(2012/08) Aug 2012

Morning mummies! i have been getting tightening of the belly - and i dont know if it is BH. I felt it once about 2 days ago, and then yday it become more frequent, but never regular. they say BH hardens the WHOLE tummy, not just the bottm. Mine hardens the bottem and centre, but the top part (where BBWong says to touch to see if your baby is in good mood) is still soft.

is this BH? or just baby moving, and cos of lack of space she might have max out the space in that area and made my belly hard?

and yday i felt her move almost the whole day non stop! plus the "dunno if its BH contractions" i am getting worried cos the hubs is not back till tmr, and i have not gotten ANYTHING ready.

i am only week 33 - cant be that early right?? :-(

Dot,
Congrats to your new bundle of joy !! Rest well and take care & Share with us your birth story
happy.gif

Ling,
My bb is v active and keep somersaulting and kicking. I also can't differentiate BH and tightening of the belly...Bb head not engaged yet and gynae say lots of space for bb to move ard. I am week 33 today. Last night couldn't sleep due to frequent toilet visits every 2 hrs, felt so paranoid afraid water bag break. Just washed batch 1 of bb clothes, getting anxious already...

Hi J-A, me too! my baby's head is already down abt 3 weeks ago, my appt last week her head still down. and yesterday after the "dunno is it BH", i kinda feel that the lower part of my belly feels heavy, and i also feel a bit swollen below at the V area. SO WORRIED baby will decide to come 4 weeks early, i will really faint seriously.

i guess the movement is normal, but this contraction thingy is confusing me lah!

Dot,

Congrats. Take care and rest well. Have a wonderful motherhood ahead. Do share with us ur wonderful experience.

JA/ Ling, maybe u can try monitor the frequency 1st. And can call up the gynae for some advice. And take note if there are any other sign or not 1st.

JC - My HB also into soccer/football thingy... Nvr wait for my HB. I tend to do things myself...and when HB saw me busy cleaning, washing & preparing for our #2, he automatically help me with the chores. This is called reverse psychology. HeHeHe!!

Btw when is ur EDD?

==================================================

I haven't buy pacifier, bolster & pillow... Haven't prepare hosp bag! And I dunno when shld I take Maternity Leave...

Star, she went for her off today so yesterday nite have a quick word with her and reminded her that next time anything spoil gotta inform me.

Dot, so early? Congrats and rest well!

Ling, if not sure can go to gynae and do CTG to check if it's contractions.

As this is my #1, I also don't know how to differentiate. Instead of stressing over it, decide to let nature take its course, when I pain until cannot stand already then it should be the date ba. Haha

Reading abt dot popping already, when ytd I just sort out the bb clothes to be washed. Suddenly feel like time is really short le, and I haven started on packing..haha

Thanks, ladies.

My EDD was 5 August, so my girl is 4 weeks early.

Although this is my #2, I was also not sure what contractions feel like as my water bag burst for #1. So was googling and asking around on FB what contractions are as I felt a lot of cramping like menses, coming at between 5 - 10 min intervals. But this was not companies by hardening of the tummy. The hardening I felt was more like my girl doing yoga.

So I called the clinic and was asked to go down or CTG monitoring. When they monitored me, no contractions were detected, so I was sent home. They said contractions should be whole tummy cramp (not just bottom bit like I was feeling), and whole tummy hard. But also ask me to monitor for show (bleeding) and amniotic fluid.

The rest of the day, I kept getting cramps on a fairly regular basis so I tried to rest and ignore. After dinner, the pain got a little bit more intense, and I also started getting backache during the cramps. The cramps got progressively more painful, but still only stayed in the lower region, and did not include any tummy hardening. At 12+, I felt like I needed pain killers, and was about to ask my hubby to bring me to the hospital again, when I noticed I had some bleeding, so off to the hospital we went. By this time, I really wanted pain medication, but was already 8cm dilated, so could only use laughing gas. Delivered less than 50mins after getting to the hospital.

Because I was under the assumption that I was experiencing cramps, I managed to ber with the pain. It was most painful at the hospital, but that could be because I was depending on the gas and did not try very hard to bear with the pain anymore.

I had kind of packed my hospital bag, but it was not complete. But not to worry, can always send hubby to get things hen he goes back.

dot: Wow, it's proves that mind can play a very big part with pain management. In that sense maybe ignorant is bliss since you don't know that is really contractions so you don't put too much focus on it. Hopefully it can be the same as mine. Hehehe

Dot - Congrats!! And it was a short labour.. Rest well ya!
happy.gif

====================================================

EDD - I checked internet (babycenter) my EDD shld be 10 Aug 2012, 35 weeks pregnant same date as wat the GP gave.

When I went for my 1st checkup, I was told my EDD is 21st Aug. Then at 6 months, the changed it to 16 Aug. My last checkup (33 wks), gynae said she hoping I'll deliver at 38wks!

Which due date is the most accurate?

Ling/Hazel,
Perhaps bb is training me to endure the contractions heehee. Took out the antenatal course notes to read to refresh.

Dot,
Thks for sharing your birth story ! Your labour is really so fast !
My #1 also water bag broke. What's the labour time for your #1 ?

Hi all,

I was supposed to be an Aug Mum like Dot too...My EDD is 03 Aug. But my bb decided to b 5wks earlier on 4July and only 35weeks when delivered...

I was so unprepared...hospital bag was half packed as i always think that i still hv time to do so much things :p

Everything happened so fast..hah..like no time to react when my waterbag burst..but I still managed to shower..lucky happened at late nite..not so much traffic to Thomson Medical..

Just to take note, I think 1-bedded and 2-bedded rooms are very popular..it was all taken up when I was admitted. So be prepared that they may temporary put u in 4-bedded.

Wah, i was at 37 weeks aldy but I still laz around and hasn't do any packing of my hospital bag and wash bb clothes. Now a bit kang Jong. Still have 3 more weeks before my EDD. Not sure will my bb wan to come out earlier or not. But my gynae has confirm that I still have a few weeks at last week check up. Like to check will 1st pregnancy be usually a bit later or earlier? Cos has been hearing 1st pregnancy will always be a bit earlier so not sure.

Dot, I think like starfantasy mentioned ignorant is a bliss. And I always believe mind power can over come a lot of things.

JA, my ex colleague tell me she also natural without epi as she manage to use the breathing techni and mind power to over come the pain. I wish I can do that too when my turn.

Hazel: what I heard is that for #1, bb usually come early. But my colleague bb arrive 1 day before edd and hubby colleague's bb arrive 2 weeks before. But i have also heard some #1 come later than edd. Actually the antenatal class I went to advise to ready hospital bag by wk 36, so maybe you should really get packing? :D

Ya, I think I better get the bag ready by this week. Dunno will I kw wat is contraction or not. Ha ha... Cos still not so sure. Only kw it like menses cramps. Actually, I still happily planning to go for one last bb stuffs shopping at the taka and expo the next coming week. LOL...

congrats to all who've popped! rest well! =D

went for my w36 chkup last fri & bb is at 2.4 =) gynae didnt mention small or big, just avg. only thing that make me feel panicky is that she say bb is v v low lying! do standby & rest well ok!nw i start to panic. hahaha.. hvn bought bb clothings yet =x prob will go buy by this thurs or fri!

those who haven packed anything like me, its time to get ur butts moving! i bought bb stuffs only like 1wk+ ago, nw left with bb clothings. probably getting by this week? n hospital bag! faster pack! ive alr done my pre-admission registration! went for my w36 chkup last fri & bb is at 2.4 =) gynae didnt mention small or big, just avg. only thing that make me feel panicky is that she say bb is v v low lying! do standby & rest well ok! nw i start to panic. hahaha..

anyone bought avent pump?

those who've got bb stuffs ready, the bottles pacifiers etc, hv u all sterilized it or not yet?

LouiseLS - I can't clench. But mine the pain is on both ring fingers. Painful tt I dun wear any ring except for my wedding band. Maybe too tight already. Hehe. And at night I tend to remove any accessories n do some finger exercise.

I have the same feeeling that tis bab gg to report rather early this round. my thummy seem to be quite low. tmr will go check up, hopes bb head go down n placenta move up. Else have to ren ming and seek a date. Still thinking of Ga or epidural if csec. Which will u normally opt for.

Having slight cough now. Seem to be v heaty.

congrats dot ...

well was admitted to hosp last fri but luckily able to get out after having lunch .. has to do the scan and all gt some contractions but nt v close interval so nw back on prostegen haha

Hazel,
my #1, i was expecting full term(EDD) as my colls who delivered before me both induced at wk 40 but my bb decided to come earlier at wk 38. really depends on bb when they want to arrive and meet us
happy.gif

u wk 37 already considered full term, can pack and prepare everything.

i also hope to go to the taka and expo fair for some last minute shopping although there is nothing on my shopping list already, just go look see look see..

Dot, i am trying not to take epi this time too.. Hopefully can be as lucky as you to dilate when i reach hospital.. hee..

Congrats Dots!

Wow you are early! My hb's colleague too just pop too same EDD as me and her water bag burst on Saturday!

Now i am getting Kan cheong! Must pack bag!

Mummies is it if bb head down means there's a chance we are gonna deliver earlier?
I'm 34 weeks and gynae told me that bb head down since last 3 visit yet I didn't know until today's visit -.-"

Ej, bb position must be low enough then chances of deliver is higher. My gynae tell me bb head down before week 32 but last week my visit with her, she still tell me got a few more weeks as it was not low yet.

my bb is head down @ week 32 but the thing is i need to make sure his back is not lying on my back otherwise will have problem coming out. So everytime time talked to him u be good and make sure ur back is facing my tummy.

Hello mummies, congrats to all who popped... =)

Went to see my gynae last Wed, i'm 33 weeks then. my boy head down already and he mentioned, bb head is very low. I wonder what it means. Anyway, I've been feeling sharp pain in V every now and then. since few weeks back. sat evening, had some contractions for 2h then went off.. now hubby and i also kan chiong cos alot of things not yet done. Going to start packing and unpacking this weekend in case he decides to come out early.. This is my second child and heard alot from friends about how early and fast the labour will be. Need to start packing my bag and another bag for my older boy...

louise: I have been having pain at the finger joints every morning for a good few weeks, cannot clench at all in the morning when I just wake up. Only slowly through the day until night then fingers are more flexible. I guess it is normal, like swollen legs, just stretch your hands and fingers more.

clim: if you gg for csect, i think opt for epi better because you are still awake and bb can have skin to skin contact asap. GA i think you'd be knock out for a good few hours.

Cheri,
also heard a lot fr others that #2 will be earlier and labour time faster too..
i have started to wash baby clothes and told hb to start washing the bottles, pump parts, car seat, rocker, playmat, etc etc...hospital bag more or less pack but not urgent as hb will go home everyday..

My gynae nv say whether the head is low or not. I do feel lower adominal pain but usually in e middle of e night.

So lazy to pack hospital bag. Havent even buy disposable panties n maternity pads.

May I ask what brand of maternity pads u all got? My gf ask me to go for sofy 41cm. Any other recommendations?

Wow, seeing all the early birth stories here make me nervous though my #1 was delivered only at 41 weeks!
Now starting to wash bb stuff batch by batch and preparing the hospital bag.
Hopefully #2 comes out on the date as planned.

Ej, Sofy is good and if you are going for natural birth best to get those cottony surface rather than the dry mesh ones cos in case stitches get hooked will be quite painful.

ej: I got one pack of maternity pads from kiddy palace and another laurier F heavy night (34CM). Love laurier F and have been using for years because for other brands in the past, I get rashes but since I changed to laurier F, no more. It actually like the merries diaper, very breathable and minuimal rubbing. :p

jmmabb, i haven't done any of those.. cos thgt 33 weeks still early leh.. until gynae commented head is very low.. today, my cot delivery later...

my bb is 2.1kg at 33 weeks, think normal weight. hopefully not too big at birth also..

Re: maternity pad
I think I will buy after i give birth. haha.. By the way, are those laurier and sofy for maternity or just normal pads that are exceptionally long? I think I used Pureen the last time cos also soft and thick enough.

I also hasn't buy disposable panties & pads.

Plan to use the whisper one which I have left over. But maybe buy some sofy to standby also good.

BTW, where to get the disposable panties? I rem someone mention guardian or watson that time. But not sure.

Has been having pain at left side of my back and down including a bit sharp pain at v. Then stomach not feeling well too, tired, bodyache and sleepy. A bit like my old time, pre menses symptoms.

But bb has been moving, and tummy only harden after meal or once a while. Has been telling myself, should be alrite. Maybe is the flu that causes all these.

This morning hb very funny, he also a bit panic mood. Then he scare when I really going deliver and he is busy at work and didn't mange to pick up my call & ask me to SMS him instead. Then he ask me to set a default SMS in my hp. But the thing is iPhone can't save a draft SMS. LOL.....

ej,
bought pureen maternity pad and sofy 35cm pad

cheri,
also tot quite early, plan to wash ard wk 34, then yesterday saw dot delivered then i panic a bit so wash 1 batch of clothes, the rest also havent started. i guess better to be prepared earlier heee..my bb is small only 1.6kg at wk 32+ (gynae say shd be ard 2kg) so hopefully can stay longer in hotel womb. my #1 is born at wk 38 so i think can standby anytime fr wk 36..

Hazel Nutty, disposable panties, u can get from guardian/watsons, remember to buy those cotton type, more ex but what matters most is they are comfortable.

jmmabb, ya.. so early.. i need to start washing stuff... haha.. i also hope mine will stay till august leh.. my hb is super busy during this period including weekends.. so he more scared than me if bb decides to come out early.. haha.. my #1 induced at week 38 and was 2cm dilated before induction..

Wow! This week starting to hear 'popping' news! Congrats! *Excited*

Managed to do a bit of cleaning (rocking chair/baby cot) and did last round of baby clothes washing.. Haven't pack hospital bag, wash and sterilize my pump parts though..think I better get these done this week... start to get a bit panicky liao..

For sanitary pads I bought those Sofy 41cm normal one. Bought quite a lot during my pregnancy so still got tons of them left. I do agree that 41cm may be a bit too long. Probably around 35cm will do the trick if the flow is not heavy, especially towards the later weeks..

For disposable panties I found those sold in Watsons/Guardian are not 'big' enough? I bought those meant for 'maternity' type from lingerie shop. Can also get from Sorella counter in department store. They are more expensive but definitely more comfortable than the normal disposable panties...

I guess it really depends on baby when he/she choose to come meet us?
happy.gif
My #1 waterbag broke in the middle of night at week 35 (which is the week I'm in now..scared..), my #2 decided to stay in me till 3 days over due.. haha.. so it's very hard to predict, really...

Cheri & Ninger, thanks for the advise. Will go check it out today or tml after my check up. Better to standby at my hospital bag now. Just in case, I have to go hospital alone can grab and go. Ha ha....

Thanks for all the feedback on the pads. Think I'll get the 41cm sofy for heavy flow at the beginning then switch to shorter ones when it's not so heavy.

Did u all buy the underpads from guardian to protect the mattress? If not any other brands ur using?

See quite a few mummies popping in week 36 and 37. So exciting.

Back