(2012/06) Jun 2012

@sunbelle I didn't take a closer look when I was at nTUC over the weekends. Then now I realised that I need NB diapers the ones I have seems too big, according to 2 mums who got the same brand.

But I heard the Drypers wee wee price quite fix during sales usually about $33 for 2 packs

Kadice

I managed to call mybeautyloft this am. Her ready stock all booked. New stocks coming in early next wk. U wanna call her n reserve yours?

Smilezz

Hiaz i just finished archiving all my emails n documents for my coll on fri. Wanted to pack my cubicle n do last 2pcs of wk on mon but i had contractions on sunday late night. End up i'm on mc now. Trying to delay as long as poss till gynae comes back tmr.

hi nattan, i took them out to see ...havent even open the plastic bag tat contains them. that time was curious at how to attach the hands free kit to the breastshield. so i look for the youtube video.. heheh maybe i should open and really fix the tins in place hor heheheh .....

yeah talking abt dreams all sorts of rare dreams like flooding lor..taking my parents to run away from flooding etc....

<font color="aa00aa">audreyaw,
It's not easy to find brown rice outside and we don't cook at home.

nattan,
Ya, I only eat whole-grain or self-made bread nowadays. The challenge is to finish the whole loaf as my family members don't like them.

Re: Breast pump
I haven't take a look at how to use it. Approaching 37 weeks and there's so much things to do.</font>

sunbelle, moi, ya time to take them out to check the parts and learn how to use the pump.. don't last minute then panic! haha.. At least charge the batteries if you need to. I just got hubby to buy the 2-pin adapter today so will go back and start charging.

Moi, you make your own bread? Wow.. that's good. If you cannot finish, can always keep in the freezer, well-wrapped. When you want to eat, just toast or steam.

Hopecg, if I rmb correctly.. We have the same gynae.. Dr CH Koh right? I'm also seeing him next week! Btw, how many weeks are u pregnant now? Cos I think we are suppose to see him weekly starting from now right?

Oh it's you! I kept thinking who it was.. Yup my next appt w him is next tues 330.. I'm currently 35 weeks.. You? Suppose to see weekly but he's away nw lo

Hopecg, my appt is next Monday at 7pm. He so fully booked for the entire week when he is back lo! I'm 36-37 week le. Is this ur first or second child w him?

thks smilez, got ur email. Hopin i cn book an appt w her tis fri.

Bk fr gynae visit for 35+wk. Bb is 2.7kg, up 300g fr 2 wk bk. I m 500g up. Bb is vry low, close to bein engage. If planned to csec, it wil b on 15th, my gynae is bk on 14th. Bt he is afraid i may go into labour whn he is away. If csec b4 his trip, it means only anthr 1+wk! I m totall nt ready! Nex wk wil c him again to c hw low bb is n measure csec wound thickness u c if wan2 natural or csec. Nw i gotta rush doin everything hopefully by tis wk! Sendin car for servicin n inspection tmr, clean up fridge on thu to prepare for confinement fd storage, wash n charge pump n pack hosp bag, fri goin for hair cut n buy cnfinement fd n the list goes on. I havnt tak my coconut!

This is my second.. Sigh I guess next wk is also gonna wait long for appt.. I wanted to call and ask for appt on 16th sat too.. Cos wanna ascertain if induce is possible and that I'll check myself in to hospital following day.. Pretty set on delivering on 17th

Same here. Oh u mean we can precooked 2 appt at one time? When is ur edd? My edd is 21st. When I see him next week will be week 38th. I was hoping that he could actually induce me. Think he don't have a practice of doing VE for his patient.. So I don't know whether am I dilated or not. But he told me second birth can be very fast, so he say if contraction head straight to hospital.

Jolene, i dun noe whether to bring to hospital or not cos seem like lots of tins to bring there in the two hospital bags liao heheh cos one sling and one small trolley for DH belongings. cos they say not muchie milk for first few days...so i really still tinking..any comments from experienced mums?

hi nattan: tink i better get the packaging out and try to connect them cos i havent physically connect them only watch video which i tink is on theory only lor....

hi chris, mi sama sama as you leh, still not that ready yet. yeah tink i oso better go run all the errands first.

Hope

Will PM you the details too. I wanted to leave my hair alone too but it was too long la...even tying up, the ponytail irritates me and makes me hot. Plus takes a longer time to wash and blow dry so I decided to cut shorter for practical reasons.

Now, my hair is much shorter and my ponytail is like a rabbit bushy tail length. haha...I told the stylist just make sure I can still tie. That's the most important thing. I know confirm sure PONG PONG cos never rebond.
sad.gif

Any reason why u want to be induced on the 17th?

Chris

No prob. Hopefully u can get your hair trimmed before all the madness begins! haha..

Quick quick - drink your coconut! I have been drinking for the past 2-3 weeks already. Feeling a bit sick of the coconut water taste and I"m only taking it like twice a week.

Sunbelle

I still wake up at night. Usually at least once to pee in the middle of the night cos I am always thirsty and I have to drink alot of water. Some nights, I can end up waking up twice. But oddly enough, I can wake up very easily and fall asleep very easily too. So still ok for me.

Jul

Are you feeling better today? Think you prob too stressed about the handing over ba?

Diapers

Aiyah, I didn't stock up on M size. Given that my baby looks to be a big one, I should have.

Today's Checkup

Baby still not engaged yet but very low already. At week 37, she's 3.4kg! I lost around 1kg this week - wierd, maybe cos I put on more last week and had rather bad water retention? My water retention is gone and gynae seems happy and she says, now just wait. Nothing much to do. She says as long as I don't have any major water retention or large weight jump coupled with high BP, she's ok to let me wait out.

@thanks chris for the advice.

Mummies my stomach feels tighter than usual for the past hour. I am in my 37 week already.

IS it time yet?

My husband is still not back home and I left my hp at work I can still afford to wait right, think he will be back home in the next hour or so
sad.gif

Chris

Looks like it's ur turn to worry abt gynae being away. I 好不容易盼到my gynae's back tmr! That's the thing abt edd being in the sch hols. Everyone's on leave lol

Oh so u still haven't decided if u are gog for csec or vbac? I thought u already decided on csec coz sonething abt the wound hurting? If still thinking abt vbac, better eat less hehe. Smaller easier to push out

Sunbelle

Dun need to bring lah. Just latch on in hosp n columstrum amt is small. Wasted to have it all stuck to the funnels n bottles. N if really need, can rent the hosp's pump.

Jolene

Is yours tummy tight all the time? Basically the guideline is whether the intensity increases, frequency increases, issit regular, does it stay even if u change position etc, do u have lower backache as well... If all yes, then u may wish to go to the hosp where they can measure for u.

Smilezz

Hehe dun think it's stress over handover. More like gynae away, CL not ready, haven't finished getting teady for the bb n confinement, if it really is stress. Saying that, no1 came out at 37 wks. I'm at 37wks 4 days, so naturally have contractions also not too peculiar?

I'm so glad gynae's back n i have my appt tmr. CL also ready. So i'm like.. Anytime liao. Just hope mil has time to help me buy the herbs

Thanks jul, it was a false alarm. Getting more and more suspicious each contraction and the little push u feel at the pelvis area. Hahaha.

I told my girl, confinement maid would only be avaliable on the 13th. But on the other hand you will feel anxious to see her.

Got to attend a course today. Hope it will be good.

just back from gynea checkup yesterday.
He didn't check baby weight, saying better do it bi-weekly instead so it will have more significant weight gain.

Last week she weigh 2.776 kg on my 36 weeks 5 days.. Quite big compare to her jie jie when born in 37 week 4 day only 2.78 kg.
But then I also don't know if the gynea USG is accurate.

<font color="aa00aa">Busy at work - so many things to hand over. My colleague (whose EDD is about 5 days later than mine) gave birth yesterday. Time is running out.</font>

Hi smilez,

yup mi trying to get used to the waking up at night. i really wish every nite will be like last nite where i really slept thru. so tired.

Hi Jul, mi same as you. before preggie, seldom eat prata. once preggie, craving for prata often ...hmmhmmm......

hi groovy, think is normal weight. anyway the ultra sound is jus an estimate so dun tink so muchie hehhe

do you ladies have weekly checkup after week 35 huh? cannot believe the big day is drawing nearer and nearer hehee ....anxiety do sets in hahaha

oh yes, for full month party, do people order like a big cake to sing birthday songs and cut cakes huh? i long long time never attend full month party liao leh....any advise huh?

Morning mummies..

Had BH this morning and wished I didn't have to come to work... but still need to document stuff for handover. Hopefully can ask to work from home soon..

Moi when is your EDD? Actually the date is not cast in stone. Some of my colleagues gave birth 2-4 weeks ahead of their EDD.

sunbelle, my check up is not fortnightly but I think depending on the gynae, if it looks like your baby is engaged and ready to pop any time, the check ups may be more frequent.

Re full month party, I'm just going to do a small one with mini buffet or BBQ for close friends and relatives (separately). My office don't have such practice so I am not going to order cakes or anything.. I might extend the party for friends to them, but see how la.. if too many people I'll need to restrict cos it's not good to expose baby to too many people while he's still young.

BTW, birthday song should be for 1st yr birthday huh? There's no need to sing song for 1st month..

sunbelle, this time my gynea is quite generous in making appointment. He arranged checkup in 33, 35, 37, 38, 39, 40 etc..

I can't imagine last time my gynea for #1. I came in my 32 week and he made me appointment on 37 week! And the receptionist just said becoz normal pregnancy so not bi-weekly. Zzzzz...

Luckily I came on my 36 week without any appointment. Otherwise cannot prepare when I came on 37 week give birth already.

Moi, means your colleague's EDD is 28 June but she gave birth yesterday in her 35th week?? So it's a premmie baby? But don't worry too much if your baby is not engaged yet and you don't feel many labour symptoms.

Petrina

Hehe hungry mah. Dun eat now, pop liao how to eat?

Sunbelle

Er actually my cravings r the same, preggie or not lol

Moi

Yeah things like coll suddenly pop early etc serve as alarm bells eh? Like suddenly gotta wake up n start moving, else aws coasting along all relaxed

Groovy

U/s isn't totally accurate. As long as not huge bb, then nvm lah.

Sunbelle

My checkup is still fortnightly at 36, then 38 wks. Next will be 39, then 40, but i doubt i'll last so long

Hmm haven't decided abt full mth.

Jolene

I know! Every piledriver movt my bb makes, i worry that he's crowning lol

smilezz
read ur post later than your mail.. haha.. thanks for the mail! tho beach rd abit far frm my place and lazy me dunno will drag myself down not.. haha!

i wanna 17th cos would like to coincide wth my #1 bday too.. =) hehe.. impractical reason? haha..

just had a early celebration for my #1 at his playgroup class earlier, his actual is 17th june.. but i had his celebration earlier cos he's changing to a new sch end next mth.. and i took this chance as a farewell party of sorts too.. was abit emo when i saw my lil one w his classmates.. hw much he has grown!

Morning ladies, today is my 36th week. Can't believe the day is drawing closer &amp; closer! My work is still so hectic &amp; ask my teamlead to sign off maternity leave form to pass to HR. He still said have to find a good time to talk to my big boss coz she has mood swings. Hear already also feel pissed.. And they nv arrange any handover yet!

Just to check. Does medela PISA pump comes with free bottles? How many? I'm deciding the number to buy at motherhood fair this week. Tks

wow seems like most of you have biweekly check up heheeh
happy.gif
hehehe

nattan : i oso finds it wierld to sing happy birthday song hehee looks like i can do away with the ordering of a big cake heheh cos i really have no idea at all.

suddenly experienced breathelessness this morning ...for a short while cannot breathe...panic a bit and take some deep breathe...searched the web and realise is pretty normal...do u gals experience these symptoms in week 35 huh?

yeah for those whom take gynae package depends on the arrangement of the appointments by nurse rite huh?

kadice : for freestyle it comes with 4 bottles i tink so leh...

Kadice

Pisa n freestyle both come with 4 bottles

Sunbelle

I've been breathless for weeks. Coz uterus expand upwards n bb is kicking.

Jul

So how did your gynae’s visit go? Seems like a lot of gynaes are on leave lately yah.

You called your CL already? My MIL called for me last week and she said the CL just finished the last session so now just staying at home to wait till my turn.

Wah..at 1am you still not in bed and can enjoy supper? I don’t think I can sleep so late and eat so late – will get indigestion. Hehe

Groovy

I have been going for my checkups weekly now since week 35. But each visit usually quite fast – chop chop and then we are out.

Nattan

Thanks for the Motherhood forum link. Hmm..quite a lot of stuffs to see. Tonight must show my hubby.

Hope

No wonder you have a preference for the 17th la…but hor, will your no 1 feel jealous? Need to share the same birthday? And if you induce on that day and give birth same day, cannot celebrate no 1’s birthday leh….

Hi Jul,

i am experiencing for the 1st time ..so quite scary i tot what happen really...yeah keep on breathing...now i noe is normal and less worried.

wow ladies, anyone of you know what is a 24hour telephone line in TMC that we can call while really in labour to go TMC ?

Smilezz

Just reached the clinic lol. Super crowded coz all 3 gynaes just returned tdy from a seminar. Preparing for a looong wait. Hiaz!

Nope. No need to call. TMC alr arranged for her job to end last week so she's also resting while waiting for me.

I can't sleep on an empty stomach leh

Sunbelle

Er u dun call. Just turn up at the labour ward with ur admission letter n they will call ur gynae

seems like motherhood fair is quite big scale.. already took half day to go tmr...dun wana squeeze with the crowd over the weekend..hehe

Ssmilezz, you're welcome
happy.gif
I'm getting hubby to go and help me recce tomorrow.. I don't think I wanna go squeeze in the crowd... high risk of catching bugs which would be terrible so close to delivery.. :p

Finished gynae appt for 37wks 5days. Bb is 3kg n amniotic fluid, placenta position, umbilical cord, heartbeat all ok. Didn't do VE coz i requested not to. Back to waiting game...

I also wanna go to motherhood fair.. But cant..

I will like to share my first few days after birth.
For first time mum, if u planning to bf ur baby immediately after birth. My advice is start applying nipple cream now. And bring ur nipple cream to hosp. You will definitely need it.
For me, I not sure if my baby don't know how to latch/wrong position. Or i keep trying. Cause my nipples to sore and bleed after the 2nd day.
Next, don't be stubborn, my milk didn't come in yet, so have to give fm. Don't make ur baby hungry. After a few days of pumping, I can only pump abt 35ml each time. But baby is drinking about 60ml now..so now is ebm and fm for my baby...

Back