(2012/07) Jul 2012

Hi Lovestory,
seems like you experience the same problem for the shoes issue.

Hi lady dee,
have your inform your boss & colleague yet ? must wait till stable then let them know
worse is tmr i got fire drill at company Oh Gosh !!!

i feel so comfortable sharing with your here as cant tell anyone abt preggy issue yet

i have a dog a home, this days he kept on sticking to me wan me to sayang him.

chloe: i din take calcium during my last pregnancy...my gynae discouraged me from buying...he says it increase the risk of baby having calcium in their artery..then become block artery...hmm..i dunno how true is it..cos first tym hear ma..but just follow lo..anyway the mommy milk also got calcium ma..

n i heard eat too much calcium will cause leg cramp as well..thinking back,i din hv much episodes of leg cramp..only one or twice..

but just follow what ur gynae says...cos they r doctor ma...

thng>Nope, haven't inform boss or colleagues yet. But I told my HR. No choice, 'cos they lost my previous medical check-up and wants me to go again. Had to inform them that I can't go for x-rays and take vaccinations.

It does not work for me when I told them that my flats is very nice today! In fact, more "question marks" faces looking at me! hahaha.. so just told them i need to walk more and more comfy in flats!

Hi all, I am new to this post. I was recently taking Duphaston also to stop spotting and cramps. Was also given 2 weeks hospitalization leave to rest at home. This makes me feel even more stress as nothing to do at home and yet have to keep monitoring my situation. I think the more stress I am, the more cramps I am experiencing. Haiz.

@thng, u asking me huh? I tried to call a few but only managed to make a first appt for next week only... will decide later after the first visit
happy.gif
how about you?

ourlovestory,
I plan to tell my boss and close colleagues only when I hit 3months bah. Must wait for preggie beanie to stabilise 1st mah. I only told a couple of best frens, that's it. The rest, later can announce bah
happy.gif

Hi mummies,

I think I'm changing gynae.. Guess I'm not comfortable with e gynae's style n nt so updated scanner.. Haha. Yesterday night read e motherhood forum religiously n decided on dr Benjamin Tham. Think a few of u with him right? I'll see him on e 7th n then c how.. Hope dun need to change my mind again :p

As for the heels issue, I still wore my heels to go shopping last weekend n to work on Monday, hehe. Thank god I'm on leave now so hav no chance to be naughty :p

winingstar:im taking the same medicine as you as i had bad experience b4 doc give me tat to eat to stablise.
rest well at home & dont think too much.

lovestory:yup im asking you thought you have decided on the gynae already.
i'm seeing Dr Yvonne Chan @ TMC.
did my first scan this week only can see the sac as its too early yet.

i only told my parents & in-law abt my preggy issue.

thng>Yes, first pregnancy.

I'm also gonna tell my boss after first trimester. After coming back from x'mas holiday and all. Haha.

think good to drink soya milk but take nutrisoy better. the nutrients better than mr bean. this is per advice of a senior dietician. dont take too much grassjelly as high in sugar content. my mom took royal jelly while she was pregnant with me hence skin very good for me... i also wondering if can take royal jelly now or not...

think spicy food can take in moderation ba.. my mum took mee siam when preggy with me... no prob lei....

seoulover, i think finding good gynae is really by chance and luck... hopefully u like dr tham. =)

Peapea> thanks! Btw I asked during my first gynae visit abt royal jelly.. Cos I've been taking it.. He says can continue to take, no problem

LadyDee- i went to check on BIO-oil just now... but then in the end i never buy.. haha.. cos firstly its newly on the shelves... its more for scars and stretch marks etc.... not totally focus on stretch mark.. and i dun dare to buy cos made in South Africa..lol in the end i bought the clarins one....

heard this one won many awards in women's magazines.. and have been ard for years.. so i tot i try..

can apply on ur breasts too!

Thng! Congrats and Welcome! yeap.. like LadyDee, i also do not have any MS.. and can eat and eat.. lol... so worry not!!

@candy, thanks for sharing on calcium pills. i will be visiting another gynae so will ask for her opinion too.

i have not inform my boss about my pregnancy yet, planning to do so after 3 mths.
happy.gif

i will inform my boss after xmas..everyone in happy mood ma...then prob my mil during cny reunion dinner...hopefully by then can know the gender...cos i think gender more impt for her la..hee

thng and ourlovestory, hmmmm i know royal jelly helps improve fertility. but whether is it good for bb i dont know... but my mum took it everyday when she was pregnant with me... if i may be a little thick skin, i have pretty good and rosy complexion and no pimples all the way until after wedding due to make up build up...

i will also check with my tcm doctor if can take or not

Welcome Thng & Harlow mummies...

Thng, I know how you feel. I same case with u too. My MS siao siao one...Sometimes have sometimes nothing....like today ji dao nothing at all...I also worried but then I tell myself...just do our best and 听天由命...

winningstar:i just took,today is the 3rd day.

hi mummies, anyone taking Goat's milk from hay dairy & those milk powder drinks for preggy mummy?

Winningstar,
I am given 5 days MC to rest at home due to heavy spotting on Monday. I still having light spotting since then. I am gg mad too. So stress when i go toilet n see the brown discharge.I told my husband I m gg back to work next week. Time is so difficult to pass by. I realised i will refresh my facebook on iphone every 20 min. Then at night I will suffer insomnia. Will wake up from 4am to find something to eat. Then, dun dare to go out. Stay on bed most of the time. Now, got black Friday sales in US. You can try to do some online shopping.

winningstar, i have been having spotting since i was week 4. now on injections twice weekly and duphaston 3 times a day. was also on bed rest last week.

do rest well, i keep chatting on forum to keep myself occupied. bought several dvds to watch and distract myself too.

as per gynae instruction, treat as if you on holiday at banyan tree. pray often too... take care ok

Tinggy, I have exactly the same feeling as u. Mine is 2 weeks leave somemore, i just feel like going back to work else I keep thinking about the issue and get myself trapped in viscious cycle. I also dont dare to go out
sad.gif
. Did your doc tell you why you have spotting? Maybe spotting is common? Sorry, trying to make myself feel better.

winningstar, i was dying then... really very scare... but like what gynae said, there are things we cant control. so i could only pray and pray and pray....

for me, my spotting is due to blood beside the gestational sac. hence this pregnancy is still termed as unstable pregnancy... i almost cried at the clinic when i heard it... all i could do from then on is to pray that the blood get absorb and everything become stable...

to the extent going to toilet is very scary even now. find sth to distract yourself k... going back to work might not help.. i had a friend who kept spotting and still went to work despite doc's advice to rest, end up lost her baby...

oh ya, i keep watching those birth stories and motherhood program... so when i see the cute babies my mood gets liften up too =)

Hi Winningstar,
me too.. on CRIB (complete rest in bed) leave but for 1.5wks. Everyday just try to sleep as much as can, surf net, watch movie do nothing lor haha. Try to watch some funny stuffs, so that u wun be so stressed, I tink i gng to finish watching all the youtube videos under "Cute babies" or "funny babies" liao. Haha.

To the rest mummies, I tink much can be debated over what can eat what cannot lor. Cos everyone is different, everyone expects diff, even my mum and MIL both different. My mum first thing say "no chilli", my MIL first meal bought for me after knowing I'm pregnant is Laksa. My mum din even have a gynae when she was pregnant with me, she just walk in to KK when her waterbag burst! And I also here living for 30 years le.. but doesn't mean I can go without a gynae too. My MIL ate alot of sharkfish when she pregnant (in fact she everything also eat but extremely pantang like cannot cut things on bed ect) , google and u can find easily sharkfish is a no-no due to high mercury content, affects neuro.. yet my hubby also come out gifted since young, but his brother was borned mentally disabled. How to say?
I even have friends who continue to drink their daily dose of bubble tea during pregancy n confinement and tell me "aiya you see my baby also ok what.." The list goes on...

What i wan to say is, if u r comfortable eating it, den eat it. Just because 1 person say something is not good or good is not what matters. I choose to be as careful as I can cos I tink if i suffer just for 10months may help my baby be healthier for years & beyond is worth it, even if it may not be guaranteed. My baby did not come easy, I rather be safe den sorry.
happy.gif
happy.gif

Just my 2 cents la... ^^

anyway I just went out and 4 pairs of flats for work and 2 pairs of croc flats!! haha.. Cos u know why? I dun wear flats, so the only pair of flats i have is my running shoes! LOL~ The crocs quite shiok leh.. raining so i wore the new one immediately (cos i wear heels go shopping ma), very very non-slip, makes me feel very very safe. I tried to twist at the drain and wet tiled flooring.. non slip!! :D
I seriously think next Tues when i go back work wear flats, everyone will ask liao.. cos I'm known for wear-flats-soles-will-cramp :p

hi all, i was give medicine to take as i had miscarriage b4 around 10wks,when my first visit to gynae on mon i was so scared. still forbia although it likes 2yrs ago incident.

I pray hard now...
All mummies to be our wishes will come true

fluffy, i agree with you about the food part! different ppl have different saying so see what we are comfortable with lor...

u not working now ah... im considering buying fitflops cuz my slippers can be quite slippery

Lady dee> yah.. im thinking of keeping til after march. not sure how to hide. even now I think im sub consciously sucking my tummy in. not good!

winningstar, yup detected via v scan. it took me one year to conceive this little one. so i rather not take chances and just stay at home =)

peapea,
ya not been working for a week lo.. past 2 days so bored hubby arranged I play MJ with his colleagues while he OT so I not so sian. LOL!
my sis swear by fitflops she said it helped when later pregnancy she started having leg cramps.. but as of now i find it heavy leh so i din buy. And SG sell so ex, I stupidly Sept just went US so cheap there din buy, now come back see the price buay gam wan to buy. :p Cheapo hor. haha

fluffy, i dont think u cheapo la.. i saw the price before.. also think it is ex... it is really cheaper in US ah? then maybe can ask my friend to help me get it or sth... i havent try crocs cuz dont really like the design of crocs..

so u on mc these few days or AL?

peapea,
its abt 40% cheaper in states, i see ard got ppl do Fitflop sprees, but cos its heavy add in the shipping maybe cheaper by 20% only liao.
crocs new designs r nice!! Really u shld just go see.. no more ugly big fat croco head now haha.

me on MC lo. feel like extending all the way til first trimester finish lor. Anyway I am self employed, so no AL no paid MC de, but i have someone to report to, so still need documentation.

Back