(2012/09) Sep 2012

Babyplus> I did not use it before but planning to do so this time. Planning to get a 2nd hand set if possible.
I dun rem seeing a spare machine at TB leh. Nvm see wat they say. My boss already gave green light to see dr as and when I need to. I think scan once a week is ok. My next appt is 17th leh I'm soo worried what's happening to the beanie now lor although last scan was ok. Just can't help it to have negative tots.

Hi mummies-to-be, sorry to interrupt,

Just sharing with you some of the items I'm letting go,

1. Preloved Tiny Love Take-Along Mobile, letting go at $25. Bought from Taka BB fair at $49.90. Music, soft toys animals are all in tip-top condition with no stain no tear & wear.
Product link: http://www.taime.com/tnv/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=1917

2. BNIB Pigeon Bottle and Baby Food Warmer, letting go at $25. It's brand new, received as gift but already had one.
Product link: http://www.pigeon.com.sg/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&category_id=28&product_id=120&Itemid=52

3. Preloved Baby Love nursing pillow, letting go at $18. Used less than 10 times, still in very good condition & the cover is machine washable.

PM or email to [email protected] for more info / pics if keen ya..

Littlecow, you wanna scan once a week and I wanna scan twice a week hahahaha Dr Fong got such patients like us he very lucky. Last visit I jokingly ask if he wanna issue me VVIP card cos of the amount I spent on him so far hahahah
BabyPlus my SIL was using for both her children and said was pretty good. Her children quite active also.

Hi Jojo,

My email address is [email protected] Thanks!

How's mummies? It's Friday tomorrow! The long awaited rest during the weekend. Anyone knows when is Taka BB fair happening?

Also, what sterilizer are you using? I had a Pigeon and Avent for my place and my mum's place but Avent was fused. I just checked and their new model is very space saving! Nice!

Little cow & cj u two really super kiasu! Hahhaa!! But body behave strangely today. I drink sooo much water but not much urine come out unlike previous drink abit have that frequent urination.
I really wonder where d water goes? Can't b baby drink it!???

Pigy, Bo pian pay abit $$ to ease the worries hahaha

Littlecow, got the answer Liao. Can skip consultation and let Elleen scan for us but scanning still the same price $75. Gynae say max 1 week scan twice cannot more than that if not also not healthy. I was hoping for 1/2 price ultrasound hahaha since using older machine.. Heehee will discuss with my hubby. As least skip the consultation can save $55 Liao

hi ladies, can i know why we have to scan so often like once or twice a week? sounds very serious... i asked my boss who is a mother of 4, she said she only scans about 4 times for each pregnancy - 3rd month, 5th month, 7th month & 9th month. such a huge difference? i'm so confused now hahahaha...

CJ - a little off topic here but saw ur fb pic that you have a Spitz? Wondering if your dog sense that you are pregnant?

I have a Westie and nowadays she's always sniffing around my stomach, all over from back to front like she's looking for something. Like she knows something's there
happy.gif

krazimitzi, if all is normal and fine, normally gynae visit is once a month until maybe the last 1.5 month to delivery then changed to twice a month.

Krazimitzi, in this world there is always a small % of extreme people and i just happened to be one of them heehee yah for normal and healthy pregnancy dont need scan so many times de. I just paranoid lah

Harrods, yup a spitz but he doesnt seems to know anything. Haha yours more sensitive bah? Smarter!

Littlecow, just had a scan..hb still there. Phew! But at e same time i suggest u dont try this method cos beside able to see e hb, Elleen unable to measure correctly for me the size and week. Wanna measure the hb rate also very difficult so in e end only see hb. Took quite long too. I am still happy with e outcome but unlikely will do this again haha

12bmom
U scoll up to the previous page posting on top u can
See the group chart
happy.gif

Agreed if pregnancy is smooth actually gynae only order to see us once a mth for check up n scans.. We are just been paranoid i guess..as i wish i have the scan at home n diy myself just to ensure everthing goes well

I think nobody has made such request before thus Eileen also not v certain how to operate the device.. Lol!
At least you get to see bb's hb.
happy.gif
your scan is on every tue at paragon right?
Can check how long do u normally wait to see dr? At TB sometimes can take 1 hour.

Littlecow, during my IUI she help me scan the womb thickness so I tot she shld be quite ok sigh.. Yah my appt is every tue at Paragon.. The wait also terrible one lah. If good an hour lor if crowded can be up to 2.5hr. I damn sway one always Appt full for the day do gotto walk in and end up walk in takes longer time lor.

Hihi

I had seen my bb hb yesterday but very weak hb.
Doc say only 10% survival rate.
Can I ask any mummies having weak bb hb?

Yun, you mean you heard the hb right? how 'weak' is your baby hb? Depending on how many weeks you are now. From week 6-7 onwards shld be ard above 100 bpm at least so if the margin is just a little off, its ok de, can catch up. Don't worry k.

hmm..actually what's the normal hb rate like? when i went for my first appt, only see the hb blinking then i'm very happy alrdy. doc also nvr said if its weak or normal. is it because it is done thru vaginal thats why he nvr say?

Hi all,

When I first "see" my bb heartbeat is at ard 6wks plus and can see something flickering on the screen. Doc din say anything, just said there isimprovement, as compared to the last visit two wks ago which is only a yolk sac. Make mi so happy. One week ltr, the scan shows that the heartbeat has stopped and have to go tru d&c to remove bb.
sad.gif

i manage to add yun & star in fb.

12bmon & zhuoen,
can't find both of you in fb. check your private setting.

when i first see and hear the hb...its was at 7 weeks...i asked gynae he said about 140 bpm.....then this week when i scan again can see that the hb is stronger n faster but i forget to ask the rate

yun, i think u stay positive first. when is ur next scan? maybe monitor see if it increases.

i also manage to hear bb's heartbeat thru v-scan. gynae said weak but never say much and said see me in 3 weeks time. look like he is positive about it.

Chew, this is an example table of a fetal heartbeat rate. It is good to know the rate to understand how baby is growing. If the beat is way below 100, the survival rate of the baby is very low but if it is just abit way off it is ok cos they can catch up. My bb hb rate is at 110bpm at 6 week+ and 144bpm at 7 week+ so as baby grow will slowly improve also. Next time you can ask your Gynae to let you listen the heartbeat and let you know the rate.

Starting at week 5 the fetal heart will accelerate at a rate of 3.3 beats per day for the next month.

The fetal heart begins to beat at approximately the same rate as the mothers, which is 80 to 85 bpm. Below illustrates the approximate fetal heart rate for weeks 5 to 9, assuming a starting rate of 80

Week 5 starts at 80 and ends at 103 bpm

Week 6 starts at 103 and ends at 126 bpm

Week 7 starts at 126 and ends at 149 bpm

Week 8 starts at 149 and ends at 172 bpm

At week 9 the fetal heartbeat tends to beat within a range of 155 to 195 bpm.

The fetal heart rate will begin to decrease and generally will fall within the range of 120 to 160 bpm by week 12. 

Hi krazimitzi
Nope my first gynae was from Raffles Hospital, but switched to KKH for #2 as my new company covers public hospital only. I search online and found v good reviews about Dr Han and so chose him. I was also amazed that he has 7 kids! So far only one consultation with him, and he is really nice. I will try to prolong the visit with him by asking him more questions at each visit=)

Hi Star
We have the same gynae=)

Any second / third time mummies who had c-section considering VBAC? It is a little too early, but I can't help thinking as I felt 'cheated' the first time for not being able to even try pushing..

Yun, don't give up hope yet. Maybe just beginning of the 6wek.. Strong hb also can stop, likewise weak hb also can improve. Your Gynae is quite blunt hor. Go scan again in a week's time, give baby some time to grow and catch up ya.

Hi yun, 6 weeks maybe still early to tell. When I had my first scan at 6w3d yesterday, the hb seen was very tiny n just a tiny flickering dot on the screen. My gynae didn't even say how much bpm, I also forget to ask. Don't worry the hb will definitely strengthen as time go on.

When is your next appointment? I hope is somewhere next week so that u can see the improvement in hb to ease your worries.

Hi sweet mummy, dr wee said I need to pass a pre-eclampsia assessment then i don't need to see 2 gynaes, cos he said my Bp condition seemed like has worsen compared to 2 years ago when I had my #1. I am going for the special assessment tomorrow but I had a feeling I won't be able to pass the test.
sad.gif

My next appointment with him on 15 feb. How about u?

Hi all.. This thread is really moving fast..

Im a new mummy too.. Based on own calculation, should be about 9wks along.. Just feel nauseous every now and then but no vomitting (thankfully).. However, sometimes the nausea feeling disappear for a day or two which makes me kinda worried over the well-being of my little one.. Cramps every now and then worries me too.. =(

How i wish I can go for scans everyday to make sure little one is ok inside.. *super paranoid*

I had a scan about 6wks+ at sgh & report says bb length about 7.3mm & hb rate @ 147bpm. From the screen, can see the little heart beating away very fast.. so cute
happy.gif
the only thing is can't hear any sound..

Hi wanwan,

Yes, we hv the same gynae. How do u find him?
Well, he is a joker, sometime don't when is true or not. But one thing good about him he helps you to save money and believe in natural birth. He don't encourage C-sect unless no choice. He was a senior & now promoted to Prof.

Where r u seeing him at KKH normal or private suite or AMK ?

R u in the fb, what is yr email?

Hi all,

Is it true we need to book the room early at TMC? If not when times come we may not get the room.

Hi Gan jiong daddy, thank you, i just acknowledged. Any link to go to the Facebook group?

7 weeks and still 5 more weeks to end of 1st trim.

Only slightly half way there. Ohhhhhhhhh...I wonder how I can last through work.

Back