(2012/07) Jul 2012

Happyjul- haha prob coz I always wear bbdoll dresses so they tot I'm jus fat! Lolz.. I'm 14 weeks today
happy.gif

If they suspect then will say like ur case tink v obvious oredi but they ask casually so I dun give myself away lor haha

happyjul, my relatives are all very happy cos my side ppl I announced on facebook. My hb side knew when I was 1 mth plus preggy cos its always liddat. N they kept bugging us abt gender...

Rer-rer: Ya ya... everyone is asking me abt the gender. I just said still too early to tell. Actually, during the 16 week scan, gynae said could be a Boi. But I prefer to announce when its confirmed during the detailed scan.

Jul-mom: congrats
happy.gif
Can start shopping for bb stuff liao.

SG_SC, I also haven told relatives.

Hahha, I also felt something at Week 11, Week 12...dunno is it cos of my position or what not leh.

Happyjul, 17weeks shld be quite obvious.

congrats jul_mom!!
happy.gif

i do not need to say anything for the cny visitings and everyone just came to congrats us, i think my mil has already "spread" the news out!

ourlovestory, my appetite is slightly better than before (1/4meal), now i can eat maybe 1/2 meal sometimes. tend to eat rice than noodles nw. But still No craving yet.

I also didnt say anything for CNY. apparently everyone knws !

Jul_mom...congrats!

Ourlovestory.....my appetite did not improve much, remain very much the same as before. Small meals and frequent hunger

Bambi....im the reverse. Prefer noodles than rice!

Wow. i think my appetite should be the best. i can eat full meal but i m still bloated.

My tummy quite big now..though it still can be hidden under my dress.

b00ney....last week I went for mani, pedi at a new plc and imagine both gals commenting that my bump is so big for a 14 weeks... -.-"

Happyjul: I told my bosses already as I requested to work fr home due to v bad ms... My colleagues commented I looked v pale n tired back then. My 2 bosses helped me keep it a secret as I don't want ppl to know at 7-8 wks...
Then we had a team Meeting b4 CNY n I juz let the team know...

CNY: i was wearing maternity dresses n tummy is abit obvious.. not many ppl ask.. Except close relatives... They didn't ask, I also didn't say..
happy.gif

Though tummy is abit obvious, no one gave up seat to me in train these few days...

Thanks dears!
happy.gif
how abt the rest? Managed to see?

My appetite has improved I think. Previously really can't eat. Now much better. Today suddenly crave for teh-c. I haven drank teh-c since I realised I'm preg. Think once in a blue moon shld b ok hor??? (but I drank bubble milk tea twice la. Hahahha)

Same here cookies. I'm 17 weeks le. But still no one give up seat to me. Still got people keep pushing me somemore. So irritating.

But actually those who know I'm preg did commented that still can't really tell I'm preg. I think I just look fat to strangers. T_T

Jul_mon: my gynae also say mine is a boy... N even type on the screen: I am a boy" n print out the scan for me.. Haha.
However I didn't tell during CNY visitings n mil... Wait for detailed scan to confirm.

Ourlovestory: I felt my appetite improved... Can eat more during meals as compared to b4 where I can only eat half of usual portion.

Though some cOmmented I lost weight but I don't feel it until I wear my maternity pants.. They actually felt loose n had to tighten further. Can't believe it as I also wore those maternity pants after gave birth n they fit fine as tummy still flabby. Mayb I wore my pants low waist... Ie dun cover the tummy at all...

Dear all
I need u gals advise now.. As i understand tt we r not suppose to attend any 白事 when we r pregnant.. But, how abt our hubby? Can he attend? My hb gd friend daddy pass away yesterday n i think he wants to go but i forbid.. Due to now is new year somemore.. But can see he still feel like going, is it ok one huh if wife no attend and only hb attend?? Can or not advisable? Kindly advise... Thk u...

Hi mummies!

Happy CNY and may we all have smooth pregnancies, safe deliveries and healthy bbs this year!

Went for gynae checkup yesterday and I am going to have a princess! Gynae showed me the 3 lines.
happy.gif

Joanne

My hb's uncle passed away 2 months back. I did not attend but my hb did. Since its a close relative so he attended. That time I was in Trim 1 so nobody knows I preggie. But my mil told the uncle's wife reason for my absence.

But since yours is a fren's father,I personally think you can dun go at all. Furthermore, Its during CNY and given your condition, the deceased family will understand.

Ourlovestory
Haha... I po jie alot after I reached Trim 2. Taking cold drinks (fruit juices/ softdrink) and ice cream frequently. Had ice cream 3 x this week liao :p

Joanne : i use before PEM.. Review not bad... As for your hb.. He can go.. But use the leave to clean away the "dirty" before he step into your house.. And you cant go arr..
happy.gif

just started work today..sian ttm! but luckily just 1 day and it's TGIF.

when is the detailed scan? wk20? everyone also kept asking boy or girl..my tummy not so obvious, but ytd went to my hubby's great aunt house and she asked me if i'm preggy, i think only experience n senior can tell.

Joanne, if ur hubby can avoid, avoid. But if he really wants to go, as Angelia says he can go. But make sure he takes the red thread thingy, unless it's christian and don't have it la. And don't go home immediately. Go to a crowded place, like shopping centre to walk walk or coffee shop to drink, half an hour later then go home. Make sure he throws away the red thread before going home and go toilet wash hands. And once he's home, go bathe immediately. If can bathe the hua zhao even better.

Wah.. i also started work today.. sian to the max indeed.. even though only one day. but starting from next week.. need to "restart engine" and pia at work again.. SIANZZZ..

somemore at 13weeks4d, my nausea and vomitting still didnt get better leh... appetite also POOR.. sense of smell also very sensitive.. mouth also turn bland after eating.. so it's SI BEI SIAN!

Joanne, still preferred ur hb not attending the wake/funeral.
I am always taking caution, better be safe then sorry. You will not know if ur bb is pang dang or will be pang dang. My mom often tells me not to be involved in both red and white issues but if it is ur immediate family members like eg grandparents/aunties/uncles/cousins then ok to go but those distant relative or friends try to avoid including ur hb. They will understand.

My mom when pregnant with me attend her youngest bro's funeral, one week before I was born. When I was born till 1 year old I cry everyday, changed more than 5 nannies until my mom gave up. She resigned and looked after me, my crying improves a bit but still a pain to everyone then my parents brought me to see a Taoist priest that pray the 大二伯. Then made me their god daughter and did some rituals the next day onwards I am ok already easier to look after...
Every year when near my uncle's death anniversary I will have bad dreams and fall sick that goes on till I was abt 7 years old... Then stopped.... That's y my mom always prevented me to attend wakes or funeral even from young...

Better be safe then sorry... Of cos if u are a christian, u will not believe in such things.

Thk u so much to all sister here for ur valuable advise..;)

My hb just message me to say tt he wun go!! Feel so touch for his understanding but feel bad at the same time too..;(

Hi Audrey
Thks for ur experience share.. But i think is due to ur mum attend when hv u right? If hb attend shd be ok ba?? Of course for us, we shouldnt attend at all.. How r u these days? Still hv ms?? When is ur next checkup? Think u will know is it ah long and ah feng in ur next scan..;)

Hi angelia
U use PEM agency before? Is their nanny experience? As is my first time engage thru agency since my first nanny who take care of me when my son was born only hv experience with singleton.. So not sure where to get experience nanny for twins now? Havent engage one.. Hope still can find.. Any other agencies to recommend?? U going use their PEM service again this time? Thk u..

cookiem, your gynae very funny. haha.

my hub finally decided to let me hire a CL after my mum told me to hire. took very long to persuade him as he is afraid that the CL will handle the baby badly.

LFC....take heart, u r not alone! I'm nearing 16 weeks yet appetite not improved & queasy feel still lingering ard...I'm like a dog these days & to make matter worst, the neighbors here like to cook at 11ish at night! Can't tahan the smelly oily greasy smell...

piyobaby: that sounds super sian leh.. 16 weeks still not yet improved! I am afraid my in laws find i was being difficult or what.. not eating well etc.. well they all care of my nutrition and baby's too so i find it hard to explain why i still can't eat well.

Sigh!

LFC....yes very sianz. I'm hoping hard it will tapered soon otherwise scary to think it will last longer! *touchwood first* I dun care wat others think, xin ku is mi wor, not them..hee

hi mummies, im from the may mummy thread
happy.gif
just dropping by to say hi.

Also want to let go of my brand new philip avent breastpump as my hubby buy the wrong one!! so i want to sell it away, and get the one i wanted. This philip avent is going at $480, the original price i gotten from the seller. Interested, please pm me
happy.gif
Thanks and enjoy the pregnancy journey!

piyobaby - yah i cant stand pple who cook near midnite and smoke smoke smoke away.......coz i stay low flr, always kena frm downstairs one. Now got bb n preggy more paranoid, yet nothing i can do but hope wind blow the smell away lor

Hi mummies,

I've got two swaddle wraps for sale. Baby refused to be swaddled after Day 6.

Brand new (washed once to prep for baby's arrival)
Size: Small/Medium (3.2kg - 6.4kg)
Price: S$22 (Orignal price: S$29.50)

url]

url]

url]

Almost new - used once only
Size: Small/Medium (3.2kg - 6.4kg)
Price: S$18 (Orignal price: S$29.50)

url]

url]

url]

Collection: Raffles Place or AMK on weekdayys. I can drop it off at your place on weekends if I'm in your area.

Email me @ [email protected] if interested.

Sg SC....we are on low floor too. The smell make mi very pukey and it's disgusting to smell it in bed!

b00ney...I couldn't understand too! Dun really have ms but the smell is irritating....

ya loh, how come everyone is asking abt the gender...i dun wish to tell anyone..

my hubby also recv 2 wedding invites from colleagues, so can he attend?

Tanny....guess it's human nature to ask abt gender of baby ba! If u r not comfy telling then juz say not sure yet..

Personally I feel dat weddings should be fine as opposed to 'white matters' cos it's still a joyous occasion. I attended a few weddings when preggy wif #1 so it largely depends on you and your beliefs ba. =)

I received many wedding invitations this year and my hb has relatives getting married in mar n June. i personally dun feel like attending cos i have no nice clothes to wear now
sad.gif

Was looking forward to my appt on 4th but have to postpone to 1week later. feel like seeing the bb..

Many ppl ask me about gender too. 1 coll even went to secretly see the Chinese calendar when i told her I do not want to know yet..

b00ney....now dat gynae visit is once a mth, just feel so looong to see baby!

We are very anxious to know the gender of #2...lol
My guess is woody will be able to tell next visit 2 weeks away, by then will be 18 weeks...

Hi mummies,

Happy Dragon Year to all! Happy Ren Ri! Hope we'll have a smooth pregnancy, delivery and everything else that comes our way!

Wah so envious, u gals alrdy know the gender.....I'm in my 15th week but still don't know yet but bb is healthy and growing at the normal pace so that's more impt
happy.gif

What other prep have u make? Book for prenatal class, confinement lady, jamu massage etc? I started buying maternity clothes cos my clothes can't fit anymore but I still don't look pregnant as my tummy is not obvious....didn't buy anything for the bb yet....what's next?

Went for a haircut yesterday cos cannot tahan hair dropping at such a rapid speed....

booney, no worries....there are many cheaper alternatives that sell nice maternity clothes....how come ur appt is postponed? Mine too cos i forgot I'll not be in SG so have to make an appt 2 days later on the 13th feb....look forward to see the bb too so let's cheer up!

We are not v particular abt the gender but we prefer gal....talking abt dragon bb, enrollment to sch next time will really be a stressful event cos of the tough competition....everywhere I go I can see a preggie mummy....argh :p

Joanne, I was recommended PEM confinement agency by my hubby's friend who had used them twice....the review was not bad....I booked the services with them just before CNY....then also saved q a lot of trouble cos booked the jamu massage with them and went for their herbal package as well....

happyjul, I've informed my bosses abt my pregnancy last Dec and early Jan....also informed my Dir that I had plans to clear my leave all the way to end of the year so will only be back for work in Jan 2013. Anyone doing the same?

LFCfan,
I still have MS when i was 14wks... think positive that it will be improve. think it was better after 15wks..
Now at 18wks, MS almost gone, sometimes still feel nauseous and after eating, somehow got this weird taste in my mouth and i will usually eat sweets to help me feel better.
i was also v sensitive to smell & until now i dared not change my #1's soiled poo-ed diaper. Initially i tried to change his soiled urined diaper.. and b4 i can finish, i went off to puke due to the smell.

any mummies craved for your mum's cooking?
for #1 & this pregnancy, i kept craving for my mum's cookings.. dunno whether is it sick of my mil's cooking? :p

Also, have this "bad habit" of taking taxi home after work... so tired after a day's work. Think going to burn 1 big hole in my pocket soon... taxi fare are so expensive
sad.gif

Back