(2012/07) Jul 2012

di,
yes too. if i sit too long at my desk and when try to stand up, my butts pains and back is also very aching and painful. so now i try to stand a while in between.

cherish & joy: guess the weight is really putting alot of pressure on our butt and back!

Joy: I think better to call and check with them rgding the FBI card? i dun have one but think got disc right?

Laura: i think for my cAse is the other way round, my #1 is a boy and he not so 'violent' like his meimei cos now #2 is kicking, somersault-ing, flipping and rolling around day and night so i guess she will be quite chor lor like her mummy ba. hahaha!

Disposable undies: anyone bought comfy ones and have tried? i got watsons ones but only have L size so i thot i'm not so big butt and went ahead to buy who knows i had a hard time pulling them up! super uncomfy! pls rec if u all have tried
happy.gif

laura, i agree with di, my son is less violent than now. girl is not as painful w each move but she moves ALOT.

di, i got watsons cotton ones but can't remember the brand. very good also. like normal ones.

di, liligal,
my boy is active and i thot my gal will be more gentle. but based on the movements, i think she's on par with her gorgor. another challenge for me when she comes out. LOL

Di: maybe i will update the FBI card on the registration page again=)
as for disposable undies i tried before Watson de during my last trip overseas.. quite good..

anyway mummies.. i ask u all ah.. do u all feel that ur bladder going to burst like every 1 hr??
i haf to keep going to toilet.. n sometimes feel my bladder very heavy whenever i go to the toilet.. 30mins to go=) whhaha..

joy, i feel that my tummy is going to burst! really! it's so tight that i'm very scared tat it will just combust or rupture involuntarily. bladder wise, as long as I am sitting, i'm ok. once i stand up and walk, i HAVE to pee. girl is pressing down there already. this morning can feel some tightening down there already.

i just completed 34wks. 3wks to go to full term!

thanks for the info on the undies! Shall go and check out guardian and watson cotton ones
happy.gif

I need to pee every 30mins and if I hold it any longer, my whole tummy will tighten and very uncomfy feeling =X

The flyer for next week's motherhood fair is up at motherhood.com.sg website. Preview of some deals to expect
happy.gif
Can't paste the link cos using my phone now.. My work PC suddenly can't log in this forum and says connection problem, hope it's not my IT block the site :p

lili_gal: yar...taking time off for "me" time today.
My tummy also feels very very bloated...especially so when I've had my meal...feels as though it'll explode anytime

di: for me ít not only happens when I seat too long....it's very painful near the spine area when I walk too much also.

joy_javen: me too...need to go toilet almost every hour or so if I drink water constantly....feelin bladder very full but in fact there's not much pee

Darn! So busy at work today I missed out on the asos sale! Hope those of u who wanted to get the emma jane bought in time.

Laura, sick just take mc and rest. It's nt as if u are chao kenging. You are right tt bb and ur health is top priority now.

I think I went abit overboard with my diaper purchase. I've over 300 pieces now. Bought pampers, huggies, drypers, mamypoko. In size nb and s. That's on top of my bum genius and raf raf cloth nappies. Heh.

bhoo: you are so well prepared!! i only bought NB, no buy S size yet leh...

Disposable undies comfy? very thin also right? i think i might just bring my "old" panties and just throw them after staying in the hospital..

i am forver feeling hungry.. but must control!! :-/

Joy,
Both my tummy n bladder are going to burst soon. My water intake reduces quite a lot but always feel like going toilet. Tummy wise, can get very tight nowadays

Bhoo,
U hv sooo many diapers!! I only hv 4 small packs.

Laura, i went to watson n guardian, the biggest size they have is L size, definitely not comfy to wear. Not sure if XL sizes all out of stock. After i bought, my friend told me that kkh provide disposable panty and if need, can buy from the pharmacy. She said is comfy.

Qin: I've done an op at KKH and their largest disposable panty can't fit me.
sad.gif

Saw from gmarket and the one they're selling can stretch to 56" max, that's my hip size now (plus my balloon tummy).

LOL, I'm not well-prepared lar. I just got carried away with diapers. I've not bought many other essentials like wet wipes, detergent, baby wash, stroller, etc etc!

Seems like most of you are intending on getting disposables. I've never worn disposables before. How well do they fit? I dun like VPL... Hehehe

bhoo, that sounds like alot of diapers but if u count by days they only last one mth plus so I think it's ok. My #1 needs 8-10 change per day. But i hvnt bought any yet. Just found out that a fren works for Huggies. Me asking if got staff price. Hehee. Btw disposable ones sure got VPL!

LFCfan, yes mt A too.

Laura, your size prob n oven posts v funny!!!! Lol.

Qin, I saw XL at Marina Sq Watson few days ago. Think maybe out of stock at certain places.

Tmr (or today) going for check up. Hopefully both baby n I din gain much.

Zzzz.. Feel so sleepy now but my boy is having running nose n couldn't sleep well. He's been tossing here n there. Can't wait for hubby to come back to help taking care.

Liligal,
Do update us after ur checkup =)

Joanne : did dr loh say yr bb weight not ok? If nvr say should be good lor. i find that u seem to be worrying a lot over many little things. anyone told u so? My bb is 1.5kg at week 30 and doc says good. so ur slightly bigger should be ok mah.. Perhaps yr maid makes u kan cheong? I hv no maid so can't help u much. maybe need to give her a prep talk else send her off.

Wah so many diapers u bought. I not yet buy any. Those few weeks to start buying spree now..

I always so tired after work but always sleep at 10 and wakes up at 4-5am. U r right girls! My tummy is sooo bloated and full and I walk more slowly like a penguin now. A lot of pple comment my tummy look big now.. When I get up from chair also feel my back side pain so got to come up slowly.

Wonder how to test for GD? My fren says her doc ask her to do blood test for GD and she actually has it. Now I wonder why my doc din ask me to do and maybe hv it until dunno? I lor drinking gong cha n been having it . I rem I had my blood drawn during the 20th week detailed scan at TMC so did they use the blood for GD test? Don't think so right?

Tanny, I face the same problem as u. I sleep earlier now and wake up crazily early like 430 or 5! I forced myself to get back to sleep this morning cos I think preggers shld get more rest and end up overslept and late for work. Sigh.....

Joanne, try nt to stress over maid issues ok? These cld just be initial teething probs. Most maids must train so after ur training she shld get better. Or delegate to ur hb to train her. Then u can rest and yang tai :)

Lili_gal, how did ur check up go? Bb doing well?

Tanny, I do a urine test every mth to check on protein and sugar. I think tt's how doc pick up GD prob. If ur urine test is fine, it means no GD I think.....

Yeah bhoo said is right... I was detected sugar in my urine and was being asked to do GD test. If your urine is ok and dun hav family history of diabete, then doc will not ask u to test
happy.gif

tanny,
i didnt hv the GD test too. asked my gynae before and she said since i dont hv family history of diabete and urine test is okay, she opted out for me.

yawn... i can hardly open my eyes now. need kopi o thick thick!!!

Right here waiting for my turn at the gynae's. Me gained 1kg for past 3wks. That's alot!!!

I thot urine test ie the stick that they give you at every visit is the one checking for GD? No? Anyway me din get it last time and this time so far do gd. Going to ask about strep B (GBS) today.

Qin, so cute. Got such a day?!

I'm out. Gained 1kg baby only gained 360g at 2.23kg nw. Everything's fine but baby is facing front and not back. So i will need to coax her to turn. Thot need to check weekly from now onwards but was asked to come 2wks later. Think I'll lugi abit on the package lor.

Apparently GBS is not a routine check as they realized last time that it does not mean anything since you can get it right next day. So no need to do.

oh i forgot to ask abt Strep B. my next apptm is on my wk33. shld be ok ba.

tks ladies.. i n hubby dont hv history but both my in laws hv!! darn. my fren told me she has and the testing involves drinking a liquid and using blood to test.. she says if got GD and unknown, it will affect the bb - like bb will hv diabetes or some kidney function problem... alemark.. but my dr din ask me to test. my pee test at each apptm seems ok.. i think its to test for protein and soemthing else. (maybe its sugar?) so far ok..

but i hv been guilty of taking soft drinks, gong cha, durian puffs, pastries.. my appetite is like normal days...

if using medala breast pump, then u all use what bottles? the pump comes with foc 5 bottles right? then we pour the milk into milk packs to freeze? then bb drink from medala bottles or i shld buy those wide neck or anti colic bottles? quite blur still

It's Friday!! is it a official eat-with-family day? too bad my company is ang-moh ones so they dun practice =(

NTUC having some sale on diapers(PET PET & Huggies) but it's for M size and above, maybe mummies with older #1 can check it out.

my 3 yr old boy is down with stomach flu and hasn't ate any solid full meal for 2 days le =( and he is so quiet this few days, even his teacher in playgroup also noticed.

my fren just told me her delivery bill at Mt A is 20K! gosh!

induce for 2 days, bb not out, finally Csearan. and bb stay nciu for 10 days. her bb was born post term, i mean like at 41 weeks.

Tanny: I've gone through the GD test even though my urine test is gd at every check-up. Apparently I don't take a lot of sweet stuff (I don't have a sweet tooth to begin with) but in the 3rd tube of blood drawn, I was borderline on the reading....anyway it depends on individual and how well your body can manage blood sugar. I may be one of those that cannot manage sugar in my blood very well....so good thing I've no sweet tooth.

lili_gal: my gynae told me I'll need to go back to her every 2 weeks also after my 31 week check-up....so I guess that's norm?

goodness induce 2 days, imagine the pain she has to endure!
mine is at wk30, wk33, wk35, wk 37 then weekly wow i can actually list the nos of visits left, truth is sinking in!!

Qin: ^5.. haha i today oso can knock off an hr earlier.. hehe..

anyway what is GD?? what is wat what GDS or strep B??

anyway okie i think i m nt alone u mummies oso experience same thing as me..bladder always full n always feel thirsty..

thanks Tanny for the link=)

later i m going to Kiddy palace to check out the promotion.. see what they haf to offer=) hehe..

Yay!! Me too! Me too! I'm knocking off 1 hr earlier today!! But I've so much work to clear I have to lunch at my desk in order to leave work early =S

Gulp! $20k to give birth??! That's very ex! How much can she claim from medisave? Can claim insurance?

so good to knock off early! *envy... but i do not have this benefits
sad.gif

it is embarrassing that i keep farting.. not sure if it is due to what i eat but it happens very often, does any mummies experiencing the same too??

ourlovestory, burping and farting is normal. I experience that too. I think it has got to do with poor digestion cos massive uterus pressing on every possible digestive organs we have in our bodies. As if looking fat is not enuff... Now we even smell bad. LOL...

hello mummies, been MIA for past few days.. how's everyone doing? been a long busy week for me, but looking forward to my gynae appointment this evening
happy.gif

Liligal, some companies practice this. U realli control ur diet very well... Only gain 1kg
happy.gif

Cherish, i work at novena area.

bhoo: you are so funny! *LOL* i just feel like i am in my worst state now: farting, smelly, sweating, water retention .. and on top of all... FAT! -.-"

tanny: gosh.. 20k sia..

zhen: how haf u been urself?? so busy??

ourlovestory: i oso keep farting.. n my hubby keep saying i no manners.. lolx but i cant help to control.. espcially when i laugh.

As for farting...I don't really fart very often. But think because of the hormone change, I feel my armpit smells whenever I perspire
sad.gif

anyway mummies i went to H&M yesterdae..
i went to try the maternity bra.. 2 pcs for $39.90.. but i didnt buy..
coz the bra is like those primary school who just haf breast developed n wear those cotton bra/singlet.. so if wear the bra, our nipple can be seen very obvious..
is all the maternity bra like tat type??
i went to see mark n spencer n mothercare..the nursing bra is kinda expensive.. 2 pcs for $89/$99..

Back