(2012/10) Oct 2012

For me.. I have no cravings lei.. basically I ate everything to satisfy my hunger.. dranks lots of water coz I don’t know y with this little one I super dehydrated and thirsty.. in the end keep gg toilet..
sad.gif

However my 1st one i has craving for tom yum soupy stuff!

Oh btw,when is the right time to see gynae?

Im 6 weeks today..

Was a lil kanchiong during previous pregnancy so went to see gynae at 7 weeks..No baby but can only see the sac.Was told that it looked 5 weeks..

This pregnancy,hubby said to wait till 10-12 weeks then see Gynae..Dunno if its too late..

What say u mommies?

Hello Coco_Pops...

We share similar experiences! I also had a miscarriage last Nov and now, with my 2nd pregnancy, my EDD is also on 12 Oct!
happy.gif

Hello all,

Been a silent reader for a while..
happy.gif

Coco_pops /Spaahkles - I also had the same experience! Now with my 2nd pregnancy too.. EDD is tentatively 18 Oct. Also deliberating when to see doc cos last time went 6 weeks couldn't see anything and finally d&c at 7 weeks.. was a blighted ovum

Another coincidence choczeclair!hee

Hope we can fight this first trimester together and give birth to our lil dragons in Oct.

I guess i'll see my gynae twds the end of the 1st trimester.Planning to go TPS at KKH as they offer after Offc Hrs Consultation so hubby can save his leaves..Hee

I say around 8wks is a good time to see the Dr. Actually scan too early cant see much and then we get worried.

But do call the Dr and he might ask you to go for blood test first to confirm the results then base on the blood test, he can give dydrogesterone pills to support the pregnancy.

Take folic acid if you had not started taking.

Little_dragon,
Same.. My son has been testing my patience too. I kept telling myself not to flare up as he may be very sensitive if he knows I'm expecting. I hope this phase will be over soon for him so that we can share the gd news..
happy.gif

Skies,
I have been choosing Mac too!!! It feels so bad cos junk fd but it is gratifying to the taste buds somehow.. Haha! I am turned off by curry now.. Weird cos I always like that!

Taurus,
Thanks! I do hope he'll understand when he knows the news. I'm feeling more emo and lethargic nowadays.

tauras76,
i told my #1 (31 months) and he like never register it leh. so bo chap! In fact he's still so rough, kick me in my tummy a few times already!
sad.gif

Cocopops > yup hope this time the beanie sticks!

kikilala> oh ok.. ya was thinking about 8 weeks too.. hope can tahan..

haha.. quite kan cheong but the last experience in Nov still quite traumatising....so i'm also scared to go doc..

Coco Pops>> Your right... it's really in God's hands now...If it's meant to be it's meant to be...this time was really a surprise.. cos we told ourselves that we will not try anymore...then got bfp on V day... was so happy but pretty scared at the same time...

Choczeclair and Coco_Pops.... such a wild coincidence! Hope the beanie sticks this time!

I'm booked in to see the gynae at 8+ weeks. I have learnt from the last round not to go too early.... 8-10w seems to be a good timeframe. The gynae has suggested 8w for me cos I am considered high risk due to the previous m/c.

Hey ladies! It's my first post here and just wanted to share that we should be expecting our first baby around 20th October 2012 (used online calculator to calculate - LMP 14th January 2012)

Our first visit to the gynae will be 15th March 2012 (@ Kandang Kerbau Hospital), and I really can't wait as it's supposedly the day where we can see the heartbeat of our little one. Keeping fingers crossed!

What's really on my mind these days are the type of births that I should be considering.. hypnobirthing? waterbirth? drug-free? And also the type of prenatal lessons (胎教) that we should be going for or what we should be doing. Parenthood is a big responsibility!

Anyone going through the same thoughts as me?

@Cocopops, spaahkles, and chocz - happy news that you're pregnant again after what happened last Nov.

Now that I've read the posts by other mummies, I think I may have gone to the gynae too early at 5 weeks! Haha. It'll be two weeks more before you can see a heartbeat.

Here's praying for sticky beanies, ladies!
happy.gif

@caitlin, my best friend's 2yo daughter (my goddaughter) tried to step on her mum's tummy before my friend found out she was pregnant! Fast forward to today, when asked, my goddaughter said i have a baby in my tummy when her mum asked.

Children kind of know, for some reason!

skies and caitlin, i've been craving hot, soupy (beef) meals and am constantly thirsty! And hungry! 5 portions of vegetables and fruits a day with meals should suffice.

See this article for healthy eating during pregnancy, though I'm sure you ladies have already read up a lot about it!
http://www.bbc.co.uk/health/physical_health/pregnancy/pregnancy_diet.shtml

Going to the toilet very often is perfectly normal, i guess, since our kidneys are extra-efficient during pregnancy and expels toxic waste much faster.

hey ynove,

Adrain Woodsworth is actually one of my wife's classmate recommendation.

but i prefer a clinic closer to home.

Newbies MTB who just join.. Appreciate you to provide the following information to be include in the chart..
happy.gif

1.nick:
2.LMP:
3.Expecting # baby :
4.Gynae:
5.Hospital:
6.Age:
7.EDD:

SnU, Adrian Woodworth was my #1 gynae... but just take note that if u are going to see him, before u enter his room, be well prepare of what u wan to ask him... his visit is as short as 5mins kind... chop chop one... he will say tis

1. how are u? ok?
2. come, we do the scan, while he scan, he will tell u a bit of the scan thingy
3. ok, anything to ask? if dun have, see u in 3 weeks time...
but overall he is okie la....
happy.gif

tis is just him... a gynae with very little words.... :p

<font size="+2"><font color="aa00aa">October 2012 Babies</font></font>

<table border=1><tr><td><font color="ff6000"><center>No.</center></font></TD><TD><font color="ff6000"><center>Nick</center></font></TD><TD><font color="ff6000"><center>Age</center></font></TD><TD><font color="ff6000"><center>LMP</center></font></TD><TD><font color="ff6000"><center>Expectin BB#</center></font></TD><TD><font color="ff6000"><center>Hospital</center></font></TD><TD><font color="ff6000"><center>Gynae</center></font></TD><TD><font color="ff6000"><center>EDD</center></font> </TD></TR><TR><TD><center>1</center></TD><TD><center>sha85</center></TD><TD><center>27</center></TD><TD><center>28.12.11</center></TD><TD><center>2</center></TD><TD><center>KKH</center></TD><TD><center>TBA</center></TD><TD><center>03.10.12</center> </TD></TR><TR><TD><center>2</center></TD><TD><center>skies</center></TD><TD><center>36</center></TD><TD><center>29.12.11</center></TD><TD><center>2</center></TD><TD><center>KKH</center></TD><TD><center>TBA</center></TD><TD><center>04.10.12</center> </TD></TR><TR><TD><center>3</center></TD><TD><center>Taurus76</center></TD><TD><center>36</center></TD><TD><center>29.12.11</center></TD><TD><center>2</center></TD><TD><center>TMC</center></TD><TD><center>Dr Chen Cherng Yi</center></TD><TD><center>04.10.12</center> </TD></TR><TR><TD><center>4</center></TD><TD><center>Liang</center></TD><TD><center>28</center></TD><TD><center>01.01.12</center></TD><TD><center>1</center></TD><TD><center>TMC</center></TD><TD><center>Dr LC Cheng</center></TD><TD><center>05.10.12</center> </TD></TR><TR><TD><center>5</center></TD><TD><center>kikilala</center></TD><TD><center>35</center></TD><TD><center>31.12.11</center></TD><TD><center>2</center></TD><TD><center>TBA</center></TD><TD><center>Dr Foong LC</center></TD><TD><center>06.10.12</center> </TD></TR><TR><TD><center>6</center></TD><TD><center>mei ziang</center></TD><TD><center>29</center></TD><TD><center>21.12.11</center></TD><TD><center>1</center></TD><TD><center>TMC</center></TD><TD><center>Dr Benjamin Tham</center></TD><TD><center>06.10.12</center> </TD></TR><TR><TD><center>7</center></TD><TD><center>oekmer</center></TD><TD><center>33</center></TD><TD><center>01.01.12</center></TD><TD><center>1</center></TD><TD><center>Mt A</center></TD><TD><center>Dr Woo</center></TD><TD><center>07.10.12</center> </TD></TR><TR><TD><center>8</center></TD><TD><center>Btil</center></TD><TD><center>37</center></TD><TD><center>31.12.11</center></TD><TD><center>1</center></TD><TD><center>TMC</center></TD><TD><center>Dr LN Sim</center></TD><TD><center>10.10.12</center> </TD></TR><TR><TD><center>9</center></TD><TD><center>Little_Dragon</center></TD><TD><center>31</center></TD><TD><center>04.01.12</center></TD><TD><center>2</center></TD><TD><center>TMC</center></TD><TD><center>Dr Benjamin Tham</center></TD><TD><center>10.10.12</center> </TD></TR><TR><TD><center>10</center></TD><TD><center>Sharon_k</center></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD><center>2</center></TD><TD></TD><TD><center>Dr Douglas Ong</center></TD><TD><center>12.10.12</center> </TD></TR><TR><TD><center>11</center></TD><TD><center>airex</center></TD><TD><center>31</center></TD><TD></TD><TD><center>2</center></TD><TD><center>TMC</center></TD><TD><center>Dr Joycelyn Wong</center></TD><TD><center>12.10.12</center> </TD></TR><TR><TD><center>12</center></TD><TD><center>Coco Pops</center></TD><TD><center>26</center></TD><TD><center>06.01.12</center></TD><TD><center>1</center></TD><TD><center>KKH</center></TD><TD><center>Dr Tan Thiam Chye</center></TD><TD><center>12.10.12</center> </TD></TR><TR><TD><center>13</center></TD><TD><center>Njon </center></TD><TD></TD><TD><center>07.01.12</center></TD><TD><center>3</center></TD><TD><center>Gleneagles</center></TD><TD><center>Dr Chin YK</center></TD><TD><center>13.10.12</center> </TD></TR><TR><TD><center>14</center></TD><TD><center>zeezzen</center></TD><TD></TD><TD><center>11.01.12</center></TD><TD><center>2</center></TD><TD><center>Mt A</center></TD><TD><center>Dr Lim Teck Chye</center></TD><TD><center>15.10.12</center> </TD></TR><TR><TD><center>15</center></TD><TD><center>ynove</center></TD><TD><center>32</center></TD><TD><center>10.01.12</center></TD><TD><center>1</center></TD><TD><center>TMC or Mt E</center></TD><TD><center>Dr Adrian Tan</center></TD><TD><center>16.10.12</center> </TD></TR><TR><TD><center>16</center></TD><TD><center>ming8110</center></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD><center>2</center></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD><center>17</center></TD><TD><center>candizhu</center></TD><TD><center>32</center></TD><TD><center>13.01.12</center></TD><TD><center>1</center></TD><TD><center>TMC</center></TD><TD><center>Dr Adrian Woodworth</center></TD><TD><center>19.10.12</center> </TD></TR><TR><TD><center>18</center></TD><TD><center>Owlette</center></TD><TD></TD><TD><center>14.01.12</center></TD><TD><center>1</center></TD><TD><center>KKH</center></TD><TD></TD><TD><center>20.10.12</center> </TD></TR><TR><TD><center>19</center></TD><TD><center>Autumn</center></TD><TD></TD><TD><center>13.01.12</center></TD><TD><center>2</center></TD><TD><center>TMC</center></TD><TD><center>Dr Woo BH</center></TD><TD><center>26.10.12</center> </TD></TR><TR><TD></td></tr></table>

That's cos Dr Woodworth has got a looong queue waiting outside for him. I remember going to see him once 3 months before my wedding night - I told him I needed his advice on how to delay my period for a few weeks till after my honeymoon, and that I'm on the pill already, to get used to it. By then, I had a very long period and was bleeding for more than a week while waiting for my body to get used to the pill.

Without asking me any questions, he told me "let's just be sure" and made me take a test.

After I paid close to $100 (and peeing in a cup), I realised it was a pregnancy test.

Problem is, I was still a virgin before my wedding night
happy.gif
He didn't even ask me.

After waiting for 3 hours in the queue - he's very abrupt with consultation, less than 5 min, chop chop - I went home with none of my questions answered.

He told me to come back again to discuss how to delay my period, but of course I never went back after the bad experience. Why didn't he just advise me during that consultation? I don't know. Why did he make me take a pregnancy test before asking me whether I was a virgin? I don't know either!
happy.gif

I was actually on the hunt to commit to a good gynae who could take me through family planning, to women health problems, all the way to my future pregnancy, which was why I went to an OBGYN like Dr Woodsworth. And some more near my home mah.

Sorry, don't mean to diss anyone's choice of gynae - different people prefer different types of gynaes - but I though it's good to share my experience about this gynae.

can ask... u all

how come u all so expert one ar?

eg: LMP was jan 10++
then already settle which gynae, which hospital.

me and wife now bz goggling
reading
asking

but its quite fun la.

booked several maternity tour
earliest we got for TMC and MA = 24th March

ynove, keke.... i can understand how u feel.... to be frank, when i was seeing him for #1, he was like wat i mention, okie la... keke
cause after #1, my AF very haywired... then we are trying to conceive and my AF comes like 3 months once... when i went to him, i got another kind of treatment... he is not very keen on ppl seeking him for non-pregnancy i feel... end up i dun go to him and went to KKH for Dr John Tee... Dr Tee is sooo much better than him... he explains to me and ask me to start on clomid...
and like u, the reason i go to him is because he is near and his package is cheap.. hahahahaha

tis time round, i told hb to go back to him, since he charge cheaper mah and near... but hb say NO.. find another one... and we chose to see Dr Benjamin at TMC.. and its far de lo... tat's how much my hb dun like Adrian... :p

SnU, keke cause if u see the chart, mostly are having #2 liao mah... kekeke so mostly will go back to the same gynae... or more experience on some other stuff liao... hehe...

Enjoy the journey... its sure to be enjoyable and memorable..
happy.gif

SnU, im also having #1.
Jus dun read too much and listen too much as it ll confuse you more. Jus go to the gynae who is more convenient from your plc and gd recommendation from friends. Full stop.

Hope this helps abit.

Hi ladies, thanks for all your explanation! Sorry for late reply. Was so busy at work! Eyes almost close after lunch. Hehe.
There will b babyfair coming up next weekend at expo!
You girls can go fetch good deal!

SnU: wah so fast booked hospital tour! Hahaa! Must b too excited!

Hi Sharon, tks for your info.
This weekend also have a babyfair at expo!!!

BTW, issit too early for us to go and get something? Any suggestion?

little dragon, that's how much i don't like Woodsworth too! i went home that night and gave my hubby a earful on how bad the experience was. Well, i can see how pregnancy cases are more attractive for a gynae because it's more money in the long haul.

i started going to Dr Adrian Tan at TMC after a good friend recommended me - a mother of 4, all of them delivered by this gynae.

He's cheerful, friendly, patient, and most imptly, doesn't feed your anxiety. Very reassuring doc. Doesn't anyhow throw up red flags
happy.gif
Some more he asked me and my hubby about our lives - outside of the pregnancy!

oekmer, yes... still early to buy..
happy.gif

moreover June, there's gonna be Great Singapore Sale... and of course bb gender... and if u buy things now... hmm u gonna keep till Oct...
happy.gif

but i know what u can start to buy now.. hehe Maternity Wear....
happy.gif

ynove, lol... agree lo.... tat's why since hb say ok to travel all the way till TMC and to pay more.. then i just follow suit.. :p
hmm tink another reason why hb insist in not goin back is because i had a emergency c-sect after 9hrs plus and my girl came out w a big forcep mark on her face... he heart pain... kekeke
but one thing i must say about him.. his stitching skill is fantasic...
happy.gif

Hi Snu,

As little_dragon has mentioned, quite a few here are having the #2 so we kind of stayed with the gynae. When I had my #1, I only know I prefer female gynae and TMC. So it narrowed my search.. I agree that you should search gynae first before deciding on hospital. For my gynae, she can only be at TMC and mt a.

SnU, oh so what gynae have you decided on?

Oekmer and sharon, so early can go baby fair? Haha. is it a bit early ah?

Hey little dragon, you can update my age to 28.

By the way ladies, anyone started taking DHA? My sis, who is a biomedical student + dietician recommended it. So, in total I'm taking 2 prenatal vit (with folic acid) + 2 DHA capsules. How about you?

Anyone thinking of doing a natural drug free birth? or did it before?

ynove,
dunno yet leh.

as much as we do not want to tell all friends,
we only secretly text 2 closer pals

to ask for recommendations.
then cross ref for bad reviews on this forum lo.

my wife want guy
cos her logical is
male more gentle (cos they dunno how pain and will assume more pain )

as opposed to female docs,
(who have been thru the process and thus know the treshold is much higher)

does this logic goes well ?

Hi oekmer, haha i just wanna look look see see. Can grab diapers for my #1. No harm to see see n look look so u know what u need to get n deciding on the brands of bottles, steriliser, breastfeeding pump n etcs.... Can grab in june GSS esp robinson &amp; kiddy palace.
This weekend vendors not many. Next wk got 50 vendors i think.

Hi oekmer, haha i just wanna look look see see. Can grab Tdiapers for my #1. No harm to see see n look look so u know what u need to get n deciding on the brands of bottles, steriliser, breastfeeding pump n etcs.... Can grab in june GSS esp robinson &amp; kiddy palace.
This weekend vendors not many. Next wk got 50 vendors i think.

Snu: heard male gynae r more pro &amp; experienced esp stiching back the wound

Snu,

I dunno abt the logic.. May be true.. But my gynae has been great. She's pro natural and very gentle. So I'm comfortable with her since my #1.

Hi mommies,

Nice to join u all here!

1.nick: Wens
2.LMP: 28 Dec 2011
3.Expecting # baby : 2
4.Gynae: Dr. Choo Wan Ling
5.Hospital: Gleneagles
6.Age: 31
7.EDD: TBA

Just curious, do we have a FB group as well for Oct mommies 2012? Like to join if there is

Hi I m taking Folic acid 5 mcg , 2 Prenatal vlt from blackmore brand (but found it difficult to swallow). Doc prescribed 1 tablet of utrogestan (progesterone) as 'an tai' medicine - but warned me it may make me puke ...

Anyone taking elivit vit ? My gf from aust said it's great! I cudnt find it...

And anyone know if we can use hair removal cream eg veet?

Thanks caitlin, little dragon and mei Ziang for your info :)

Snu - I got my info from Internet ... Everything I want to know we just goggle ... After a few search u get the overview and terms ... Then look thru some d threads in this forum and others to get d local info ... Take it one week at a time ! Hope this helps

Coco_pops &amp; chocz, dont worry! Think postively! Am
Sure beanie will be much stronger this round.

My toddler girl just bumped hard onto my tummy! Ouch. I hope is fine man!

Any of the mummies went gynae at 5wks + and manage to detect sac? I didn manage to detect sac on my previous scan.
Kinda of worry. But hub was calm n cool tell me not to worry. If its yours is yours. Haish! I hope to see a sac next week scan.

Little dragon, u can update my detail- MT A, LMP - 13 jan, age - 24.

Do let me know if any of u open up a closed FB group account! Thanks in advance!!
happy.gif

Aww thanks Sharon!

I hope the lil one inside u is fine..
happy.gif

I wanna start drinking milk for mommies but not sure which brand is nice to drink..Any of u mommies got reccomendation?

Coco pops - I m only drinking d Meiji milk 1 cup a day ... Still battling with m/s and bad taste in mouth n constant nausea ;-)

Dear all,

Just test positive on 3 days before my due menses on 17 feb. This is my #2 baby. #1 is 26 months now. Went to see gynae today due to on n off cramp. Did not manage to see anything as doc say still early as only 4 weeks 3 days. Will be going bk in 2 weeks time. Hope everything is fine. Will update my details once I confirm everything.

Hi bitbit,
My #1 is same age as yours too! When's your expected EDD for #2? yes I hv on off cramps too but hvnt seen gynae yet! I was thinking of going 4wks later... shldnt be too late right?

Back