(2012/07) Jul 2012

hehehee.. thanks ladies for the boy compliment. yah good pic with him smiling. but but, boy is not the key lah. key is to show you all the tub and sharing experience only. the net comes with the tub. took me awhile to figure out cos i bought it without thinking then. glad that it came with it when i figured it out.

joy, me also cannot cut nails now!!!! i cross leg also tough. sometimes i can't even bend down to reach for stuff on floor from center have to turn sideways then bend to reach. got many times i can't even get up directly and have to roll sideways to get up from floor. very lousy.

bhoo, hahahhahaha.. yah yah... always cover cover. dun want people to comment on his size later!!! either way also cannot comment!!!! hahahaha..

marie, good hor? really encourage all mummies to watch the youtube video. i also amazed. will try it when new baby arrive.

cookie, hahahhahah 4 people bathing one baby!!!! lol!!!!
i had a emergency c-sect so had to shave before op. i dun like their shaving so this time, i'm going for BW and i heard it's "cleaner" later if natural.

ourlovestory, me signed up for stemcord. gynae recommended cos they store 2 bags instead of 1.

waahhh.. i nua the whole day and do nothing at work!!!! chatted w a overseas colleague for 1.5hours!!! geeeshhhh..... go home need to OT liao.

hi liligal,

wow your boy is so cute leh. hehee...

hi cherish n liligal, how do you all cope with the pain of c-sec and also breastdfeeding at the same time huh? this is something which is puzzling me.

lili_gal: I wonder if MIL knows how to use the tub in that design, but as for me it's a good design.

Count down 30mins to FREEDOM!

my baby head not turn yet so might go for c-sec. jus that thinking full GA or half GA. hmmhmmm....hlaf GA allows hubby to go in to cut umbelicia cord and take foto. and we hear baby first cry....yeah dun noe leh..oso havent discuss with gynae yet hehe
happy.gif

cherish & cookie: I think regardless of c-sect or natural they will still shave leh...cos the last time I went to remove a cyst, they still shave me eventhough it was key-hole surgery via the navel and 2 holes on the bikini line

Marie: I had cysts removed before I can start IVF and mine was also shaved but only the pubic bone area and tummy. When the nurse was shaving me damn itchy sia! When the hair was growing back...gosh...dunno how to describe the itchiness too.

Hi mummies, regarding shaving, i think for Natural Birth they wont shave leh cos when I had my #1 @ TMC in 2009, they didn't shave.

just to share, bought some disposable breastpads @ John Little ytd @ $10 for 3 boxes X 24pcs which i find quite worth it. But it's my first time buying it so dunno if it's as good as Pigeon or not.

Cherish, i'm inclined to postpone the maid hiring.. Coz dun really need right now and its 600+ a mth.. Then still need to feed the maid.. Already paying mil 1.4k and also sending #1 to cc... Duno if shld start incurring additional costs for a maid when we can probably still do without one for a
Couple more mths at least... So hard to decide!!

i thought if you opt for c-sect then do not have to shave?? no?

most mummies opt for stemcord here is it.. is it cheaper? the only difference i know is that stemcord is local while cordlife is international.. but in term of usage, i do not know how it will be different for us thou... ??

lili_gal: Finally got the chane to watch your youtube link safely at home and wow! what an eye opener. This sure can help me plentiful. Thanks!

Joy, ourlovestory,
I thot it a must to shave for c-sec leh. After I was shown into e room, a nurse came by n asked me to change operation gown. Then asked me to lie down on bed n shaved!!

Cookie,
I opted for c-sec as was told my boy might be too big for me if reached edd.

I suddenly find that I need alot of strength to stand up fr e floor. was making my boy sleep on dilam n I struggled to stand up. Tried wif one leg still bend down but difficult. Was asking myself just 1.8kg more weight in tummy will be so tough meh? Any good way to stand up, mommies? Thanks!

sunbelle, actually for me the stitch was very well done. with painkillers, next day i can move out of bed oredi and took a nice wipe down at the hospital. the painkillers kept me for 3-4 more days and it did not affect BF-ing at all. btw, half GA nicer right? you'll get to see baby quickly and hubby see the whole process with pics. trust me, you won't feel a thing.

laura, your MIL can do the professional way. hehehee... i tried and was too kan cheong so i pestered hubby to go search for a tub and this was the only tub we found at robinsons. so just take and go. then discovered got net. then discovered wahhh.. my life so much easier. hahhaa..

marie, for my gynae i think natural he ok w no shave. only c-sect he insisted or else can't cut properly.

laura & marie, good right?! i also found it amazing but we were passing by babies and seriously we couldn't decipher still even after the video. think we need to keep listening and practice.

cherish, roll to the side then push urself up. that's wat i did. hahaha.. or get ur hubby to pull you. then no effort at all. me also like this. lack of exercise is definitely one. so ... do the pilates!!! hahaha..

btw, sunbelle, my doc says only up to 34wks then baby position more permanent. urs not yet right? some gynaes will do massage or ask u to rock rock to motivate the kid to turn. so dun give up so fast.

Liligal,
Thx. Hubby outstations so hv to stand up myself. Just now before my boy slept n I was abt to switch off lights, I nearly going to use his head as e support cos nothing nearby for my reach n his height is just nice! Heng that I didn't do it!!

Sunbelle,
My pain threshold was super low so I struggled to move ard after my 2nd day of op. I mainly expressed as boy didn't want to latch.

mummies who went thru c sect, how big is the cut? they cut very low down? is that why need to shave for c sect? pardon my ignorance

cherish, we removed the divan and my boy is sleeping on queen mattress on the floor (he needs big mattress cos he moves ard alot during sleep) and i also find it's harder to get up these days after putting him to bed. i'll normally turn to my side and sit up first then try to slowly stand if im alone, but if not, these days i get my hubby to pull me up coz we normally put him to bed tog, in fact im trying to delegate this responsibility to my hubby cos when no 2 is here and if I'm breastfeeding or what my no 1 can still go to bed with his dad. hang in there, less than 2 months to go!

Hi Rykiel
Hee.. Lazy me.. Havent do the setup yet.. Just want to lie back n dun want do anything..;( thks for ur help.. Btw, when we access the video using iphone outside, do we need to on the computer?

Hi Laura
My hb dun allow me to go pedicure as he worry the chemical smell no gd for bbies.. So he cut for me my toe nail.. Make me so paiseh but shiok.. Hee.. Only during pregnancy got this special preveliage fr hb n collegues.. Hee..

cherish/lilgal, Its really terok lo my pelvic muscles...I dun even dare to let my hb know...But no choice cos I went n slp on sofa after I wet my bed, the fella still snoring. I lean over to puke into the potty by the bed so I wet the bed!

Tdy the staff who resign via email ask my boss to let her bring forward her last day to tdy cos if nt she will still take mc! Like threaten hor, so kns!!! N we are stranded to do their jobs, my stupid team lead take mc lo.

My boss tell us no choice we gotta stay late etc etc, wah I damn pissed lo. Ald tell her so long ago to get new staff cos they cannot make it etc...I dunno la! I gonna be thick skin n ask gynae for hosp leave ald when my maid comes, no eyes see...If I take leave boss sure dun approve one, emergency bo bian

I went to do pedicure ytd cos no one dare to cut my nails anymore, cos my mum cant see well n cut my skin. My hb cut my nails like with a shears lo, so jagged....

Rer rer,
Don't frustrated. Not good for e lil one inside. Do what u can. Let ur boss go think abt e manpower n the rest issues. E gal very 'steady'..dare to tell employer such things. Maybe I belong to older era, I won't dare to say such things to boss.

Joanne,
Ur hubby is sweet. Mine doesn't treat me like queen or princess this round. Total diff treatment fr #1! Going to hammer him when he's back. Haha

I can't lie down to sleep, my left side is totally pain. Trying to see if sitting position can let me zzz or not.

cherish, outstation for how long? i jus realized one of my best pals delivered her baby alone via c-sect cos hubby was outstation then. i never knew. so sad lor. i'm telling hubby he better clear or delay all his trips. i'm not going to do this alone!

rer rer, yah the new gen is like that. i think my gen will suffer in silence but also not very long compared to old gen. but newer gen will fight and do nasty things. btw, how can take MC without cert? u really gotta rest and keep cool yah? protect ur baby. we are here to hear you out too!

btw, run to toilet lah... or else puke in bed will sure wet bed one.

Cherish /lilgal, she only few yrs younger than me. End 20s, only here 2 mths mc like 1.5mths. She dowan to Wk y dun jus tender tat time waste ppl time! I do wat I can n I dun care lo. I tried to run to loo, but body numb a side! So sucky!!!

good morning mommies. it was so humid yesterday nite.

liligal,
ur pal's story scared me leh. i hope hubby will be ard and bb won't come out so fast. he's away for 2 weeks and will be away again for another 2 weeks in mid jun. so he will be back in end jun. this morning i hv been telling my gal to stay inside a bit longer, dont come out so soon lor.

Weather is getting unbearable. Now I dun even bathe with the heater on... and the humidity is attracting loads of mosquitoes at my place =( Got bitten left right centre the past few days.

rer-rer, I'm surprised the HR in your co allows this type of unprofessional behaviour... anyway, like what cherish says, dun let it affect you. Leave to your boss to handle and tell her that it's inhumane to make preggers work so hard!

hi liligal,

not yet hehee think next checkup maybe will know liao. cos my EDD quite near to yours. where u giving birth huh? Mine TMC.

Hi cherish, good to hear your assurance on c-sec. still trying to accept this idea n make some mental preparation hehee
happy.gif
hehehe more on myself not knowing what to expect. hehee
happy.gif

rer rer - dun let all these affects you. yeah i been telling myself too. i have won a natioanl level award too. but tink the ceremony date too near my EDD so i rejected the goin to the ceremony and all those photo taking...guess to me baby is more impt than anytin else now.....

morning mummies n babies!!!
its tuesday already..
how is everyone feeling today??

the thread is moving super fast!!!
haha..everyone is so active in here.. omg..

anyway rer-rer,chill yeah.. dun frown!!! else ur bb will frown oso de.. just stay happy n stress free..

sunbelle, morning. i'm hoping to deliver in Mt A. wow!!! what national award you won? Congrats!!! you in civil service?

cherish, if u going for planned c-sect slightly better lah. and my hubby fully subscribes to talking to the baby. he read a lot of books that advocates that and apparently it worked. i'm jus too lazy to talk to my tummy. feels odd.

Good morning ladies. Feeling very bored today but very lazy as usual to do anything. Almost completing my week 32, feeling baby movements stronger this week. I taught my helper to brew all kinds of soups n all ingredients preparation so dinner I can just cook a few more dishes very fast. I don't give my helper work schedules. She plans on her own n I let her know my preferences. Example, I hardly go to 3rd floor guest rooms so she can relax a bit on the cleaning there but if anyone coming to stay over, she will clean up before the guest comes. My room once a week cos it is very clean n I close my door all the time. Level 1 must clean every day n she has to avoid me when mopping floor. Outdoor n lawn up to her to plan. She loves to plant this n that so i let her plant papaya trees n others. Whatever she needs soil, fertilizers, insecticles, ... I will get for her. Guess she needs her leisure time other than housework right? My husband washes the cars once in blue moon heehee... Sometimes I asked my helper to help me wash the car carpets.I hv cameras all over the place but not in her room nor kitchen. Guess she needs her little privacy like we do right? I told her the cameras r for security reasons which r our main initial objective. In fact, where hv the time to watch the videos? To be honest, the cameras there for years n I didn't watch a single time. I m very close to my helper but at the same time managing her well. We go shopping together though now at week 32, I hv reduced going out shopping. She eats on the same table with us n to all restaurants or places. Since she stays with us n help us to manage the family, she is a family member. If the helper is not helping just let her go. Don't be too stress up k?

Joanne: xian4 mu4 oh! My hb will only keep asking me to go pedicure but no nail polishing. Say only but I have to action myself. *sad*

Feeling very restless, headache (panadol can't cure) and nausea. sianzzzz

yeah yeah yeah!!! my boss is excellent!!! i got my 100% pay for my maternity leaves!!!! better than my normal pay which is subject to achievement & fluctuations!!! *beaming beaming*

think i need to bring him for a good treat before i full time work from home. Heehehe.....

BB: wow.. ur hse seems BIG.. n u r really a good employer=)

laura: try to rest if can bah.. i sometimes feel like puking when i lay down on the bed.. but so far didnt really puke before..

liligal: congrats=) haha of coz u better treat him good food before u work from home.. anyway if possible get an email confirmation from the HR side else late wait dispute or watever dan got abit problem liao..

kalmen22: ASOS dun shows the model number that u recommend lei.. n i cnt see the picture u posted on ur blog=(

sunbelle,what national award did you win? You are a high achiever mummy!!!

lili_gal, congrats! You have such a good boss =) It's very impt to have good and understanding boss. Makes work so much more enjoyable.

joy_javen, I think this is the one that kalmen22 recommends. This is the one i got too. The other one without removable paddings is not available on ASOS.
http://www.asos.com/Emma-Jane/Emma-Jane-Maternity-Soft-Cup-Seam-Free-Nursing-Bra-with-Removable-Padding/Prod/pgeproduct.aspx?iid=1462844&cid=6046&Rf-400=3556&sh=0&pge=0&pgesize=20&sort=-1&clr=White

hi liligal,

you are so smart hehe no wonder your boss fight for u the full month pay heheh congrats! can buy more tins for baby liao hehee
happy.gif

wow BB : u stay in a landed ppty huh? cos the way u describe is like to me your house has lots of space for baby to play in next time heehee
happy.gif

bhoo : paisheh lah,i din expect it cos i am more than surprised to learn abt the award esp when i have not been working for some time now. on no pay leave somemore...paisheh paisheh leh....yeah came to me as a big surprise but very happy cos is a great recognistion of my performance i guess....hehheee
happy.gif

cherish : agree with u that liligal should treat her good boss hehee bosses are very impt hehe they determine your happiness index too ehhee in a way..

laura : when u seeing dr loh again? did he ask you to count the baby movemenets huh?

ladies : Any idea when ctg is required after which week or as and when gynae ask you to do huh?

sunbelle, not smart lah. but very glad that i just mentioned to him in disgruntlement about the pay. or else i'll jus suffer in silence and HR+ Sales Comp absolutely not much clue. until now stil hvnt gotten back to me. really good timing.

yes to all, i'm going to treat him!!!

btw, what is ctg?

after marie's fren who suddenly pop even tho around same EDD as me, i abit panic liao. yesterday dunno why in evening, the tummy felt like bursting. it's like it's so tight that I feel i can go into combustion anytime. i think we should all start to prepare oredi.

bhoo, u talk abt levels in your hse, i can only comment room 1 and room 2! ahhaha... btw, jus an observation, i think maids like bigger houses. so far all the good ones i hear majority come from hses vs HDB. not sure why.

lili_gal: haha....I'm the more kan cheong kind and don't like to leave things to last minute...else will make me very anxious if things are not within control....
I've even started checking out the full month buffet and cake already...just in case my hubby too busy with work and I'm too busy with baby...afterall it's our first baby, we want to give her the best ;)

hey gals, sorry i know this topic came up before, but since i'm heading to buy some stretchmark cream/oil in an hour i wanted to check: i'm currently using clairins stretchmark cream and apply twice a day, and cos of the big tummy, i ran out in one month. i'm thinking of getting the clairins oil to try next.. but wanted to check how long can the bottle of oil last? can those who use the oil roughly advise pls? Thanks!

kalmen22, what do you not like abt the emma jane sleep nursing bra? Please share =) I really have to commend you on your blog. It's really informative for clueless first time mum like me. I showed your diaper chart to my HB and he is super impressed. hehhe.

sunbelle, what is ctg?

lili_gal, I'm not the one with big house lar. It's BB with the big house =) My place is the total opposite. It is a tiny 2 bdroom apartment with barely enuff space for my baby cot. I am in the process of auctioning electronics and funiture off to make space for my lil'one. So if any of you ladies want Toshiba lcd tv, papasan chair, coffee table, please PM me! Hehhee ...

hika, i'm using the clarins tonic oil. Is that the one you are refering too? 1 bottle can last me ard 3 to 4 mths. I use it 2 twice a day on my tummy, butt and thighs.

hika: I'm using the Clarins tonic oil too...mine last abt 2-3 months cos I apply on my legs and hands as well.
By the way I'm not sure if you know but the tonic oil sells at 30 or 35% off at Ocean in Chinatown...more worth to buy from there

hika: my clarins tonic oil last me from 2nd month till now! i love the smell but find it oily.. do we really have to use the stretch mark cream and this? i got both but i hardly use them..

eh, how you all use the oil one huh? mine lasts only 2 months max. i only use it once a day and usually about size of 50cent coin.

bhoo, paiseh. but selling off furniture to make room for bb!!! cool!!!!

marie, still wondering why ur fren suddenly pop. any reason? complications before? #2?

Sorry mummies for disturbing.I am junemtb..any mummies who wish to take maternity or newborn shoot..do let me know n I will email u
happy.gif
just taken my maternity shots..thumbs up n price reasonable too
happy.gif

Thanks

Back