(2012/04) Apr 2012

Cheekiedickie, ethan thanks! Will get those disposable panties tat u all recommended .. Save the hassle lah.
The socks are so cute.. I like the bees one kekeke!

Ethan_ethel
I also dread that the labour ward Will b extremely busy. Kena that for my delivery. Had to wait in the cramped observation ward for long time until u r ready to pop. N the observation Ward is bad. Curtains separating u from other mummies n u can hear all the groans n complaints fr other mummies around u. Worst is I was there fr 11am-5.30pm before they can push me to labour ward n I'm one of the last one to deliver. Quite demoralizing. Thats my only only complaint abt tmc. Other than that the stay is gd.

suddenly it looks quite scary reading the posts posted after lunch... it sounds asif gg to deliver soon.. hahaa
the tot kinda freak me out.. cause i keep telling myself. now oni nov... baby oni coming in april.. dont worry bout (the pain) yet...

Odiey: i was in the observation ward from 8am till 3pm too! And yes... The neighbouring mummies are quite very noisy. Happens that there's a lot of emergency cases on that day. Overheard one of the nurses telling 1 super noisy mummy who kept screaming that she was going to die of the pain. "Give birth of course pain lar!"
But I just ignore and fell asleep. I got super good falling asleep skills! =P I guess I was so quiet that the nurses prob forgot i was there.

Ladies delivering at GE, I've called to ask. Pre-admission registration, no payment needed. Upon admission, you need to make FULL payment for the maternity package that you've selected.

Hi ladies,

Yeah, i think the hospital will charge you for everything - so better to bring your own diapers, pads etc. Last time, i even brought my own protection sheet - you know that thing they make you lie on in case you bleed onto their sheets? And they charge exhorbitant prices for everything. My cousin had left over protection sheets so she gave me to bring to the hospital.

Also, i have a little exercise you can do to avoid leg cramps at night. I can't remember where i learnt it from but i did it for my first pregnancy and have been doing it religiously every night for my second pregnancy and so far no leg cramps. If you ask me leg cramps are like the most painful things one can experience.

So just before you sleep every night - stand facing the wall - about 1 m away from the wall or as far as you can muster. And then lean on the wall with your hands - like doing wall push ups like that. You will feel the stretch in the back of your leg calf muscle. The more pain the stretch the better. Hold this position for about 20 seconds and feel the stretch and then go back to normal position. Repeat for about 4 to 5 times and then you can go to sleep.

When you wake up in the middle of the night - do not flex your leg like a ballerina - as in point your toes, as this will cause the leg cramps. Instead if you feel like flexing or stretching your legs, flex it the other way with your toes not pointing downwards but pointing upwards and you should be fine.

Good luck ladies.

I'm in my 19 week now, going for detailed scan on 24 Nov at TMC. Still have morning sickness (SIGH) and still very tired and having disturbed sleep. Also my stomach is ginormous and most people thing i'm in my 7 months instead of 5 months. Quite sad... ekekekeke

Also will be doing the cord blood banking - anyone doing that?

suddenly feels like so fast gng to give birth already!

now i cannot watch channel 425 or youtube to see people give birth. suddenly think of the pain, like ohmygod, can i do this????? scared!!!!!!

meinme

if last min forget to get the pad after delivery, can walk to GlenEagle Medical Center... Watson got sell the pad.

ya sometimes,i also thinking of the giving birth part. very scary. scare later need wait very long then BB come out. also the stitches... painful & stressful

AhNah, thanks for the reminder that they have Watson, thought is Guardian?

I'll bring, just that at the point of time, you wont remember what you've brought liao, they give you will just use. For me is cesarean, all the more gone case, whatever they do, I got to accept as semi-consious by the time I out of threatre. This time, I'll opt for Epi Cesarean if my gynae allows.

Just now at Suntec Spring Maternity, they are clearing the nursing camisole at 50% but left L and XL size for white, I grab the L!!! Will go back to get the pink one.

Silvery_Gal: no need to be scared.
If your pain threshold is low, there's always epidural for delivery. after delivery, there's pain killers.
If your threshold is high, and you can survive the birth process with no drugs/injection/etc, then the pain after stitching is nothing. =D

Mel: Where u delivered at previously.

Anyway, I recommend mummies delivering at TMC, not to bring hospital bag with u when u check in for delivery. The observation room is very cramp. No space to put the bag. And you do not get your ward until after you deliver. Just put in car or get someone to deliver to you after you know your ward.
We packed 1 luggage lor. And it was so... DIN TEH... taking up space and a hazard to the nurses and midwives at the observation ward lar. We are so paiseh lor. Den go to the delivery room, also dunno put where, cos everywhere is like sterile environment. If need to bring, just bring a small bag, enough to put your clothes in after you change to the robe, and maybe a few essential items. The other things for the stay, can bring later.

Gingerbreadger, go hospital tour to get a feel of the delivery suite. I saw but no chance to use it.

CheekyDuckie,

I delivered at TMC previously - happy with the experience. Actually for me i think when i delivered was quite heng as in not many mummies delivering and have lots of labour rooms (i think).

I checked in about 12 30 am with bags in tow (except water bag which burst at home - ekekekek). Went to observation ward for a while, nothing much happening, so they sent me up to my room. So i could unpack my stuff for a while (like machiam holiday like that). Then the contractions started and I straight away ask for epidural (ekekekk, very low pain treshold).. So they straight away bring me down to the labour room - by then it was about 3am plus and i stayed there till i delivered which was 10 am. I guess once you ask for epidural they have to bring you to labour ward as you have to be hooked up to the epi machine and drip etc..

And the best part, TMC was very nice n they did not charge me for the room rate for that few hours i was in the room. They only started charging me after i delivered.

So i'm not really sure what is the usual procedure but that is what happened to me. I think it all depends on whether there are rooms available or labour rooms available. I suspect if hospital is full, they will have no choice but to keep you in the observation ward till you move to the labour ward.

happy.gif

Gingerbreadger

U can ask your Gynae for a list.

I bring basic itms like slipper, pad, clothes, receiving blanket and etc.

Just did detailed scan today, it was fun to see the major organs , the little legs w toes, the arms n little fingers etc...bb very active n smiling. Only thing is placenta on the low side, not very low but still have to be careful. No wonder I keep feeling like something pushing downwards. Sonographer say wait for uterus to expand more and it may correct itself. Will ask gynea for more details this sat.

Summersky, u did ur detailed scan ?

Cheekyduckie I just came back fr HK yest. Really not pram friendly, keep climbing a lot of stairs. Winter season type of clothes so I didn't buy anything. No 1 was very happy though w Disneyland n say she want to cont stay at Disney hotel n don't want to come home. Lol... As for me, I love the dianxin n dessert. Yummy... Gosh I put on 1.5 kg within 6 days... Gonna start aqua aerobics w kkh if I can get a slot.

Andreanie, silvery gal: me too worry how long m going to wait for bb to pop out.. I worried I will faint ! Because last time I used to hav this stomache..that caused me pain till I went blackout.. I m so worry now already..i guess the kind of contraction should b worst than my stomache !!
sad.gif
wat if I really fainted ?

Eliz, I will like to share gal's socks to get more designs.

Time of my life, I get hubby to massage for me when I had cramps in middle of the night. The next day I use an mei lou. Cos too painful the next morning. I don't know if safe or not but I don't wish to make myself so miserable. I guess external application should not be so bad.

gingerbreadger,
i only had one bag which i took along w me. But i was directed straight to delivery suite which was very spacious so no problem. I had opted for a single bedder which was completely full so they gave me a two-bedder room at single bedder charge. worked out pretty well as hubby had a proper bed to sleep in! this time i will just opt for double bedder since hubby will have to go home with #1. =)

Ms_Tan: although I do not blackout easily, I m 1of those ppl who a bit also cannot - should b consider low pain threshold.But I will try to tahan w/o epidural. Hopefully can give birth naturally. No emergency c-sect.

Haiz... Have to wait for another 19 days b4 my detail scan... Seem fun!

Welcome hanny and kinky mummy

Leo baby
Me. Always super duper tired.

Gathering
Eh how come I ended up in list for 16 dec ah? I'm not even going to be in SG! Unless virtual makan session la

Odiey
I agree! Fitti is bleah! I'm a huggies mummy. Pampers is great but my pocket got one big hole. started off high class with nepia and goon then slowly slowly downgrade to huggies and drypers haha

Andreanie
I think it depends on individual. For me I had quite a long labour. Was going to toilet then bedpan (very humbling!!), then after kena the drip, got to get attached to pee bag. It only got removed a few hours after birth I think. I think first time I went to pee I took 5 min to cover distance from bed to toilet, which was less than 3metres away! Haha like old woman. But later that day can still go visit friend in delivery suite to say jia you jia you

Haha I also remember being v scared when watching birth shows last time. But then I got so motivated cos that time still got jon and kate plus 8 and I thought wah, they manage 1 set of twins and 1 set of sextuplets, surely I'll be ok with one baby right? Hehe

Mel
Thanks for the leg cramp tip! I will try tonight

Summerbliss
How old is ur #1? I'm thinking of bringing mine next year, when she is 4. I'm also excited hehe. Oh cool kkh got aqua aerobics?

Aches and pains
It's hello butt cramp for me liao. I wonder if it's just baby pressing on some nerve to cause it but baby is still so small now right? So that's on the right. And calf cramp was on left so there's a bit of leftover pain still. So jialat la, cannot stand on left, cannot stand on right. So how? help
sad.gif

i also starting to get leg cramps!!! pain ah!!! i will force my feet on the floor.... lol...

meanwhile, im so bz preparing for my ROM...suddenly, tea ceremony going out in full scale on sat due to on monday night, an owl flew into the house....my in laws say bad omen...suddenly all on red alert...do tea ceremony must full scale, i cannot leave from my in laws hse, hv to go my frd's hse and stay then from there hubby fetch me etc... =.=

Mel: I think the procedure really depends on how busy the hospital is, After check in, i went straight to the observation room, and was there from 8am till abt 3pm, den delivery room, ard 4.30pm den got back to ward. But I think this time round, I think I will still leave the luggage in the car cos Dragon year, sure more bbs... Don't want to cause accidents in the crowded space. haha...

Ms_Tan, Andreanie: Just take epidural if you know the threshold is low. No point suffering. haha... I was without epidural for 6 hours lar! Only got epidural half hour before bb came out. Damn waste money. But then, i got very high threshold. Contractions were ok... It's when the bb's head is on the way out that it became ridiculous... I will go for no epi... IF #2 head is not bigger than #1! wahahahaha...

Hi all,

been rather quiet lately..

Would love to be able to meet the mummies.. but guess I can only meet up when I return next year.. so long! Hiakz!

Just an update, had done my 19 week detailed scan today.. baby is growing well and we are expecting a bb gal.

I'm going for my detailed scan at TMC tmr
happy.gif
Gynae checked 3 wks back and said 99% cfm is boy but I'm still harbouring hopes of having a girl :p

Anyone started using babyplus alrdy? I noticed the flutters are more rampant when I'm playing it...

Went for detailed yesterday. Confirm having a baby princess. Since it's the 1st grandchild in the family, no worries that there are a lot of aunties can't wait to doll the princess, haha. A friend of mine so 'gan cheong' and said want to be the god-mum.
happy.gif

Pink bunny , my no 1 is 3 years old. She loves Mickey mouse, keep following Mickey during the dinner buffet. Goofy n Minnie mouse came to play w her but she still follow behind mickey's back. U know she is so shy to face Mickey n will blush. Monday night buffet lesser crowd so the characters play more w the kids including tu tu train going around the restaurant. 4 years old will appreciate more n u can shop around more .

Kkh pool is warm, but long queue n aqua aerobics is a great way to exercise when we are preggy.. Must register early. My no 1 very sticky esp during weekends. I gonna try my luck n see if I can go aqua aerobics again.

Wow, the thread is moving so fast, I am having difficulties catching up!

Labor
All the talks about labor is freaking me out already. 1st time mom and all, but my gynae has already advised me on a c-section instead of a natural birth since mine are twins. Actually, I would prefer a natural birth, somehow, it feels like the recovery process is faster and more manageable. With c-section, the recovery process is more lengthy.

pinkbunny: Congrats on the clearance!
happy.gif

Insomniacs of the world unite! :S or is it only me, this lonely night? Sigh after tossing for 1 hour, finally decided to get up and send some emails :S

Summer bliss
My girl is also 3! Jul 08. Hehe so cute at yours stalking mickey. Mine is a minnie fan. Mickey is just collateral haha.

Congrats tokkie (cheong target liao!!!), and bubuya on having a little princess, and kinky mum on having a boy (though maybe gynae saw wrongly hehe)

Thanks pinkyxu and pebblestones.One thing off my mind now phew. Just patiently waiting for gender scan. I have a mini holiday just before that, so hope can relax and enjoy without the nagging feeling :S (hopefully detailed scan will be heng heng then don't even need to go for gender scan!! Fingers crossed)

Pebblestones
Don't scared don't scared. Talk it thru with ur gynae. He knows what's best for you

And now, back to tossing and turning in bed...

Summerbliss
I love aqua aerobics too! Can also check out the public pools. I remember last time I paid something like $65 for 12 sessions only. So cheap!

Ethan_Ethel - Thanks! That will be helpful.
Mossie - Hello to you too!
happy.gif

ni - I heard that if the ward of your choice is full, they will upgrade you but you still pay the price of the original ward you wanted. But your friend got charged the upgraded ward price? Yikes. I guess i heard wrongly!
Odiey - What's the difference between the standard 1 bedder and the premier 1 bedder?
Pinkbunny - Thanks for the welcome... and congrats to you
happy.gif
!!

OK all these thoughts on delivery is freaking me out! I keep thinking i have a long way to go before delivery. I have yet to shop for any baby things cos in my mind its still too early. I'm looking forward to my detailed scan to find out my baby's gender before going shopping.
happy.gif

Just checking, any mummies here using Peg Perego stroller? I'm considering to get the Pliko P3 compact, but want to hear reviews from those who've used before. I'm torn between that and the Combi Miracle Turn (love the Quinny design but hate that all the models are so bulky plus they are half-fold types only so will take up too much space in car). But seems like Combi strollers are light and a little unstable. Any thoughts?

Pinky Xu / kinky mummy, when do we need to start bb plus? thought is 24 weeks onwards? Is this your 2nd pregnancy? good?

Pebblestones, your gynae is the best guide for you, but I need to say most multiple pregnancies go with cesarean to reduce the risk of complication at delivery.

Summerbliss, I'm interested, I've missed the last time as no more vacancy. Shall we form a group to go?

I'm blessed that I do not wake up at night for multiple toilet trips, phew.

Today, someone gave up the reserved seat to me, happy....happy.

From what I understand from the website, babyplus can be used anytime starting from 18th to 32nd week, difference in that the later u start, the lesser times baby goes through a particular lesson...
I'm still debating whether to get a set...*dilemma dilemma*

Hanny
@ TMC, i opt for 4 bedder and got upgraded to 2 bedder but still charged 4 bedder. haha. I'm gona do the same this time and if they don't upgrade me then i will upgrade myself.

Congrats to all who know their babies gender. Can start shopping!!!

I'm gona head down to cotton outlet at anchor point this wkend.. Hope can get good deals.

Morning all!

I've just started babyplus on mon. So far ok bb is quiet for the morning lesson but active for the evening/nite lesson.. Guess will have to monitor longer...

morning tokkie, my baby is pretty active in the morning. and when i eat a particular kind of food that baby doesnt like, will kick one leh!

hanny, i have used jap/korean brands for my #1. i find it too filmsy too, not stable enough. thou it is light, but for example if i hang shopping bags or diaper bags at the handle, the stroller will "peng san" leh! haha. i have changed to a quinny.

wooooooo... the babyplus not cheap leh... hmmm... i think my hb will scream if i buy. maybe i shd just stick to the baby mozart series. haha...

Back