(2012/07) Jul 2012

Liligal, so weird. Worry seem tommee tippee warmer not so popular compare to pigeon and avent.

I intend to standby a tin of enfalac milk powder as well. What the smallest size? The one I saw is 900g.

tea, i think enfalac smallest is about there. very exp for 900g right? yah i never used TT warmer before cos i had the pigeon multi-function sterilizer which can warm also. that one sure can fit anything so never had to think abt warmer until recently i was thinking of changing from that sterilizer to a normal avent one. but after surveying then realized not so easy to fit tommy tippee which we still hv a lot of bottles in store.

btw, jus use my comments as reference k? best to see which suits u and bb best. it's good to experiment a bit. part of motherhood.
happy.gif

laura, liligal,
thanks for your advise on the coconut. my mission failed. i tried to open using normal knife (i dont hv cleaver at home) but cannot. dont know what coconut my hubby bought. very very the hard. he couldnt open too. he said he will buy again tmr but i told him i rather go foodcourt and buy liao!

liligal,
enfalac very very the ex leh! dont think my hubby will want to buy this. previously we gave my boy friso but i dont really like this as it creates a lot of bubbles when shaking the powder. i know enfalac does not hv bubbles when doing so. i'm thinking how to convince him to change to other brand.

cherish, yah i also find it very ex. no wonder only docs can afford! hahaha. worse is since must throw after 1 mth once opened and we try to BF most of the time, it's very sim tiah to throw later. so i also used some of it to quickly bake bread! but still hv to throw most. my milk very non-fatty evn tho it's super hind milk oredi... dunno why and my #1 is the wun grow fat but flabby type. so i try to get most fatty milk i can find.

i just ate porridge and now feel like vomiting!!! aaahhhh... when will this end?!

Cherish thx ah. W the heartburn n burping can't sleep! Must tong till the end..... Hopefully soon.

Btw I think I rather buy cleaver cos got use next time. N coconuts r only $1 in supermarts n fresh. Food court much much more than that.

Coconut. Those from supermarket has cutting marks Liao. Just follow the marks n chop a few more times n u can drink already. This is how my hb will do it for me. Now my helper is an expert, she opens all the coconuts for me.

Formula milk. My #1 has been drinking Enfa since day 1 (partial formula n partial breast milk cos I hv insufficient supply for her). So most likely #2 will follow.

Day time sleep too much heehee.... Going to try sleeping now. Goodnight.

morn gals, I m on hosp leave for 2 weeks. Fri I almost totally black out, luckily I bang on colleague behind me n a mess of boxes....my right back got blueblack nw. My V area damn pain lo! Gynae said to give me MC, told him I got no more, unless take HL, he gave n ask me hw long, I ask him hw long I see him, he said weeks cos he nt in mah....I went huh n he said he give me 3 weeks, I said too long. So he gave 2 wks.

My maid is here ytd n we went n run errands, buy her mattress n eat dnr. N I got prob walking to toilet ald, my legs so sore!I m literally lying on my bed using laptop nw....trying to do up a schedule for her but can't!

The one I gave her is in english n so wordy...she dun know hw to read....

Orhh thanks lil gal! Now I see. Err abt coconut which week can start to drink. I'm only at my 32 weeks prob can't start yet - I'm longing for cool coconut drink- heheehee...

good morning everyone! it's a monday!
about the fair: pampers diapers were all sold out, nb size. thought they should limit the no. per day and not sell everything right on the 1st day! anyway, i ended up with goon diapers (supposedly better?), hopefully it's gentle on bb's skin. =)
when can we start drinking coconut? i just finished week 33. starting on 34th week this week. can i drink already? i love coconut!

morning mommies!!

mummylee,
i think goon should be good too, it's made in japan right?
happy.gif

i jialat. had a dream last nite which i had early delivery. i was in the op threatre and telling my gynae no need to call anyone in as hubby was overseas and i came register myself alone. quite scary feeling! hope it won't come true. praying hard.

Hi Ladies,

Hope its alright for me to join you all. I used to be an avid follower of SMO (under a different nick) but for this pregnancy took it quieter and stalk the thread now and then instead :p. I am due mid July and am hoping the little one bakes till then.

Seems like this thread moves really quickly too. Hope everyone is doing well.

Laura,
hubby bought from esso and i didnt see any marking there.

rer-rer,
how are u now? feeling better liao? rest well.
btw, thot ur maid is filipino? they should understand english right? slowly slowly draft ur schedule.

lili_gal, u r making me worried....I bought a Tommie Tippie sterilizer but I haven't test the bottles if they fit....if not I'll just use the NUK bottles ba....

tea, yup seems like Tommie Tippie is q well received in UK but in sg like most mummies still prefer Avent or Pigeon over this brand....

mummylee, I didn't managed to grab any pampers at the motherhood fair too! Ended up buying goo.n diapers, this time I bought 4 packs of S size and with what I got from the feb bb fair, I have a total of 8 packs. Let's hope that my bb will love this brand until I find a better promotion for diapers. :p
I've started to drink coconut when I was in week 32....abt once or twice per week, guess the frequency will increase closer to the EDD....

gd morning all,

hope everyone is feeling okay this week. aft my that saga bed-wetting last week u all stock the undersheet ler ma?

all along i dun eat durians, ytd sis bought n ask me try one seed, i took damn long to finish one seed.. 1hr+ ltr i felt water dripping dwn frm nose, 流鼻血! HAHAHHAHAHHAAAA~~~

my #1 was normal induced at 36wks, nw #2 i was tinkin go c-sec or normal? if c-sec if 先甜后苦,normal 先苦后甜. but if normal i bueh tahan again like prv dong 10+hr thn take epidural how? if c-sec also got epidural used right? cos my body not v strong will keep ache de, i dun wan trigger it more.

my maid rchin sg tdy loh, thn aft the procedures all i gg send her to nation hQ training 5days? thn weekends than pick her up. nw i headache, nobody at hm guide her.. hahahhahahaha.. how she gg to start wrking? tell her, ok u do what u tink u should do. i see u at 530 whn i off work. than see how she kio my house? LOL!

rer-rer, are you anemic? When are you due? Better take care wor. Now on HL you shouldn't be walking ard too much right?

mummylee, many pple complained abt how pampers handled their sales this time rd. Very badly managed. I managed to get the nb ones cos I was there on Thurs evening before closing time and they allowed me to buy their replenished stock meant for Friday. Hehhe ... so I'm the few who benefited from their poor management.

The coconut I bought from NTUC altho have markings at the top but I still find it hard to open it completely. I kept toppling the coconut over and wasted like half the juice inside... I pref to drink my coconut at restaurants or along little India.

I've heard many good reviews on Tommee Tippee bottles... but very mafan to buy bottles that do not fit your breastpumps right? I bought mainly medela and avent bottles cos I'll be using medela free-style and avent manual pump. If you express your milk and have to transfer to another type of bottle to feed, wouldn't that increase the probability of introducing bacteria into your milk?

morning mummies..

Anyone had food poisoning during this last tri? Can I check if doc prescribed lomotil (diarrhea) & dhacopan (tummy pain) for u all to take and if it's safe to do so? My gynae like very bz no reply. And my tummy pain is very jialat bit thank god it's not contraction ... But need to eat something to stop the pain so just wanna be sure

Sigh ... after resisting durian for so many months, I also finally succumbed to it last nite... Durians are too good!!! Now I feel so guilty cos I already gained so much weight and I have already confirmed that not all the weight is on my baby cos baby only 2kg!!

bhoo: ya, you're one of the lucky few. anyway, when i went on sat, a lady told me that each person limited to only a pack (S,M & other sizes). i was thinking, queue up for so long and only can buy 2 packs each (since my hubby and i were queueing).. doesnt make sense!
anyway, ya.. regarding goo.n diapers, i've read/heard good reviews.. that their diapers are thin yet absorbent! so can't wait to try!

oh man! can drink coconut already?!?! so happy! i'll get a cup during lunch! =)

mummies: if you've completed with week 33, and starting 34th week. how many weeks are you?

bhoo: envy u like durians, i cannot eat leh. since teen days i dun take liaosh =( last nite sis ask me eat at least one seed gd for bb blahblah n u all all say can help bb gain weight all i took one seed nia nose bleed. =x

marie: ur there nearby got CK? if u buying S-sized pampers CK got promo until 10 or 15th June $13.50!!! aft. the promo will b bk to $18.95.. The NB Pampers 24s selling at 47.50. =)

good morning mummies! i am so sleepy and it is such a good weather to sleep in!!

i bought the coconuts from ntuc but i have not eat it yet! it is best to start from 9th mth onwards..

haha then stupid me buy 15 per pack at the motherhood fair for S size diapers, better dont let my hubby know haha after q-ing so long and lugging back and more expensive

di, are you having diarrhoea? Better not self medicate. Go to GP. Most GP should know what medications are safe for preggers.

mummylee, there are very good reviews for goon... the only thing is that it is very ex and not easily available in Singapore. I wanted to buy Goon to try too cos it's really a lot cheaper at the fair but I was already lugging ard 6 packs of pampers and many many wet wipes and pigeon pdts. Car boot packed to the max! Anyway, there's going to be the fair again in Aug/Sep. Always another chance for those missed deals =)

Rykiel, durians not good for preggers lei ... very high in sugar! But you so skinny can afford to eat more lar. Hehehe ... I've gained too much weight already so really should refrain from eating durians.

bhoo: haha...no choice...diapers very expensive...I've a friend's daughter when she was new born had to change 12 diapers a day cos baby was so sensitive to pee and poo

Cherish, my maid is fr myannmar de. Eng she can understand but read no... She is quite zhi dong. She likes my boy alot, always admire him when he zzzz

Marie: Yar lor. Not just diapers expensive. Wet wipes, milk bottles, washing detergent, etc etc ... It's a good business to be in.

rer-rer,
u may want to go thru the schedule with her. explain to her then let her note down in her language so she can remember. i did this with my maid. she wrote malay besides the english words. mine still not very zhi dong. need to always remind her. dont know if she's forgetful or not. i'm closing one eye now so that i wont get frustrated. hahah. yesterday was complaining to my hubby why she does things this way. then hubby said if i see her cooks, i confirm faint. Then told hubby that's why i dont want to step into kitchen when she's cooking! LOL.

yeah generally consumables in the long run is heavy duty man phew...infant formula is also another siong item!

i didnt want to try goon and nepia for newborn haha i scared difficult to find places to buy hence i will stick with pampers which is going to be given by Mount A also.

linggie,
Mount A gives pampers? When i had #1, they were using huggies though.

Motherhood fair - I also just managed to get 2 sets of Small size pampers, NB size were oos.

Maid - Mummies, any recommendations for maid agencies? might need to source for a maid soon, before back to FTWM next yr hehe

rer-rer, at least u finally get to rest! take it as a blessing in a way. as long as both you and bb are healthy.

sblbee, the sterilizer should be ok. it's the warmer. but come to think of it maybe the design is like that i.e. stuck at the beginning of the teat cover but we jus found it weird lah.

cherish, yah.. now that u hv a cook, u can buy cleaver!!! hahaha.. anyway, i went to check my botak coconuts. yah...at the bottom got cut liao. so silly! just use normal knife to cut around it can oredi. for the non-botak coconut i.e. Msia ones, have to use cleaver i think.

today i practically no voice. sore throat and cough. i think it's the aircon. think i'll not let bb #2 sleep in air con for a while. so PD is right after all. poor boy. he's on school hols (preschool also got hols) and both of us are down and can't bring him out. he's really not very happy tat we are sick lor and kp asking us to get well. so poor thing.

linggie, confirm Mt A gives huggies S size not pampers. Pampers too ex liao. Heh.

I think infant formula is confirm the most ex item. That's why hoping can fully bf.

lili_gal, must take care...

I discussed with some of my frens and they also think that it's best to not let bb sleep in aircon room especially if baby is going to share room with confinement nanny. Cos dunno how healthy confinement nanny is.

bhoo: yup, having diarrhea, food poisoning.. Had went to GP but the doc like very slack and dun care kind so just wanted to check if the meds she gave is safe for preg women. Anyway I decided not to eat any meds & let it subside on it's own..

hello mummies..
seems like many mummies r falling sick!! pls haf ample of rest n drink more water..
the weather is seriously suck recently..
i can perspire just walking for 5mins n i feel my hair is wet with perspire liao(i got short hair) so yeah haf lots of rest n take good care!!! dun overwork n overstress urself..

anyway i really bought lotsa of stuff on saturday at expo fair..
i posted in my FB..so those mummies in my fb can see what i bought..
went to bought PUKU pillow set,PUKU milk container, Maclaren XT TECHNO(it great coz they deliver the stroller to my hse so i no need to carry),3 bottles of pureen bottle detergent,powder,nappy cream..
I head over to JP kiddy palace yesterday to buy 3 bottles of ABD laundry detergent as it cost $21.80 for 3.. maybe will go stock up some more if the offer still on this weekends=p
but definately going to drop by Kiddy palace this week to buy the pigeon multi function set..

Anyway mummies, i got ingrown toe nails!!!
my nail is poking my flesh n its damn painful n on top of that there r pus on it=(
my hubby say now oso cannot do anything coz doctor wun operate on my toe to remove the nail de.. how ah=(

N my baby is turning week 32 tml le..
but i feel his movement become less active lei..

joy_javen: oh dear! i feel painful for yoU! i have ingrown toe nail problem too! that's why i cut it once it's longer.. dont think you can cut now that it's infected? can you ask the doctor to cut off the ingrown?
yes.. baby doesnt have big movements now, but his punches/kicks are stronger, no?

Coconut ... I had a tough time chopping it open too. Then during the weekend, bought a coconut near my sister's and cos' she dun have chopper, I used wine opener! Personally found the butterfly lever kind easiest, so I just put that on the coconut, turn and "drill" the coconut and poke straw in. But I dun eat the flesh so this works well for me, if you want to reach the flesh, maybe "drill" more holes? Found this so much easier than using chopper. Try it.
happy.gif

My doc says his practice is to get the bb out by 39 weeks. Didn't say why though. Any of your docs does likewise? Agree that talking to bb helps. Previously he was in transverse position, then I keep telling him to get into position, head face down and at the next checkup, he's in position. Ask him to slow down his intake, and his weight growth slowed too. Now I'm asking him to stay in there a while more, that he's not ready and I'll let him know when he can come out. Wahaha!

joy_javen,
my baby turning week 32 tmr too, having check up tmr, finally can see him again after 4 weeks...

my boy still active leh, whole day like dancing inside haha

oooh really, maybe my cousin remem wrongly, hah then maybe i buy huggies instead haha thanks ladies!

Joy, i am turning 32 weeks on Wed hehe so my EDD must be 1 day apart!

di, should drink more water so as not to get dehydration due to diarrhoea.

joy_javen, I think should get the infected toe nail removed right? Otherwise it will get worse and so painful!

Speaking of Pigeon, I found out that the prices are all controlled. So definitely not cheaper at the motherhood fair lor.

Other brands like Pureen are really cheaper tho... But I was not familiar with Pureen so dunno whether good or not. After the fair then I realised that Pureen also pretty recommended by many moms. Next time should do more research before going for such fairs.

Back