(2012/04) Apr 2012

<font color="ff0000"><font size="+2">KWXY,</font></font> <font color="0000ff">do you know that you are spamming the threads? You may risk getting your account being suspended? Do consider to set up a thread in Bulk Purchase or business. Thanks.</font>

CheekyDuckie - so far my pain threshold quite high. But not sure how it will be during labour! lol! But I already say to myself, if can tahan, i will. If cannot, I will ask for epi! lol!

Pinkbunny - ok how do they insert the pee bag in your urethra? i never used one before, pain or not when they put the 'straw' in? yours is natural delivery? wonder if c-sect still difficult to pee?

I have too many friends who are in normal delivery, going thru the contractions and then last min must do c-sect. So i just scared it will happen to me.

andreanie, i had that peebag inserted in me after delivery! it was a torture. according to my gynae, i had over exerted my bladder when i was pushing the baby out, so my bladder couldnt function properly. i couldnt pee out the urine!
sad.gif
when doing ultrasound, i was found out that i have almost 600ml of pee in my bladder. so i was on peebag for 1 week, had to bring it home. had to pour away the urine after few hours when peebag is full. very torturing! almost went into post natal blues!

andreanie
yup natural delivery. i don't remember feeling it. the nurses asked if i would like it cos i was peeing so much and super paisay to keep asking for bedpan. and also cos i was on the dunno what drip (the one to speed up contractions cos mine came soooooo slowly), so couldn't go to toilet

all sorts of people seeing you in all sorts of positions, having to rely on everyone for help.... giving birth is a beautiful but also a very humbling experience
happy.gif

Ni, you mean when bb kicks it's because he doesn't like the food? I always thought it's the other way round haha silly me.

Like whenever I drink soft drinks and eat honeydew he will move around, I thought he likes so I've been eating honeydew everyday! Oops!

Meimei. Bb plus start on 18 weeks. After all the lessons finish just continue to play the last lesson till deliver. Ya this is my second pregnancy. The bb plus pass down from my gal who now already 28 month old.

Cheekyduckie, u may search other mummies who selling they preloved set? May cost cheaper.

pinkbunny , is good to hear good news
happy.gif
COngras .. u can enjoy ur preg
happy.gif

wonder how come so many mummies went for detailed scan ald ah .... mine hvnt wor , scheduled to be 5 dec .. i worry my placenta low leh , last scan show low but gynea said is alright de ... haiz ....

Blood pressure: -

May i know preg woman blood pressure generally is how much ah ? previous visit my blood pressure 60 / 80, my gynea asked me if i am feeling giddy / often feel giddy. which i said yes, i on off feel giddy lor, but still go work lah, cos used to giddness ald , cant possibly every now &amp; then MC leh ... else next year performance sure bad one ...

Tangerinez: super comical, was laughing while reading your anecdote. I guess, all mommies like to indulge their precious ones with anything the lil one likes.

Labor
Thanks so much for the advice, yup, I guess I'll consult my gynae during the detailed scan.

Can't wait for the detailed scan to see how the babies are doing. The only time when we get to see how little precious is doing inside.

ni- wow didnt know labour can cause a lot of straining! poor u!

pinkbunny - oh i see, i guess now it seems like different woman will experience different kind of pain during labour. i think i must stay calm through the whole process.

Quick Q.. what's babyplus and what's it for?

Does this mean that once we start feeling contractions, we can go on epidural? Omg all along I thought it's only right before the baby comes out that we get the jab.

First time mummy here freakin out on the delivery process liao

Hey Dolphin.. my detailed scan is further man.. 14th Dec.. supposed to be the week before but I'm gonna be away so postponed. Sigh... guess we're the late april bloomers. Hahaha!

LittleDd
I actually told my gynae to let me have the epi jab the moment my contractions start. I have NO threshold of pain. haha. So my delivery process was pretty smooth. Recovery also good.

LittleDd: You are not alone, freaking out on the delivery process. The first time mommy thing:/

andreanie: thanks for the info on the blood pressure level! I wouldn't have known otherwise.

LittleDd, once u go into labour, you can start epidural. I only got mine administered, when... i cannot take the pain anymore, which was like 45 mins before the bb came. But i think due to my higher threshold, i could still hold myself still for them to do it.
Advice is to take earlier. Cos when the contractions come big time, i was squirming in bed and cannot lie still. Epidural needs about 30mins to 45 mins to take effect.
But that said, the nurses and gynae will give u the best advice. Cos i have seen friends who went in and immediately ask for it, and the labour was so long and slow, that they had to get another round of epidural. $$$$$$$

I remember the TMC talk mentioning that there will come a point when they cannot give epidural anymore. Some time when the bb is already on the way out. Or beyond 8cm dilation.

So for me... it was only useful for the birthing process and the stitching up after that.
Maybe because i take mine at a later stage, so i didn't get much side effects after that. No puking, no cold shivers, etc.

My detailed scan is 2 Dec! Week 20! Latest to take is week 22.

Hi mummies,
Just went for my detailed scan this morning. Everything is normal, which is a relief. And we had a very pleasant surprise today. For the past 1 mth, we have thought the bb is a boy as told by my gynae at 16 weeks scan and today it turned out it's a gal! The sonographer asked if we already knew gender and I told her we want to confirm. Then she just blurted "It's a girl." Imagine the surprise on our faces when we heard that! LOL... For 1 whole mth, we have been referring to her as didi. My dream has turned out to be true again for the 3rd time! So happy that I have another girl to doll up! Hahaha... But better to get gynae to confirm again the next mth just in case...

I also wanna know what is this babyplus abt...

Hanny,
The premier 1 bedder is more exclusive. It's situated on one particular floor in one corner and there is a team of dedicated nurses that will cater to all your needs. The rooms are bigger than the standard ones and the decor is also more high class. Think you will be able to see some pictures and description in the TMC website. One of my Indonesian friend ever booked their biggest suite room and it was 4x the size of the standard room with a super huge LCD TV screen. It even comes with a pc connected to the internet and also equipped with steriliser as well. But the price is also super steep for that room! Dun think they will put you in this particular room even if the rooms are full la. hahaa... who will wanna pay that price!

I probably will start on epidural almost immediately once the contraction starts. Pretty low threshold here.

Is it literally everyone who has had epidural would get some form of side effect?

I gotta wait till 14 dec when i'm at 21 weeks for the detailed scan! almost a month more lor

Odiey: initially, i wanted to book the premier room for #1 also lar! but after some thinking... we decided to save the money for better stuff. We brought our own lap tops to use there. Wi-Fi is free, so that's ok.
My friend actually got a free upgrade to premier cos the normal ones fully booked.
Actually for me it doesn't matter. I just want a place to sleep. haha... Am not a TV person. So big LCD, small LCD really no diff. I just need internet, and a lot of sleep.

Hanny: if you want, can go do the hospital tour! it's free. I did for #1. Got to see the ridiculous suite too! it's madness. Can play mahjong in there lor!

i think my detailed scan is the latest on 19th dec @ 22 weeks..but im seeing gynae on 28th nov..hope can tell the gender by then...i cant wait to go shopping now that my MS is finally showing signs of easing up..
happy.gif

For #1, i requested for epi the moment i admitted with contractions about 30mins apart..dunno if it helps in relaxing the body, but i was administered epidural at ard 8pm, cervix was fully dilated and able to start pushing at 12am..

Hanny,
This is my medical bill for delivery in TMC back in 2010.

Hospital Charges
Package : (Assisted delivery with forceps with epidural) 1-bedded 3D2N - $2170
Accommodation topup ($158*2 nights + $588) - $904
(Cos no more standard 1-bedder, got to pay for upgrade to Premier, and got charged additional night cos I admitted to delivery suite in the night, so it’s a total of 3 nights)
Accommodation for Companion ($75*2nights)-$150
Drugs/Medicine -$70.90
Medical Supplies -$70.50(This includes cotton balls @ $2.80/pack of 10pcs, protective sheet for bed @$4/pc, sanitary pads @ $5.20/pack, gloves @ $4.20/set etc etc)
Procedure ($100*1nite in delivery suite) -$100
Facility ($15*3days) -$45
Thalassemia screen -$46
Less FBI discount -($100)
GST -$241.94
Total Hospital Charges -$3698.34

Doctor charges
Gynae (Not including deposit paid at clinic) -$1765.50
Doctor administered epidural -$350
Total Doctor charges -$2115.50
Less FBI discount -($88.27)
Grand total : -$5725.57
Medisave claim $3050
Cash outlay $2675.55

So bz lately and had not gotten chance to post latey.

Sat Yoga at Forum 11am. Anyone on??

1)Leo baby
2)Meinme?
3)Tangerinez?

eh..just wondering...tmc like not very consistent hor..seemed like sometimes they charge premier upgrades (like my case), sometimes they do not when the standard 1-bedders are full?

Hi MEinME (meinme), noted on your concern...FYI...im a feb 2012 mum to be and i do know some of the mummies in this april 2012 thread...since TTC days...so im sharing my updates to the mummies i know...and they do want to know more updates from me...dont think im spamming.

But i will definitely consider to PM if you are very bothered by it
happy.gif

Leo_Baby: I will go if i can find baby sitter on saturday. It's my regular class. But haven't gone for a couple of weeks cos on holiday. =)

Ethan: yes... i agree with inconsistency @ TMC. No sure why. Have heard different versions of getting upgraded, some paying, some not. When i did my admission last time, the nurse at the counter did tell me will need to pay if no more std room and upgrade is required. Otherwise, the other possibility is that, mummies do not check the bill lor! so they thought upgrade is free.

Hi KWXY - Perhaps PM is a better option. Cos its like we are 'talking' here and we have 'advertisements' interruptions every now and then.
happy.gif

CheekyDuckie - Your detailed scan on 2 Dec ah?? Great, lets countdown together! 14 more days for me and 15 more days for u! hehehehee....

Ethan_Ethel: Thanks for the break down. Btw, what does it mean by "baby charges"? We've only been informed about the hospital and doctor's (and team) charges.

LittleDd: Baby charges are stuff like, diapers, wipes, nursery room, incubator, etc.
So basically nothing is free lar. Not sure if they charge u for formula milk, if u do not opt for full breastfeed though.
Mine was full breastfeed, so no FM cost. Just the nursery, diapers, wipes and other consumables.

LittleDd
I didn't have much side effect. Just abit numb from all the lying in bed.
I was in the delivery suite from 8pm - 5am!!!

A little sharing mummies> Pls start to get a camera and videcam that your hubby likes to use and get him to start practising to take pics and video of you in different mode. If possible get those DSLR camera. pics more clear. Must get them to be on the camera so that most pic will have you and bb. My HB refuse to use my DSLR camera and most good pic have to be taken by me and end up I am not in most pic. Better start now then to wait for bb delivered.

Leg cramp> Not free to reply one of the new mummy in here so didn't take note of your name then. Leg cramp will happen to ppl who has lack in calcium (according to my Dr words in the first preganancy) so better to take calcium supplement and flex your toes and feet upward towards yourself to relief it. if still cannot wake hubby and ask him to do it for you.

Baby charges breakdown for my #1 at TMC:

Baby package (2 days) - $338
Sanitizer Handrub - $15.10
Medical Supplies - $41
(Details says this is mainly a Baby Admission Package..think this include the diapers etc bah)
Screening tests (think some are optional) - $319
(Bilirubin, Metabolism, Haemoglucose, Newborn hearing)
Pediatrician charges ($100 x 2days) - $200
Less FBI disocunt -($18.76)
GST - $48.61
Total : 942.95
Medisave claims - $806.57
Cash outlay - $136.38

haha..just to share..for my #1, we prepared camera, videocam etc...but did not get to use much..cos hubby was too busy encouraging me to push hard and then subsequently cutting umbilical cord, witnessing the nurse weigh and record stats for the baby etc
The first picture we managed to take with baby was when baby was wrapped and placed beside me to be pushed to the ward...somehow feel that we missed out the memorable parts in pictures/video but hubby says he is too busy to juggle so many things at the same time...haha, think i shall spare him bah...
happy.gif

Ethan, What I meant for photography is more for daily photo taking during bb growing up time. my hb also didn't take those video of delivery because the angle is too private and bloody to handle. although i did see ppl taken pic at right angle to the opening but also very bloody loh. I wont like those pics as well.

oops i see..sorrie...misinterpretation...for growing up years..i do agree DSLR is good....we got one and can capture all the little actions nice and clear...No regrets!

haha..i mind my own bloody pictures too..but i think i dun mind baby's..wish i have some pictures of baby's first moments (with umbilical cord attached)...

If its a ger this round, im thinking of getting the newborn photography from studioplay(ex-sean lau photography)as well..the baby girls looked so sweet on the website!!

Hi,

I have following BRAND NEW items for sale:

1. Pigeon wipes with casing (x8): $4.90
Usual: $7.90

2. Tommee Tippee 0-3m Pacifier (x1): $4

3. Pigeon Milk Bottles (x2): $13 each
Wide Neck, Peristaltic Nipple, BPA Free, 240ml

Collection at Sengkang MRT.
Pls email me at [email protected] for photos.

ni, accurate for no.1, hope no.2 also correct.

All I can say is that patch of pink for age between 30-35 is very true for people around me.

cesarean, papa not allowed inside OT. I need to check if is ok for epi cesarean.

Anyone doing pregnancy photography? I'm keen to do this time as is the last time for me. Any recommendation?

meinme, me! i want to take prenatal blooming shoots too! i told hubby, i dun care i definitely must take maternity shoots! haha, and i wanna go nude if i can! the more famous ones are studioloft, f8angels, and whiteroom.

my fren took with whiteroom. quite exp!

Dolphin, my normal pressure is slightly lower, that is. 100/60, average is 120/80. I ever fell below 100 and I can't get up from bed, head spinning! I'll get HB to let me eat something on bed, when better than get up. I've a BP meter at home as I suddenly developed pre-eclampsia aka hypertension at 37W, gynae made me buy to monitor!

There is no medication for low pressure, do be extra careful, do not get up suddenly, do it slowly especially if you need to get up at night to urinate. Do not bend your head too low down then suddenly up.

Blood pressure. Normal pre-preg blood pressure is 100/80. During pregnancy, anything less than 130/100 is considered ok. Cos BP usually goes up with the pregnancy.
Gynae will usu advice base on individual cases. 1 bad reading doesn't mean anything. If it's consistently not ideal, gynae will ask u to monitor yourself at home.

Pinkbunny : Heehee... will wait till boxing day sale then buy.. now only slowly targetting wat to buy and only buy things that are on sale... heehee... v cheapo...

Ni : hahaha.. my bb always v quiet in the morning only active in late afternoon/nite.. even ystday at the detail scan in the afternoon can still see her putting her hands behind her head to rest and refuse to budge when the dr try to move her to look at the placenta... tried more than 10mins she simply refuse to move.. dr say she found a comfy spot and dun wanna move... hb always joked tt bb is in the wrong time zone with us.. american time coz v active at nite..

Need advice from mummies who have used medela pumps.. I realised tt they dun have strerilisers and bottle warmers.. Can advice which brands u all use to sterilised the medela bottles, etc? Coz I only see the mircowave bags for medela. Thanks!

Back