(2012/07) Jul 2012

My MIL first 2 batches of Birdnest do not include ginseng, last sun, she go add ginseng, the more i do not want to eat. Cos i heard cannot take ginseng right?

My mother is just like my friend... after a fight we had when i was 17 years old... we became closer... our family, 5 of us, can sit at living room and smoke together... cannot imagine right??? our own parents is some where better then ILs.

Rykiel, I never heard abt the rebate before.

I never think too much la... now eating my potato chips...

wah chloe, at least you got birds nest. my birds nest..need to request then have one. birds nest also not easy loh..need to pick out the dirt one by one

rykiel> i think the rebate is from medisave after you pay upfront all cash. can check with the in charge during your hospital tour.

peapea,
ah same same loh. My #1 is aredy the 3rd grandchild on my hubby side. Hahah..

Hahah...Audrey,
so cool! LOL...smoke together siah! LOL...

ILs vs own parents
I think everyone will think the same. Own parents know you better mah, just that somehow it's just hard for us ladies to get along SUPER WELL with our MILs even though how super nice she can be. Maybe just 1 in 20 can be the lucky one bah. Haihs...I noticed siah. That's the fact of life somehow. My own Mum oso nv nag at me since young one leh. I guess I'm lucky to have my Mummy to be nice. Hahah..so I dun tend to compare..cos MY OWN MUMMY is always the nicest. Hahaha...

ya huichin, although my mom is the best. if my brother has a wife one day, she'll also be MIL from hell. haha coz we are so used to her, her negatives will always be a normal part of her. but if she has a daughter in law, she'd be like 'huh? why this woman like that one?!'

Hahaha...mom of 2,
hi-5! I oso think so! Sama-sama! heheh...even my Mum oso self-admit, if my elder bro were to get married, she oso duno if she can be a good MIL and get along well with the DIL or not. Hahaha...for me, my concept is, less contact, the better. Hahaha...see once a week or two, enuf liao! LOL...but too bad that doesn't apply to me, cos my MIL still stays with us on and off and only sometimes stays at my ah lao's other siblings' house. So I cannot siam. Hahah...

Audrey,
whoa that bad ah!

see once a week... too often! i think my sister developed a bad temper after having to put up with her mil. last time, she was very good natured one.

Think of it this way, Guess sometimes its better to have a bochap MIL than one that bother too much till u freak out.

At least you can decide wat u want to do abt ur confinement. No one wil interfere
happy.gif
what u like or dont like to eat.

Think like tat..u wil feel happier..

Hello mummies,
U all so funny complain abt mil.. Monday blues yah?

I went to have my injection just now.. The 4th!! Hopefully e last one as well! Seeing gynae on thurs.. Hope everything's okay n dun need injections liao.. Butt pain :p

ya, and i can imagine, the older generation (most of them) not pro breastfeeding one. imagine hearing them yak all day about nonsensical stuff

my sister's mil even gave some comments when she heard I'm still breastfeeding my boy at 12 months loh.

then my hubby's auntie also wanna comment.

and those comments are not constructive, just saying stuff like breastmilk not nutritious enough, no point bla bla (not! it's the opposite)

all these in laws, so irritating

thng,
haha...it's more like a no choice thing. Long story. Not my choice oso. Lots of drama. But I kan po le..dun think too much. Just be patient loh. Haihs. One thing I must mention, I stay at this house for 4 years liao then can do reno. Bleahhhh.

I oso feel sleepy leh! Haha...

E Tan,
totally agree with you! That's what I do to survive and make your own life better. Haha...

HOHOHO!!!! MIL MIL and more MIL!!!!

Aiyah... Forget about them lah... Almost all MILs very chao kuan want lah... I think you all de MILs sure better than mine... I've told peapea before how my mil is.. She also bwg liao... Hahaha! Chill lah ladies... I still have 4-5years time with her... Dont know how to tahan. My mil is just tmd idiot! Lol!!!! =p

Audrey> I shld be 8 weeks plus

Mom of 2> oh cos I'm bleeding internally so need injections to stabilize pregnancy.. I also dunno how I'm doing since I never have spotting in e 1st place so difficult to self-monitor. The wait to see gynae is killing me!

Mom of 2 : wah!!! My mil also like that!! When i bf my girl that time, she just plainly add in stress and say no nutrient lah, bb not full lah, blah blah... I tahan till the 3rd time she say this, i just Scream at her! Yesss! I really scream at her! Hb was stunned and ask her to stop her nonsense! Lol !

My mini freezer for storing BM de that my mum bought for me de,she even wanna gave away WITHOUT my permission. And i just kp and ask her to bring back! I told her, this freezer is my mum buy for me de, she got no rights to give away without my permission.. Than i scream and making big fuss to hb until, hb ask her to bring it back! F-ker right!!!!

Yess!!! My MIL SUPER GOOD AT ACTING KELIAN de hor!!! F-king irritating want!!!! If you all kenna MIL like mine, i believe, you all will wanna SLAP her real hard!

Audrey : cannot say so lah... There's is 1% of MILs is good lah... Just that we're not lucky enough to have one! =p

Peapea : cause they last time never bf de mah... They just hand squeeze and waste lo... Really damn lucky to have my hb, my mum to support me on my bf-ing career, if not i sure will never make it!

Hello ladies!

I just finished my appraisal. Almost 2hrs meeting with my boss but not all about appraisal la, got talk about new project too. She asked me anything else to tell her at the end, but I still didn't tell her about the pregnancy. Haha.

Haha...all complaining about MIL now? Think reading all your complaints I should consider myself lucky. Hehe. But maybe is thanks to my hubby 'cos he's a "naughty" son, will talk back kind. Haha...my MIL buay tahan this son of hers so she find me more "guai". At least when she complain I just nod head and pretend to listen to her. Haha.

Poor Angelia, 4-5 years very long leh. I told my hubby the most I can tahan is 2 years. Lucky for me, b'cos of their 2 dear grand-daughters, they're moving out next yr and letting the house to me and hubby.

Lady Dee,
So when you intending to tell your boss? I oso havent tell. My close colleague who's due in April 2012, told me no need to tell so fast. 3-4months then tell oso can. Hahaha

I oso almost same same situation as you, so not much to complain abt MIL liao. Hahah..

audrey, i believe dr gives the jab to help stabilise the womb on top of duphaston... i was on that jab for 3-4 weeks too remember? from week 5 - week 8... two times a week...

HAHA Huichinz,
Yours same as mine though she looks like those particular type. Prob. becoz she had 2 daughter in laws already.. enough to keep her busy.
happy.gif

Plus my hubby is e no take nonsense type of ppl, she dont dare to comment much on our stuff. Thus, our wedding also leave to ourselves to decide.Overall she is still a nice MIL.
Always ask us to go back to eat.

Also, not staying with them make things easier for us. At least less conflicts..

cos last time milk powder is consider more nutrious than breastmilk. Now different liao due to the food we eat...and also everything prefer organic...so not old folks are into BF..

Mummies let's chillz...we can choose hubbies but cannot choose their family...own parents are always the best lah I feel....

Some old folks pantang....they think still haven hit 3 mths dun ask so much...must stable then talk bt it...that's what happen to my dad...he dun ask at all...just pretend nothing happen, if my mum ask too much, he will say...haven confirm dun tok so much...so long feng ma, maybe ur mil same mindset....

As for bananas case, cos del monte belong to the category of pan jio, which is cooling thats why not recommandable. Another is broad beans. Cannot take that. Not good too.

E Tan,
I see! But good la, at least you are not staying together. Hahah..and yea my hubby will also tok bk type not the yes Mum yes Mum one so I'm pretty lucky. And I oso think my MIL is malay so is still different from the usual chinese MILs. Hahaha..but I always feel the pressure when it comes to house-chores. Till now. Stay together 4 years aredy..still the pressure is there loh.

Envy you! And agree! See less, less conflicts
happy.gif

Alison,
thks for the explaination on the bananas. Now i know. Too liang ah..hahaha.

happy.gif
I m kind of glad to find a hubby not so mummy boy..haha.. but i m a mummy's gal..so need to let him learn how to care for his family.
happy.gif

For housework, i think if can get maid.. or part time helper.. wil solve all problems
happy.gif
haha. then nothing much to complain le.

Do u have any culture conflict wif ur in-law?

my mum say she wants to quit her job n b my CL & take care of bb. unless she changes her mind, otherwise i can out my mind at ease nw. but i think need to research of what food she needs cook for me during confinement cos i think there's special diet for us ?

m on mc this wk but the xin-ku ness is driving me crazy. go wk is torturing, stay hm also xin ku. cannot go out cos i feel worse even gg to nearby mall. dont knw hw long i can take it
sad.gif
knw it means bb is growing but ..... hw do u gals handle/ distract urself ? already sleep enuff so tats not an option.

My mom also quiting her job to help me... but think... its twins... she can handle baby she cannot handle cooking and washing... so CL or MIL will be better if my MIL is so nice to save $$ for us.

audrey
if ur concern wif the food can cater confinement food think Neo garden have.
washing can engage those weekends maid
like tat can save a bit of $$

huichinz
ytd i also experience sore throat dont dare eat durian dunno izzit becoz i vomit too hard last nite
today no sore throat gg continue my durian

Chinz> Maybe after oscar and get the all clear from gynae. That will be around my 14th week which is like 3 weeks later.

Actually, my MIL no chance to be the MIL from hell. Haha. 'Cos my BIL is "pa" lao po kind. And my hubby is not a mummy's boy too. This morning he just ask his mum to keep quiet 'cos he thinks she's making too much noise. lol. She always say that he will qi si her one day. But actually last time, his bro like got "complain" that his parents dote on me and my hubby more. Haha. But I think now all the doting and spoiling has gone to the 2 grandchildren.

babies sleeping my mom can cook right???

House work, ask hubby come back home do lor... can also right?? then my part time auntie, tell her to come 2 times a week... can right???

Like tat I DO NOT NEED MY MIL!!!!!

woo woo woo!! are we on the MIL topic now!! hahaha cos i also wana COMPLAIN! actually hiya.. not say i wana say.. i know my MIL means well.. i DO! but then duno is it cos of my mood swings and temper now.. i CANNOT tahan wat she say.. she tell me... IF next time u dun want me to look after your kid hor.. MUST tell me earlier.. cos i wana find a new job.... bleh.. i told my hb i DUN Want her to take care la! every BB she carry SURE cry.... and i DONT want her to stay over my place..

for CL my hb also say mai employ cos we have FT maid.. and cos he say my mom and MIL sure come... wa.. PLS PLs.. i hope MIL DUN stay my house... cos our pattern and style diff!!! i also duno how.. PEK CEK! hahahha sigh.. nearer then say la.. so early ask me ... i really DL!

i sumtimes also hope she care abit lesser!! she very POR MA.. and LOH SOH!!! i cannot tahan!!! say nicely dun wana listen! i must ACTIVATE my hubby then my hubby say her then she GUM WAN!! snort..

Miss my mommy! boohoo... and my MIL sibei gan cheong!! HA CHOO abit only pls WEAR MORE LA.... sigh.. go toilet.. too many ppl.. ask me to get out.. incase ppl knock.. walan!

Angelia.. u very funnY! hahaha i like the way u say ur MIL .. lol!!

Thng.. my fellow EDD partner! haha... ya i also MUST drink sweet things now.. else very kang kor! tonite am thinking of eating the fried fish noodle soup.. ur know where sell?? east side? but hiyo.. duno i can swallow not.. cos now i cannot tahan FISH! but i crave for that white noodles

E Tan...
My mil is nonya...though is chinese but her way of thinking is totally diff from Chee na gal like me...but most of the times i just have to close 2 eyes and case close. We are the last alternative for her liao cos she flip face with her elder son and elder DIL in msia...So unless one day I kee siao and really buay tahan and kick her out....then she really jiat liat...But having say that she still like to tok behind my backside lah. Nothing better to do. Lucky my sister in law side with me a lot so most of the time she also LL bo bian...

E Tan,
initially have siah. Like alotta things all different style. But I think it's more like different lifestyle instead of culture bah. I do get the pressure when it comes to religiously. Hahah..cos my MIL is more pious type..bao tou kind. But ok la, used to it liao. LOL.

Think food-wise yes leh, big difference. Hahah..like for eg. they like to eat curry and spicy food, I prefer something more plain like chicken soup and noodles etc. My ah lao is used to the chicken soup that I usually cook and I only discovered recently that my MIL cannot just eat rice with soup only, must have chilli or curry or something. Hahah...So I told myself I had to learn some dishes in order to be 'fair' to them if I cook loh. But 70% I still cook the more chinese style dishes that I usually fav. Hahah.
Lagi the worst part, I nv do confinement during my #1 leh. So sad..I had to cook myself loh, how to find confinement lady who cooks 'halal' style? And malays somehow duno why nv practice bu shen during preggie or after give birth.

thng,
damn sian hor the sore throat. Mine will recover very slowly one..it's always like that. Haihs...

Lady Dee,
ok la..14th week still gd enuf liao :p

long feng ma...i am sure when ur 2 bbs are out, ur MIL will come poke her noise and 抢来做...
Cos maybe reaction slow...she see her grandkids 越看越可爱...u want her dun come also hard.....kekekee

smalleyespy
i rem u better as black eye pea hee....

east side got lots of nice food
near the interchange u cross the traffic light at the library there walk straight the coffeeshop got 1 famous fish meat noodle i cant rem the blk.no

Chinz..
Previously my malay massage lady say malay got their own confinement too.
Must drink assam water while chinese drink long gan...to remove gas and water retention...then must eat fish all the way..no meat till 30 days....then i think also got eat jambu...a herbal medication malay normally eat....
My mil cos nonya also forever chilli and curry...no chilli cannot eat...we chee na can only tahan for a period of time then after we want normal chinese non chilli food liao....

Back