(2012/06) Jun 2012

Congrats DS and Priscilla.. how nice to be roomies
happy.gif
Now you both can keep each other company!

Hi mummies

Congrats to those who just given birth.

Any mummies haven't buy electric pump yet? I have a avent pump that come with breast pad and breast shell protector. I bought it at $209. Anyone interested pls let me know. Is brand new. I bought from the Phillip sales.. Pls PM me tks..

@Jasmine - ha I can't send u a private message coz of your settings. Check out Joy Garden at Jurong Safra. Menu 20++ and 25++. They have a number of ballrooms so shouldn't be a problem booking the room when you pop hahaha. Free ktv, projector and PA system.
happy.gif

Audrey

U v relaxed leh lol. Hope u have packed ur hosp bag. N do u have bottles?

Y not try chris' method? Tell ur hubs that he will do all those things himself if he doesn't get them out this weekend heehee

Hi ladies,

Congrats Daffy & Pris on the smooth delivery! Rest well and enjoy your time with your lil bub!
happy.gif

Went for my 35w 5d gynae visit today, our lil girl gave us a nice 3D pic of her. So happy to see her face again after the failed attempt on our last visit. Her growth rate is doing well,just on the petite side. Her weight is at 2.4kg now. Water levels are fine.

Did a CTG scan today as well, apparently gynae detected very mild contractions starting. However he did say mild contractions comes and go so it is still unpredictable. So he has mentally prepared me for early delivery which i had expected.

Gynae also measured my cervix and it indeed has shorten from just last weekends check to 3.11cm, therefore i am mentally prepared for delivery from 38w onwards.

As my gynae is going on leave 1st week of June and will only be back my mid of the 2nd week, i will speak more to my girl and hopefully she will stay in till he gets back from his leave.
happy.gif

So now we have called the vendors to deliver the car seat and stroller over by next week as we still need to clean it.

Who is next to pop? So excited for everyone!
happy.gif

Adeline: your baby weight is good. Went uP from your 34 weeks check of 2.1 to 2.4 right
happy.gif

Do you do squats or any exercises?
When's your next check up appt ?

Hi mumS,

Thanks jul and chris, got ur SMS.
Jul, I think u r next on q also..

Ya, very coincidence, DS is my room mate, we using same gynae too.
Think our baby know gynae going on leave so decided to come out earlier.
And both our boys are really loud.. But I think mine louder. Small mouth with loud voice.. U can't imagine..
My baby mouth so small, when I latch him.. He can only suck my nipple, he refuses to open wider.. Cos me so much pain..
No choice have to sup with fm..while waiting for milk to come in...
Tired

Adeline, looks like your baby is getting ready
happy.gif
Good weight too.

Priscilla, have a good rest and don't worry about the milk, usually take a few days. Can try to pump to stimulate and feed from bottle if it's hard for baby to latch.

Yes Jul, I have delivered bb this afternoon.
Gynae broke waterbag this morning around 830 n put on drip, contractions became more around 1230. 1 pm, unbearable pain, shouting n pushing at the same time. Luckily gynae came at 1, say can deliver. 1.11 bb is out.

Congrats to u too Joeey!
happy.gif
seems like everything happened pretty fast for u. Rest well!

Priscilla

Have a good rest, that will help hopefully let your milk suppy come in soon.

Good thAt you have DS for company! Small world
Isn't it?

Congrats Joeey on your smooth delivery! Rest up now!

Fleur: Yes her weight went up from 2.1kg-2.4kg. My weight on the other hand went down by 1kg. Hahaha....so Dr Chan was pretty happy overall. :p

I dont do squats. I have been swimming which helps with my water retention and walking a lot, as i am still shopping ard.

My checkup is now on a weekly basis and he is going to do another CTG for me next week to monitor my contractions if it has increased.

Nattan: Yup, but her head is not engaged yet. So hopefully she comes out ard 21st June onwards.
happy.gif

Sat 37wk appt baby weight up from 2.4-2.8kg. Have to watch diet as i need to keep baby under 3kg.
I gained 1kg from last visit.
Cervix very stiff. Have to do squats to exercise cervix.

Thanks mummies for the congrats. rem to buy bread,biscuits to eat at night for supper in hospital.. Also bring extra maternity pads.

Hi muummies,

Sorry to interrupt. I have Carters brand new clothes for newborn. All still packed never opened. These are directly from U.S.
These are for quick sale on first come basis.
You only pay for Local shipping and registered mail for shipment is preferred.
**As you can see below,its for boys only.

(1)Carter's 2 pc Swaddle blanket - SGD 15
7086462.jpg

(2)Carter's 4 Piece Side Snap Long Sleeve - SGD 23
7086463.jpg

(3)Carter's 5 Piece Side Snap Short Sleeve - SGD 23
7086464.jpg

(4)Carter's 5 Piece Multi Pack for Boys - SGD 19
7086465.jpg

(5)Carter's Long Sleeve Yellow Bodysuit - SGD 9
7086466.jpg

(6)Carter's Long Sleeve Red Bodysuit - SGD 9
7086467.jpg

(7)Carter's Monkey Pacifier Clip - SGD 9
7086468.jpg

Let's not mess up the thread here, so pls PM me for quick buy.
All items above are based on sale prices as stated in Carters website.

Pls email me directly **Only if you are taking all the items above***
[email protected]

Hi mummies,

Im a mum of a 2 year old myself, so I have seen these items personally and they are cotton and light weight, very frenly to singapore weather, no worries :eek:)

Yours should be weekly after this visit.

I think he is away from the first week of June till abt the 11th June. Check his black appt book.
happy.gif

Oh it is true that his nurse Eileen is leaving, so there is a new girl who is replacing her not the auntie anymore, it is a another young girl.

Ok swaddled her tightly
happy.gif

I just fired my confinement lady. First day came here dislike the milk bread and request us to buy her whole meal bread. Also request for oatmeal and then request for us to buy her anleme milk powder. Sleeps 24/7 in the aircon room and switch the aircon outside in wthe living room too. I told her I don't want my baby to be in aircon all the time as she is premature . She told me it is v hot outside. Sleeps n chit chat on the hp in afternoon and evening. Only cooks and order the maid around. At night I breast feed my baby as such she doesn't have to wake up. Drank and eat stuff from my fridge without asking, attempt to steal my cordyceos and order my maid around. Constantly talk and chides me and my husband all the time. Lat straw was when we bought the Anlene milk for her, she scold me husband for buying the wrong age.

Husband ask her to leave after working here for 5 days and guess what? She says according to law must give whole mth salary if we sack her but she compromise and ask us for 2 wks salary. I was livid and threaten her with police before she started packing

Really really bad experience

merydith > oh dear, hw did u gt to knw tis cl? If fr agency, cn change anthr one. She is vry demandin hor? So wats ur plan for the rest of the confinement?

Hi, wish to sell off some new and unused newborn items.

Items are as follows:

1) Philips Avent Dect Baby Monitor SCD505: New and unused, selling at S$120. A baby shower gift but we already bought a video baby monitor. Original price S$159.

2) 'The First years' Deluxe Drying rack. New and unused, selling at S$30. Original price S$36.

Anyone interested, kindly sms at 97951563. I can give a discount again if both items are purchased together.

Meridyth

Oh dear, yr CL sounds really unreasonable! How did u guys decide to employ her in the first instance?

So what is your plan for the next few weeks then?

Considering your girl is a preemie, I would expect her to sleep quite a lot and best to keep her safe n warm swaddled up.

hi mummies to be:

sorry to interrupt! i'm from Apr mummy and have a few unopened brand new DOM ( 1 litre) to sell.
Please PM me if you are interested.

Merydith, sorry to read about your experience with the confinement lady... this is one of the reasons why hubby and I decided to diy. It's really frustrating to deal with someone who is so demanding (and she is an employee!) and money-minded. As if taking care of the new baby is not challenging enough. But thank God you found a replacement... so try to have a good rest and enjoy the rest of your ML
happy.gif

Oh dear.. Luckily u have maid.. Tats y its scary to hire CL. If not good, very distressing. So many ppl will choose to DIY.
Hope u r ok merydith..

Grats DS, Pris and joeey!

Jul
Not I very relaxed, just that I will get fainting spell and tiredness after doing abit of stuffs. Haha.. I packed my bag 2 weeks ago but still lying in my bedroom instead of car, putting in tonight if I remember. Not planning to use bottles, actually I am lazy to pump out but thinking of pumping the excess for my boy to drink since he is not fussy about milk taste. The last time I bf, I had excess milk so I assume I will have it this time too?

He had finally turned the store room into guest room yesterday, his family will be coming over after confinement. He took out the steriliser, pump and warmer and left them in the yard, expecting me to clean myself when I am free. Hee..

merydith
You still can tolerate her for 5 days, I think i will get her home before her 3rd day if i were you. Haha..

nattan
I remembered you mentioning that you had 3 bottles of sesame oils. We are supposed to replace the cooking oil with sesame oil to cook all the dishes during confinement so I think can finish faster then? Haha..

I also received 3 big bottles of sesame oil recently from his family, thinking how to finish them also. =.=

In case those who are going to diy during confinement interested
My mum bought me red dates (remove the seeds if you want the soup to be less heaty), dang sheng, bei qi, wolfberry, black fungus (mum say this is very good to remove blood clots in womb) or white fungus to boil soup. Add in either chicken or pork and whole family can drink this recipe but must finish within the same day, mum say don't drink leftover soup.

Fungus need to soak to soften first and cut off the hard pieces off before throwing into the pot. Not sure how does the dang sheng and bei qi look at outside herb shop but my mum bought me long, uncut types so I need to cut them into 2-3 pieces first.

Dang gui type soup can only drink after 12th day of delivery.

Merydith.. oh dear.. What an experience! hopefully you can cope with the rest of the confinement..

Btw, thanks Moi for the confinement recipe website. I'm in the middle of translating it into Indonesian for my maid to cook :p

Save $$ on catering. hehehe..

Audrey, I have 2 big bottles of sesame oil.. thank goodness not 3! Thanks for the soup recipe. Will try it out. Any proportion of herbs we should note?

Morning ladies

Hope everyone had a good break over the weekend? Seems like the thread has been rather quiet lately.

Going for my checkup tomo. 37 weeks exactly today! Time really flies man. Really feeling like a walking time bomb. Hehe…going to tidy up my hospital bag and make sure my toiletries are all inside.

It is going to be my last week at work. Will stop work by mid next week and hopefully can some rest and me-time. Just sent my dogs for grooming last sat so it’s now my turn. Scheduled to get myself “groomed” – going for my haircut tomo and maybe tidy my brows a little.

I'm also 36 weeks this Wed
happy.gif
Planning to leave on 13 June, 2 weeks from my EDD. Feel like cutting short my hair cos it's really warm nowadays, but hubby will be sad to see my long hair go :p Not going for facial anymore.. too uncomfortable for me to lie in that position for 90 min even if I ask for towels to support my back.

Sesame oil : any specific brand ?

Merydith: your CL sounds awful!!!! Good thing u fired her. Hope your next CL is better.

Audrey : thanks for sharing. V useful

nattan
Mine bought directly from supplier so it look like this.

7089523.jpg
7089524.jpg

My mum told me to take about 3 from the first picture and cut them into 2-3 pieces while take about 4 from the second picture and cut them into 2-3 pieces. Also can cut everything, put them in air tight container and store in the fridge but my fridge is totally full with other confinement stuffs so I just leave them outside away from sunlight. I think overall need to see how much water we are putting in, I will be using slow cooker.

Red dates about 6-8, wolfberry palm size and black/white fungus few pieces.

Will be asking her for those soup recipes (double boil types) that we suppose to take after 12th day later on, worried I will forgotten the sequence or herbs/ingredients to put in. Haha..

fleurfleur
I think they are about the same, all sesame taste. Haha.. I don't usually use sesame oil, only when I cook sesame chicken.

ssmilezz
I trimmed my hair last month, planning to get another cut only after delivery (perhaps about 3-4mths from now) since that will be the time when we will be dropping hair like nobody business. =.=

heard dang gui wil affect milk supply?
Goin to c gynae tmr. Hopefully by tis wk i cn gt most of the stuff done. Its gona b a busy wk.

I nvr schedule any groomin for myself.
sad.gif
haha, bt alrdy schedu groomin for my car b4 my delivery. Car servicin, inspectio n full groomin!

nattan
I went to look at my sesame oil and realise I got the same brand as you, Ghee Hiang brand. Hahaha... I use pagoda brand at home too, hi5!

chris
Is it? I only get to drink it a couple of times during confinement, at the most 2-3 times and there is only about 2 pieces of dang gui only. I don't plan to drink much of it also since I am the only one drinking it, hubby can't share.

I remembered i had chicken wine too and others more.

Talking about milk supply, I heard black beans (dry type for soup) decrease milk supply so I am skipping black bean soup.

to those mummies that have gave birth in Mt Alvernia..dont mind i have some queries:

- overall cost excluding gynae fees, preferably 1 bedder..

- hows the service?

- got give bathtub right? haha.. and what else?

- if no BM supply, currently what FM are they giving?

- got complimentary parking for spouse? my hb will be there with me for a few days.. imagine the cost of parking without a complimentary ticket o_O i rmb reading in some forum thread that they do give out, but last week false alarm so make a trip there, they say no leh!

Dear 2012/06 mums staying in Pasir Ris,

I'm planning to start jogging after my delivery (EDD mid June) so looking for like-minded ladies
happy.gif

The scales kept climbing and may breach the 80kg limit soon and my height only 1.66m. BMI 29.0 --> overweight?! -heavy sigh-

We can stroll + chat before progressing to jogging.

Thinking of starting July Wk 1:
- mornings 8am to 9am OR evenings 6pm to 7pm
- Pasir Ris Town Park or circuit park connector to Tampines Trail.
- flexible weekdays

Alternatively, we also can sign up for yoga/pilates/gym workouts together
happy.gif

Fleur/Nattan

Both of you around the same timing yah? It’s really hot beyond words la..I have never felt so stinky and smelly in my entire life. Gosh….!!

Sesame Oil

I think mine is the same Chinese brand that you guys mentioned. Comes in a squarish bottle right?

Audreyaw

True leh….i heard the horror stories about dropping of hair! Yikes….but what I really want to do is to rebond cos I haven’t done any chemical treatment for more than a year.

Back