(2012/04) Apr 2012

LittleDd, 42 is the maximum you can stretch. + - 2 weeks from 40 weeks. I think before 32weeks is consider premie and will be difficult to get insurance coverage.

For no.1, I gave up via cesarean at 37½weeks cause she is big and supposed to be induced at 38weeks. Last minute at 37weeks, I've developed pre-eclampsia at 37 weeks, therefore need to go under the knife earlier. For this one, I'm looking at 38weeks too but too early to say now, depends on my condition when nearer.

Ginger, I did 18kg last round. This time Dr Lee says 13-16kg, best is 13kg, baby to be 3kg. I still have room to grow!!! If I can, I want a 3.5kg baby.

littledd, for my #1, he chose to come out at 37weeks 1 day, just passed the full term mark. Babies coming out at 37weeks are considered full term.
dunno when this lil gal wants to "bake" inside till. haha

Bbliss: Avent spare parts u can only get from the headquarters @ Toa Payoh.
Otherwise you can try to google for online sellers.

Ho ho... Welcome to big baby club. My girl was weighing 1kg at 25weeks! Gynae ask me go glucose test cos baby seems to be huge. Going after CNY. =( But on a good note, I only put on 2kg. So I guess that's why other than my belly, i don't really look pregnant.

Me same as Ni. #1 came out at 37W1D. Was 3cm dilated and bleeding on 36W7D, so gynae ask me go home wait and see. If nothing happens go back next day to induce cos i got pre-eclampsia. zzz

I suspect this #2 will come out early again due to her current size. i am getting prepared for early April...

Gingerbreadger: My wgt gain is 11kg and I'm trying to control my diet but with CNY coming, I doubt it is possible.

LittleDd: I gave birth to my boy at 37weeks plus. Got to opt for csect as boy was in breech position. I chose d date as tot it was 38weeks however it was only 37plus week.

i think the CNY will make it extra difficult for me to control my food intake. I love CNY food!! especially steamboat, etc...and pineapple tarts!! i think i have gained about 8kgs already..will see how heavy baby is tomorrow when i go for my check up. yeah, can't believe i have about 13 weeks to go. at times, can't wait to see baby, other times i feel so unprepared that I go into a slight "panic" mode that there seems to be so much to prepare still!

My #1 came out on edd a 3.425kg baby so i always gauge 40weeks
sad.gif
I always hope my babies come out 1-2 weeks earlier becoz I hate the waiting game. Current weight gain is 4kg.

haru: me too!! i'm going into slight panic mode now and then. esp first time, and i wun noe wat to expect esp in the pain department!!! nex friday i'll be into my 3rd trimester..

haha gingerbreadger,
for me, its bcoz i still have not enough baby clothings, breast pads, etc....i am just taking it for granted coz its my second baby so i just assume i should have everything. hee...

Hi, today visited gynea and my BB gal now weigh over 1 kg already. last visit she was jus 600g +!
Gynea said is good weight at this stage. now 26 weeks+. Bad news.. i put on 3 kg! got to look into diet already.. gynea asked me to cut down on sugar stuff..so have to say bye bye to desserts :/ try to eat more fruits and cereal stuffs .. haiz..
I actually dont look that fat yah..just tummy bigger :p

I delivered both at w39. So suspect it wld be the same for this one too. So it wld be 10 weeks more instead of 11! Opps suddenly seem so near... Names not even selected yet. Super lax ya. Lol.

Eliz, my bb weighs 1.1kg at 28 weeks m doc says bb shld b max 3 kg. did yrs mention how big yr bb will be? Am hoping that bb weight can cross 3 kg le. Both no 1&2 are both quite small 2.3kg n 2.9kg only. Am thinking if I shld start drinking similacmum. But scared all the weight will b on me just like prev pregnancies. Really peifu cheekieduckie who only gained 2 kg!!

Pinkbunny
Not exactly sure hw he can turn but I heard some gynae know how to exert pressure on tummy n force bb to move. Hope I dun ve to go thru that.

Hi odiey,
I started drinking formula milk at night from week 12. i am also wondering if the weight that i gain is on me. I drink Anmum but not evrynite, only 3 or 4 times per week.

Little dd
Mine came out at 39 weeks and 1 day
happy.gif

Cheekyduckie
Wow only put on 2kg! champion!

Haru
Same same. Got so many things left to prepare! Same thinking, I keep thinking ‘second child liao so I prob have everything’. Didn’t even get any breastpads, just those that mummy friends passed over. I suppose just have to re-build the cot, clean out sterilizer, wash the clothes… funny how one little thing needs so many things!

Gingerbreadger
Don’t panic. Everyone experiences different kinds of pains. Some people go into labour without even knowing it.

Odiey
Yup, no name yet! Haha. No nickname even. Now it’s just ‘baby’! how interesting on how your gynae can ‘turn’ baby!

Mummies (esp first time mums)
If you are lost about what to stock up on, look out for diaper sales. You’ll go through them rather quickly. BUT some babies have sensitive bumbums and only like certain brands so you may want to share a few packs with a few friends
happy.gif

And if you’re thinking of putting baby on cloth nappies, don’t forget to get the nappy covers (not bumwear – the real fold into triangular shape thing. Old school kind). Now no more liu xing the big nappy pin loh! keke

Little dd
Mine came out at 39 weeks and 1 day
happy.gif

Cheekyduckie
Wow only put on 2kg! champion!

Haru
Same same. Got so many things left to prepare! Same thinking, I keep thinking ‘second child liao so I prob have everything’. Didn’t even get any breastpads, just those that mummy friends passed over. I suppose just have to re-build the cot, clean out sterilizer, wash the clothes… funny how one little thing needs so many things!

Gingerbreadger
Don’t panic. Everyone experiences different kinds of pains. Some people go into labour without even knowing it.

Odiey
Yup, no name yet! Haha. No nickname even. Now it’s just ‘baby’! how interesting on how your gynae can ‘turn’ baby!

Mummies (esp first time mums)
If you are lost about what to stock up on, look out for diaper sales. You’ll go through them rather quickly. BUT some babies have sensitive bumbums and only like certain brands so you may want to share a few packs with a few friends
happy.gif

And if you’re thinking of putting baby on cloth nappies, don’t forget to get the nappy covers (not bumwear – the real fold into triangular shape thing. Old school kind). Now no more liu xing the big nappy pin loh! keke

Wow... So many no.1s here are popped at 37 weeks...mine too, but unlike the no.1s here, mine is only 1.875kg.. And now in 27 weeks, my gynae said that the lo is 650g, so likely to be a small baby.. Haiz..Have put on 10 kg now.. Still need to eat more..

Haha... No need to envy my negligible weight gain. The grass is always greener on the other side. I am actually quite worried cos not putting on weight. It's a very contradicting feeling. But then, I guess I just have to thank my mother for passing the good genes to me. She was telling me she only put on like 6kg last time when she had me and my sister. So i guess it sort of runs in the family. Plus I was close to overweight to start off with. Haha...

Anyway, to know how much weight you put on yourself and how much is due to the pregnancy, you can look up this link.
http://www.babycenter.com.sg/tools/weightgain/

It gives a breakdown of where the weight should be distributed.

Lotusmum,are you small frame? if you are, then you cannot be expected to carry a giant in you mah.

I'm closed to 1.7M. Tall and on slight slim side.

Mummies wanting to stock up on breast pads and last mins shopping. I read that there are 2 upcoming baby expo at Singapore expo in feb, one in mid feb the other in end feb. I'm also planning to buy a few more boxes of breasts pads, wet wipes, etc and hope for good deals on diapers!

Wow.. so many mommies giving birth to no.1 at 37 weeks.. my edd is 26th April (40 weeks), is it too late to start maternity leave on 9th April?

Any baby fairs on today? Am off work early lah..

As for diapers, what's a recommended highly absorbent and non drying brand?

Little DD
For #1 I started ML 2 weeks before EDD so ended up having only 1 week off because I poppsed at 39 weeks. Some mums prefer to start ML only when baby comes, to get more rest and enjoy baby, but I really wanted to have some quiet me time before
happy.gif

For diapers, it's pretty much personal taste. Pampers is known to be good but pricey. Can also check out goon and nepia. I'm a huggies fan for night and drypers for day for babies. Reasonably good and reasonably priced too
happy.gif

LittleDd: Diaper must really trial and error. Better don't stock up too much.
My ger was ok on the Fitties provided by TMC, when we went home, we bought huggies, she was also ok.
Subsequently changed to Nepia and we stick to that cos was cheaper and trim and good. When she was about 14months old, we changed her night time diaper to mamy poko cos she is a very very heavy wetter at night.
Nepia was good for day time and poo! I find Mamy Poko doesn't work for her poo, that's why only use at night.
Huggies texture not good, very rough. Fitties also quite rough. Don't like.

Me will be cesarean, therefore, I will work till then.

Disposable, I used Pampers and Nepia then for no.1. will do the same I supposed. You may go to the respective websites or attend baby talk, you will get some samples here and there to try out. How is goon? similare to nepia?

Do stock up on Desitin creamy (blue packaging), this is a good rash prevention cream.

I hope that Robinson will have a sale in Mar or so with the member's promo of up to 30% and the $30 off with $180 purchase.

Mossie, what is the model of baby monitor did you get? I'm still thinking.

For diapers, my boy was using Pampers during the stay in hospital. Once home, we changed to Mamy Poko & have been using till now. However, in sch, he is using Dryper since cheaper..

how's everyone?

I have lost count on how many weeks i am now. just keep counting back the weeks left from my EDD. LOL.

So far, i haven't started unpacked for bb's clothes yet. getting more kancheong now though it's already the 3rd time i am doing this.

pray hard that bb is healthy when born and all the defects detected during the pregnancy is not right....

For diapers, mamy poko is still my favourite brand but it's quite ex. Huggies dry comfort is quite good.

cheekyduckie
my weight gain is about 2.3kg compared to pre-pregnancy weight. this makes me a bit worried too. 'cos i am worried that i don't have enough fats in my body to give BM to the bb.

Just had checkup at 25 weeks, baby is 930grams but mummy put on 3.5kg in a month! Doc says still acceptable cos overall gain so far is about 4-5kg..but gotto do glucose test next visit. I had GD for #1...
sad.gif

My #1 was induced at 39 weeks due to my GD condition but weighs only 2.97kg, probably I control my food intake too excessively then..
sad.gif

Re diapers, I'm using PET PET for day n huggies ultra at night..tried pampers active before but finds that it leaks at times for my boy..but costwise it's pretty similar tohuggies ultra during promotions..

MeinMe
Yup, me quite small in size.. Before I had no.1, I was 52kg, put on 10kg during pregnancy, after delivery and with breastfeeding, I lost 20kg and was 42 kg.. Now is around 51kg..
Hey, you are very tall.. I'm only 1.6m..

Diaper
I used pet pet for day and night at home.. Huggies pants for outdoor..
Tried pampers active, leaked... And didn't understand why my no.1 was super cranky when putting on pampers diaper..

Hi ladies. Been really sick the past few days so didn't come in. Had bad pains and diarrhoea and vomitting and fever. Not sure if it is a bug I caught from GlenE when I went there on Fri or food poisoning. Anyway, feeling better now.

Regarding countdown, I think I know how kimmy got 8 weeks left. Coz I am also counting down to 8 weeks or 57 days today! My gynae has indicated that there is a chance that bb might come out earlier so counting down to full term at 37 weeks instead of EDD. And it does seem like a lot of mummies here gave birth earlier than EDD so countdown to 37 weeks! Btw, think kimmy and I are one of the early Apr mummies which is why we seem much faster.

Cheekyduckie, my weight gain is 0kg or -1kg! Super worried too as everyone tells me it is not normal but gynae says its ok and bb is growing well so not to worry.

MeinMe, can I check with you where you got your washcloths and towels etc that you posted in FB? Coz I have been around for white ones and can't seem to find and you seem to have all white ones.

Regarding diapers, I heard goon is not bad especially the ones from Japan as they contain vit E. I might be getting a pack to try. Buying from this seller in SMH and 1 pack of 90 pieces is $30 so sounds reasonable. Anyone interested to split a pack coz I think 90 pieces of newborn might be too much and I am thinking of getting Pampers/Mamy Poko to try too. And GlenE will be giving Huggies so think I got more than enough until I figure out which is best for bb.

FYI, next baby expo fair is Feb 17 to 19. Anyone knows when is taka sale? I heard Mar/Apr but then some pple said maybe Jun. If Jun, then I might stock up at expo fair in Feb.

Starrie
Hey 90 pcs at $30 is really good! Can share the lobang?

Btw a favour to ask fr the mummies here: if your #1s are using huggies, if you are not keeping the huggies town "stickers", can I have them pls? It's the oval sticker look alike on the diaper packaging. It's one oval on the red packs and 2 ovals for pull-ups. Thanks in advance!

Hmmm I remembered that I used 1 pkt of pampers newborn in 3 days for my girl!

Please share contact.

GE used huggies now. Last time is Pampers. How about glass bottle FM? We need to pay?

Mummies, been reading your posts quietly for a while. Envy all your excitements. For me I don't have any. Everyday still struggle with the fact that am having another girl, coping w the pregnancy, my work, people insensitive comment and hb disappointmen n ignorance (yes, still). I come from a place where people think no son means no blessing, no one carrying family name, lose face and my hb turned out to be no exception. I don't know if he would be like this for his whole life and I feel really tired, thought I can be strong but it's just too hard... Sometimes i blame it on baby for turning my life upside down and i dread thinking of post delivery. I am such a terrible mummy
sad.gif

Dear Mummies, I had not visited the Forum and Facebook for a long time and only to realise so many happenings to so many of fellow mummies. I had not wanted any of the mummies here to think that I am here to sell or to benefit from you all and had not shared earlier about what I do and what my company product can do for the mummies here but somehow I feel that I must share now.

Also some mummies that I had talk to before here felt that the forum had too many negative things and didn’t feel like meeting or discuss some things. Therefore that had kept me from sharing some info. After knowing all the things happening here in April forum I will share more but when you all read I hope that you will read it with an understanding that these are information for your understanding and necessary action should you decide to get yourself covered for.

I have been in the insurance industry representing Prudential for the last 14yrs and have encountered several of my clients with issues pertaining to their child, before and after birth. Some before birth issues are things like premature birth, pregnancy complication during delivery, still birth, high risk birth eg. Pre-eclampsia or birth with congenital illness. My company understood the need in these areas and was the first company in Singapore to launch a plan to allow mums-to-be to cover their babies even before they were born. This initiative of creating a plan for mums to be and their babies was well received by most parents as they understood the benefits of the plan.

Most or all parents would get their child an insurance plan to cover for medical, life and savings when their child is born but why wait until they are born? When our child is born we would be having sleepless nights and having to cope with the new pattern in life, so parent would delay their planning and sometimes unexpected things happen along the way. I had 2 clients who told me that they regretted delaying their decision (that was before this new plan was launched). Both cases were that their child had UTI sometime after birth and somehow the infection had affected their liver and now it is very difficult to get full cover for their child because there are exclusions imposed on their child’s life for their liver issue.

I have had clients whose 3rd child was born with autism. Autistic children shows less ability to care for themselves in the long run and thus buying insurance to cover for their lives and illness are not easily accepted by insurance company. Autism is also not easily detected when it is mild but most of the time it will stay with them for life. My client had delayed getting her child covered with any insurance when the child was young because it was her 3rd one and she think that there would be anything wrong with her child since she already had 2 healthy ones. When she finally make time to discuss with me, her child could not be covered in many areas.

A colleague of mine had a client whose child was born with a heart issue (not detected by any detail scan) and had to undergo a heart surgery immediately. Fortunately he had bought our company’s plan before the child was born and the parents were relieved since their child had already gotten the insurance in place.

My own case for sharing, my 1st one had jaundice. It was very serious and had to be hospitalised as the doctor needed to monitor and test blood every day. Jaundice level was up and down and there were times that he was about to reach the level where there was a need for blood transfusion. I am sure you all can understand how much I had to go thru then but the lucky thing was I had his insurance in place too and that did gave me some peace of mind.

I’d really love to share more incidents and how our company’s plan can do for an unborn child and mum to be like yourself but some issue are just too sensitive to post. I wanted to share what our plans can do in terms of covering pregnancy complication and pre-term delivery of baby but may be too sensitive since some mummies here are already having some condition or had already given birth pre-term.

I hope that if you mummies are keen to find out more can give me a call at 93872777. I hope that all mum-to-be here can take the first step to find out more of this security plan for our little ones and ourselves. Afterall, we will need to plan for our babies after they are born so why not get them covered when they are still growing in our tummy? If you are keen to know more pls call me soonest as the period that this plan can be accepted is between 18 to 32 weeks of gestation which means we have about 3 to 7wks more to be accepted. Just feel free to call me and let me know your concern and I’d be glad to help you. My HP no. 93872777

Leo, I feel that you should have come forward earlier, however, at least it's here now.

I read and know about such policies which cover the mum-to-be and after delivery will be "transferred" to the kid. I would very much wanted to take up such plan. I've contacted my agent once I've cleared my Oscar test, however, I've pre-existing medical condition which NO underwriter will want to cover me. For the policies that I'm holding, nothing covers under the 37 or so illnesses.

If you are new to this, you may want to check with your existing agent or check with Leo directly.

Starrie, 90 pc for new born is definitely not much! Considering you will prob need to change them about 8 times a day or more. So 90 pcs will last u like 10 days! haha...
I will probably be ordering more nepia for the new baby closer to EDD. Will get a mix of newborn sizes and S size. Cos we can never expect how fast the little ones will grow.
My other mummy group had a lot of mummies trying to "resell"/giveaway their newborn sized diaper cos bought too much during baby fair/expo.
Lesson learnt: Don't be kiasu and buy too much newborn size stuff. Else end up waste $$$. Cos other than size, bb can be allergic, etc. So just buy in small quantities to try. Same goes for those who wants to buy FM.

Where else besides online sites can we get Nepia diapers? Seems like they're the best and not too expensive ones.

How about milk bottles? I've read that NUK has good ones so bought 1 with a S size teat. Not sure if I should get the Avent ones or new Pigeon ones next. Any recommendations?

Any mommies bought the Stokke stroller? It's really pricey but I like the height of it and hubby wants a 3-wheeler. But for the price, I'm not sure if I should get it... any feedback for this?

miumiu: do not feel upset cos baby can feel ur emotion. Ur hubby might need a longer time but does not express himself well. u r a wonderful mummy
happy.gif

LittleDd: Heard alot of ppl using Avent but for me, my son has been using Pigeon. For #2, i just bot the new Pigeon bottles too.

Ladies, I will share the link for the diapers on fb as I only have the seller's fb contact. Also, think might be easier in fb to coordinate or consolidate any orders for delivery and more discounts.

bubuya, you do not accept PM. Maybe can PM me instead?

MeinMe, do you want to PM me if you are still interested in taking up the policy? I am not an insurance agent but I also have a lot of pre-existing conditions and I was also rejected for many normal policies and even the mum-2-be policy. But I appealed and managed to get my agent to push through. Can share the details of what I did if you are interested.
Btw, not sure if you are referring to getting free glass bottles or getting bottles of FM from hospital but I think that the policy of $1 per bottle of FM is already in place at TMC and Mt A. Not sure abt GlenE but suspect should be the same.

Cheekyduckie, I know 90 pieces of newborn diapers is not a lot but I am also thinking of getting other brands to try and a mix of newborn and S size. So I think 90 pieces from just 1 brand for newborn might be a bit too much. Coz like you, I also heard that size and fitting might not be right and bb can be allergic etc... so I want to get a few brands and try and see which works best. Hoping to use cloth diapers as soon as possible too!

littleDd, I am going to use NUK bottles. Probably using glass ones first and if really break easily, then switch to plastic bottles. If I am not mistaken, for plastic bottles, PES plastic is the best followed by PP plastic. Most brands (even NUK) uses PP but Avent does have a range of PES plastic bottles. Not sure abt the new Pigeon bottles. Anything special abt them? Can share?

miumiu, please don't be upset and discouraged. Maybe everyone needs time to adjust. Once bb is born and everyone sees how cute she is, they will love her just as much.
Cheer up and jia you! Not long to go!

CheekyDuckie - hahaha wow you use so many poise packs already ah? hehe I finished my stock but good thing goodie bags all have one big pack each (although a bit thicker). Heck ah...but I must say with those poise pads below, I don't freak out as much when I sneeze to look around for bathroom. Heh!

Odiey - hehe Starrie is right, I'm counting down to week 37 that's why. Mwahahahaha. Excited to see baby and also because gynae mentioned probably will be earlier in the last 2-3 visits. In a way counting down this way also ensures I quit procrastinating earlier and get all my things done :p

starrie - yes we are around the same time. Birth buddies! 8 weeks sounds so fast, yet so far, yet not everything done yet. Hehe. I need to cheong for the next bb fair already.

miumiu - I'm sure when they see your baby, everyone's heart will melt!!! Always the case. My SIL (from china) also insisted on having a boy and all.but the moment her bb girl was born, everyone sayang...and like what starrie said, I'm sure they will love her just as much. You're not a terrible mummy okay!

Kimmy: Yes. I used a lot of Poise packs. Especially when my cold and cough is real bad. Can leak very very bad lar! Sometimes i feel like i just peed in my pants. ARgggg... At least no need to run to bathroom like crazy.

Nepia diapers u can get from some NTUC too. But not all NTUC have. Sometimes NTUC got offer, cheaper than website. =)

Bottles and teats also must trial and error. Cos some babies dun like certain teats. These little creatures are really troublesome! I was lucky cos my ger was ok with the Avent. Now I am hoping #2 will be too, so that I don't have to get brand new set of bottles... =P

LittleDd: u might want to consider the weight, foldability and portability of the Stokke too. I see a lot of other 3 wheelers at mothercare habourfront. u can go there try try before deciding.
My #1 hardly uses the stroller when we bring her out. It's either hand carry, or baby carrier. Stroller we put at the babysitter's place so that she can bring bb along when she goes market or out.

Thanks Starrie, I'm fine.

I've started with different brands for no.1 till bFree. They are pricy!! This time, I'll be using bFree, someone gave me a set of Avent starter set, will standby that.

I'll do disposable for the initial few weeks then move to Bumwears as soon as the little one is "stable".

LittleDD, Stokke is considered as 1 of the high-end stroller. I supposed the amount you spend = quality you are getting. Questions to ask:
1) How often will you use it?
2) Who is going to use it?
3) For how long? I supposed will be 2-3 years as thereafter will move to those light-weight (4kg) stroller
4) Where are you going to use it, road condition

Back