(2012/08) Aug 2012

Hi mummies,
I'm May'12 mummy and have a mint condition cinch wrap to let go at $60, u may refer to product details at the link :

http://bebeavenue.com.sg/index.php?dispatch=products.view&product_id=89

The one I'm selling is with the pouch to put hot/cold pack. Size XS-M.

I personally have 2 cinch wraps and swear by it. I manage to regain a flat tummy within a month without Malay binding. Initially I planned for c-section so I bought the cinch wrap with the pouch. However my baby decided to arrive early and I delievered naturally so used another one without the pouch lend from my fren.

PM me if u are keen.

Oh wow I can't believe August mummies are popping already... This is so exciting looking fwd to hearing the birth stories.

IM 36 weeks preggers ....I'm quite small though but basis movements are really getting uncomfortable especially low down I have my next apt on Wednesday so lets see what the doc says... I hope im not early in due 4th August my number 1 was 1 week early so lets see. Ive packed my hospital bag but still feel I may need to add some things in. What have you all packed...

Ive got
Set of clothes for baby and me
Socks
Diposable undies, pads
Belly wrap bamboo one
Breast pads
Haven't packed my breast pump... Bottles
Moituriser lip balm...remember my lips were very dry last time.
Hmmm thats about all... What else ..

Hi mummies...

Sri > My edd is 20th Aug.. Gynae nv change it from the first day he told me the edd.. but somehow or rather I feel that this boy will come out earlier...

Aiyo looking at mummy who suddenly pop.. I am so scare now!!! I haven start washing the baby clothings... I start to pack last night liao.. went thru my checklist and left a few stuffs that can only put throw in last minute..

Bottles & pacifier- I intend to wash it first.. and sterilise when baby is back. I just remember I haven even wash the bottles that i packed into my luggage... haha that is with the pump. zzzz..

towels everything also haven wash! Aiyo i am talking to my boy to come out only in august. zzz

I dreamt that my waterbag burst! then i woke up a few times to check if my waterbag really burst! zzzz... haha scaring myself!

Hoho... Just went to scan. Little boy is now 2.4kg at this week 35
happy.gif
happy happy

hi mummies, been reading some of the birth accounts here... i'm a 2nd time mummy, and as of today i am 36w 4days. unlike my first pregnancy where i only started dilating after my contractions started, i had a VE on saturday and gynae found that i am already 1cm dilated. is this any indication that my baby is likely to be here soon?

how does the gynae know if we are dilating? I mean its like machine can tell or what is the thing that we tell the gynae which will trigger them to check if we have dilated?

JC > gynae will do a vaginal exam to check your cervix. he/she will tell you if your cervix has softened and if it has started dilating.

han,
did your gynae say anything after let u know u 1cm dilated ?
how many wks ur #1 born ?
think maybe u can prepare yourself already since u at 36w4days ?

J~A> she just told me that when my contractions start getting strong and regular, i should go to hospital. my #1 came at 37 weeks on the dot.

this pregnancy has been so different from my first though. for #1, there was no sign that labour was going to start except that maybe i had some loose bowel movements for a few days (sorry for TMI). cervix was closed right till the end! dunno what to expect this time round also.

han,
icic, standby mode for u now i suppose ?
yup every pregnancy is different. my gynae didnt do any VE to chk dilation during the routine check up.
for my #1, at wk 38 waterbag broke and i went to hospital and nurse chked and i m 2cm dilated and send me to delivery suite.

Thanks Han... cos I do hear mummies saying like they have dilated and needed bed rest etc.. then i am wondering how does the gynae know...

Mine also din check.. maybe becos only 34 weeks.. next monday going to visit him again and by then its 35 weeks... and now i m so looking forward to maternity leave.. so tired of working.

JC> icic... yep they usually start checking the cervix as part of routine checkup at 36 wks. my gynae did the VE but a friend's gynae did an ultrasound of the cervix. I suppose they can find out either way. Jiayou for the last few weeks of pregnancy...we are almost there!

Congrats to Kavy n dot!!!
First 2 mummies of the thread to pop! We've finally reached this final phase of pregnancy n gonna go on to a new phase of motherhood!

I'm at 34weeks plus, last fri seen gynae, bb at 2.7-2.8kg. First time in 6 months I can see bb's side view n gynae printed 3d shots for me! The past months can only see back of head, bb didn't move much. Counting down 14 days to c-sect date! Yet to pack hospital bag nor breat pump but started to wash bb stuff.

For first month celebs, I'm gonna do 2 sessions. First session with closest friends n relatives, dimsum buffet. Anyone visited Lao Beijing, zhou's kitchen, tung lok seafood at orchard central or u hv other recommendations? Second session will cater simple food at my place, any recommendations for caterer? I checked out function room rates, too ex! TIA!

Han im also 36 weeks preferred 36 week and 2 days going for my checkup on Wednesday.... Been feeling pretty nauseous and having headaches... Can't sleep well cos find it a little difficult to breathe.

As for dilation... Some women Start dilating a few weeks before actually delivering so you may still have time but best to stay prepared. Good luck!

han > Thanks.. ya boy.. we are going to reach another beginning soon... dunno how life is going to be... Looking forward yet afraid... haha..

sashamama : I feel that four seasons catering the food is not bad...

Werid, my gynae never do ultrasound or cervix check at my week 36. Only the strep b test. Then she only press my tummy till quite pain and tell me not low yet so got a few weeks to go......

i am at wk36 too and is feeling rather uncomfortable. waddling when walking, feel extremely tough to flip on bed.
Aug moms popping! Just started packing hospital bag. My hubs is still travelling for work....

V area is tight and groin uncomfortable too....hope i can tahan a little longer. Baby weigh 2.8kg at week 35.

hazel,
think from scan they can tell baby not v low so dont need to do cervix check yet?
for my #1 gynea didnt do also and my baby was overdue...from scan can see he engaged but still high up
happy.gif

Different gynae is different. Some don't like to disturb the cervix till full term (37 weeks) so they don't usually check cervix unless contractions started. Cos maybe if nothing wrong, u go disturb it, then labour starts?

But for some, no contractions, cervix will also start dilating. For my #1, I was 2cm dilated at 37+weeks although no contractions.

I'm at week 37, but gynae nvr press my tummy and I told to go back to see gynae 2 weeks later which is wk 39 only. Like so faraway.. Nvr check cervix - good! I scared of unnnecessary pain. Down there don't feel tight...

Reading from books and attending talks, it is common for us to dilate up to 3cm without noticing any symptoms in the 3rd trimester. So no worries if we start dilating now.

Oh and my last visit to gynae, I asked about CTG, he say he normally don't do as my pregnancy is normal and bb is healthy, so much use doing.

Sashamama: Can compare the price? If new set, most should come with the same accessories and stuff.

Oh yes, star is right, Infact I came back from Gynae today n I m dilated 2cm already, 35 weeks tomorrow.. I ask to check cos my no.1 I dilated at 32 weeks and induce to give birth at 36 weeks due to water bag leak.. So roughly i guess I also shld have dilated, and I m right.. Now on bed rest till next week and given med to stop contractions.. Cos Gynae dun want bb come before 36 weeks.. But little girl is at good weight, around 2.9 kg already..

Hazel - what is strep B test? Hw is it done? Is it to test for yeast infection? I remember for my #1 had bad cramps. Went for 36 wks checkup & was put under CTG. Confirm its contractions. But I was told to insert a pill into my Vagina to get rid of yeast infection. It can affect my baby if I were to give birth naturally.

Btw mummies, can we request for ultrascan instead of VE to check for dilation? I hate it when gynae perform VE. Painful la. Heee.

My #1 is by c-sect. If #2 I wanna try normal labour, is it called VBAC? Btw, I think I gt problem with dilation. For #1 I induced, took me 14 hrs plus & I dilate only 7cm. Ended up c-sect cz gynae already broke my waterbag to expedite the dilation. I worried this time round, I'll face the same situation. =(

Clim - I was on epi after enduring 8 hrs of contraction pain. After 14 hrs, dilate so slow n had to c-sect. So they juz increase the epi dosage. Thruout the OP i dun feel any pain & get to see my baby face immediately! If GA meaning u slp thruout the OP rite?

Sri Leo: Strep B is not yeast infection. You can read this link for more info http://americanpregnancy.org/pregnancycomplications/groupbstrepinfection.html. I don't think think ultrasound can see how far your are dilated. Can only use to see cervix length. Some mummies here say try to relax and it won't be so painful but I guess part of it also depend how gentle your gynae is ba. On VBAC, you got it correct. To expedite/add in dilation, try to sit upright, stand or walk when you are in labour, gravity will help with the bb head pressing more on your cervix hence helping with the dilation. Because you need to stand or walk around, it is recommended you don't have epi else your lower body might not have the strength to carry your body weight. Some theory also says that having epi slows down the dilation cos mummies might get too comfortable.

strep b not painful. only poke in time will feel some discomfort. in out v fast. i did in w36 =)

officially on leave ler =)

shashamama,
think leng leng spree wont be in time...normally takes bout 4 weeks
can only see 2 links...seem like agape cheaper at $425comparing with megababystore Medela Pump In Style Advanced Metro Bag $480?
are you planning to bf when u r back at work or u be a SAHM?
My frends who have tried both recommended the freestyle instead cos it is more portable

counting down now... my hubby keeps telling the little one to come out 9th Aug.. i din know he is so patriotic. WAHAHAHA! I mean my husband

Ayukie: That's my anniversary, actually was hoping bb would arrive on that date as well.. haha

I also want to be on leave cos very sian to come work in the morning but at home also nothing to do...

Ayukie,
talk to baby
happy.gif

just submit my leave plan, will start ML on date of delivery. my hb ask me work til delivery, he say i at home too free anyhow think :p

I think if I got enough leave i would have start my rest from 1st august onwards... so sian to go to work.. would b sleeping away and watch tv away man. haha!

JC,
yes, i also dont cook, so lunch is a problem too. lucky no need take public transport to and fro. so quite ok, quite relax at work too, not so bad. save the leave heheee

not easy to squeeze nowadays so crowded and the reserved seats always get abused and pple dont give up seats for preggy. at 3rd tri, we really need the seats to rest.

I am left with only 4 days for this year and dun intend to take it if can.. Took quite a bit to rest on and off and also because of my previous toothache.. damn sian. then MC left with 2 days. Fell sick a lot during trim 1...

JA, heng u no need to take public transport lor... i have to and now my boss is as emo as me.. i just hope for this remaining 1 month to be trouble free. very sian to come to work and keep wondering what is her mood today.

Back