(2012/04) Apr 2012

thanks gingerbreadger!
dun sorh tummy ah... i always do that leh, esp when applying stretchmark cream. oops. better limit this action.

morning mummies..

oh..i always sorh my tummy leh..esp when the babies suddenly go 1 side and the stomach harden and it hurts a lot, i will sorh it..cannot ah? then i better stop hahha

yeah mrs wong said its not good to sorh the tummy. just imagine u take a warm bowl of water full to the brim, then when you sorh, heat will produce between the palms and your skin, it will create further heat to the water bag. and when you circle it, it creates a whirlpool effect inside.

my fren's gynae aso told her the same ting. so if you wana 'communicate' with your baby, jus tap using your fingers. it will create ripples inside the waterbag.

Pink bunny..i also cant reach to cut my toes nails! That day I ask my hubby to cut for me.. Save $$.. No need to go pedicure..cos I don apply nail polish
happy.gif

Ya..i also can hear heatbeat beating v fast while climbing stairs.. Heard that we mus do some excercis too.. But not too much of cos. I read from babycentre website..our bb now about 35cm already
proud.gif

Yesterday I was lying still on the bed watching TV.. our lil beanie was kicking non stop. So Daddy was staring at my bump and he could literally see her moving!

It was really wonderful!

Daddy has been seeing lil one moves but d moment he puts his hand there, my lil one stops. However, yday daddy and #1 were taking turns to put their head on my tummy and were kicked by my lil one. Must be telling daddy n korkor not to press too hard cos no place to move..

Ooops, I didn't know about the "sorh"!!! No wonder when I sorh, movements stopped, I still think that he is behaving. Tonight, I'll get my girl to do her piano practice on my tummy. kekekeke.

Finally, coming to 24W this sat.

I've just received 2 bagful of boy theme pass-me-down, let me know if you need any, we can share. Also the preloved and pretty new bumwear with inserts which my friend wants to let go are with me too, will take picture of actual and get picture online to update you all. All in plain colors.

i do not know "sorh-ing" tummy is no good. I was
Ms Tan: my hubby also cut for me! heehee, even b4 pregnancy he will also do for me. he cannot tahan my laziness...

just asking hubby yesterday night y some pregnant lady like to "sorh" tummy when walking...

haha, luckily i do not have the habit.

yesterday evening n night n this morning sudden chest pain. hope everything is fine for me!

I have the habit of stroking my tummy now and then. It can get a little distended. Also sometimes when i slouch forward, i can feel bb kicking my ribs and then when i lean backwards, he will stop. Think he wants more tummy space... haha. BB kicking comforts me a lot. BB keeps me company too when my hub is overseas working and im alone at home.

I think it was quite useful learning from Mrs Wong's class that we cannot "sorh". Before that, I also didn't know and thought it was ok. Hee... So now I do the "butterfly" or piano movement. And the bb does respond.
happy.gif

pinkbunny, I think tapping is ok too. gingerbreadger mentioned it was the other method you can use? I can only remember the butterfly or piano method. Dozing off in the class... Haha

littledd and gingerbreadger, my hubby and I also like to watch my tummy move! Quite fun and amazing!

re: coconut water
Think my CL says can start taking 1 coconut at around 36 weeks. I vaguely remember her saying can increase by 1 coconut per week but not sure. Can someone confirm?

haru, sorry, they are pre-owned that is washed and maybe wore a few times or not at all. Overall, they look new to me, no used smell.

Bumwear pocket diaper with 2 inserts, letting go at S$22 per set, if getting more than 2 sets will be S$18 per set. Retail is S$41 (S$27 + 7 + 7) per set. http://www.bumwear.com/shopping/clothdiaper/catalog.php?category=14

<font color="ff0000">Please PM me if you are keen, do not post here. Collection at Clementi or City Hall MRT, other location can be arranged.</font>

6546444.jpg

oooo i din know cannot sorh leh:p but anyway i always beat my tummy when he keep moving non stop even in the middle of night ... so irritating leh, i want sleep &amp; he keep swimming here &amp; there :p

Re: Coconut drinks
For mine 1st one i din drink, my mum said some ppl health cannot take coconut drinks, bb come out might asthma ... she will brew Ju Hua + Jin Yin Hua for me to drink, that was nearly 1 month to delivery ... I just drink 1 cup every once / twice a week ... mayb mummies can give it a try
happy.gif

if i remember correctly, drinking the coconut drink (or some say eating 'coconut jelly' - which is really yummy) will help baby come out 'cleaner'. i drank it cos i love love love coconut, and my baby came out relatively clean i think

ohhhh had my check today at 25.5 weeks. baby is 800+grams!

Hihi
Today went for my check up
Bb is 27 week but baby still very small. Only 732gram
sad.gif

I had been ordered to put on bb's weight to be 1.5kg next appt. Was asked to eat 2 eggs each day n increase milk intake to 3 times a day. And rest a lot more so bb will grow.
Quite worried. Asked gynae if will post any prob to bb, she say not yet.
So I have mission now to eat more for bb, hope all the nutrients and weight gain all go to her next time when I check up in Feb.
I think partly becos this time round, compared to when having #1, I have little appetite n lesser time for myself. All used to accompany #1. Last time remember will go with hubby to eat buffet, eat this n that.
Hope no one is facing same prob as me.
Good weekend to all!
happy.gif

Hi jesline, I'm told to eat alot to have a large baby (for ease of surgery) though bb's weight is good currently.

Gynae recommends more meat: beef, duck or pork. Fish and chicken not so ideal.

Others recommend durian.

I'm thinking whether ice cream will help too (and improve appetite at same time)

Also sleep more and try to lie on left side as much as possible so that the bloodflow is improved and bb gets more nutrients.

If you can't make time because u are working, why not try asking for medical leave from gynae so that you can sleep in more?

Jia you, dun stress yourself!

Morning mommies..
how is everyone coping with the pregnancy?
My no.1 has just recovered.. Was really tiring to look after a sick child for the entire week, very clingy, cranky, reject daddy, want to be carried all the time.. With the bump, it is very difficult h to carry her all the time.. Thank God it's over..

Durian
Have been eating durian hoping that no. 2 will be bigger as my no.1 is very small at birth.

Durian. Have craving for many days, but stomach having pain, hubby forbid me to eat now... Sian.

Hopefully for my Mon appt, gynae will tell me bb's weight.after wk 16, gynae say scan is only for parents' sake, not important. Come back for appt to make sure protein n sugar level, blood pressure is normal only.

Have a great wkend

Lotusmum, similar as you..#1 was down with flu n viral fever for a week before Xmas...finally recovered on Xmas Day itself..phew! Thats the best present I have ever received...Funnily, found that #1's speech grew leaps after that sick episode...Started jabbering sentences that are clearer than before, vocab grew as well...Before that, I was a bit worried on his slow speech...

At 24weeks now, but Im starting to feel the weight of the tummy..straining at times...Must sit down to put on my bottoms..Another 3 months to go..Jia You, everyone!

I am back from my gynae check up.. Did not manage to take a nice photo of my baby and see her face.. Cause she very secretive and her head is at my belly button which a even harder to scan, DR say she is a little Charlie angel.. Very secretive and commented have so much space but she like to rest at the lower tummy area hahaha, weight is around 500+ during 23 weeks he say is average
happy.gif

Hi mummies, busy with work and long time never follow the thread. Seems the group of chats getting bigger and bigger.;)

I have problem to find someone look after my baby now. My first is now in a full day Childcare. initially was thinking to get a baby sitter to take care my baby day &amp; nite.. Cost about $800. now was thinking to get a maid instead. Cos having sick last week and realised need a Helper on the household... Especially during weekend...
But not sure is it safe to leave the maid alone at home to take care the baby after my 4 mths maternity leave. Any mummy leave her maid alone at home take care their children? Hope to get some sharing here... Thanks

Hi mummies! Hows your Saturday so far? I'm officially 27 weeks today! 3 more months to go!
happy.gif

Feeling heavy already, Im waddling like a penguin!

Today went for my antenatal class at NUH. Was given the facilities tour today and the real class will begin next week. Total 8 classes but the 8th lesson will be after birth cos its a massage class for your baby. Am loving the way they explain things just now, very clear! Looking fwd for next Saturday!
happy.gif

Just went for my checkup today. Baby is 17.2cm and weighs 657gm at 24weeks. Brought my son to my checkup for the first time and he is very happy to see his didi!!

I am also having craving for durians. Bit restrain from eating too much as afraid of having to big a baby n also fear of getting GD. My first one is 4.14kg at birth natural:p

Twinkystar: 4kg!!! Omg!!! You are good!
happy.gif

I'm aiming for a 3.5kg bb, c-sect (which may be a feat as hubby and I both small size). But, my new gynae didnt scan the bb on my first visit with him - just Doppler to check bb heartbeat. He doesn't even has a scan machine in his room. Lol. Now I dunno whether bb is average or small at 25 weeks. Hai... How to plan my diet accordingly? Just whack durian and pork I guess.

Mossie
I also kena cough and thought can get gynae to give me med, but my old gynae just told me to do some chest expansion exercise and refused to give me med..so in the end, coughed for 3 weeks and just recovered..

mossie, mixed apple cider vinegar and water to gargle 3 times a day. Morning wake up, gargle with salt water also works.

ladies, please PM cheekyduckie to join our FB Apr private group, we had a discussion on after delivery childcare, helper, nanny options.

Twinkle,u so steady??? 4kg,natural some more...
I love durians too,not craving but me myself likes durians
During #1 i ate alot but bb din turn out big..

I saw some mummies posted their tummy,all those mummies so slim leh..i tink i becomer bigger with this #2,when i hv #1bump start to show only at 5th months,6 months ppl tot jys intial stage,but nw totally diff leh,felt so fat

Good Morning Mommies!
MeinMe, Thanks, I have pm-ed Cheekyduckie.
Twinkystar: 4.1 kg is amazing. My sister's was 3.9 Kg and I thought hers was big already.
Ladies, did anyone of you deliberately choose c-section instead of natural birth for no 1 baby?

Dolphin, I've put on 18kg and managed to shed 20kg after no.1. I've put on 2kg after a miscarriage the year before and put on another 4kg when I join this company. For this pregnancy, gyane has advised to stay between 13-16kg. Now at 24weeks, I've put on 7kg, hitting 70kg soon!!! However, I do want to put on weight to have a bigger baby. My girl was delivered at 37½weeks at 3.5+kg.

Please tell me who is slim at this stage? NOBODY!!!

Beowie, I have wanted to try natural for no.1 and supposed to be induced at 38weeks (because baby was big), however at 37weeks check-up realised that I've developed pre-eclampsia (hypentension), no choice, cecarean.

Twinkystar: 4kg &amp; natural?? You are my idol!!!

Durian: I am so into durian this pregnancy. I guess gotta cut down due to high sugar content.

Last weekend, I've meet-up with 1 of my BF friend, she has feedback that the Boots milkbags did leak and she thought is "mis-handling" by the care-givers. I supposed if you used it for transporting is fine, not for freezing. To be safe, I'll get Lansinoh.

Mummies who are sick - Take timed release Vit C tablets. Really helps you get better faster!

andreanie: not to worry too much... i'm also not gaining a lot, 3kgs... and a lot of ppl commented on my small tummy. Quite worried initially that bb is not gaining enough weight. Last round of scan @25 weeks asked gynae on the weight, she said it's within average, assure me not to worry too much.

Hiaks.. All this talk abt weight gains .... At 25 weeks check up.. Overall weight gain is 5kg.. But out of tt 3kgs were within the mth... Dr wasn't really happy with it.. Hope I will not put on tt much again man...

Back