(2012/03) Mar 2012

Hi Josephine, it should be safe. Some mummies even use this method to bring home their bm when they are on work trips. Just make sure that the dry ice is not directly touching the bm to avoid freezer burn. For example, you can wrap the bm in newspaper before putting in the dry ice.

Hi mommies,

Anyone put their bb in infantcare & bb developed a hoarse voice? I've started my 4-month-old bb in infantcare last week & she came back with a hoarse & raspy voice.
I suspect it's because she cries too much in the infantcare but the teachers told me that she does cry everytime she's hungry or sleepy but she doesn't cry for long.

I'm not sure whether should I bring her to pd or just wait for it to recover. My MIL is afraid that her vocal cords will be damaged.

Anyone has similar experience?

Any mummies engaging part time maid?
I'm looking for one to come in weekly to clean d house +laundry on Sundays.. Agency ones seem quite expensive @$15 an hour

Any recommendations?

Hi Mummies,

Have you heard of "No Rinse Waterless Shampoo"? First time hear it so want to ask if anyone has any comments on it to be used during confinement since we can't wash our hair?

Thanks!

Hi Cheryl (stok) and Sharon Teoh (smallie),

Understand yr babies hv reflux. Mine was diagnosed with reflux too. He refused to drink milk when awake. Can only feed when asleep, but that disturb his sleep. Worry that he is not drinking enough cos can go without milk 5 or 6 hrs.

How are yr babies now? How much are they drinking

Hi Ruhee (hee),

My #1 and #4 will not drink when they are awake. I did not do any diagonise. I will usually feed them when they show sign of sleepiness. For my #1, i will carry and pad him to sleep then feed him. Usually, they will wake up 2-3 times a night for feeding. My children are breastfeed, so i do not know how much they are drinking.

Dear mummies,

I had my first baby on 21 Mar and I would like to join this forum to gain more knowledge and tips on caring for my baby. Hope you guys are ok with one more new member
happy.gif

Hi mummies,

My baby is 4+ mth and weigh 8kg. He's starting to want to sit upright. So I bought him a Bumbo baby seat. However, the chair is too small for him. Do you have other brands of baby seats to recommend?

Another thing..my baby has been suffering from diarrhea for a week. PD only gave him probiotics bec baby was drinking his milk well, remained playful and happy, and had no fever. PD also suggested that we switched from breast milk to soy-based formula if his condition persisted. We've done that and baby still poos 4-6 times a day in small quantity. Other than the higher frequency of watery stool, baby is perfectly fine. We're not sure what to do next. Does anyone of you have similar experience.

Hi, mummies out there,

My bb is 5 mths+ now.. Has been coughing on & off since 2 mths until now. Has been on neb machine, med etc.

Thinking of changing his milk powder. He is currently on enfalac. Does any mummy know which milk powder is not so sweet and do not cause so much flame.

Please share with me as i am very worried about him as my 1st & 2nd kid dont have this problem.

Thanks alot.
Mabel

My babies are taking Mamil Gold also...1 of my boys also have abit of phlegm when he was taking Similac during 1st mth. We tried diluted e milk powder and eventually changed FM, now seldom see him cough with phlegm anymore..

Hi mommies,

My girl caught some virus from infantcare & she has phlegm in her lungs. The PD gave her the nebulizer treatment & I have been administering it to her 3 times a day. But she keeps vomiting after ever since she started the treatment yesterday. Is this normal?

Hi Mommies!

Have you all start feeding solids to your babies? What are the first few food you have tried? I have started giving my baby rice cereal (mixed with EBM) once a week and he seems to love it. Pls share your experience!

I start off with 1 scoop of rice cereal once a day. Now I feed cereal twice a day. Sometimes I will steam banana or carrot to mix into the rice cereal but oatmeal cereal I din add anything to it.

mrs clarice, i did buy avocado over the weekend but its too 'green'. now waiting for it to be ripe and will freeze it for puree. thanks for your suggestions! :D

So far I've only tried apple, carrot, banana, potato, pear n pumpkin. My baby will poo everytime after she eat pumpkin n she absolutely hates potato.

I've tried avocado, carrot and sweet potato so far and my girl loves all of them. Not mixing them with cereal as I would like my girl to get to know the different tastes.

Avocado is a little troublesome actually, as it takes time to ripen. The first lot I bought didn't ripen even after a week.

<font color="aa00aa">Hi Mummies,

I am a july mummy, I have create a group is for mummies group buy, the price is lower then u can find in sg. Any one interested can request to join. Can even request for the things u interested and i will see if i can get it in the lower price. Group name: Sg Mummies Group buy</font>

Hi! Any moms have got the Friso Gold 2 milk tin at home now? Can you pls advise me on the recommended feeding amount? 180ml to how many scoops?

Thanks!

My older girl is 2.5 yo and is trying to toilet train her. But the strange thing is she will tell us when she wants to pee but not poo poo. By the time we discovered, she already poo out onto the pampers.

Any one encountered such problem as to why they will NOT tell us when they wanna poo but pee pee will say out?

Hello everyone.. the thread has been real slow eh?

Been introducing new solids to my bb girl and she is taking it well. She is recently fussing as her 3rd and 4th pearlies are erupting at the bottom.

as for Josephine.. I assume your girl knows how to say and knows what is poo already right? My eldest just turned 3 not long ago and is now toilet trained in the day. Not sure what I did helped but I recall taking her diaper with poo to the toilet and pour the contents into the toilet bowl and say it should go there.. Then I explain to her that poo and wee all goes in there.

Sometimes I also observe her expression when she is doing her business in her diaper. If I happen to catch her in the act (initial stage), I will bring her to the toilet and put her on the potty/toilet seat (maybe some kids will stop poo-ing after a sudden change of environment.. no mood le la..) and tell her poo belongs to the toilet (replace with whatever terms you and your girl is familiar with).. and that she gets to poo in the diaper cos she cannot express herself as a baby. It's ok to poo in the diaper but now that she's grown up, it's time to "upgrade", especially now she knows how express she wants to pee pee in toilet, hope she can try to let you know the next time round that Mr. Poo is coming. It's pretty much repetition for them. Other times I "role model" in the toilet and pretend to or really do business, me on the toilet bowl and her on her potty. Then praise her if she managed to poo in the potty or let you know in advance. I guess encouragement is pretty much effective.

My guess is they probably feel weird seating on the toilet seat or potty.. with the airy sensation for a "long period" of time as compared to pee pee.

In any case, maybe you can try borrowing those toddler potty books, read to her and show her how similar her situation is with the character.

At 2.5 years old, I assume their vocab bank is pretty much expanded and can roughly understand what we mean. I learnt not underestimate them! hehe.. Anyway hope it helps! Sorry for the long post :p

Hi Josephine,

My elder is 33 months and he's full toilet trained. I don't remember how I trained him. It's liked he has to "feel" the urge and recognize the feeling (ready to be trained) before we can train him. If not, just wait. But before that, we always take off the diaper to "ask" him to poo. Everyday about the same timing. He might or might not poo - most of the time he'll poo in potty. So, he sort of knowing poo poo - diaper off.

Probably can't help you much.
happy.gif

Hi Mummies,

My son is currently 8 months old, for the past 2 days he's been crying alot at night and refused to sleep. I suspected its due to teething. He's actually having 3-4 upper teeths coming out at the same time. It must be a torturing moment for him right now. Anyone has any idea how i can make him feel better?

i tried bonjela..but it doesnt seems to help. my baby will struggle with me for 2 hours plus before he gets really tired and went to bed.

My girl also started teething and chews at everything! I gave her some puffs and yogurt and fruit snacks.. at least that makes her happier!

Btw just to share with you.. I saw that a lot of people actually buy stuff from iHerb.com sprees, but iHerb.com actually offers free shipping to Singapore for purchases over $40.00!

For first time buyers, you can use this code: ZJJ747 to save $10 on your first iHerb order of $40 or more. If your order is less than $40, you will still get $5 off!

I just ordered the products from iherb directly for the first time because it will deliver directly to my address in Singapore. No need to collect at various venues from sprees.

The exchange rate makes a big difference! Using my own credit card is more worth it! Plus I can earn points from credit cards or even cash rebates, depending on the card you use.

I just made my first purchase of almost $80 plus iHerb has 10% discount now.. so my total savings was almost $20! Much more worth it than joining sprees I think... plus with the free shipping.. hehe.. just sharing!

You will need to enter the code for discount though.. Code:ZJJ747

Hi bluesugar

I am using this teething gel call dentinox , it works for my boy. Can get it from guardian, Watson , unity ., saw tat my pd sells it too so I guess must b recommended as well.

Hi low

Tats a nice pc of news to share
happy.gif
thanks!

Finally this thread is getting a little bit active lol

Hi mummies,

Sorry to disturb, I have a brand new Cocoonababy Nest to let go at $300 (Retail is $350). Inclusive of extra cover (brown colour).

The reason is that i already have 1 existing, and recently got it as a gift for my baby's full month.

Please PM me at 92347711 if you're keen. Self-Collection near United Square.

7825070.jpg

Ha same ! Mine was born on 24/3 ;) how's ur bb solid experience so far? Just intro minced meat , my boy still trying to accept the texture of the meat lol

March mummies, care to share wat have u been feeding ur bb? Reckon all should have started solids by now ;)

My boy was born on 21/03. Just 3 days apart from yours
happy.gif
The solid experience is so far so good, he's enjoying his solid more as compared to his milk -__" Sometimes he refused to take his usual amount of milk and i will be very worried as i heard that babies at this age still needs to take more milk for their growth.

i intend to start him on fish next month. All these while, he has been a pure vegetarian.

Items tried: Pumpkin, carrot, potatoes, avocado, pear, apples, broccoli, french beans, peas, banana.

Did you put the minced meat in the porridge? How do you cook it?

BlueSugar I started my boy on fish, I bought the blender to blend the porridge with the fish.Havnt start on mince meat bt usually I will boil a piece of pork with the porridge to make it tasty.

How do you all make de avocado? I tried bt the taste a bit funny.

What do u all teach your babies now? Any nice education CDs? Play instrumental musics? Do u let thm watch tv?

Hi wat I did for fish porridge is .. When the porridge is almost done (add carrot to give some sweetness), i will add the fish in. Some finely chopped WANs and as well as a pc of the fish. So during feeding I will let him taste the mashed fish then some fish porridge Cos I wan him to taste the fish , get the nutrients direct and also just in case he can't finish the porridge at least big portion of the fish he has taken which is more impt
happy.gif

As for minced meat, we minced ourselves and add into the porridge.

Hi Wanda , I face the same avocado issue too. Give on its own he dun like so I mixed it w pumpkin purée to cover the taste &amp; he accepts it.

Hi Wanda

I didn't expose my son to tv but I buy a lot of books to stir his interest in reading.. I read to him everyday.. &amp; i find tat he loves flipping books and checking them out. Oh n I get this teach my baby kit, not bad u can check it out. Q creative to attract his attention.

for avocado, i will mix it in the cereal, so it wont taste funny on its own. Another idea is to add mashed banana into avocada, it will taste much better.

i will let him try fish next week. like what you all said, add the fish when the porridge is almost done. Let him get the DHA!
happy.gif

i try not to let him watch tv too. only when he's cranky then i will distract him with tv...so that he can stop crying. hehe.
I will let him listen to instrumental music when he's getting ready to sleep and also singing to him. Other then that, i will just let him play toys. I did introduced flash cards but he will take the flash cards and throw it... Favourite hobby is take toys and throw!

So, where do i get this 'teach my baby' kit?

How do you prepare peas?

I feed we avacado once and she likes it or simply doesn't reject.

Mummies how is the feeding schedule? She currently ate half bowl of porridge at noon. Dinner only fruits. Formula milk still 28-30 ounce per day. Is it too little solid?

Bluesugar, I bought the teach my bb kit from kiddiebookonline.com.sg.. Mine is the full set, I notice they seems to sell in diff parts now, u can check w the seller, get full set more worth it.. U can goggle teachmybabylearningkit to find out more
happy.gif
oh yes my boy likes to throw things n see where his stuff drop to ESP on high chair, so need to constantly remind him not to throw .. Yet need to explain it's alrite to toss /throw ball =s

Hi Anewmummy
happy.gif
for peas I used frozen ones and scald it before I steam it and blend it using Philip blender. Hmm I read ther milk intake should still b their main source of food for the 1st yr so I guess it should b fine tat ur gal prefers milk at this moment. My boy feeding schedule goes like this : 5am (Bm latch on, yes his first feed is tat early I am still trying to drag this feed, 9am 150ml Bm , follow by 4 soup spoon of cereal , 1pm - porridge , 2+pm 150ml milk, 5pm - fruits at times , 6pm - mixed purée (potato / sweet potato/ pumpkin mix w a veg ), 8pm Bm latch on then zzz , 11pm-1130pm Bm latch on ..

anewmummy, for me, i also used frozen peas. Will wash it and then steam/ blend with the philips blender too. The philip blender in my opinion is the best invention in the world. lol.

my boy prefers solid more then milk. I really hope he can drink more as i think milk is more important then the solid for now.

ysl, your boy is taking in a lot...thats good
happy.gif
i dont know how to make my boy takes in more. And thanks for the link, i will check it out.

my current schedule is:

8am 6 oz milk
9.30am 1 oz yoghurt cereal
11.30am porridge + 1 cube vegetable + fish (just started it over the weekend)
1.30pm 4 oz milk
4.30pm 3-4 oz cereal + 2 cubes of puree (usually sweet potato/ carrot + vegetable) and 2 oz milk
8pm - 6 oz milk (last feed)
he will zzzz by 9pm.

Am i feeding too little? sometimes i find my boy seems a bit on the 'slim' side. I read that babies still need at least 600ml of milk intake per day. I'm feeding lesser then that...so stressful.

Hi mummies

How is your baby doing?

I can't help to think my this baby is slow?

She is quite not active. Can army crawl no teeth yet... For toys can grab one hand and pass to another hand. That's it.. Don't feel very excited for peekaboo... Seldom laugh out loud. Just smile only...

Hi Anewmummy!

My son is also on army crawl and its only recently that his upper teeth came out. So dont worry, i'm sure your daughter teeth will be 'popping' out soon.

Maybe your gal is more girlish and demure kind. Thats why she behave pretty gently.

Hi Mummies did you bring your baby to any classes? Music? Gym? Let me knw your reviews. &amp; whether there is any trials lesson.

Back