah but I find the pants are actually quite ok. Cheap also. I bought a pair of shorts to try first (those with elastic band). Only $27+ maybe will go back to buy some long pants and skirts soon. I went to the one at Tampines interchange rows of shops in front of the mrt station. Next to the DVD shop.

There's one at be bencoolen fortune centre, right opposite the OG entrance.

Guess what! I also found pants with elastic band in Mango during my #1 time. I can wear all the way till I popped.

I just got an email from babycentre.com to inform me that I am officially in my 2nd tri! Yippy! They consider 2nd tri from 12 wks onwards.

Don't know what trigger my puking last night maybe ate too oily food for dinner. I just hope it is the first and last time!

kikila, ur not alone in puking late. i puked gastric juice promptly on turning 11 weeks. but now so far so good.. :p

also like cold drinks but try to abstain la. try to drink once in a few days only, and not super cold..

JustALamb, when buying maternity wear, you generally stick to your pre-pregnancy size cos the sizing is proportional. So for eg, if you have always worn S for Old Navy clothes, your maternity wear from the brand should also be S.

But I have a feeling most maternity wear will still be too baggy for now cos we're neither here nor there, still not that big yet. Those bottoms with adjustable waistline will have better mileage.

Starry, lesson learnt. Also, feel buy tops and dresses online are ok, but bottoms better try the size b4 I buy.

For my 1st preg, I din buy any maternity clothes. Bump was quite small. I mainly wore VS baby doll dresses. This time, bump seems to grow faster and bigger

JustALamb - belly band ? I saw it today at spring maternity stall at Vivo . D pack indicates it's to cover d belly when existing top can't cover . It's like a tube top but wear at belly area. U mean can also use to tighten existing pants without zipping ?

All - I suddenly felt 'panicky' today that there is alot of research to do on what n where to buy etc . Previously I think it's still early . But got from this forum a to-buy checklist, n after walking ard 3 maternity shops today n cudnt get anything, it struck me it's time to start thinking n looking !!!

I dunno what to expect in 2nd trimester - any tips to share ?

Btil - it's a belly belt combo. I bought at mothercare. It costs $29.90. With discount, around $26 plus. It is great.. It is an extender for existing pants.

Btil - For Oscar test, the BT is done at the inner elbow area, like most BT. It's pretty quick. The time-consuming one is the U/S scan. The baby needs to be on his/her back so that the thickness behind the neck can be measure.

Things to buy. For now, just start sourcing for maternity clothes and stretchmark cream. When you know the gender, can start buying baby clothes. At the same time, you can reike on sterilizer, bottles, thermometer, baby cot, bedsheets, baby sling, baby carrier, chair for baby to lie on.

My boy is having a high fever since last night so a good thermometer is very important.

<font color="0000ff">Kiki &amp; Skinney:</font> <font color="aa00aa">Me no more puking these few days.. Hope to keep it tt way.. But keep burping.. At time I will burp out acid juice and will choke me and makes me super uncomfy n yucky in the throat..</font>

<font color="aa00aa">Wah.. So many of you so well plan lao.. Start buying clothings n bottom n preparing stuffs for bb lao.. I still hv not buy anythg yet.. Expect just order a belly belt online so tt my tummy wnt feel so uncomfy wif all my existing pants.. Maternity clothing got afew fm my sis.. Top I still find ok.. Bottoms dun really like cos v baggy.. But my sis say during 3rd n 4th v useful.. So maybe will just get as n when I need them bah.. As for bb stuffs maybe 2nd trim dan start to think.. lol</font>

Dont need to buy things for bb now... Usually jun, jul will hv great Singapore sale and many bb fairs coming too... Don't ganchiong now

Caitlin
Thanks for the info on belly belt. I was sourcing for it. So sad. I gave away all my maternity clothings from no 1 to no 4 liao. Think I don't wanna plurge too much this time. Belly belt will be good!

<font color="ff6000">Hi mummies! I am back after resting for 2 days. Hope everyone has a nice weekend and a great week ahead.</font>

Yeah, I think nothing much to buy for now. But I think must quickly book CL for those who need this service.

For me, I would need to reike for Infant Care and probably put on waitlist (kiasu) if my mom doesn't want to take care of my baby. Don't really like the idea of having a live-in maid or a nanny.

Yah, today's papers talked about shortage of confinement nannies. Some are booked till November! The infant care I'm considering has a wait list already. And I asked for April 2013. Amazing.

Kikala: I threw up late too - 10th week. Now at 11.5 weeks. Hoping the 2nd tri will be better.

Maternity clothes: i got the bella band from Alle mom - more expensive than the Mothercare one but I think they work the same way. Can be used to fit bottoms which are too loose.

Sing Ling,

Infant care already waitlist for April 2013!! OMG! I need to quickly put myself on waitlist then because there are not many infant care centres in my area.

Back